Author Topic: Liverpool rejected bids from Gremio & Villarreal for Lucas yesterday  (Read 29110 times)

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool rejected bids from Gremio & Villarreal for Lucas yesterday
« Reply #120 on: February 1, 2011, 04:56:07 pm »
nah , Blackpool simply outplayed us.  Their movement caused us all kinds of problems and our defence let us down as usual.

how did they do that then?

you'd have thought our superiority in midfield would have won the day.....

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: February 1, 2011, 05:01:16 pm »
For starters, the Liverpool way was to move the ball quickly - something that Lucas is apparently immune to. His mind would have been 5 yards behind everyone else on the pitch.

Stating that you don´t like Lucas as a player is one thing but as much as you gonna hate this, it´s obvious in every game that he in fact IS a pass and move player in the very first place.

Lucas is great player and some fans don´t like him. Still he remains a great player, brasilian international and for sure good enough for Liverpool, considering Kenny´s approach on how he likes to have the lads play on the pitch.

Neither Mascherano nor Alonso suit anywear near that good to Kenny´s pass and move than Lucas.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #122 on: February 1, 2011, 05:04:15 pm »
What makes you so sure of that?

Dalglish is an old style footballer. He is cultured in the best footballing traditions. He respects those who work hard, keep their head down, speak respectfully of the club and other players. He is steeped in the Liverpool way as we have seen since his return. As such he surely rates Lucas greatly. I recall no examples of Lucas suffering from foot in mouth disease. He also tries to play a responsible and simple game, like it was in the old days. From Rafa's days it is clear that Lucas also follows directions from a manager to a great degree. He was transformed, with good success, from a box to box midfielder to one we needed a holding type, that breaks up opposition plays and keeps the ball moving and helps retain possession. Since Kenny, I think, knows you cannot build a great team with flash in every position I think Lucas' future is bright here. He is a workhorse who gets the job done and gets right in there with his grit. Whenever you get a goal or an assist from him that's a bonus. His main job is to keep the ball moving, get it back when we loose it and disrupt the flow of the opposition play. Nothing about his role excites the fans or hearts but it excites the manager who wants a job well done.

Offline cathy-lfc-taff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 1, 2011, 05:05:45 pm »
Thank feck for that. Would be very very dissapointed to see him leave, he's going to be a big player for us Lucas.
I wish my balls were as big as Dirk's.

Offline Delinquent

• Kemlynite
« Reply #124 on: February 1, 2011, 05:06:00 pm »
Point scoring? In your excitement at being 'newly' registered on RAWK and with the exciting signings of Suarez and Carroll to discuss, your first post was to say that Lucas wouldn't be Liverpool standard if he played to the age of 47. And you haven't budged from the thread yet.

You finally answered Sangria's question (I'll ignore the quality of the answer), but not yet mine:

What role did Lucas play in the third goal against Wolves?

(Clue: it disproves your point that "the Liverpool way was to move the ball quickly - something that Lucas is apparently immune to. His mind would have been 5 yards behind everyone else on the pitch")

With respect, I am not duty-bound to answer any question you care to throw at me. I have no interest in dissecting individual games, because for every example you could show me of Lucas' brilliance, I could show you one where he has cost us, or could've cost us dearly. And to be honest, it would be very petty indeed, and see this thread descend into something I'm pretty sure nobody wants to read. My first post was (I thought) a fairly light-hearted, but honest assessment of things. It seems to have ruffled a few feathers though, so apologies for daring to fly in the face of popular opinion. I didn't realise that opposing viewpoints were offensive on here. I'll know to stick to non-Lucas threads in future, and perhaps research what everyone else thinks before I post to make sure I'm not saying anything too controversial.

Anyway, I will do as you advise and leave this thread alone now. It is quite clear that I have stumbled upon an alternative reality.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #125 on: February 1, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »
Of all the things you can level at Lucas , speed of thought is not one of them. I have never seen him dwell on the ball. Utter bollocks.

As per usual with every single poster who criticises him a point comes up which is so stupid it beggars belief, and immediately undoes any argument they may have had.

It would actually be prudent to just add them to the ignore list as soon as this shite is uttered. Possibly directing them to the Guardian chalkboards before doing so.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 1, 2011, 05:07:13 pm »
With respect, I am not duty-bound to answer any question you care to throw at me. I have no interest in dissecting individual games, because for every example you could show me of Lucas' brilliance, I could show you one where he has cost us, or could've cost us dearly. And to be honest, it would be very petty indeed, and see this thread descend into something I'm pretty sure nobody wants to read. My first post was (I thought) a fairly light-hearted, but honest assessment of things. It seems to have ruffled a few feathers though, so apologies for daring to fly in the face of popular opinion. I didn't realise that opposing viewpoints were offensive on here. I'll know to stick to non-Lucas threads in future, and perhaps research what everyone else thinks before I post to make sure I'm not saying anything too controversial.

Anyway, I will do as you advise and leave this thread alone now. It is quite clear that I have stumbled upon an alternative reality.

No, you said Lucas couldn't move the ball quickly and lacked speed of thought. In the best goal we've scored all season, a fifth of the passes were by Lucas, and all but one of them were one-touch passes. You were wrong.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 1, 2011, 05:07:22 pm »

no you are simply not permitted to leave this thread until you admit the fella Lucas is a worldclass CM!!!!  :D

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #128 on: February 1, 2011, 05:07:35 pm »
He would improve it in the sense that if it was 10 players on the pitch and then you had the choice of adding another and that had to be lucas - yes, probably. But at the expense of one of the 11, then no, clearly not. Your fascination and obsession with this player is pathological. He does not have any brilliant attributes by any stretch of imagination. I would wager a large sum that if and when we win 19, hopefully in next 2-3 seasons, lucas will not be part of the first 11, and almost certainly long gone.

Why the totally inappropriate username?

It's not only disrespectful to a great man, it also makes your posts even less agreeable than they are anyway. I'm not aware of anything you've posted that I could nod in agreement with.

"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline stonty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 1, 2011, 05:12:27 pm »
Did the The Who ever tour in Brazil?, ....there's a bit of Roger Daltrey about him lol

Offline Junkle

• Stupid
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #130 on: February 1, 2011, 05:12:56 pm »
If we went and bought two world class midfielders tomorrow, I'm not sure Lucas would be getting dropped even then.

Who are these world class midfielders?. Many came including those who were already at the club and Lucas conquered them all.

Sign the player yesterday.
The weakest link in the team is our main man BR.

Offline ScouserMichael

• Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King!
« Reply #131 on: February 1, 2011, 05:13:19 pm »
Good stuff.
I would be gutted if we lost him - hopefully he signs the new contract soon.
http://dontbuythesun.co.uk/site/  -  Justice for the 96!

Proud Member of Spirit of Shankly
http://www.spiritofshankly.com/

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #132 on: February 1, 2011, 05:19:36 pm »
Dalglish is an old style footballer. He is cultured in the best footballing traditions. He respects those who work hard, keep their head down, speak respectfully of the club and other players. He is steeped in the Liverpool way as we have seen since his return. As such he surely rates Lucas greatly. I recall no examples of Lucas suffering from foot in mouth disease. He also tries to play a responsible and simple game, like it was in the old days. From Rafa's days it is clear that Lucas also follows directions from a manager to a great degree. He was transformed, with good success, from a box to box midfielder to one we needed a holding type, that breaks up opposition plays and keeps the ball moving and helps retain possession. Since Kenny, I think, knows you cannot build a great team with flash in every position I think Lucas' future is bright here. He is a workhorse who gets the job done and gets right in there with his grit. Whenever you get a goal or an assist from him that's a bonus. His main job is to keep the ball moving, get it back when we loose it and disrupt the flow of the opposition play. Nothing about his role excites the fans or hearts but it excites the manager who wants a job well done.

Post of the week that :thumbup

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline montysmum

• Was brought up in an entirely queg-free area.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 1, 2011, 05:25:01 pm »
http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/futebol-internacional/noticia/2011/01/liverpool-recusa-propostas-de-gremio-e-villarreal-por-lucas.html

Gremio have confirmed to the Brazilian press they made numerous attempts to sign Lucas, both on loan and permanently, before the transfer deadline yesterday. They were also made aware that Villarreal had offers rejected also.

Lucas (probably his agent) informed both parties that he was under contract until 2012 here and was also wanting to extend that beyond this date, and was negotiating to do so.

They also mention that in the previous transfer window, offers were rejected from both Inter Milan and Santos. First time I've seen indication that Rafa tried to take Lucas with him to Inter.

Glad these approaches were rejected.

I like Lucas and he is starting to show just what a good player he can be after taking a Hell of a lot of stick.  Seems a nice lad too.

It would be good to see his hard work rewarded with a contract extension.
"If the supporters love me, then it's only half as much as I love them." - Kenny Dalglish. Liverpool Manager

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #134 on: February 1, 2011, 05:26:41 pm »
As per usual with every single poster who criticises him a point comes up which is so stupid it beggars belief, and immediately undoes any argument they may have had.

It would actually be prudent to just add them to the ignore list as soon as this shite is uttered. Possibly directing them to the Guardian chalkboards before doing so.

You would think that his critics would do at least some homework on him if they want to come here and take potshots at one of our steadiest players of the season. If anything , he thinks far too quickly for some of his slower witted teammates , that is why you see him attempting 'wall passes' so many times only for him to not receive the ball back.

You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline redoneusa

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 1, 2011, 05:27:55 pm »
You can say plenty about Lucas but you cannot doubt that he wants to stay and play for us. Rather have him than some player who leaves for an extra couple of mill down the road.
You will find me on Twatter: Follow my Twatter

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #136 on: February 1, 2011, 05:37:54 pm »
In relation to people who constantly snipe at Lucas "not being good enough", the utter hilarity of Sky over the last 24 hours and their 'how would Carroll and Suarez fit in' big TV while talking shite, and leaving out Lucas from their proposed line-up only to include Poulsen, just goes to show that the morons in the media influence those who can't be arsed to open their eyes or actually look up his stats and contribution since he's been here.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: February 1, 2011, 05:41:32 pm »
I think Lucas has grown into a great player, especially this season. He has some off games but doesn't everyone? E.g- that new fella at chelsea, can't remember his name.
Well in for rejecting these bids.
Plus, Lucas' twitter is just top class entertainment.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 1, 2011, 05:44:33 pm »
I've never hid from suggesting we need a bit better to really push on but thank fuck he never went. I'm not quite ready to lose him as a first teamer never mind a squad player.

Do the biz Lucas lad, exciting few months ahead.

Offline snowlion

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: February 1, 2011, 05:48:59 pm »
I'm glad we kept Lucas.  He's turning into a hard working midfielder who is still young and can develop further.  Keep off our Lucas!
Make Us Dream

Offline Wot_Shanks_would_Say

• Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: February 1, 2011, 05:51:18 pm »
Why the totally inappropriate username?

It's not only disrespectful to a great man, it also makes your posts even less agreeable than they are anyway. I'm not aware of anything you've posted that I could nod in agreement with.

Shanks is my idol as he would be most fans. I'm sure if anyone disagrees with me they can see past my username anyway. I'm also sure shanks would stand up for forthright opinion and going against the grain if he believed in something. Now go back to hating my opinion, not my username  :wave

Offline Lubeh

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 1, 2011, 05:52:15 pm »
Lucas has been our best and most consistant player this season, and to be honest when he don't play we are alot worse for it, possibly the most under rated player in the league. If every player at this club had his attitude we would be alot better than we are now ...Lucas I salute you sir!

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #142 on: February 1, 2011, 05:52:56 pm »
Glad that we did reject.
Lucas has to be part of the revolution.
One player whose heart is here,has been through a tough phase and deserves to be here.

Offline KjellK

• Kemlynite
  • '77 '78 '81 '84 '05
« Reply #143 on: February 1, 2011, 05:53:03 pm »
I'm really happy we didn't sell Lucas. I think he's very happy at the club and we have to extend his contract in the summer.
LIVERPOOL F.C
SUPPORT & BELIEVE
1977 1978 1981 1984 2005

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #144 on: February 1, 2011, 05:56:36 pm »

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #145 on: February 1, 2011, 05:57:23 pm »
One player who certainly deserves a new contract in the next 6 months.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #146 on: February 1, 2011, 05:58:00 pm »
just happy we didnt sell. Villarreal would have loved him to replace the aging Senna so they can catch Real for 2nd.

Give him a new contract. Good lad Lucas
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Daintstar

• Main Stander
  • A Bastion Of Invincibility
« Reply #147 on: February 1, 2011, 06:01:50 pm »
Lucas is a great squad player, someone every team needs. I just don't feel he'll ever make the grade as a concrete starter in the 11, not with the way we pursued Charlie Adam and consistently linked with M'vila. I'm more than happy that Lucas is part of our squad and long may it continue!!! I feel he's limited, I think Raul, Gerrard, Shelvey and eventually Adam are/will end up ahead of him but I thoroughly enjoy watching him play at times and hopefully he will remain at the club for many years to come.

He has great potential to turn around and make bullshit of what I've just said but there just my feelings. Glad he turned the move down!!!

Offline Daintstar

• Main Stander
  • A Bastion Of Invincibility
« Reply #148 on: February 1, 2011, 06:04:51 pm »

Absolutely. Great post, nail right on the head.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #149 on: February 1, 2011, 06:06:05 pm »
Lucaaas :scarf

Been through a lot here and never complained. Just got on with it  :)

Deserves a new contract

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #150 on: February 1, 2011, 06:09:32 pm »
Lucas is a good boy. Amazing that no matter what is going on at the club, there are those that always find the time to badmouth him. Lucas is NOT a part of any perceived problems at this point in time.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline JTorresIntheKOP!!

• Anny Roader
« Reply #151 on: February 1, 2011, 06:16:38 pm »
Lucaaas :scarf

Been through a lot here and never complained. Just got on with it  :)

Deserves a new contract

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 1, 2011, 06:17:10 pm »
You just have to look at our last game to realise how vaulable he is to us. We looked lost without him when Fulham siezed control of the game.

Calm, composed, keeps the ball moving, always avialble for a pass and reads the game well. We need to hold on to him.

Spot-fucking-on.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #153 on: February 1, 2011, 06:33:18 pm »
Wow ! Shows committment to the cause - well done, lad. Most improved player in last 18 months (possible exception of Kelly) with great potential - sign the lad up long-term. Could become Kenny's 'Ronnie Whelan' !

Offline justarslan

• Legacy Fan
  • Join Spirit Of Shankly!
    • Spirit Of Shankly
« Reply #154 on: February 1, 2011, 06:37:25 pm »
Give the lad new contract as soon as possible.
I want to hold my hands up and apologise to Rafa.
Give me the cold steel of the European Cup over a warm smile any day.

Offline JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 1, 2011, 06:40:20 pm »
Hopefully this means a new contract in the pipeline. 5 years please.

Good work by the agent, getting his player a five year extension and him a swimming pool extension.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #156 on: February 1, 2011, 08:02:20 pm »
First one, as it happens. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ironically, Lucas probably said the same to your type.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #157 on: February 1, 2011, 08:06:07 pm »
I also think if Lucas did get that kind of vocal backing, song loudly belted out regularly etc home and away, trust from general fans, feedback that led to some actual media recognition, we'd probably see his game go up another level or two too - there's bits of his game, finishing for example, where I still think he's lacking in confidence, I honestly think there's quite a bit more to come just because we've never seen a Lucas here truly pumped full of that kind of confidence and trust.

You just need to look at the positions he gets into, usually unmarked, to see there are goals in. The sign of a very intelligent attacking player is that he can find space in a penalty area. Lucas does that time and again.

However, he snatches at chances, jumps early for headers. ALl that tells me is he is anxious to do well.... over keen maybe. With unconditional support, he wouldn't feel that pressure. He would relax, play his game and be in total control of the game. Next time he plays in Brasil, watch him. His team has complete confidence in him, the fans are starting in that direction and the manager has been like a dad to him. He plays without fear.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #158 on: February 1, 2011, 08:08:02 pm »
Glad we kept him
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline lfc_fan2005

• Legacy Fan
  • La Liga enthusiast
« Reply #159 on: February 1, 2011, 08:11:06 pm »
Glad we have kept him, good player with a great attitude. His game would be really well suited at Villarreal, but they have Bruno and Borja in midfield who with all due respect are on another level to Lucas at the moment.