Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1761668 times)

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #11840 on: September 16, 2021, 05:33:10 pm »
I think there's a large part of Jurgen just being humble about that - if he's directly asked the question, he's not going to say "yeah I love it, please sing even more songs about me, it's boss", is he :D Surely he can't really dislike hearing 50,000 people express their sincere gratitude? It's not actually a choice between one or the other, is it?

Plus, it's part of our tradition to be 100% behind our managers... I think it helps if there's any tension with the board brewing, it helps in tricky times when the media start trying to put pressure on the position, it helps when players might start getting a little petulant or whatever... Our manager isn't just a coach, they are a figurehead - a quasi-mystical cult leader - and should be venerated accordingly! :P

Plus, it's basically just insane that we effectively don't have any songs for the man who has made us English, European and World champions. WTF? :(

It's not him being humble, though he is obviously, he's specifically asked people to stop, probably because it mostly used to be done when we were well on our way to winning so he sees it as a game over song, think it was the 4-3 at Arsenal that set him off when we were singing it at 4-1 then nearly threw it away. Think he's fine with it after just not during unless we are 7-0 up.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #11841 on: September 16, 2021, 07:00:36 pm »
I love the Bobby song but cringed when it got a round.

So Bobby is watching and injured and thinking, i wish the Liverpool fans would sing songs for players on the pitch?

Anyway, it is a great song. Happy to sing along, personally.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11842 on: September 16, 2021, 07:04:46 pm »
I was running late from work and didn't see the teams so I thought maybe he'd made a recovery and he was on the bench when it was sung ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11843 on: September 16, 2021, 07:13:16 pm »
Same. Sing for the players on the pitch otherwise it loses its meaning. For the same reason Klopp doesn't like his song, support the players on the pitch.

I couldn't disagree more & Klopp doesn't like his song being sung because he gets embarrassed but guess what,not even Klopp gets to decide what & when songs are sung.

Should we fuck FOAR off as well ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11844 on: September 16, 2021, 07:16:03 pm »
Was surprised by the lack of 'In Istanbul we won it 5 times' renditions. Thought we'd have got that going a bit more. I did try a few times in 306 but i'm out of practice on how to pick my moments

;D

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11845 on: September 16, 2021, 09:01:05 pm »
The constant standing in Anfield Road Lower then sitting then standing is just daft. Either all sit so everyone can see or all stand. In between is stupid.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #11846 on: September 16, 2021, 09:06:47 pm »
The constant standing in Anfield Road Lower then sitting then standing is just daft. Either all sit so everyone can see or all stand. In between is stupid.
I was in 127 row 18. Id say from row 15 back was standing all game. At like 25 mins the rows in front of 15 were made sit. Made no sense
YNWA

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #11847 on: September 16, 2021, 09:36:17 pm »
Same. Sing for the players on the pitch otherwise it loses its meaning. For the same reason Klopp doesn't like his song, support the players on the pitch.
Absolute wool behaviour this shout. Chatting absolute wham.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11848 on: September 16, 2021, 09:57:16 pm »
Genuine question, and not meant to stir up any negative OOT shite, but whats the make up of the attendance like at the moment with travel restrictions? Are there less 'tourists'?
For the CL last night there was a lot of non-scouse accents around us. Two in particular had the best time and made the most noise in our vicinity.

It's really hard to get perspective of noise in Anfield. A full vocal Kop always dominate. I was in the lower MS adjacent to the Kop and I'd say the ground went fairly flat on about 20 mins for a while. Oerhaps because the Kop was largely.
I know for a fact that the Upper MS can buzz like fuck but there's no way of knowing if you're in the lower - the sound doesn't offer itself on its own. Likewise at our end we may not appreciate the ARE.
Since the new MS was built there is a new vibe in the lower - I reckon at the AR end of it - its really noisy which you can sense from over in the Kenny Stand where we usually sit. But it didn't transmit last night to the Kop end of the MS.

It's really difficult to explain. You know when there's a single chorus of sound but depending where you are you don't know that a huge pocket of supporters in the other end of the same stand are up for it.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11849 on: September 16, 2021, 10:01:28 pm »
Absolute wool behaviour this shout. Chatting absolute wham.

Yep. Someone will ask not to shout Dalgish next :)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #11850 on: September 16, 2021, 10:02:20 pm »
Noticed that we didn't have the surfer banner out...

Is that deliberate because of covid?

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11851 on: September 16, 2021, 10:43:53 pm »

Fuck me lads. Showing support for an injured player gets criticism?

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11852 on: September 16, 2021, 10:44:32 pm »
Yep. Someone will ask not to shout Dalgish next :)

Haha point well made John!!

Virgil wasn't on the pitch either, disgraceful singing his song. Thiago wasn't on the pitch either when his song first got a rendition last night.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 10:46:04 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #11853 on: September 16, 2021, 10:45:14 pm »
Noticed that we didn't have the surfer banner out...

Is that deliberate because of covid?

Yeah, it's not been out for a while

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #11854 on: September 17, 2021, 04:27:28 pm »
I love the Bobby song but cringed when it got a round.

No

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #11855 on: September 17, 2021, 04:52:06 pm »
I cringed when Bertie Mee was sung about, he wasn't even on the subs bench.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #11856 on: September 17, 2021, 04:56:16 pm »
Maybe some people actually want Anfield to be like a library, as the oppo sing.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #11857 on: September 17, 2021, 06:14:33 pm »
Maybe some people actually want Anfield to be like a library, as the oppo sing.

I do! That would be awesome. Sometimes the crowd is so loud that I can barely hear myself eating my prawn sandwiches and drinking champers out of my hamper.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11858 on: September 17, 2021, 08:09:23 pm »
I do! That would be awesome. Sometimes the crowd is so loud that I can barely hear myself eating my prawn sandwiches and drinking champers out of my hamper.

Damper on proceedings, as it were?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #11859 on: September 17, 2021, 08:53:24 pm »
I cringed when Bertie Mee was sung about, he wasn't even on the subs bench.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11860 on: September 18, 2021, 10:23:53 am »

I'm not happy they play YNWA before the players come out and before all the champions League music.

This is miles better, just imagine the opposition players preparing to come out in the tunnel instead of when it starts when there already out on the pitch. Surely has to fuck with their heads hearing it before they come out?

Offline OzBomber

• Favourite manager Tommy Tootchel favourite Player Naby 'lid' Kyta
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11861 on: September 19, 2021, 01:49:36 am »
This is miles better, just imagine the opposition players preparing to come out in the tunnel instead of when it starts when there already out on the pitch. Surely has to fuck with their heads hearing it before they come out?
They trialled it before the players walking out in the PL a couple of years ago and it was incredibly flat, it lasted no more than 2 games.

It works in Europe though. Although one of my favourites was the one against Munich where George forgot to play it until they walked out so we ended up singing it over the CL anthem which you couldn't hear.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11862 on: September 19, 2021, 01:04:17 pm »
But I needn't have worried. I'm not happy they play YNWA before the players come out and before all the champions League music.

actually don't mind it *if* our fans didn't start clapping and ending YNWA so early. If we could extend the final line to when the players walked out without the clapping, it would be amazing
YNWA.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11863 on: September 19, 2021, 04:28:07 pm »
Lad next to me in U6 kept referring to Conor Gallagher as Todd Cantwell ;D uncanny tbf.

He was shouting at the top of his lungs about the referee calling a foul when we were 3-0 up too, he did get a few laughs and looks but I’d much rather have someone like him at the ground in comparison to those who can barely even be bothered to sing YNWA let alone get involved with the atmosphere.

Someone told him off for starting the Bobby song as well as he wasn’t on the pitch!

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11864 on: September 19, 2021, 04:30:27 pm »
Lad next to me in U6 kept referring to Conor Gallagher as Todd Cantwell ;D uncanny tbf.

Someone told him off for starting the Bobby song as well as he wasn’t on the pitch!

I hope he told the tit where to go!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11865 on: September 19, 2021, 07:23:47 pm »
Loads of empty seats on the second tier of Main Stand. There needs to be a way of selling them as general admission.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11866 on: September 19, 2021, 07:58:56 pm »
Loads of empty seats on the second tier of Main Stand. There needs to be a way of selling them as general admission.
Odd seats or blocks mate? I've noticed a few together, it's as if a few groups are all missing.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #11867 on: September 19, 2021, 08:02:06 pm »
Odd seats or blocks mate? I've noticed a few together, it's as if a few groups are all missing.
Looked like corporate or hospitality. I never see those for sale in general sales
YNWA

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #11868 on: September 19, 2021, 08:41:33 pm »
My seat was a few metres from the Liverpool bench. The noise coming from the kop when it gets going is great from pitch side. No wonder the players always comment.

I could see Bobby’s face when they sang his name. He was trying his best not to grin  ;D

Good for a one off but stick me in the kop to stand and sing any day of the week

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11869 on: September 19, 2021, 08:44:52 pm »
My seat was a few metres from the Liverpool bench. The noise coming from the kop when it gets going is great from pitch side. No wonder the players always comment.

I could see Bobby’s face when they sang his name. He was trying his best not to grin  ;D

Good for a one off but stick me in the kop to stand and sing any day of the week

So he didn't cringe ?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #11870 on: September 19, 2021, 08:53:52 pm »

Physically impossible... you just know Bobby grins in his sleep...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11871 on: September 19, 2021, 09:00:46 pm »
So he didn't cringe ?

Disgraceful he didn't run down to the Kop end to tell us to stop signing his song because he wasn't playing to be honest.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11872 on: September 19, 2021, 09:01:50 pm »
Looked like corporate or hospitality. I never see those for sale in general sales
Yeah, that's always a shame also mate.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11873 on: September 19, 2021, 09:02:05 pm »

Groups of seats (so more than odd seats - and less than blocks). I'd say most likely season ticket holders who can't pass them on.

If there was a way of selling them as general admission we could have had another 500-1000 in there. But it's boxed off on a separate tier so I don't think there'd be a way of doing it.

Corporate section close to directors box, on the Main, lower was the same.

I was in the family section of the upper Annie. First time I've been there, it was good for what it was. Miles better than the times I've been in the other half of the upper Annie.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #11874 on: September 19, 2021, 10:20:12 pm »
There are persinstantly, seats in the Annie, upper tier, centre of goal, front row to about the 4th and between 3-6;seats wide that are empty when it's not one of the bigger games. Whilst loads miss out on getting in.

Is this the future, draconian controlled tickets, the war on season tickets set to stop, when we die. Tickets managed and controlled by ticket packages and cash return being the biggest driver not bums on seats/standing.
They forget we, are the product,  the atmosphere,  the passion, the noise, the games under the floodlights,  the tension, the emotion - the experience. That is us,  not fucking ticket packages.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11875 on: September 19, 2021, 10:39:56 pm »
There are persinstantly, seats in the Annie, upper tier, centre of goal, front row to about the 4th and between 3-6;seats wide that are empty when it's not one of the bigger games. Whilst loads miss out on getting in.

Is this the future, draconian controlled tickets, the war on season tickets set to stop, when we die. Tickets managed and controlled by ticket packages and cash return being the biggest driver not bums on seats/standing.
They forget we, are the product,  the atmosphere,  the passion, the noise, the games under the floodlights,  the tension, the emotion - the experience. That is us,  not fucking ticket packages.

Not noticed that myself but I'd guess that's be corporate season ticket holders who can't return or pass on. Since RAWK got rid of the ticket exchange I've been following groups on Twitter and stuff. There's always people trying to sell their hospitality for less than face vale.

I'd say Covid makes it harder. If you're in two minds about going the match at all, you're hardly likely to fancy a three course meal in the Sandon before it.

And I tried it once. They put cauli in the korma, who the fuck would want that?

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11876 on: September 19, 2021, 11:36:17 pm »
Yes, also noticed plenty of empty seats in the corporate areas of the Main Stand yesterday. Completly agree we need a way of selling them as GA is they are unsold in the lead up to the game. I doubt they ever considered it in the stadium plans though as they'll need to keep the 'common person' out of the hospitality lounges which may not be possible with the entry path needed.

Atmosphere was good yesterday though! Was pleasantly surprised.

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #11877 on: September 20, 2021, 08:17:25 am »
So he didn't cringe ?

His game took a dip in the covid season, he’s a performer. I think he loves it, regardless of whether he’s on the pitch or not. Some people don’t like it but it’s probably good to know for players that fans still adore you

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11878 on: September 20, 2021, 08:26:09 am »
I guess it's Covid concerns affecting corporate hospitality which in turn will affect the matchday revenues a bit this season.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #11879 on: October 4, 2021, 10:33:12 am »
Felt like everyone - crowd and players - were far too nervous yesterday.

Judging by the first ten, City came out expecting a European atmosphere, and we really didn't play into those fears as I'd hoped we would. Especially when you've seen them crumble under that intensity multiple times previously. They should've been made to earn a quiet Anfield, and they didn't really.

Our crowd is probably our main differential when comparing with City (and Chelsea to a lesser extent), so it's a bit of a shame that we didn't play that card in the one chance we get to do that in a league season.

Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854