Author Topic: China - a Fascist State  (Read 76470 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Re: China - a Fascist State
« Reply #400 on: May 26, 2021, 06:03:49 pm »
John Cena apologising for calling Taiwan a country, can't make this shit up.

Also, latest figures show China replaces Germany as UK’s biggest import market. China basically saying you keep buying tat off Amazon, we'll keep making it for you.

It's shocking to see the power this country holds over the rest of the World...

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #401 on: May 26, 2021, 06:13:46 pm »

Everyone is willing to bend over and spread their cheeks for China, especially when money are involved. China's threat grew and remained unchecked since Reagan's time when he thought that communism is dead and they are now capitalists. Short vision... And it's sad that they only US president who actually called them on it was a nutcase...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #402 on: May 26, 2021, 06:33:34 pm »

Also, latest figures show China replaces Germany as UK’s biggest import market. China basically saying you keep buying tat off Amazon, we'll keep making it for you.

Absolutely pathetic.

Self-destructive too. We could have learned something useful from Taiwan over how to deal with Covid-19. Instead we suck up to the Chinese Empire that gave the virus to the world.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #403 on: May 27, 2021, 01:57:28 pm »
Meanwhile, the Chinese dictatorship is using 'emotion recognition' software on Uighurs to detect "negative" emotions amongst those being interrogated.

You can't even despise these oppressive, totalitarian scum internally now.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57101248
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: May 27, 2021, 02:01:17 pm »

He models himself as a tough guy in the films and then shat his pants the second China got a bit offended.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #405 on: May 27, 2021, 02:05:44 pm »
He models himself as a tough guy in the films and then shat his pants the second China got a bit offended.

Stevie V had it right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o0rAvZtM7w

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #406 on: May 27, 2021, 04:50:23 pm »

He mostly stars in dumb CGI fest Hollywood blockbusters. They make money in China, he doesn't want to put his career on the line and offend the nationalistic hordes of China.

This is the state of affairs really. Most corporations will happily placate the Chinese government, turn a blind eye to the genocide and human rights abuses, as long as it allows them to make money in China. See NBA, Activision-Blizzard and countless other examples.

Another thing to note is that these brands often think of the Chinese market as some infinite money machine that just needs to be tapped. But it doesn't always work out that way due to piracy and trademark infringement being rampant in China, plus the spending power not being there. The government is also very protectionist. Only very few western brands actually are really able to tap into the Chinese market.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: June 3, 2021, 10:13:43 am »
In future Beijing should customise its approach to different regions, nations and audiences, Xi said. “We must pay attention to have the right tone. We are not only open, confident but also humble and modest. We strive to build a Chinese image that is credible, loveable and respectable.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/xi-jinping-plots-propaganda-war-to-make-china-loveable-bwmxmnlpr

Ahh, that's nice. Xi wants the Chinese Fascists to appear more lovable abroad so they can get on with their genocidal programme unhindered. Mass murder with a twinkle in your eye.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #408 on: June 4, 2021, 11:43:14 am »
hong kong tiananmen anniversary police crackdown (where have we heard that before) and pro-democracy activist chow hang tung arrested

originally 'banned' last year due to 'virus concerns' yeh right

hope people remember this when ordering off ebay and amazon

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online Shankly998

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: June 4, 2021, 01:57:20 pm »
In future Beijing should customise its approach to different regions, nations and audiences, Xi said. “We must pay attention to have the right tone. We are not only open, confident but also humble and modest. We strive to build a Chinese image that is credible, loveable and respectable.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/xi-jinping-plots-propaganda-war-to-make-china-loveable-bwmxmnlpr

Ahh, that's nice. Xi wants the Chinese Fascists to appear more lovable abroad so they can get on with their genocidal programme unhindered. Mass murder with a twinkle in your eye.

If they're going for lovable maybe they should play into Xi's striking resemblance to a beloved children's literary character  ;)

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: June 5, 2021, 10:43:38 am »
The Tiananmen square massacre never happened. That's what the happy Fascists in China want their own population to believe. Now they want the Hong Kong population to agree it never happened. The law has just been changed in HK to make it an offence to commemorate the thousands of dead democracy protestors murdered by the Chinese army. And now the Fascists are even telling us to change history and scrub Tiananmen from the historical memory.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/05/absolutely-intolerable-china-slams-us-and-eu-hong-kong-tiananmen-candles

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: June 5, 2021, 11:19:29 am »
Those pictures were taken off Microsoft’s search engine yesterday. Human error apparently. Yeah, ok.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: June 8, 2021, 11:16:03 am »
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1400444661232140292

This is vomit-inducing. Paid western hacks working for the Chinese Fascist propaganda machine spend a day in Xinjiang and explain how wonderful the food is, how lovely the people are, how vibrant the local culture is and how they have learned a couple of Uighur words.

Totalitarian regimes practising genocide on millions of the 'wrong type' of people have always learned to construct their Potemkin Villages and show the world not just how 'normal' life is in region they are ethnically cleansing, but how 'beautiful' and 'utopian' it is. But this is just sick. The delegates from the International Red Cross who were deceived by some clever stage-managing when they visited Theresienstadt concentration camp in 1943 were just stupid. These hacks are positively villainous. 

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 8, 2021, 02:34:19 pm »
https://twitter.com/ChinaDaily/status/1400444661232140292

This is vomit-inducing. Paid western hacks working for the Chinese Fascist propaganda machine spend a day in Xinjiang and explain how wonderful the food is, how lovely the people are, how vibrant the local culture is and how they have learned a couple of Uighur words.

Totalitarian regimes practising genocide on millions of the 'wrong type' of people have always learned to construct their Potemkin Villages and show the world not just how 'normal' life is in region they are ethnically cleansing, but how 'beautiful' and 'utopian' it is. But this is just sick. The delegates from the International Red Cross who were deceived by some clever stage-managing when they visited Theresienstadt concentration camp in 1943 were just stupid. These hacks are positively villainous.

Their propaganda is beyond stupidity.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: June 8, 2021, 05:19:42 pm »

I have been suggested this type of propaganda on Youtube recently. With no warnings or labels unlike on Twitter. Their propaganda is really bad but they try to play it off as some sort of organic vlogger video. In reality, its sponsored and organized by state media.

I doubt many would fall for it, but there was a fella on here in a different thread who posted a few weeks back that he believed that the genocide was a hoax because he had seen some western YouTubers show so. 

The real question you should ask is, would a contrary viewpoint even be allowed? What would happen to any Uygur who criticizes China in such a video? Would someone critical of China be even allowed to film and post a similar but critical video without consequences? Similar to North Korea the only voices that are allowed to be heard are the ones endorsed by CCP.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: June 8, 2021, 08:45:49 pm »
The Tiananmen square massacre never happened. That's what the happy Fascists in China want their own population to believe. Now they want the Hong Kong population to agree it never happened. The law has just been changed in HK to make it an offence to commemorate the thousands of dead democracy protestors murdered by the Chinese army. And now the Fascists are even telling us to change history and scrub Tiananmen from the historical memory.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jun/05/absolutely-intolerable-china-slams-us-and-eu-hong-kong-tiananmen-candles
A reply to the that Twitter thread included the following video. I've only viewed the first 17 minutes, but it looks like it might be interesting and informative.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a-kjSIqcGuA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a-kjSIqcGuA</a>
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 10:07:25 am by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: June 8, 2021, 08:47:01 pm »
A reply to the that Twitter thread included the following video. I've only viewed the first 17 minutes, but it looks like it could be interesting.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kjSIqcGuA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kjSIqcGuA</a>

Video unavailable. What was it?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: June 8, 2021, 08:50:43 pm »
I think it is just an Internet fart. But here's the direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-kjSIqcGuA

Edit: Odd. It is working with Edge, but not FF.
« Last Edit: June 8, 2021, 08:56:03 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: June 8, 2021, 09:01:18 pm »
I think it is just an Internet fart. But here's the direct link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-kjSIqcGuA

I wouldn't be surprised. The Chinese government is paying for positive content. And most Chinese people are strongly devoted to the idea of China as a nation. Neither of which I have a problem with. We (both users and the government) should just be aware that this may well be the case.

It doesn't mean that all positive content about China is what we regard as propaganda though. I have a liking for Li Ziqi's youtube channel, which is internationally regarded as one of the more positive media channels out there about Chinese culture. Although in her case she gets a lot of hate from Chinese users for being "fake".
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: June 9, 2021, 08:24:00 am »
I wouldn't be surprised. The Chinese government is paying for positive content. And most Chinese people are strongly devoted to the idea of China as a nation. Neither of which I have a problem with. We (both users and the government) should just be aware that this may well be the case.

It doesn't mean that all positive content about China is what we regard as propaganda though. I have a liking for Li Ziqi's youtube channel, which is internationally regarded as one of the more positive media channels out there about Chinese culture. Although in her case she gets a lot of hate from Chinese users for being "fake".

Not sure if harvesting berries and flowers can be classified as Chinese culture.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: June 9, 2021, 10:12:59 am »
It seems that I made an editing error in the original post (corrected) - the video now plays. And in my followup post where I posted the correct URL, coincidentally, it appears there was a problem at Youtube.

Anyway, all fine now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a-kjSIqcGuA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a-kjSIqcGuA</a>

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: June 9, 2021, 10:23:30 am »
It seems that I made an editing error in the original post (corrected) - the video now plays. And in my followup post where I posted the correct URL, coincidentally, it appears there was a problem at Youtube.

Anyway, all fine now.

Thanks for posting that JC. I did see a fair bit of it. It's interesting - if a bit laboured. He was very shrewd on the motives behind the "useful idiots" from the West who perform for Chinese Fascism. It was also interesting to see how quickly their praise for China turns into no-holds barred criticism of the West. That reflex is well known, not least on these kinds of pages on RAWK.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: June 9, 2021, 10:42:42 am »

I saw something today which is incredibly insignificant which I have seen bits of the story through Twitter and discord, which just shows the incredible insecurity and pettiness of the Chinese government.

In Japan there has a recent trend of VTubers, essentially YouTube streamers, usually young women, with a virtual anime girl icon instead of a person. It's got somewhat minor success beyond Japan, with some expansion with foreign language streamers, including Chinese. As you can note, something incredibly insignificant to entertain kids and teenagers/young adults, and not even mainstream.

One of these Japanese streamers showed an analytical screen to show where here viewers were from. This screen happened to say the word "Taiwan". She didn't mention or acknowledge it, it was just on screen briefly.

For this the Chinese government banned the entire company from being shown in China, had all the Chinese cast quit, put pressure on the company to have this streamer suspended for 3 weeks, and for a year since had spam bots harass her on every stream no stop until she quit.

Literally the most insignificant moment that could occur, with something which matters so little, with the tinniest slither of a banned term in China by someone who is not a Chinese national, and the response is pull the plug on it all and bully the individual to quiting.

It is so remarkably petty and small for a country which is so remarkably powerful.

This is something that doesn't even matter to anyone's daily life, and yet the Chinese government feel the need bully those outside their boarders into their world view, from large scale Movie stars to tiny scale YouTube stars.

That's not even to touch on what happens within their boarders which is just quite obviously fascism
« Last Edit: June 9, 2021, 10:46:03 am by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #423 on: June 9, 2021, 02:03:47 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/v/a-kjSIqcGuA

Quite informative video actually.

This guy makes informative videos about the reality of the stuff that happens there.

Thanks for this mate!

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: June 9, 2021, 08:00:02 pm »
Thanks for posting that JC. I did see a fair bit of it. It's interesting - if a bit laboured. He was very shrewd on the motives behind the "useful idiots" from the West who perform for Chinese Fascism. It was also interesting to see how quickly their praise for China turns into no-holds barred criticism of the West. That reflex is well known, not least on these kinds of pages on RAWK.
Yep. It is laboured. But I like the guy. I had to watch it in three or four chunks - just finished! ::) But don't let that put off anyone from watching it. :)
Quite informative video actually.

This guy makes informative videos about the reality of the stuff that happens there.

Thanks for this mate!
Glad you liked it. I had not viewed his channel before, or all of this video at the time, so was unsure what it would be like myself.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #425 on: June 10, 2021, 07:52:16 pm »
Are we allowed to discuss the Covid 19 lab leak here?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: June 10, 2021, 07:54:44 pm »
Are we allowed to discuss the Covid 19 lab leak here?

Yes, why not?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: June 10, 2021, 08:07:09 pm »
Yes, why not?

Because at one point the accidental lab leak theory was kind of considered conspiracy theory territory and rightly this forum generally doesn’t tolerate conspiracy theories, although it recently seems to have become a slightly more mainstream idea.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #428 on: June 10, 2021, 08:34:12 pm »
Because at one point the accidental lab leak theory was kind of considered conspiracy theory territory and rightly this forum generally doesn’t tolerate conspiracy theories, although it recently seems to have become a slightly more mainstream idea.
It does seem to have become mentionable doesn't it, and it seems to be coming from the scientific community mainly.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: June 10, 2021, 09:02:42 pm »
It does seem to have become mentionable doesn't it, and it seems to be coming from the scientific community mainly.

A lot of it was Trump being the boy who cried Wolf I suspect, he made an awful lot of outlandish claims and never had much love for China so I suspect because he was saying it a lot of people understandably tuned it out until now the Biden administration has stared making similar sounds.

I have a decent layman’s understanding of science but most of this goes well above my head so I can’t comment too much on that, but what I do know is a viral outbreak of a virus that closely resembles bat viruses in a city that has a research institute that reaches bat viruses seems like one hell of a coincidence, and I trust the CCP and Chinese government as far as I can throw them and would put absolutely nothing past them either.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: June 11, 2021, 09:06:25 am »
A lot of it was Trump being the boy who cried Wolf I suspect, he made an awful lot of outlandish claims and never had much love for China so I suspect because he was saying it a lot of people understandably tuned it out until now the Biden administration has stared making similar sounds.

I have a decent layman’s understanding of science but most of this goes well above my head so I can’t comment too much on that, but what I do know is a viral outbreak of a virus that closely resembles bat viruses in a city that has a research institute that reaches bat viruses seems like one hell of a coincidence, and I trust the CCP and Chinese government as far as I can throw them and would put absolutely nothing past them either.

if that's what you think about your own understanding of the subject then it's not the best way to begin the discussion

if the 'virus lab escape' is a valid theory then it needs to be backed up - and not just with speculation

otherwise we could all just throw our theories onto the pile

i'm not saying that that didn't happen but as I can't back up my claim then it's pretty redundant without evidence and only hearsay

'we think' etc is not enough
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #431 on: June 11, 2021, 09:22:28 am »
if the 'virus lab escape' is a valid theory then it needs to be backed up - and not just with speculation

But it cannot be verified. Due to the circumstances as indicated by the name of this thread.

And anyone who tries that, mysteriously disappears off the face of earth. Or if any nation supports funding that research, get chasticised by the Chinese CCP.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: June 11, 2021, 10:09:59 am »
Personally I'll stick to the theory that it came from wet market with exotic animals.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #433 on: June 11, 2021, 10:11:37 am »
I'm sticking with the theory that 'I don't know'.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: June 11, 2021, 10:55:05 am »
I'm sticking with the theory that 'I don't know'.

Me too. But I'm certainly interested to follow the discussion and believe we might find out.

That's why I think this comment is a bit unfair to WLR:

if that's what you think about your own understanding of the subject then it's not the best way to begin the discussion

otherwise we could all just throw our theories onto the pile

i'm not saying that that didn't happen but as I can't back up my claim then it's pretty redundant without evidence and only hearsay

'we think' etc is not enough

It seems a perfectly good way to begin a discussion. An open mind, no obvious sign of credulity, a perfectly acceptable sense that some experts are now taking the thing seriously and therefore we should, and an apparent willingness to judge the results on the only terms we, as non-scientists, have - the terms of a 'layman'. 

One thing about the Chinese regime that we know for sure. If the virus was accidentally leaked from a lab (no one sensible is saying it was deliberately leaked) the responsible authorities would never admit it. Chinese Fascism did not get where it is today by being honest. This will make it very difficult for independent scientists to establish the truth about what happened. But perhaps not impossible.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: June 11, 2021, 11:42:12 am »
But it cannot be verified. Due to the circumstances as indicated by the name of this thread.

And anyone who tries that, mysteriously disappears off the face of earth. Or if any nation supports funding that research, get chasticised by the Chinese CCP.

Completely correct, and the truth is from what I have read there’s gaps in any theory as the origins of the virus. We still don’t know for example which species the virus jumped from to humans for example as part of a natural origin assumption. Even with much smaller virus outbreaks in the not too distant past the species the virus had jumped from was worked out pretty quickly, 18 months on and we still don’t know that.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: June 11, 2021, 12:16:05 pm »
no offence meant to west london red

but the conclusion from the last few posts?

again - all speculation

and if you're going to speculate then what are your sources?

so fair enough if we want to 'guess' then i'll go with aliens

and of course we can't trust china - but can we trust america? can we trust our own government?

who really are playing us all?

when more evidence comes forward (but by whom?) then it might prick my interest but i'll leave you guys to ponder  :wave

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: June 11, 2021, 12:19:33 pm »
If there is something to it, it is an example of the stopped clock proverb/analogy in action. Of course, the scatter-gun conspiracy theorists will latch onto any such example and ignore the 10,000, other, nonsense theories they launched, also without supporting evidence.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 12:23:18 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: June 11, 2021, 12:34:06 pm »
no offence meant to west london red

but the conclusion from the last few posts?

again - all speculation

and if you're going to speculate then what are your sources?

so fair enough if we want to 'guess' then i'll go with aliens

and of course we can't trust china - but can we trust america? can we trust our own government?

who really are playing us all?

when more evidence comes forward (but by whom?) then it might prick my interest but i'll leave you guys to ponder  :wave
The discussion has been one of generalities, based upon many media reports and growing speculation within the (respectable) scientific and intelligence communities. Are you unaware of this? If so, fine:

https://theconversation.com/origins-of-sars-cov-2-why-the-lab-leak-idea-is-being-considered-again-161947

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-covid-19-lab-leak-hypothesis

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/covid-origins-probe-should-focus-lab-leak-theory-analysts-say

In you are aware of the media reports and growing questions amongst the scientific community, I am unsure of the point you are trying to make here.

I am not stating that SARS-CoV-2 came from a lab in Wuhan. But there is growing speculation around this being a real possibility. This is what has been discussed here.

Offline liverbloke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: June 11, 2021, 12:40:32 pm »
The discussion has been one of generalities, based upon many media reports and growing speculation within the (respectable) scientific and intelligence communities. Are you unaware of this? If so, fine:

https://theconversation.com/origins-of-sars-cov-2-why-the-lab-leak-idea-is-being-considered-again-161947

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-covid-19-lab-leak-hypothesis

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/covid-origins-probe-should-focus-lab-leak-theory-analysts-say

In you are aware of the media reports and growing questions amongst the scientific community, I am unsure of the point you are trying to make here.

I am not stating that SARS-CoV-2 came from a lab in Wuhan. But there is growing speculation around this being a real possibility. This is what has been discussed here.

your links include the words hypothesis and theory - well that's real evidence then

then you have an argument with yourself at the end of your post