Author Topic: Lifesaving HIV drug increased in price by 5000% for no reason  (Read 17614 times)

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lifesaving HIV drug increased in price by 5000% for no reason
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2015, 07:52:42 am »
Hasn't he offered it to those that can't afford it for free?

After he got lampooned in the press. The guy is a grade-A wanker in the tradition of many of the big bosses in the pharma industry that use the genuine fact that medical research is extremely expensive to do lots of price-gouging, patent evergreening etc.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 08:01:14 am »
I heard on a JRE podcast that scientists discovered a snail or frog somewhere in the amazon who's poison was 10x more powerful than paracetamol, but without the addictivness. Allegedly people form some pharmaceutical went in and literally killed as many of them as they could find. No idea if it was true but wouldn't surprise me.

It is true that there are snail and frog-derived molecules that can be as much as 1000 times as potent as morphine let alone paracetamol in certain, tests, but the whole shebang about pharmaceuticals going in and killing these animals are absolutely untrue and people continue to research these venoms in many universities and pharmaceutical companies around the world to date. There are many technical challenges associated with these molecules that prevents their use as painkillers currently. And  many scientists are currently working on those challenges. 

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 12:02:33 pm »
Guy is a bit of a douche in general by the looks of this article

http://www.mic.com/articles/125650/martin-shkreli-turing-pharmaceuticals-daraprim?utm_source=policymicFB&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=WHFacebook&ts_pid=2

I wonder if he'd come in for this criticism if he'd hiked it to say fifty bucks?  Or a hundred?  As things stand he could "drop" the price to a hundred - which is still ridiculous - but likely make most critics go away and him and his backers could still turn a reasonable profit.  The sheer greed of a 5000% mark up though... it's like a pantomime villain.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2015, 09:17:45 pm »
his cause isn't helped by the fact that he even looks like a slimy fucking worm

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2015, 09:20:27 am »
Will laugh my arse off if this comes to pass!  I'd heard Bernie Sanders had knocked back an attempt to donate to his campaign but the rest of this is just sweet!  ;D

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/10/22/pharma-bro-about-to-lose-his-shirt-as-rival-makes-1-alternative-to-his-750-ripoff/

Turing Pharmaceuticals CEO Martin Shkreli, dubbed “Pharma Bro” by the internet, may have landed himself in a world of sh*t. When his company purchased the drug Daraprim, a 60-year-old generic that was selling for a mere $13.50 per pill, he made an immediate name for himself by upping the price 5000 percent.

His excuse has been that his company was going to come up with a better way to treat the ailment the drug cures, toxoplasmosis, with fewer side effects, He says the increase in price is for research and development. The pill is used widely by AIDS patients, many of whom won’t have access to it anymore, to fight critical infections.

While Shkreli has said he would lower the price, he hasn’t. He has instead engaged in dirty politics, trying to buy time with Bernie Sanders and childish Twitter wars that only serve to make him look stupid. Unfortunately, while Pharma Bro has been taking up space in front of cameras and posturing himself as an internet tough guy, a rival company has come up with an alternative drug to shatter Shkreli’s hopes and dreams.

Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, making no bones about why they created an alternative to Daraprim that will cost just under one dollar per pill, released this statement on their website:

Last month, Turing Pharmaceuticals LLC, the sole supplier of Daraprim,increased the price of this prescription drug from $13.50 per tablet to a reported $750.00 per tablet.  The FDA-approved label for Daraprim indicates that it is prescribed for toxoplasmosis and other types of infections.  Toxoplasmosis can be of major concern for patients with weakened immune systems such as patients with HIV/AIDS, pregnant women and children.  According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, pyrimethamine works to block folic acid synthesis in the parasite T. gondii, the cause of toxoplasmosis, and leucovorin helps to reverse the negative effects on bone marrow caused by this mechanism of action.

Imprimis is now offering customizable compounded formulations of pyrimethamine and leucovorin in oral capsules starting as low as $99.00 for a 100 count bottle, or at a cost of under a dollar per capsule.  Compounded medications may be appropriate for prescription when a commercially-available medicine does not meet the specific needs of a patient. For ordering information, please visit www.imprimiscares.com.

Basically what just happened is Martin Shkreli just took the pharmaceutical and business world equivalent to a 92 mile-per-hour fastball to the nuggets. His $750 per pill exclusive just became the second choice of consumers by $749.

Popcorn's Art

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2015, 09:43:21 am »
Will laugh my arse off if this comes to pass! 

Karma.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2015, 01:15:13 pm »
Fantastic!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2015, 05:18:12 pm »
The CEO who raised the price of his Aids and cancer treatment drug overnight from $13.50 a pill to $750 a pill now has a competitor, and they are offering the same drug for $1.

US Uncut reports that when reaching out to Martin Shkreli for comment, his only response was:

"lol."

Popcorn's Art

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2015, 05:24:59 pm »
We mustn't mess with the Adam Smith's free hand. Free markets are the best way to concentrate wealth where it truly belongs, the top. Just look at the economic data in the UK and USA for this period. Get them buckets ready when it all starts trickling down...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline bam09

• Brexiteer who lives in Canada. Is alright Jack...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2015, 09:24:34 pm »
We mustn't mess with the Adam Smith's free hand. Free markets are the best way to concentrate wealth where it truly belongs, the top. Just look at the economic data in the UK and USA for this period. Get them buckets ready when it all starts trickling down...

It's Adam Smith's free hand that lead to the creation of the $1/pill competitor.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2015, 09:40:21 pm »
It's Adam Smith's free hand that lead to the creation of the $1/pill competitor.
My bad, did not read the new development. I presume there will be a legal challenge regarding 'patents'. An anti free-market tool that we take as natural. On this issue, a true free market would be beneficial, in many other areas it merely enriches the elite.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:42:09 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2015, 12:21:44 am »
My bad, did not read the new development. I presume there will be a legal challenge regarding 'patents'. An anti free-market tool that we take as natural. On this issue, a true free market would be beneficial, in many other areas it merely enriches the elite.

The patent expired decades ago on this one. If this new competitor is real and the $1 pill is real, that' great. Call me cynical, but I think it's a PR stunt and the price will increase to whatever it was a while ago ($7-8) eventually, perhaps even increasing slightly more. But it won't get to the $750 and patients won't be gouged by some dudebro wanker.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2015, 12:31:53 pm »
Fantastic news if all true, nice to see him get what he deserves, sod all.
 Bit confused with the drug company using the word created a new drug rather than just saying we have every right to use the generic formula which has already passed all safety regulations. wouldn't this new pill have to go through testing before being allowed on the market. anyway, fact it's not mentioned in the article means they must be allowed to do it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:33:39 pm by oldfordie »
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2015, 12:47:44 pm »
Fantastic news if all true, nice to see him get what he deserves, sod all.
 Bit confused with the drug company using the word created a new drug rather than just saying we have every right to use the generic formula which has already passed all safety regulations. wouldn't this new pill have to go through testing before being allowed on the market. anyway, fact it's not mentioned in the article means they must be allowed to do it.

The new drug is not exactly the same as the one marked up, although it does contain pyrimethemine, which what Daraprime is, it also contains leucovorin. It doesn't need FDA approval, because both drugs are already approved.

There's a better explanation here:
http://news.groopspeak.com/pharma-bro-company-now-worthless-as-new-competitors-offer-same-drug-for-1/
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2015, 01:41:39 pm »
Thanks, Knew it had to be some think like that. drug designed for cancer use already on the market but has the same compound as Daraprim.
 So much for the take it or leave it $750 price tag. errr we'll leave ta. :)
Chris Bryant

It feels as if the major from Fawlty Towers has taken over the Tory campaign.
10:42 PM · May 25, 2024
·

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2015, 02:21:27 pm »
The provider describes it as a "customizable compounded formulation", which to my mind suggests this new drug is mixed in such a way that it is just different enough not to infringe Pharma Bro's ownership of Daraprime.

I'd like to think the company in question is acting out of a sense of morality.  My instinct tells me though that they're using this as an opportunity to kick a competitor in the bollocks and score some good PR for themselves. 

In either case, even if this alternative eventually returns to the original price of $13.50 per pill we have to be grateful that a lot of sick people wont needlessly suffer because of some asshat's off the chart greed.

Interestingly, this article states the two drugs are virtually identical, "but Imprimis’ version contains leucovorin, a drug used to help cancer patients in chemotherapy."  It also says Martin Shkreli paid $55m for Daraprim.  I hope that's true!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 02:43:35 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 02:56:18 pm »
(FULL TEXT FOR LINK POSTED EARLIER)

http://news.groopspeak.com/pharma-bro-company-now-worthless-as-new-competitors-offer-same-drug-for-1/

Martin ‘Pharma Boy’ Shkreli just got a lesson in the free market

The pharmaceutical company Martin Shkreli purchased for $55 million is now virtually worthless after competitors moved in and taught him a lesson in free market capitalism.

Imprimis Pharmaceuticals, based in San Diego, created their own generic version of pyrimethamine, which Turing Pharmaceuticals, Shkreli’s company, was marketing under the name Daraprim. Shkreli raised the price of Daraprim from $13.50 per capsule to $750 per capsule after taking ownership of the patent in order to price-gouge those in need of the drug because it was the only one of its kind on the market in the U.S. at the time. Imprimis will be selling their generic version for only $1 per capsule.

The CEO of Imprimis, Mark Baum, plans on taking on other sole-supplier drug companies with jacked up prices on in the future. Baum explained in a statement:

“This is not the first time a sole supply generic drug – especially one that has been approved for use as long as Daraprim – has had its price increased suddenly and to a level that may make it unaffordable.  In response to this recent case and others that we will soon identify, Imprimis is forming a new program called Imprimis Cares which is aligned to our corporate mission of making novel and customizable medicines available to physicians and patients today at accessible prices.

“Today, some drug prices are simply out of control and we believe we may be able to help control costs by offering compounded alternatives to several sole source legacy generic drugs. Imprimis Cares and its team of compounding pharmacists will work with physicians and their patients to ensure they have affordable access to the medicines they need from the over 7,800 generic FDA-approved drugs.  Imprimis Cares, available in all 50 states, will work with all third party insurers, pharmacy benefit managers and buying groups to offer its patient specific customizable compounded drug formulations at prices that ensure accessibility and that provide a reasonable profit for Imprimis.  We are here to serve our patients and their physicians.  We believe that when we do a great job serving our customers, our shareholders will also benefit.”

Baum explained in an interview that other drug companies have raised the prices on the drugs immensely in the past but that Turing had raised the price of their drug to a “previously unheard-of level.”

Shkreli raised the price of Daraprim over 5000 percent of its normal cost, and while he claimed it was for research and development for newer, better drugs those in the pharmaceutical industry say that’s bogus.

Joe Panetta, CEO of Biocom, the San Diego-based life science trade group says Turing’s actions are “counterproductive”:

“There was no justification for it other than profit.

“If they were truly recovering the cost of research or investing in new, innovative drugs, you could begin to justify the increase in cost.”

Effectively, Turing’s monopoly on a drug used to treat toxoplasmosis in cancer and HIV positive patients has been overturned, and doctors can now start prescribing the affordable version offered by Imprimis. The two drugs are virtually identical, but Imprimis’ version contains leucovorin, a drug used to help cancer patients in chemotherapy.

Imprimis’ version of the drug is not FDA-approved however, which would take millions of dollars and several years to get approval. Instead, since both drugs in their compound are FDA-approved, the drug can be prescribed by a doctor to an individual patient who can then purchase the drug through Imprimis’ website. Not the most streamlined process, but it sure as hell beats getting turned down by your insurance company or paying thousands of dollars for one single medication.

As for Shkreli’s multi-million dollar company becoming worthless, he get’s the old Nelson ha-HA!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2015, 03:13:59 pm »

Popcorn's Art

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2015, 07:39:17 am »
Martin Shkreli: Pharmaceutical company owned by 'most hated man on the internet' reports $15 million loss

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/martin-shkreli-turing-pharmaceuticals-most-hated-man-on-the-internet-reports-15-million-loss-a6740686.html

Karma baby
« Last Edit: November 20, 2015, 07:43:52 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2015, 01:59:46 pm »
Turing CEO Martin Shkreli arrested in securities fraud probe

Martin Shkreli, a lightning rod for growing outrage over soaring prescription drug prices, was arrested by the FBI on Thursday after a federal investigation involving his former hedge fund and a pharmaceutical company he previously headed.

The securities fraud probe of Shkreli, who is now chief executive officer of Turing Pharmaceuticals and KaloBios Pharmaceuticals Inc, stems from his time as manager of hedge fund MSMB Capital Management and CEO of biopharmaceutical company Retrophin Inc, a person familiar with the matter said.

He is expected to be named in an indictment in federal court in Brooklyn, New York, along with Evan Greebel, who was Retrophin's outside counsel while he was a partner at law firm Katten Muchin Rosenmann, prosecutors said.

Brooklyn U.S. Attorney Robert Capers is scheduled to hold a press conference with officials from the Federal Bureau of Investigation and U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission at noon EST (1700 GMT) to announce the charges, his office said.

Reuters witnessed Shkreli's arrest at the Murray Hill Tower Apartments in midtown Manhattan. Law enforcement including Federal Bureau of Investigation agents could be seen escorting Shkreli, who was wearing a hoodie, into a car.

FBI spokeswoman Kelly Langmesser confirmed the arrests of Shkreli and Greebel.

Shares of KaloBios were down 53 percent at $11.03 in the premarket. Retrophin fell 6 percent to $20.02.

Turing and KaloBios declined to comment. Lawyers for Retrophin and Shkreli did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Efforts to reach Greebel were not immediately successful, and a lawyer could not be immediately identified.

A privately held startup, Turing sparked controversy earlier this year after news reports that it had raised the price of Daraprim, a 62-year-old treatment for a dangerous parasitic infection, to $750 a tablet from $13.50 after acquiring it.

Shkreli, 32, was expected to be charged on Thursday for illegally using Retrophin assets to pay off debts after MSMB lost millions of dollars, the source said.

The probe, by federal prosecutors in Brooklyn, dates back to at least January when Retrophin said it received a subpoena from prosecutors seeking information about its relationship with Shkreli.

That subpoena also sought information about individuals or entities that had invested in funds previously managed by Shkreli, Retrophin said in a regulatory filing.

MSMB Capital Management was founded in 2009, and Shkreli announced its closure in 2012. Retrophin was founded in 2012, and Shkreli was its CEO until the company fired him in September 2014.

Retrophin in August sued Shkreli in federal court in Manhattan for $65 million, claiming he had used his control over Retrophin to enrich himself and pay off claims of investors in MSMB, which he had also defrauded.

Shkreli has denied the allegations.

At least two separate Congressional probes have been launched since September on the pricing issues of Daraprim, which had long been available as a generic drug used to treat toxoplasmosis in AIDS patients. Turing is under investigation by the New York state attorney general for antitrust concerns.

At a Senate hearing on drug pricing last week, a doctor who treats babies with life-threatening toxoplasmosis testified that a course of treatment with Daraprim went from about $1,200 to no less than $69,000.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-crime-shkreli-idUSKBN0U01IM20151217?
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2015, 02:02:50 pm »
Merry Christmas c*nt.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2015, 02:24:54 pm »
Merry Christmas c*nt.

I keep reading this guy's name as 'Martin Skrtel' and get taken aback at the level of hostility and think 'well, he's had a few bad performances recently..' before going 'Oh, that guy. Fuck him'
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2015, 03:18:06 pm »
Guess he won't be getting to enjoy that $2 million Wu-Tang Clan album anytime soon

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2015, 06:28:36 pm »
Just came in here to post about this.  ;D 8)

You can't escape the feeling that what he did royally pissed off the wrong people, who have been working diligently all year to nail this asshole to the wall.

Can't help but wonder how much of what he did - what any of them do - is widely known, but no action is taken at all.  Until they act like a colossal c*nt. 
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 06:33:40 pm by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2015, 09:50:09 pm »
Just came in here to post about this.  ;D 8)

You can't escape the feeling that what he did royally pissed off the wrong people, who have been working diligently all year to nail this asshole to the wall.

Can't help but wonder how much of what he did - what any of them do - is widely known, but no action is taken at all.  Until they act like a colossal c*nt.

Far as I can see, he's just your typical sociopath, prepared to do anything for self-advancement and completely amazed that anyone has a problem with it. Parliament is half full of the fuckers, tragically. People like that will often take stupid risks because they fail to realise quite how much others will want to see them fall. It's not personal to him, so he won't understand at all why it would be to anybody else. This will no doubt look to him like some huge and unreasonable vendetta, and he'll probably put it down to jealousy, as that is one emotion he can at least identify and relate to.

He's not really evil, any more than cancer is evil, or AIDS is evil. He's just the product of some fucked up DNA, or warped upbringing that didn't manage to create all the right switches in his brain to help him relate to others properly.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2015, 10:39:46 pm »
Guess he won't be getting to enjoy that $2 million Wu-Tang Clan album anytime soon

@NewYorkFBI 
#Breaking no seizure warrant at the arrest of Martin Shkreli today, which means we didn't seize the Wu-Tang Clan album.

‏@dbernstein 
You people don't think Loretta Lynch is listening to the Wu-Tang album right now??? WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

;D
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 11:21:55 pm »
Far as I can see, he's just your typical sociopath, prepared to do anything for self-advancement and completely amazed that anyone has a problem with it. Parliament is half full of the fuckers, tragically. People like that will often take stupid risks because they fail to realise quite how much others will want to see them fall. It's not personal to him, so he won't understand at all why it would be to anybody else. This will no doubt look to him like some huge and unreasonable vendetta, and he'll probably put it down to jealousy, as that is one emotion he can at least identify and relate to.

He's not really evil, any more than cancer is evil, or AIDS is evil. He's just the product of some fucked up DNA, or warped upbringing that didn't manage to create all the right switches in his brain to help him relate to others properly.

That's a really good post. You're right. It's also a product of the American economic system, which seems to encourage that sort of behaviour. And while you're absolutely right about politicians being like that too, I think these guys are even worse because politicians know that they have to be voted in and can pretend to care about the rest of us and in some cases are forced to temper those particular traits.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2015, 06:16:59 pm »
Now he's been sacked, probably by "mutual agreement"

Offline momo22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2015, 11:04:07 pm »

He was using it as a drinks coaster the other day.
Now you think Ronald McDonald gonna go down to the basement and say, "Hey Mr. Nugget - you the bomb. We sellin' chicken faster than you can tear the bone out. So I'm gonna write my clowney ass name on this fat-ass cheque for you."

Offline Dowling10

• Busted
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scousers rule the country.
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2015, 11:41:27 pm »

Interesting point. Is anyone truly ever evil then?

Someone batters a man after a road rage incident, is he a scumbag? Or is it simply an anger management issue that he cannot control?

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2015, 10:10:05 am »
Now he's been sacked, probably by "mutual agreement"

"Resigned." ie, jumped before pushed. ;D

http://news.sky.com/story/1608637/reviled-pharma-ceo-resigns-after-fraud-charge

Is he Mourhino in disguise?

PS: loved this FB comment!

I'm not saying listening to rap music makes you a criminal, but...100% of the people who bought the last Wu-Tang album have been arrested.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 10:40:25 am by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2015, 06:10:20 pm »
Interesting point. Is anyone truly ever evil then?

Someone batters a man after a road rage incident, is he a scumbag? Or is it simply an anger management issue that he cannot control?

It ties into how much you are prepared to believe in free will. It's far from clear whether that actually exists. If it doesn't, then evil as we generally understand it is not really possible. None of which means that people like Shkreli or your road rage nutter should be allowed to prey on others as the mood takes them, of course, but yes, it does raise questions about morality, crime and punishment.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2015, 11:49:17 pm »
It ties into how much you are prepared to believe in free will. It's far from clear whether that actually exists. If it doesn't, then evil as we generally understand it is not really possible. None of which means that people like Shkreli or your road rage nutter should be allowed to prey on others as the mood takes them, of course, but yes, it does raise questions about morality, crime and punishment.

The free will debate is for another day, but I don't think there is indeed such a thing as 'evil' certainly in the it's commonly understood. This is why I get fucked off a bit when people come out with grandiose statements defending guns or something like that with their whole, some people are good and others are evil spiel. It's nonsense. As you say, Skhreli probably doesn't understand why what he did was wrong as long as it was legal. That isn't to say he doesn't recognise the shitstorm, but any statement he put out about not raising the drug prices before reneging on it wasn't some awakening of his previously asleep morality, it was just a reaction, one that he probably couldn't understand, to widespread protests at his price hike.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 20, 2015, 09:56:40 am »
At one point he suggested he might lower it, then later said he wished he'd marked it up higher.  The man's a complete troll.

He doesn't have the same sense of morality as us regular people; he doesn't realise that just because there's no law against it doesn't make it right to do.  It's fuckers like these who are the reason we end up with about 10 million laws - because somebody will ALWAYS look for a loophole to exploit.

He got off on the moral outrage he sparked, and because like any troll he thinks he's untouchable (either through anonymity or simply through money and status) he went out of his way to antagonise people further.  He developed an "anti-celebrity" status which he revelled in.

As I said, there's little doubt in my mind somebody in authority saw him acting like a complete dickhead and thought to himself, "somebody like that must have done something dodgy along the way", and figured bringing him down would not only score them some brownie points with the boss and the missus, but at the same time it would make a lot of people happy AND be rendering a service to the human race at large.

Popcorn's Art

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 20, 2015, 09:58:24 am »
I become incensed everytime I hear/see this guy, he makes my skin crawl the scumbag.
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 21, 2015, 08:55:19 am »
Sounds like someone at the FBI has just asked around the office if someone has a family member that's been impacted by this guys price gouging and said go apeshit on finding anything on him. All our resources are at your disposal.

Karma baby, karma.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 21, 2015, 01:13:33 pm »
Looks like he probably had his twitter hacked too, maybe Jamie Vardy had a hand in it:

When you fuck with the world, the world fucks back
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #79 on: December 21, 2015, 02:46:20 pm »

As I said, there's little doubt in my mind somebody in authority saw him acting like a complete dickhead and thought to himself, "somebody like that must have done something dodgy along the way", and figured bringing him down would not only score them some brownie points with the boss and the missus, but at the same time it would make a lot of people happy AND be rendering a service to the human race at large.

The stories of him having done something dodgy at his last venture (which is why he's been arested) pre-date his buying of the company who prduced the drug which helped people with AIDS.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.