Author Topic: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!  (Read 154660 times)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The corruption fallacy - they’re all out to get us!
« Reply #4400 on: Yesterday at 05:38:36 pm »
Funny how those who keep arguing it's not bias or corruption couldn't find an excuse for this one
You literally said yesterday that it's not corruption

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4401 on: Yesterday at 05:39:47 pm »
Taylor wasnt having LFC scoring any quick witted shit on his watch. Does anyone believe that Divoks Barca goal wouldve stood with PGMOL in charge?

Given Diaz's goal wasn't allowed to stand then probably no.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #4402 on: Yesterday at 05:47:07 pm »
I will ask again.

I will ask again.

The million pound question for me is whether you think Taylor deliberately denying Liverpool a goal scoring opportunity was bias. I mean Taylor did absolutely nothing wrong. He indicated to the keeper to play on. He wasn't covering up his own mistake when he cheated and told Areola to go to ground.

So was it an act of affection to Areola or was it just his bias coming to the fore and he didn't want Liverpool to score from a mistake. Furthermore if Ali had done the same thing do you think he would have blown his whistle told our physios to come on and told Ali to go to ground.

Are you mad? He did everything wrong. Rank incompetence followed by an astonishing decision to cover up his mistake by asking the goalie to hit the floor. Would he have done the same with Alisson? We'll never ever know. But I'd have thought probably.

It's a boring question though since neither of us can know the answer and there is no evidence either that will clinch it.

Let me ask you a question about the Gabriel hand ball now. Was the referee biased towards Arsenal or was that just incompetence?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4403 on: Yesterday at 05:47:44 pm »
You literally said yesterday that it's not corruption

Maybe he's including himself in that statement.  :D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4404 on: Yesterday at 06:50:15 pm »
Are you mad? He did everything wrong. Rank incompetence followed by an astonishing decision to cover up his mistake by asking the goalie to hit the floor. Would he have done the same with Alisson? We'll never ever know. But I'd have thought probably.

It's a boring question though since neither of us can know the answer and there is no evidence either that will clinch it.

Let me ask you a question about the Gabriel hand ball now. Was the referee biased towards Arsenal or was that just incompetence?

No Areola made the mistake not Taylor. Areola had a brain fart and thought he had been awarded a free kick. Taylor did not blow his whistle to cover up a mistake he had made. He saw Gakpo bearing down on goal and then blew his whistle.

As for the Gabriel it is far more nuanced. Players regularly give the ball to a team mate at restarts. A good example is when a player looks to take a quick throw in and then decides to throw it under arm to the regular throw in taker. By the letter of the law you could deem that action a foul throw.

I think Nyberg made a poor decision but it is far less straight forward than a player awarding himself a free kick.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #4405 on: Yesterday at 07:04:47 pm »
I recorded MOTD just to see what got said. Pearce glossed over in comms, saying Taylor knew Areola was injured. Lineker, Shearer and Wright, especially Wright, had a right go about it and they highlighted that Taylor called for the physios and the physios had absolutely no idea that Areola was injured. They actually said he (Taylor) is telling Areola to go down to cover his mistake.

The big issue is that its not getting proper coverage. MOTD has an average viewer figure of 4 million and is only available in the UK, the BBC website gets over 1 billion visits a month and says fuck all about it, while yapping on about the Mo/Klopp tiff

We are covered differently from other teams. Klopp has done an amazing job of keeping he nose clean and giving the media nothing to cling on to an make a fuss about. The moment any type of controversy come round and they are on it like a rat up a drain pipe. A spat between a player and manager at another team get zero coverage.

If it was Liverpool facing 115 charges, it would be all over the news. It would be used to generate the column inches you'd expect a massive story like this to do.

On to referring. We've been royally shafted this season to the point we've been effectively taken out of the title race. Massive decisions in big games has gone against us time and time again. Spurs, Man City and Arsenal decisions were all massive and all went against us. It sticks to high heaven.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 07:07:01 pm by kasperoff »
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a Ł1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4406 on: Yesterday at 07:11:18 pm »
Maybe he's including himself in that statement.  :D
We all have these internal wranglings from time to time ;D

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4407 on: Yesterday at 07:58:59 pm »
No Areola made the mistake not Taylor. Areola had a brain fart and thought he had been awarded a free kick. Taylor did not blow his whistle to cover up a mistake he had made. He saw Gakpo bearing down on goal and then blew his whistle.

I think Taylor turned around a saw what looked like the keeper taking a freekick, and Gakpo approaching. He blew his whistle, and after that realised he hadn't actually given a freekick and had now fucked up. Thats when he remembered the keeper had hurt his foot when he caught the ball, so he decided he'd cover up his fuckup by pretending the keeper needed medical attention.

To be honest, I don't think it has anything to do with Liverpool, I think he's just a shite ref who is way too much up his own arse, so he'd never even consider admitting his own mistakes.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #4408 on: Yesterday at 08:44:27 pm »
I think Nyberg made a poor decision but it is far less straight forward than a player awarding himself a free kick.

Is it though? Raya clearly places the ball in a manner to take the goal kick and then does so. The ball is in play from that point on and Raya is in no way indicating that that wasn't a goal kick and he just wanted to give the ball to Gabriel. The latter still picks up the ball with his hand. Whether it's a lapse in concentration or whatever, that's a penalty. The explanation of not giving a penalty for a "kid's mistake" is a joke. It's a CL-quarterfinal, you shouldn't make "kid's mistakes", if you want to win one of the biggest trophies in football there is.

My feeling is that the same thing happened in our game. Taylor wanted to help out a player who had just lost his concentration and made a mistake. You can't do that though, when those mistakes (and especially avoiding them) is part of the game. You'd never hear anyone say the ref should have blown the whistle when Quansah gave the ball away and we conceded a goal as a result of that. Same should be true in an instance where a player thinks he has a freekick, but doesn't. Once Taylor realised what he had done, he was looking for a way out and just called on the physios to have a look at Areola.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4409 on: Yesterday at 08:53:44 pm »
Is it though? Raya clearly places the ball in a manner to take the goal kick and then does so. The ball is in play from that point on and Raya is in no way indicating that that wasn't a goal kick and he just wanted to give the ball to Gabriel. The latter still picks up the ball with his hand. Whether it's a lapse in concentration or whatever, that's a penalty. The explanation of not giving a penalty for a "kid's mistake" is a joke. It's a CL-quarterfinal, you shouldn't make "kid's mistakes", if you want to win one of the biggest trophies in football there is.

My feeling is that the same thing happened in our game. Taylor wanted to help out a player who had just lost his concentration and made a mistake. You can't do that though, when those mistakes (and especially avoiding them) is part of the game. You'd never hear anyone say the ref should have blown the whistle when Quansah gave the ball away and we conceded a goal as a result of that. Same should be true in an instance where a player thinks he has a freekick, but doesn't. Once Taylor realised what he had done, he was looking for a way out and just called on the physios to have a look at Areola.

I think it is poor decision by the referee but as I said it isn't clearcut unlike the Areola one.

I mean the referee awards a free kick blows his whistle and then a player decides to rotate the ball or move it slightly. Technically you could say that was handball. It would be ridiculous to do so.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4410 on: Yesterday at 09:33:04 pm »
I think it is poor decision by the referee but as I said it isn't clearcut unlike the Areola one.

I mean the referee awards a free kick blows his whistle and then a player decides to rotate the ball or move it slightly. Technically you could say that was handball. It would be ridiculous to do so.

But that's nothing like what happened. The closest comparison would be someone responding to the ref's whistle, taking a free kick to a teammate and the teammate deciding to pick the ball up instead of shooting. It never happens.

That is precisely what ties the two incidents together. "It never happens". In both cases the referee sees the thing that "never happens" and he can't get his stupid head round it and so he brings the whole thing to a crashing halt.

It's deeply symptomatic of the modern refereeing condition. Not bias. Just stupidity.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #4411 on: Yesterday at 09:48:49 pm »
I don't buy it that Taylor deliberately cheated (our season done anyway, under massive scrutiny after being the ref against Forest last week). He's fucked up and tried to cover it up, as will SYP Webb in getting their stories straight.

Soft arse Liverpool will not make a big deal of it and it'll be swept under the carpet. Imagine if that happened to Forest today to deny them an equaliser.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4412 on: Yesterday at 10:15:01 pm »
I don't buy it that Taylor deliberately cheated (our season done anyway, under massive scrutiny after being the ref against Forest last week). He's fucked up and tried to cover it up, as will SYP Webb in getting their stories straight.

Soft arse Liverpool will not make a big deal of it and it'll be swept under the carpet. Imagine if that happened to Forest today to deny them an equaliser.

He does deliberately cheat though, he tells Areola to fake an injury to attempt to cover his own arse - faking injuries is cheating and a referee making a player fake an injury is even worse.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4413 on: Yesterday at 10:46:59 pm »
He does deliberately cheat though, he tells Areola to fake an injury to attempt to cover his own arse - faking injuries is cheating and a referee making a player fake an injury is even worse.

I do agree with that. I don't see how he can survive that as a referee. It should be a crisis moment in his career. The consequences for the league title race are irrelevant. What is relevant is that he appears to have tried to make the West Ham goalie complicit in his charade in order to cover his error.