Author Topic: Bundesliga Thread  (Read 1068690 times)

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Reply #14240 on: July 7, 2020, 12:27:46 pm »
Chelsea will argue they need depth and everyone will get plenty of playing time, but it does't look good for players like Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi that they're looking to spend so much money on three new attacking players who will all be starting the majority of their games, along with Pulisic if he continues to develop as he is now.

For someone who was so highly-rated, Hudson-Odoi really hasn't made any sort of impact since he came back from injury and signed an extension there.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #14241 on: July 7, 2020, 12:29:07 pm »
I still think it shows a crazy way of building though, they need work on their back four and not even Chelsea have an unlimited amount of finance especially in the world of today. Also, it will be hugely challenging to keep all these players happy. He's going to have to balance that side of things really well next season and I'm not sure whether he'll be able to. There is a reason why Klopp prefers smaller squads. You get the impression Chelsea are making it way more complicated than what it needs to be.

I’m not sure. If they get Havertz, then him and Werner are massive upgrades, so then why not do it if you can.  Sure - they will need to get rid of players, but it’s not like they are buying shite. No idea about Zyiech, as I dont’ know much about him. But with Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, that’s 3 really talented attackers, why not go for it you can.  They wouldn’t have a hope of signing Havertz had certain other clubs either wanted him and been in a position financially to sign him. Same with Werner, had Liverpool not had to back out, they wouldn't have stood a chance with him either. But they have a clear run, can’t say I blame them for going for it.

But yes, they need a goalie,  and a central defender, and a left back, There’s every chance they’ll go into next seson with 5 or 6 new first team players.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14242 on: July 7, 2020, 12:30:40 pm »
Bayern have no use for him at this time. Looks like playing as a false 9 will end up being his best position and he's never getting in ahead of Lewandowski. Bayern make no secret of whom they do and do not want, if they were interested the whole world would know by now.

They've already said they won't be any doing any big signings other than Sane. They'd probably be interested in him next season.

partly taking advantage of a circumstance I think.

Yep. They're taking a run at attacking players when the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid likely can't. They're assuming they can load up on attack now and backfill the defence later.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #14243 on: July 7, 2020, 12:36:35 pm »
I’m not sure. If they get Havertz, then him and Werner are massive upgrades, so then why not do it if you can.  Sure - they will need to get rid of players, but it’s not like they are buying shite. No idea about Zyiech, as I dont’ know much about him. But with Werner, Havertz, Pulisic, that’s 3 really talented attackers, why not go for it you can.  They wouldn’t have a hope of signing Havertz had certain other clubs either wanted him and been in a position financially to sign him. Same with Werner, had Liverpool not had to back out, they wouldn't have stood a chance with him either. But they have a clear run, can’t say I blame them for going for it.

But yes, they need a goalie,  and a central defender, and a left back, There’s every chance they’ll go into next seson with 5 or 6 new first team players.

They will only work as upgrades if they are suited to the Premier League though and we don't know that yet. It also gives a really dispiriting message to the Chelsea Academy as well. There is also a possibility that football in this country once Brexit has occurred, will change as well. It's all well and good getting rid of the English talent, but if things change they're going to be in a right mess. I also don't think they can put back any work on their defence, its needs to be in conjunction with their current buying.   
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #14244 on: July 7, 2020, 12:39:41 pm »

One of the journos close to Chelsea has said they are looking at koulibaly but will wait till the Italian league finishes first. So maybe that's the next step.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14245 on: July 7, 2020, 12:42:34 pm »
They will only work as upgrades if they are suited to the Premier League though and we don't know that yet. It also gives a really dispiriting message to the Chelsea Academy as well. There is also a possibility that football in this country once Brexit has occurred, will change as well. It's all well and good getting rid of the English talent, but if things change they're going to be in a right mess. I also don't think they can put back any work on their defence, its needs to be in conjunction with their current buying.

I doubt their concern is any message they may send to their academy. Chelsea have been working in a particular way for years - stockpile, loan out and buy in ready made talent. They’ve only changed course last year because of a transfer ban, they will have no problem replacing the likes of Abraham in the starting line up with better players they’ve bought.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14246 on: July 7, 2020, 12:48:17 pm »
I doubt their concern is any message they may send to their academy. Chelsea have been working in a particular way for years - stockpile, loan out and buy in ready made talent. They’ve only changed course last year because of a transfer ban, they will have no problem replacing the likes of Abraham in the starting line up with better players they’ve bought.

Abrahams is a really underrated player though, with a manager like Klopp he would blossom in no time, I do think we do underestimate some of our own talent in comparison to foreign players. I think they would be really short-sighted to be be getting rid of him yet.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14247 on: July 7, 2020, 01:02:41 pm »
Abrahams is a really underrated player though, with a manager like Klopp he would blossom in no time, I do think we do underestimate some of our own talent in comparison to foreign players. I think they would be really short-sighted to be be getting rid of him yet.

I don’t actually think he’s one they’d send packing, I can imgine he and werner would  actually play plenty of games together. But if the situation was you can get elite talents that are ahead of your current playes, you’d do it, any club aiming for trophies would.

All I’m saying is that I get what chelsea are doing, they have the money, other teams don’t, they’d not have a chance at signing the likes of Havertz under ‘normal’ circumstances, so why not do it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14248 on: July 7, 2020, 01:07:29 pm »
I don’t actually think he’s one they’d send packing, I can imgine he and werner would  actually play plenty of games together. But if the situation was you can get elite talents that are ahead of your current playes, you’d do it, any club aiming for trophies would.

All I’m saying is that I get what chelsea are doing, they have the money, other teams don’t, they’d not have a chance at signing the likes of Havertz under ‘normal’ circumstances, so why not do it.

I know what you're saying, but I just hate this type of behaviour from clubs like City and Chelsea they're exactly the same to me and I just think its a very artificial way to build a squad. I would rather do it the way we build, even at the risk of sometimes not being able to buy. I just think its somehow more impressive, lets me honest we should be nowhere near City but we have completely broken them and by spending a lot less than they have.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14249 on: July 7, 2020, 01:08:45 pm »
You can't pass up signing the like of Havertz and Werner great signings and then you have Ziyech and Pulisic with likes of Abraham and Hudson Odio as back up they are sorted and have more attacking depth than us and City.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14250 on: July 7, 2020, 01:12:34 pm »
You can't pass up signing the like of Havertz and Werner great signings and then you have Ziyech and Pulisic with likes of Abraham and Hudson Odio as back up they are sorted and have more attacking depth than us and City.

you are on a roll today  :lmao 

I know what you're saying, but I just hate this type of behaviour from clubs like City and Chelsea they're exactly the same to me and I just think its a very artificial way to build a squad. I would rather do it the way we build, even at the risk of sometimes not being able to buy. I just think its somehow more impressive, lets me honest we should be nowhere near City but we have completely broken them and by spending a lot less than they have.

Oh yeah, I despise how they and City have gone about things generally with their lottery wealth. In this instance though, it is a case of taking advantage of circumstance, and as fake as it is, being as neither player would have gone there if circumstance and timing where different, can’t blame them for doing it. It’ll set them up in an attacking sense at least for a good while.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14251 on: July 7, 2020, 01:12:52 pm »

What's the point of that if you're letting them in at the other end, remember we tried that and it didn't get us to where we needed to be. You need a defence as much as an attack and Kepa clearly isn't a good enough keeper.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14252 on: July 7, 2020, 01:16:29 pm »
you are on a roll today  :lmao 

Oh yeah, I despise how they and City have gone about things generally with their lottery wealth. In this instance though, it is a case of taking advantage of circumstance, and as fake as it is, being as neither player would have gone there if circumstance and timing where different, can’t blame them for doing it. It’ll set them up in an attacking sense at least for a good while.

We know you are a Havertz fan boy Dim Glas.  ;D  It must hurt you to know he could end up at Chelsea. Anyway I think we've all gone full circle with all this now.  :wave

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14253 on: July 7, 2020, 01:17:09 pm »
What's the point of that if you're letting them in at the other end, remember we tried that and it didn't get us to where we needed to be. You need a defence as much as an attack and Kepa clearly isn't a good enough keeper.

What about signing them later? There is nothing wrong with top loading everything to begin with and they probably taking advantage of signing a player like Havertz.

Lets not forget we signed Salah despite having Coutinho and Mane but still starting the season with a defence that had Matip, Lovren, Moreno and Mignolet.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14254 on: July 7, 2020, 01:18:55 pm »
We know you are a Havertz fan boy Dim Glas.  ;D  It must hurt you to know he could end up at Chelsea. Anyway I think we've all gone full circle with all this now.  :wave

not overly arsed to be honest, cos I knew he wasn’t coming here, and I’d prefer he be there than at Bayern, so there is that  ;D  Nothing he achieves with Chelsea will mean much, they are like Man City to me, anything they win is pretty meaningless, which is why I’d take them winning stuff ahead of proper clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14255 on: July 7, 2020, 01:25:36 pm »
not overly arsed to be honest, cos I knew he wasn’t coming here, and I’d prefer he be there than at Bayern, so there is that  ;D  Nothing he achieves with Chelsea will mean much, they are like Man City to me, anything they win is pretty meaningless, which is why I’d take them winning stuff ahead of proper clubs like Man Utd and Arsenal!

That's true enough.  ;D

I have a little tip for the future one of our lads in the Academy called Layton Stewart, think I read he's scored more goals at the club then any one including the first teamers. His other claim to fame is he's scored against Everton at every single age level from u7 to u18's. He's already trained with the first team squad and played with the u19's in Europe. I am really excited to see if he gets more time in the Cup competitions this season. He's a really good natural goal scorer and two of his goals were entered into the best goals of the season on LFC TV (see if I can find the video).

Right on cue from Kloppy.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/07/jurgen-klopp-dreams-of-a-team-of-scousers-we-want-everybody-with-a-scouse-soul/?utm_source=webpush

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14256 on: July 7, 2020, 01:38:09 pm »
What about signing them later? There is nothing wrong with top loading everything to begin with and they probably taking advantage of signing a player like Havertz.

Lets not forget we signed Salah despite having Coutinho and Mane but still starting the season with a defence that had Matip, Lovren, Moreno and Mignolet.

Which is a fair take, but if we take that view, theoretically it means they arent a threat to us next season as they are unbalanced. With that defence we couldn't compete at the very top, same as with Chelsea.

One can call it a project, but that also gives us time to counter act the project and improve ourselves to keep ahead of Chelsea.
« Last Edit: July 7, 2020, 01:40:07 pm by Stockholm Syndrome »

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14257 on: July 7, 2020, 01:50:10 pm »
Kepa is off will be replaced by Onana, Chilwell and Rice will probably be signed as well. I think they are just going massive in the market like the 2003-2007 Roman era.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14258 on: July 7, 2020, 01:58:55 pm »
Kepa is off will be replaced by Onana, Chilwell and Rice will probably be signed as well. I think they are just going massive in the market like the 2003-2007 Roman era.

Then Lampard had better deliver quickly otherwise he will be under pressure.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14259 on: July 7, 2020, 01:58:56 pm »

Would be better in the Chelsea thread, but I fucking hope so he's shite and would cost a bomb for them if West Ham stay up

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14260 on: July 7, 2020, 01:59:57 pm »
Which is a fair take, but if we take that view, theoretically it means they arent a threat to us next season as they are unbalanced. With that defence we couldn't compete at the very top, same as with Chelsea.

One can call it a project, but that also gives us time to counter act the project and improve ourselves to keep ahead of Chelsea.

They are no threat to us even with that Koulibaly guy and Havertz. In fact they can sign even more but they wont get close to us. They are not in the same league as our players and getting over 90 points for them is a dream. An unrealistic dream.

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14261 on: July 7, 2020, 02:04:28 pm »
They are no threat to us even with that Koulibaly guy and Havertz. In fact they can sign even more but they wont get close to us. They are not in the same league as our players and getting over 90 points for them is a dream. An unrealistic dream.

Well if they sign them a lot of people on here and in the wider media will be tipping them to overtake us, despite us being on another planet to them at the moment in terms of quality. My response is essentially let them do it, we'll still be better.

Remember how Spurs were apparently going to overtake us this season with the spending they were supposed to be doing.

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #14262 on: July 7, 2020, 02:12:17 pm »
Then Lampard had better deliver quickly otherwise he will be under pressure.
Yeah he will be under massive pressure and it's hard to see him coping he's going to be heavily scrutinised. This season it was the dream job with the transfer ban and minimal expectations but seeing him finish ahead of Klopp side which is capable of 90-100 points looks night on impossible. Anyways if anyone should be worried it's Man city their recruitment has been pretty poor lately and they might be hit with a ban in a week or so Chelsea might be our nearest challengers in the next few seasons.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14263 on: July 7, 2020, 02:16:17 pm »
Hey Dynasty, click Here, I think you will find that is what you are looking for, this is the Bundesliga thread.

(Clue is in the titles  :P )

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14264 on: July 7, 2020, 02:34:44 pm »
Isn’t he Heidenheim’s version of Christian Streich though? I can’t imagine him anywhere elese  ;D

Still, he is only 46, so maybe he’ll fancy his chances in the Bundesliga one day if he can’t get there with his club.
Yeah he will probably stay there for as long as he wants, he's been manager of them for 14 years now which in modern football is a insane length of time considering how often managers get the boot these days.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14265 on: July 7, 2020, 02:49:55 pm »
Yeah he will probably stay there for as long as he wants, he's been manager of them for 14 years now which in modern football is a insane length of time considering how often managers get the boot these days.

yeah it really is quite something, a great story really.   

I am looking forward to seeing how Stuttgart get on when the Bundesliga starts again. Their sporting director Sven Mislintat was saying the other day they are trying to do what they did at Dortmund when he was there - of course, slight problem there is they don’t have the biggest factor in their resurgence - a certain Jürgen Klopp, but I get what he was saying. As in they want to stick to a plan and style and stick to a way of building over a number of seasons.

Stuttgart are a great old club with an amazing support, but have been a mess for years, so it’ll be interesting to see if Mislintat can indeed continue to turn that around and get much needed stability into the club.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #14266 on: July 7, 2020, 03:06:07 pm »
yeah it really is quite something, a great story really.   

I am looking forward to seeing how Stuttgart get on when the Bundesliga starts again. Their sporting director Sven Mislintat was saying the other day they are trying to do what they did at Dortmund when he was there - of course, slight problem there is they don’t have the biggest factor in their resurgence - a certain Jürgen Klopp, but I get what he was saying. As in they want to stick to a plan and style and stick to a way of building over a number of seasons.

Stuttgart are a great old club with an amazing support, but have been a mess for years, so it’ll be interesting to see if Mislintat can indeed continue to turn that around and get much needed stability into the club.
They got an interesting coach as well:
https://spielverlagerung.com/2020/07/04/vfb-stuttgart-under-pellegrino-matarazzo/

Would be nice seeing them in the Bundesliga again

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14267 on: July 7, 2020, 03:25:05 pm »
They got an interesting coach as well:
https://spielverlagerung.com/2020/07/04/vfb-stuttgart-under-pellegrino-matarazzo/

Would be nice seeing them in the Bundesliga again

yeah he’s very intriguing! First American born head coach I guess in Bundesliga, although he has been in Germany for over 20 years.

Still, thats cool. Hopefully he’ll do well with the jump up a league, it will be tough no doubt, so we shall see what he is made of!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14268 on: July 7, 2020, 06:25:02 pm »
Reports that Javi Martinez would leave Bayern this summer:
https://www.waz.de/sport/fussball/entscheidung-gefallen-javi-mart-nez-verlaesst-den-fc-bayern-id229466984.html

Not sure about the credibility, but seems about right. No longer an option for Bayern, really. In his prime he was absolutely amazing, one of the most complete players I have ever seen. Him and Schweinsteiger were the perfect midfield. Injuries means he is no longer world class but he'd be great for any club below that tier.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14269 on: July 8, 2020, 01:31:18 pm »
RB Leipzig have signed Hee-chan Hwang from Red Bull Salzburg

https://twitter.com/RBLeipzig_EN/status/1280835394548965383?s=20

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #14270 on: July 8, 2020, 01:44:57 pm »

Big shoes for him to fill!

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14271 on: July 8, 2020, 01:46:48 pm »

Highly unlikely he would produce as much as Werner, but he does look like a pretty good striker from the little I've seen of him

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14272 on: July 8, 2020, 01:48:13 pm »
Is it safe to assume that Leipzig won't be signing Milot Rashica now? I know he's been heavily linked with them.

Think Hwang will be a great signing for them in any case.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14273 on: July 8, 2020, 01:52:51 pm »
Is it safe to assume that Leipzig won't be signing Milot Rashica now? I know he's been heavily linked with them.

Think Hwang will be a great signing for them in any case.
I think it depended on his release clause being lowered if they got relegated, so it's less likely. That being said, he isn't really an out and out striker like Hwang I believe?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #14274 on: July 8, 2020, 02:00:21 pm »
11 goals and 12 assists in 27 league games this season. Those figures along with my expert scouting via YouTube lead me to believe he's actually similar type of 9 to Firmino. Definitely a second-striker type anyway.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IJVBiPeceY4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IJVBiPeceY4</a>
« Last Edit: July 8, 2020, 02:31:43 pm by OsirisMVZ »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14275 on: July 8, 2020, 03:28:07 pm »
again - I am surprised that RB Leipzig signed a player from RB Salzburg.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14276 on: July 8, 2020, 03:39:36 pm »
Liepzig still another striker along with Hawng, Hawng can't be the sole answer to replace Werner as he simply doesn't score enough goals.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14277 on: July 8, 2020, 04:00:46 pm »
Hwang's never looked up to much to me. Seems like more of a Poulsen type than a Werner but then Leipzig usually get it right, so what do I know?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #14278 on: July 8, 2020, 04:34:11 pm »
Liepzig still another striker along with Hawng, Hawng can't be the sole answer to replace Werner as he simply doesn't score enough goals.

They'll sign Schick permanently

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14279 on: July 8, 2020, 06:13:15 pm »
RB Leipzig getting business done early, Benjamin Henrichs’ transfer confirmed today, 1 year loan with option to buy.

https://twitter.com/RBLeipzig_EN/status/1280912469800751106?s=20