Author Topic: Simon Mignolet  (Read 325848 times)

Offline TheUSSR

• Anny Roader
  • Trotyovskyi, CCCP GangWarfare, TSAR
Re: Simon Mignolet
« Reply #4240 on: September 6, 2014, 11:56:45 pm »
Just been reading through the past pages...well.

To be fair to AM76, it's an issue of verification. I'm not POP's best friend (nor his worst enemy!) but if you tell me you can trust my information more than others because I'm qualified in the field, then I'm going to want to see verification before I proceed. If you want to truly learn something, every aspect of the process has to be impersonal: In a similar interest, when I post something in Italian / Italian source on the Rafa thread in a supposedly contentious issue, I ask the person with the contention to verify it for themselves. You need people to identify the information as purely as possible, so that they can trust it, go with it.

I've seen this stunt a few times, if POP is happy to share his credentials with the mods / has done so, the likes of Alan, Southern Pansy and VDM (who sadly doesn't seem to post much these days), and they confirm it, that's ok. If he can provide proof here, even better. Otherwise the I know routine is laughable. POP has been posting good information on the basics / generalities of football ( I remember postings on the defensive units particularly) way before any of the recognition now so it's useful, don't take it as me having a go, but the quality of coaching is in the details. It's the right step to ask for proof / verification before you proceed.

PhaseOfPlay has the right to remain anonymous. If you don't want to take his thoughts, place him on the ignore list.

I won't lie. I would love to know more about him personally and his coaching. He's a fascinating, articulate and impressive man. But I never will know much, nor do I have the oligation to know either.

Just read his posts, give your thoughts and have a debate with him if you want. You may not know his name, but he knows a damn more about football than most of us posters, and you only have to see his posts/threads. You will also learn a lot through his eyes and mind about the profession.
Lazar Marković, Čačak, Federal Republic of Yugoslavia

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4241 on: September 7, 2014, 12:16:01 am »
Bloody hell, you're not living up to the "poetry" part in your name, are you? :D

I thought you'd at least have made it rhyme!

Couldn't have said it better, not letter by letter..
Couldn't have done it better, the keeper to deter!

:D
« Last Edit: September 7, 2014, 12:54:11 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4242 on: September 7, 2014, 12:42:10 am »
I've just watched it back a few times. Mignolet did the only thing he could do in that situation, which was stand up and stay big. He didn't have time to come out, he actually realises this and backpeddles to the only sensible position he can take, Adebayor wasn't far enough clear of Lovren nor was their enough pace on the ball from Bentaleb to justify coming out, and if Mignolet had tried to play the sweeper-keeper it would've been less Neuer, more Schumacher, and then probably a red card. He did okay in a difficult situation, alot of goalkeepers would've slid towards Adebayor and been dinked, but he stayed up and forced the lob. And as Sturridge showed against Norway in the week, lobs like that aren't necessarily as simple as they look.

Exactly.  It's bizarre that there appears to be some great debate on this.  It was a natural position for any semi competent keeper to take, but still the forward should have finished.  It was a crap finish.  In a game we won 3-0.  Feck me.  Could maybe see some sense in debating it if he'd scored and we lost 1-0.  But he didn't and we won 3-0 anyway.  Can't half tell there's an international break going on.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #4243 on: September 7, 2014, 01:31:49 pm »
As for Simon i think he made the right decision coming out, however for me he needs to make these decisions quicker, maybe its a confidence thing and he needs to back himself to be right a bit more?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

royhendo

« Reply #4244 on: September 8, 2014, 12:21:12 pm »
Go away. It's sunny outside. If you demonstrate yourself to be fixated with a single topic or another poster, chances are you'll find yourself posting on another site if you keep it up.

Shape up.