Author Topic: Cancer  (Read 247705 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Re: Cancer
« Reply #2560 on: August 6, 2021, 08:43:08 am »
I had exactly the same as you 13 years ago mate, it's all a bit of a whirlwind at first but I always remember the first words my oncologist told me the time "if you are going to be in my clinic for something this is absolutely the best thing to be here with"......loads of treatment options, all of them highly effective and prognosis (short and long term) is generally excellent....plus who needs two anyway?

I'm sure you'll be grand...just keep that brilliant attitude and you are well on the way out of this

Yesterday was the worse day so far but we got through it. I actually slept really well without any of the weird dreams I have had.

That is fantastic to hear - it is so well advanced and the service has been first class. 
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2561 on: August 6, 2021, 09:25:56 am »
Best Wishes Nick...hope all goes well.Were living in amazing times for treatment and sounds like your in safe hands.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2562 on: August 6, 2021, 12:05:20 pm »
Best Wishes Nick...hope all goes well.Were living in amazing times for treatment and sounds like your in safe hands.

Appreciate the message.

NHS been brilliant and feeling ready for Monday now.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2563 on: August 6, 2021, 12:14:33 pm »
Nick I am sorry to hear about that mate and I hope everything goes well.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2564 on: August 6, 2021, 02:08:15 pm »
I wasn't sure whether to pst on here but it felt like the right thing to do.

I have suspected testicular cancer following a crazy few days (ultrasound then appointment today). I have had my blood tests today and will be operated on within 1 week.

They will do CT scan. I am surprisingly positive and ready to fight whatever at throws at me.

Best of luck to you and wish you every recovery and fortitude. It may or may not help but the comedian Richard Herring has been going through similar and you might want to follow his Tweets on the subject, he's had his op and is running a half marathon I think.

Take care.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2565 on: August 6, 2021, 02:21:48 pm »
Best of luck to you and wish you every recovery and fortitude. It may or may not help but the comedian Richard Herring has been going through similar and you might want to follow his Tweets on the subject, he's had his op and is running a half marathon I think.

Take care.

I did not know this.

Another positive story looking at it

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2566 on: August 6, 2021, 03:25:09 pm »
All the best, Nick. Take care of yourself. Hope all goes well and you get the all clear soon. 

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2567 on: August 10, 2021, 09:17:18 am »
Had the op and home yesterday about 5.30pm.

In awe at how wonderful the NHS are.

Just plan on getting plenty of rest now.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2568 on: August 10, 2021, 09:51:03 am »
Take care Nick, you'll be back on extension watch before you know it mate.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2569 on: August 10, 2021, 10:20:35 am »
Take care, Nick! Let those around you look after you and hopefully the Reds get off to a good start and keep you occupied with plenty of good moments.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2570 on: August 10, 2021, 10:52:02 am »
Take care of yourself Nick. Be sure not to jump out your armchair and start doing kneeslides on the carpet when the reds start banging them in vs Norwich  :)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2571 on: August 10, 2021, 11:41:15 am »
Take care Nick, you'll be back on extension watch before you know it mate.

😂😂😂

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2572 on: August 10, 2021, 11:42:28 am »
Fingers crossed its all gone well for you Nick  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2573 on: August 10, 2021, 11:47:03 am »
Good luck to the best Nick on RAWK.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2574 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:11 pm »
All the best Nick.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #2575 on: August 11, 2021, 12:47:20 am »
all the best Nick.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2576 on: August 11, 2021, 12:53:27 am »
Good luck Nick!

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2577 on: August 11, 2021, 01:17:07 am »
Take care, Nick! Hope it's all plain sailing from here.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2578 on: August 11, 2021, 02:12:43 am »
All the best

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2579 on: August 11, 2021, 09:03:20 am »

Mr Slippers was diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer in 2017;he had surgery,followed by a course of radiotherapy and was back to his all singing all snoring self in no time.

Take care,I'm sure you'll be fine.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2580 on: August 15, 2021, 12:25:37 am »
Hope all is good with you Nick. A best mate got diagnosed with the same thing 3 years back, didn't tell anyone bar his close circle and got it sorted out pretty quickly so fingers crossed for you and your loved ones that it goes the same way.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2581 on: August 15, 2021, 10:07:27 am »
All booked for Monday for my op. Markers on my blood test show cancer.

But we have a plan now:

- Op on Monday then tumour sent for analysis
- CT scan a week tomorrow

What a horrible week but can remain positive to beat this fucking thing as in the best hands possible.

Only just seen this :(

Hope everything goes well :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2582 on: August 15, 2021, 10:10:58 am »
Had the op and home yesterday about 5.30pm.

In awe at how wonderful the NHS are.

Just plan on getting plenty of rest now.

I only just read this Nick, so glad you have had the op put your feet up and good luck with the recovery.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2583 on: August 16, 2021, 06:24:08 pm »
Thanks guys.

A week today since the op and feeling better each day. Pain has been manageable and even got out to the sea front by us for some lunch a couple of times.

All tests done so just a waiting game now to know next steps.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2584 on: August 16, 2021, 06:31:34 pm »
Thanks guys.

A week today since the op and feeling better each day. Pain has been manageable and even got out to the sea front by us for some lunch a couple of times.

All tests done so just a waiting game now to know next steps.

Fingers crossed for you mate.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2585 on: August 26, 2021, 02:00:48 pm »
I have a slight update - Dawn (secretary) said my histology report came back yesterday afternoon and I will be discussed at the MDT meeting on Wednesday next week.

I will then be called in for appointment Friday / early week after in Worthing to discuss my results and look at how wound is healing

They don’t give any results over the phone and don’t tell me any other stats 🙁

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2586 on: August 26, 2021, 03:02:31 pm »
I have a slight update - Dawn (secretary) said my histology report came back yesterday afternoon and I will be discussed at the MDT meeting on Wednesday next week.

I will then be called in for appointment Friday / early week after in Worthing to discuss my results and look at how wound is healing

Fingers crossed for you Nick mate.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2587 on: August 26, 2021, 06:07:46 pm »

That's pretty normal mate if it was bad they'd have you back in quick sharp 👍

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2588 on: August 26, 2021, 06:35:20 pm »
That's pretty normal mate if it was bad they'd have you back in quick sharp 👍

That is what I was thinking / hoping.

They may call me Wednesday but prefer to see you face to face (whatever the news) plus review the wound.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2589 on: August 26, 2021, 07:00:46 pm »

They may call me Wednesday but prefer to see you face to face (whatever the news) plus review the wound.

Got everything crossed for you Nick.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2590 on: August 26, 2021, 08:05:29 pm »

Fingers crossed fella
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2591 on: August 26, 2021, 08:14:43 pm »
Lost my mum to this and still years on just yearn they would pledge any space money into solving cancer

Freedom starts in your own body,, not on foreign taking light years to get to (it's amazing how people toss Light Years around like it's nothing)

Just. Want
This. Done. It's your own body betraying you in the worst way
 I saw the black ring around my mother's head and I looked into it

You may think I'm being fancy and maybe I am but that is what I saw though I hadn't slept for days.

What I mean to say, so I say what I mean: begrudge all the monies that don't go into combating this. HS2, space, yachts - exhaustive lists are out there

We will truly master science only and not before but only when we can nullify and render nonexistent cancer and I apologise if in this most sacred of threads I post a teasing dream

You just don't forget things like what this does. You don't. It doesn't matter what years pass
You don't and you mustn't and pushing for change in whatever way is a salve but am I serious?

I am serious. I sit here older and wiser but no more happy.

Scourge seems too light.

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2592 on: September 3, 2021, 03:04:58 pm »
I have some positive news 😀

The tumour was cancerous but it is what is called a Stage one Seminoma. It’s the earliest stage of testicular cancer. The cancer is only in the testicle and hasn't spread to nearby lymph nodes or other organs.

I will still need to see the orcologist in Brighton to determine next steps but the nurse thinks it is monitoring only in these cases. The worse case would be preventative chemo.

I am at my Hospital on Tuesday to assess the wound.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2593 on: September 3, 2021, 03:06:55 pm »
Ah Nick made up for you there mate! I've been keeping an eye on here today and glad to see it is positive news for you!

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2594 on: September 3, 2021, 03:12:47 pm »
Ah Nick made up for you there mate! I've been keeping an eye on here today and glad to see it is positive news for you!

Yeah it’s great news.

The wait was pretty organising but can understand why they do it that way

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2595 on: September 3, 2021, 03:13:31 pm »
Great news mate, fingers crossed it carries on it that manner :thumbup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2596 on: September 3, 2021, 06:49:29 pm »
That's great that Nick.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2597 on: September 3, 2021, 07:16:24 pm »
Superb news mate have a little celebration this weekend 👍

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #2598 on: September 3, 2021, 07:17:20 pm »
Cheers guys - a massive relief.

Still in a bit of pain as they fixed a hernia too but slowly getting there.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2599 on: September 3, 2021, 07:23:52 pm »
Yeah it’s great news.

Great news Nick mate, puts everything in to perspective eh!

Take care of yourself.