Author Topic: Bit defender free blocking printer  (Read 775 times)

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
Bit defender free blocking printer
« on: May 5, 2023, 06:36:38 pm »
Installed the free version of Bit defender on windows 11 laptop a few days ago after reading in which magazine it was ample protection. Uninstalled McAfee. Now printer which is connected via USB won't print anything. Just queues jobs up. Tried updating drivers and running windows diagnostic but no luck. Printer works okay when I connect up a different laptop so doesn't appear to be an issue with the printer just the first laptop.

Have tried looking online but all I get is suggestions relating to turning off the firewall in bit defender but you don't get a firewall with the free version.

Any ideas?
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Bit defender free blocking printer
« Reply #1 on: May 5, 2023, 07:21:37 pm »
Unplug the printer. Go to device manager, uninstall the printer driver and any printer software that came with it. Reboot.

Go to the official website for the printer and download and install the new driver.

Reboot.

Plug the printer back in.

Go to device manager. Make sure it's recognised as the exact printer model you want.

You might also need to download and install a printer suite for it.

Also check it's listed under printers in settings and that you select that when printing.

Usually if you uninstall stuff and put it back on then firewalls and the like check what's being done and auto-add a rule, so that's why this will usually sort it out..
« Last Edit: May 5, 2023, 07:24:52 pm by Andy @ Allerton! »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: May 5, 2023, 07:23:54 pm »
You can also try the stuff listed here in case it really is being blocked

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13428/

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #3 on: May 5, 2023, 08:43:31 pm »
Cheers Andy. All sorted now
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean