Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube  (Read 450771 times)

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
Re: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube
« Reply #1040 on: September 27, 2018, 04:41:58 pm »
Ah just saw the clip of Klopp having a go at full-time, felt bad for him, he looked sad.

He's very good, better than I thought he'd be.

yeah a bit over the top - I thought Shaqiri did really well during the game

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: September 27, 2018, 04:52:10 pm »
yeah a bit over the top - I thought Shaqiri did really well during the game

As it has been discussed already, he didn't follow instructions during the set play, which is what Klopp was talking to him about.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1042 on: September 27, 2018, 04:56:20 pm »
As it has been discussed already, he didn't follow instructions during the set play, which is what Klopp was talking to him about.

Yeah I know that, the point is why give him a bollocking on the pitch in front of everyone, do it in the dressing room if he thought it was that bad

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1043 on: September 27, 2018, 04:57:57 pm »
Yeah I know that, the point is why give him a bollocking on the pitch in front of everyone, do it in the dressing room if he thought it was that bad

Because Klopp has been like that through out his career? He wears his passion on his sleeve, he praises players,criticizes them on the spot when need be

This isn't the first time and it won't be the last.

It's the same reason he celebrates and runs down the pitch.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: September 27, 2018, 05:00:11 pm »
It wasn't over the top from Klopp and I don't feel bad for Shaqiri.

I think people see the grins and chuckles of Klopp during pressers and other times and start to forget that he first and foremost is a leader, a manager and a coach who must lead, manage and coach his team in high pressure environments. He also has a ruthless side to him and wears his emotions on his sleeve.

Those who are sad for Shaqiri or upset at Klopp can look forward to pictures of them grinning together in training over the coming week and then can feel better about it all, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 05:01:45 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1045 on: September 27, 2018, 05:15:13 pm »

Klopp "I said step-pause, turn-pause, pivot, step-step, not step-pause, turn-pause, pivot, step-pause,,,,,,,ughhhhhhhhh shudder!"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: September 27, 2018, 05:21:03 pm »
https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1045251954606133248

I wish Klopp rather said those in dressing room, poor guy looked so sad.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1047 on: September 27, 2018, 05:26:21 pm »
https://twitter.com/footballdaily/status/1045251954606133248

I wish Klopp rather said those in dressing room, poor guy looked so sad.
yeah he looked a kid getting lambasted by his dad for coming home 5 minutes too late

i thought he played well, Klopp obviously wants a few rough edges polished
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1048 on: September 28, 2018, 05:06:42 am »
I think Shaq maybe needed a bollocking,just to highlight some things for him. He’s brilliant on the ball, but he is maybe coming from a club where he didn’t have to work off the ball anywhere like he does here.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline biscuitme

• cakeyou
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1049 on: September 28, 2018, 05:12:47 am »
yeah he looked a kid getting lambasted by his dad for coming home 5 minutes too late

i thought he played well, Klopp obviously wants a few rough edges polished

Like any dad, if it came as a teachable moment everyone wins. Klopp's emotional but he's no Jose. Klopp's got a huge heart sure it will only make Shaq better.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1050 on: September 28, 2018, 09:31:17 am »

Klopp "I said step-pause, turn-pause, pivot, step-step, not step-pause, turn-pause, pivot, step-pause,,,,,,,ughhhhhhhhh shudder!"

Pivot, pivot, PIVOOOT!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/n67RYI_0sc0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/n67RYI_0sc0</a>
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: September 28, 2018, 11:19:55 am »
He really does look like a scolded kid in that photo, hard not to feel bad for him :D

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1052 on: September 30, 2018, 12:11:47 am »
Very nice assist to Danny  ;D

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1053 on: September 30, 2018, 12:14:00 am »
Should have just smashed that sitter with his left. It was right into his stride. No idea why he let it roll into his weaker foot.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1054 on: September 30, 2018, 12:25:38 am »
Should have just smashed that sitter with his left. It was right into his stride. No idea why he let it roll into his weaker foot.
His probably scored that goal dozens of times over the course of his career. It’s a text book finish usually unless you are off balance like he was. I don’t think it will be happening again.
They teach you that at youth level let it run across at your body and guide it with your weaker foot. I would be more worried if he was a striker.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 12:27:11 am by GucciMane »

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #1055 on: September 30, 2018, 12:27:57 am »
His probably scored that goal dozens of times over the course of his career. It’s a text book finish usually unless you are off balance like he was. I don’t think it will be happening again.
They teach you that at youth level let it run across at your body and guide it with your weaker opposite foot. I would be more worried if he was a striker.

:D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1056 on: September 30, 2018, 12:39:21 am »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #1057 on: September 30, 2018, 01:32:59 pm »
I really like the very little we have seen so far.

Remember that central areas are most crucial to the press for us - and that is ultimately where I see him having a big impact here. So he is probably on the same path as Chamberlain last season in going to need a few months until we see the best of him and what exactly Klopp has in mind for him when we do.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: September 30, 2018, 01:55:03 pm »
I would like to see him replace Henderson against City.

City struggle with players like Ox and Lallana, the Shaq is the nearest we have to them players.

Chelsea were scared of him when he came on.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: September 30, 2018, 02:41:01 pm »
I would like to see him replace Henderson against City.

City struggle with players like Ox and Lallana, the Shaq is the nearest we have to them players.

Chelsea were scared of him when he came on.

By the time Ox played in that role, he had enough time to learn how to play in our midfield. Imo it's too early and dangerous to have him play there against City, because he will have to a lot of defensive work and be spot on tactically so we aren't exploited.

Keita needs to play in that role.

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #1060 on: October 4, 2018, 09:20:16 am »
Had Shaqiri come on instead of Fabinho last night I think we would all be celebrating a different result.

I really couldn’t believe we were going to field another 6 when what we really needed was someone to link midfield and forward play. Maybe that’s what we have been missing lately, I know Phil did it early last year, and by the time he left we were running hot and Ox has started to occupy that space. Fekir seems like he would have been good.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1061 on: October 4, 2018, 01:25:38 pm »
I really like the very little we have seen so far.

Remember that central areas are most crucial to the press for us - and that is ultimately where I see him having a big impact here. So he is probably on the same path as Chamberlain last season in going to need a few months until we see the best of him and what exactly Klopp has in mind for him when we do.

I would like to see us unleash the SHAQ onto City.

Shaq it up, shaq it in
Let him BEGIN!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1062 on: October 4, 2018, 01:46:34 pm »
Had Shaqiri come on instead of Fabinho last night I think we would all be celebrating a different result.

I really couldn’t believe we were going to field another 6 when what we really needed was someone to link midfield and forward play. Maybe that’s what we have been missing lately, I know Phil did it early last year, and by the time he left we were running hot and Ox has started to occupy that space. Fekir seems like he would have been good.

Klopp was going for the draw. His plan got scuppered when Keita went down. And we almost did get a draw in a very tough match.

Klopp pulled Shaq (who I really like) at half time in the only match he played as a 10. Klopp has been hesitant to even play Fabinho in midfield until he is ready, maybe Shaq could take a while longer to earn that trust from Klopp.

I would have like to see Shaq come on for a forward maybe, but he had to replace both Milner and Keita in midfield and we were heading for a 0-0 draw, so Klopp didn't use his last sub until very late. I don't think Shaq is the type of player, like Sturridge, to offer up some short-term individual magic.

I hope that we see more of Shaq. As a starter in the front 3 maybe? The only problem is that he is a left-footer. I'd guess that if he was a right footer that we would have seen him in place of Mane a bit so far. But being a left footer would mean bumping Bobby to the right side and playing Mo in the centre to accomodate Shaq.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2018, 01:48:35 pm by Giono »
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: October 4, 2018, 01:56:13 pm »
Klopp was going for the draw. His plan got scuppered when Keita went down. And we almost did get a draw in a very tough match.

His plan was scuppered by his poor use of the subs bench. It was certainly too late, energy/concentration/mistakes wise on 87 minutes to be making his last sub. Also the choice for me was poor, but that's less certain. Think it should have been Shaqiri.

On the latter point, have we been watching the same Shaqiri? No short term individual magic? Even in his sshort time here, look at his short term influence at Leicester and the moments he produced against Southampton

Him being left footed is no more a problem than Sturridge being left footed. Less so, even. He can adapt to playing left sided if needed, in a sort of Coutinho role.

Personally wouldn't be surprised to see Keita's next few appearances being in that position on the left, as Klopp tries to rehab his ability to play responsibly in a midfield three
« Last Edit: October 4, 2018, 01:58:35 pm by Classycara »

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #1064 on: October 4, 2018, 02:07:45 pm »
His plan was scuppered by his poor use of the subs bench. It was certainly too late, energy/concentration/mistakes wise on 87 minutes to be making his last sub. Also the choice for me was poor, but that's less certain. Think it should have been Shaqiri.

On the latter point, have we been watching the same Shaqiri? No short term individual magic? Even in his sshort time here, look at his short term influence at Leicester and the moments he produced against Southampton

Him being left footed is no more a problem than Sturridge being left footed. Less so, even. He can adapt to playing left sided if needed, in a sort of Coutinho role.

Personally wouldn't be surprised to see Keita's next few appearances being in that position on the left, as Klopp tries to rehab his ability to play responsibly in a midfield three

We play a lefty on the right and a righty on the left in the forward line.

You think Shaq has been more effective than Sturridge in 5 minutes? It's no contest.

Shaq would have been a good sub for the front three with 15+ minutes to play...but Klopp was heading for 1 point in a difficult away fixture. He's not going to use up the last sub early kpjust to see us get an injury and throw all that away.

We didn't lose the match because of the front three. They didn't let Napoli have lots of possession and chances to the point that you could smell a goal coming.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: October 4, 2018, 02:09:28 pm »
Start him on Sunday.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: October 4, 2018, 03:20:39 pm »
We play a lefty on the right and a righty on the left in the forward line.

You think Shaq has been more effective than Sturridge in 5 minutes? It's no contest.

Shaq would have been a good sub for the front three with 15+ minutes to play...but Klopp was heading for 1 point in a difficult away fixture. He's not going to use up the last sub early kpjust to see us get an injury and throw all that away.

We didn't lose the match because of the front three. They didn't let Napoli have lots of possession and chances to the point that you could smell a goal coming.

I know about the left/right foot thing. But don't forget Mane has played significant time on the right too. Playing Shaqiri left would in no way force Firmino and Salah from their usual spots

Even for five minutes, I'd have gone with Shaqiri as he's so much more mobile and pacey. But you're right, I meant making an earlier substitute. I get that in a short amount of time he's scored goals, but he's never empowered the team to overturn a poor period the way Shaqiri did instantly against Leicester. As you said, Klopp was playing for a draw, so I would rather have sacrificed the potential Sturridge goal in five minutes for control in a period where we badly needed it.  I understand your point about risk of using third sub with fifteen minutes left, but I think that conservatism is exactly what cost us.

Entirely disagree on the last line. You absolutely could smell a goal coming (same as the ten minute period preceding PSG's second goal. The front three dropped off dramatically (and who can blame them, fatigue is a normal thing). The opposition knew they had nothing to fear from a shot front three, so began to turn the screw. We were lucky the goal(s) didn't come earlier as the warning signs were there from the minute offsides and the shot that hit the bar.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2018, 03:22:32 pm by Classycara »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1067 on: October 5, 2018, 10:44:13 pm »
Shmaqiri Robinson &The Miracles

...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1068 on: October 7, 2018, 01:34:51 am »
He looks like one of The Fellowship of the Ring whenever he stands next to anyone in the squad.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #1069 on: October 7, 2018, 10:08:10 am »
He looks like one of The Fellowship of the Ring whenever he stands next to anyone in the squad.

:lmao

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: October 7, 2018, 01:12:13 pm »
Shaqimli.

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: October 8, 2018, 06:27:58 pm »
Not sure what game time he's going to get for us, played excellent every chance he's had. Can't get on the pitch when our front three are off form and maybe need a rest. Seems to have a great attitude on the pitch, maybe showing something different in training.
Got to be perfectly honest how he got no minutes against Napoli and City is baffling to me.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: October 8, 2018, 06:31:25 pm »
Not sure what game time he's going to get for us, played excellent every chance he's had. Can't get on the pitch when our front three are off form and maybe need a rest. Seems to have a great attitude on the pitch, maybe showing something different in training.
Got to be perfectly honest how he got no minutes against Napoli and City is baffling to me.

Good thing you're not the manager eh mate  :D

You don't see how he's going to get game time after the manager said

1. he kept the same players due to the intensity of the opposition and the demands from the opposition and their quality
2. he is going to rotate more as there is no other choice

All per what he's said after the match several times.

You honestly think that the front 3 will play every single match and that he will not have a chance especially once December hits?

Don't take my word for it, but listen to the manager at least, your answer is there

« Last Edit: October 8, 2018, 06:37:48 pm by deFacto »

Online lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: October 9, 2018, 05:11:57 am »
Good thing you're not the manager eh mate  :D

You don't see how he's going to get game time after the manager said

1. he kept the same players due to the intensity of the opposition and the demands from the opposition and their quality
2. he is going to rotate more as there is no other choice

All per what he's said after the match several times.

You honestly think that the front 3 will play every single match and that he will not have a chance especially once December hits?

Don't take my word for it, but listen to the manager at least, your answer is there

Do you think its odd that in the last two games were our players look out on their feet, we are only making two subs (two enforced and the other usually late) can you honestly tell me you weren't sat there thinking we should be bringing him on?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: October 9, 2018, 12:54:00 pm »
Do you think its odd that in the last two games were our players look out on their feet, we are only making two subs (two enforced and the other usually late) can you honestly tell me you weren't sat there thinking we should be bringing him on?

No I don't think it's odd, it's not the first time nor will it be the last time that Klopp doesn't make certain subs. It has everything to do with the opposition and the players we had out there who are more familiar with what we need than it is with Shaqiri not being impressive enough or whatever

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: October 9, 2018, 01:00:43 pm »
Pretty sure he'll start 2 of the next three games. Ideal games to throw him in imo.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1076 on: October 10, 2018, 03:19:50 pm »
Did anyone tell the club before we signed him that 2 years today he'll be 29?  :o

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1077 on: October 10, 2018, 03:54:51 pm »
Did anyone tell the club before we signed him that 2 years today he'll be 29?  :o

And possibly further cubular...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: October 11, 2018, 06:51:45 am »
Apparently he lives in Manchester and hasnt stepped foot in the Liverpool city centre yet. He needs to sort that out.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1079 on: October 11, 2018, 06:57:45 am »
Apparently he lives in Manchester and hasnt stepped foot in the Liverpool city centre yet. He needs to sort that out.

Sort what out? He can live and go where he wants for all I care.