Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760219 times)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15240 on: June 18, 2022, 03:26:29 am »
Thank you for all the wonderful memory Mane..all the best.
Believer

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #15241 on: June 18, 2022, 04:08:48 am »
won everything he could with us, helped us win everything he could with us, loved how he adapted to playing central striker last season and wanted to see more of it, i can put aside the recent transfer bollocks and what all that may or not mean, when he crossed the white line he always gave his all, some days it wasn't enough, most days it was

he's been a fantastic player and team mate for us and i can only wish him well as long as it's not against us
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Online kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15242 on: June 18, 2022, 06:38:33 am »
One of my absolute favourite players, I have loved watching him play for us. He is a total footballer, as deadly in attack as he his hard working in defence, and an ultimate team player. In another team he might've shined even brighter as an individual, but he's always adapted to the team and Klopp's demands to get the most out of the whole rather than be in the centre of attention himself.

I'm sad to see him leave, but can understand it from both his and the club's perspective. He's won everything with us and it's natural to seek a new challange, and from our perspective - with our iconic attacking trio all getting towards the end of their careers - some very tough decisions have to be made. To let him go now might just be for the best long term, but regardless, I can only wish Sadio all the best at Bayern. What a player.

Very well said!

If there is genuinely any feeling in the Mane camp about him not being that loved by Liverpool fans, I hope someone close to him looks at this thread and the general sentiment among Liverpool fans on Twitter, and realise we are sad to lose him but will cherish the memories he gave us as an incredible player in an amazing team for a lifetime.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 06:45:54 am by kloppismydad »
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #15243 on: June 18, 2022, 06:44:48 am »
One of my favourite players ever. Thanks Sadio.
I hope we draw Munich at some stage in the coming season so we can say a proper goodbye to him.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15244 on: June 18, 2022, 07:36:10 am »
He has been incredible for us. 6 years, average of 20 non penalty goals a season since he was here, very rarely injured, worked really hard in defence as well.

Memorable moment for me was Barcelona 4-0. Didn't score or assist but was my man of the match. He was an absolute menace that day

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15245 on: June 18, 2022, 07:52:36 am »
I feel at peace with him going. One thing I’m definitely not going to do is watch a video of all his goals. Then I’ll feel like pure shit babes.

Shit I watched one. He was really bloody good wasn't he. Maybe even more clinical from outside/edge of the box than Salah. Massive hole to fill.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15246 on: June 18, 2022, 08:11:49 am »
Palace will be happy.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15247 on: June 18, 2022, 08:16:24 am »
Could have played things smoother, but I don't begrudge him for wanting a new challenge.

Cheers, Sadio.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #15248 on: June 18, 2022, 08:48:15 am »
Honestly really upset now he's actually off :'(

End of an era, it was always going to come.
:D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15249 on: June 18, 2022, 09:12:24 am »
Good luck Sadio & thanks for everything.

Offline steampie

• Kopite
  • Truth yes, now Justice.
« Reply #15250 on: June 18, 2022, 09:16:19 am »
Just gutted really.
I think [naming your daughter] Fuckoffyoubitterblueshitebastards Becker has a nice ring to it.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15251 on: June 18, 2022, 09:24:04 am »
Honestly really upset now he's actually off :'(

End of an era, it was always going to come.

Not arsed myself. My age, seen players come and players go, trust the boss and his team to move us on.

Hope he succeeds at Bayern, gave us everything and never let us down.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15252 on: June 18, 2022, 09:29:35 am »
Knew the day was coming, when this band of mentality monsters start going down a different paths. The end of one era stops, I hope the next brings as much success for everyone. All the best Sadio, you won the lot here, was professional 100% of the time, therefore a legend.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #15253 on: June 18, 2022, 10:02:30 am »
A sad day as the break up of our incredible threesome has happened but what joyful memories Sadio leaves.

Started at Arsenal as he intended to carry on with a fantastic goal and has he scored a better one than that one in Bayern when he took that long ball from Ali. His goal and performance in Kiev highlights for me everything about Sadio. We were struggling after Mo went off but Sadio was a warrior that night and single-handedly got us back level and fought Madrid like a tiger.

His two goals in the Wembley semifinal when playing down the centre showed he gave everything no matter what he was asked to do. Thanks Sadio, and I wish you well in Germany.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15254 on: June 18, 2022, 10:34:26 am »
Love Mane, true legend for us, it can't be doubted. But Bayern are our European rivals and have won their league the past gazillion times. Can't say I particularly wish him well there, would love if they finally lose the league and being successful in Europe for them means winning it which I certainly don't want either.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15255 on: June 18, 2022, 11:05:32 am »
Love Mane, true legend for us, it can't be doubted. But Bayern are our European rivals and have won their league the past gazillion times. Can't say I particularly wish him well there, would love if they finally lose the league and being successful in Europe for them means winning it which I certainly don't want either.

They probably will win the league but yeah, it'd be nice if someones else wins it this season, although I still hope he does well from an individual point of view. What would be great if we got them in the European Cup semi-final second leg, Mane gets a great reception and we thump them 5-0 on aggregate and go on to win the final.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15256 on: June 18, 2022, 11:11:18 am »
Shame he's gone but makes little difference in the grand scheme of things to us as a club and a team, we are bringing in younger hungrier players who want to play for the club. 

Sadio's best years are arguably behind him with him being on the wrong side of 30 and no way could the club payhim what he was asking for in wages without causing irreparable damage to our wage structure and it would have set in effect a chain of events that would then have been beyond our control.

Thanks for the memories and all that but like players past he is now an ex-player and I will cheer for our current squad
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15257 on: June 18, 2022, 11:22:48 am »
There's probably money in it for us so we should probably wish them some moderate success.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15258 on: June 18, 2022, 11:41:23 am »
Love the lad, not just for what he's done for the club but also for being a fantastic, caring person who uses his money to help those who are far worse off than most. Good luck to him, I wish him & his family all the best.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15259 on: June 18, 2022, 11:49:17 am »
Can't believe of all the teams people are frustrated he's going to that it's Bayern Munich. There was so many other worse clubs he could have gone to  ;D He's actually picked someone that's borderline inoffensive to us, to myself at the very least.

Also, the idea at 30 years of age he should be going somewhere to 'challenge himself' is bizarre. It says much more about him that he does still want to win and be the best player at a massive club. I hope he wins every domestic honour he can while he's there because that's what Bayern are basically going to do with or without him.

I do agree the comments before the final were bizarre but it meant nothing to the result and nobody would probably have gave a fuck had we won. It was just something he didn't need to say and it's not like he has a history of it. He's left on fine terms IMO, and I thought Gini did the same last year. I dread to think what this is going to be like with Salah next year.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15260 on: June 18, 2022, 11:52:53 am »
Very well said!

If there is genuinely any feeling in the Mane camp about him not being that loved by Liverpool fans, I hope someone close to him looks at this thread and the general sentiment among Liverpool fans on Twitter, and realise we are sad to lose him but will cherish the memories he gave us as an incredible player in an amazing team for a lifetime.

He’ll never get a manager who loved and appreciated him like Kloppo again, that’s for sure!

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #15261 on: June 18, 2022, 12:59:16 pm »
Fantastic player.

We got the best six years of his career (and sold him for the same price as we bought him).
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #15262 on: June 18, 2022, 01:14:08 pm »
Still reckon this has been pushed by the club more than the player and those having a go at him are really harsh. The difference in stance from the club compared to the Suarez/coutinho sales is stark.

We are a club who needs some money from transfer sales and I think we knew there was not going to be a market for Salah at his salary demands.

Best of luck to him, he's been amazing for us.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 01:17:26 pm by Redknight60 »

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15263 on: June 18, 2022, 01:20:06 pm »
Sad he's going and maybe could have left the club in a better way but it is what it is.

Great player and will be sorely missed but we will carry on and hopefully proceed seamlessly without him.

Good luck and all the best Sadio. Just don't score against us if we meet Bayern in Europe.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d24A34mQDo8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d24A34mQDo8</a>

Having watched all of them, those instinct goals of his were just too funny. It's like he just switched off, didn't think and just went boom ;D That was when he has always been at his best. Literally made for the penalty box in a fast league like the Premier League. One step ahead of the defenders.
Linudden.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #15264 on: June 18, 2022, 01:22:21 pm »
Many great memories of Sadio Mané. The winner at Villa Park in 2019, the opener at that Allianz earlier that year, his derby goal. My favourite was the goal against Man City at Anfield in January 2018, Coutinho had just gone & the front 3 delivered big style. Feels like the end of an era, I wish him all the best.

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15265 on: June 18, 2022, 01:26:52 pm »
Legend of the club, unbelievable player who leaves us with unbelievable memories.

Bit of a knobhead for those pre CL final ‘special announcement’ comments, leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth but that may mellow in time.

6 years of world class service and he leaves having had his peak years with us, while we break even with his sale. Can’t argue with that.

Wish him all the personal success in the world, but Bayern can do one.

Ta ra Sadio lad.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #15266 on: June 18, 2022, 01:33:12 pm »
Will miss him. I hope he enjoyed his time at the club as much as we enjoyed him. Terrific fellow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15267 on: June 18, 2022, 01:36:03 pm »
Still reckon this has been pushed by the club more than the player and those having a go at him are really harsh. The difference in stance from the club compared to the Suarez/coutinho sales is stark.

We are a club who needs some money from transfer sales and I think we knew there was not going to be a market for Salah at his salary demands.

Best of luck to him, he's been amazing for us.

Not even comparable though with Coutinho (which is the one one that matters in this discussion, as Suarez went pre-Klopp).  Coutinho threw a strop right before a massive CL qualifier, after the squad had been set for the new season.

I think it’s Mane who wanted out for whatever reasons, and because he let them know early, they are respectful of that and got it sorted, as they had plenty of time to get another forward in.  Klopp adores Mane as a player, and I am reasonably sure he’d have loved to have him around longer.  But on the other side, a new contract negotiation would have been difficult, as at this stage of his career, he’d have got nowhere near the sort of offer he’s got from Bayern.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15268 on: June 18, 2022, 02:08:31 pm »
So long and thanks for all the Fish
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15269 on: June 18, 2022, 02:36:47 pm »
Sadio, arrived a prospect who could take us to the next level. He (and some others) did that. He will leave a legend and a hero. On and off the pitch.

You'll never Walk Alone Sadio. Ever.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15270 on: June 18, 2022, 02:43:27 pm »

I really don't think transfer sales are the driver; it's far more likely the deep analytics are suggesting who can continue to perform for another two/three years in their 30s and who might suit a slower league.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15271 on: June 18, 2022, 02:44:34 pm »
FUCK! I just finished a song for him too.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #15272 on: June 18, 2022, 02:56:02 pm »
I really don't think transfer sales are the driver; it's far more likely the deep analytics are suggesting who can continue to perform for another two/three years in their 30s and who might suit a slower league.
I think the club decided that they could only afford to keep one of Salah and Mane, for cost and age profile reasons. Salah is slightly better and the right footed Mane is easier to replace.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15273 on: June 18, 2022, 03:38:03 pm »
Felt like he was going to be a beast for us from the moment he was linked, and that's exactly what he's been. Shame to see him go but makes sense with his wage demands being so high and a little bit of that electric pace starting to disappear.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15274 on: June 18, 2022, 04:19:27 pm »
What a signing he's been for us, wish him all the best for the future.

Thanks for everything Sadio❤️

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15275 on: June 18, 2022, 04:22:46 pm »
Gutted really

Proper club legend, loved watching him play

Shame about how it's ended, with all that bollocks about instagram comments etc

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #15276 on: June 18, 2022, 07:48:04 pm »
Amazing player, mentality monster, low maintenance, all about the team, no ego, Liverpool legend, hope he goes on to smash it at Bayern

Offline Redknight60

• Main Stander
« Reply #15277 on: June 18, 2022, 07:58:09 pm »
Not even comparable though with Coutinho (which is the one one that matters in this discussion, as Suarez went pre-Klopp).  Coutinho threw a strop right before a massive CL qualifier, after the squad had been set for the new season.

I think it’s Mane who wanted out for whatever reasons, and because he let them know early, they are respectful of that and got it sorted, as they had plenty of time to get another forward in.  Klopp adores Mane as a player, and I am reasonably sure he’d have loved to have him around longer.  But on the other side, a new contract negotiation would have been difficult, as at this stage of his career, he’d have got nowhere near the sort of offer he’s got from Bayern.

I don't know. There hasn't been the slightest inkling from the club that we are looking to retain him compared to Salah where even klopp has been commenting about negotiations taking place and hoping to find an agreement.

It might have been mane pushing for it but in his shoes, surely you look to play out another year and secure a more lucrative deal as a free agent next season. His comments sound more like a guy whos pissed off he's being moved on more than anything else. I mean, if he wanted a move, he's been given everything he wanted so you wouldn't expect any bullshit on the way out.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15278 on: June 18, 2022, 08:03:30 pm »
I don't know. There hasn't been the slightest inkling from the club that we are looking to retain him compared to Salah

From all reports Mane made it clear he had no intention of signing another deal, so the club likely knew of this a fairly long time back as I'm under no doubt we at least approached him to begin discussions (even just to preserve value).

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15279 on: June 18, 2022, 08:32:08 pm »
Thanks for the memories and helping deliver all of those amazing trophies Sadio.
Thank you for the patience while we rebuilt and the eventual goals, assists, effort and tenacity you gave. You are 100% a reason why this club is where it is now.
Thanks for enabling one of the favourite songs on the Kop in the modern era.
We thank you graciously for your service and we appreciate everything you have given, including your mad moments. You've been a star Sadio lad.

Your departure is a huge loss to us, you leave as an absolute Anfield legend, but you leave the adulation behind. Unfortunately the recompense you receive for your services elsewhere won't be matched by the emphatic fondness and love that we gave you.

Good luck away Sadio.
YNWA.