Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760163 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15200 on: June 17, 2022, 08:42:37 pm »
There's a strong Arabic-African rivalry going on too. Enormous gaps in wealth, access to electricity, clean water and the availability of education. Especially Morocco is having very high living standards in that sense, but also Egypt compared to other parts of the continent. Black people (often from Senegal) are being abused as very cheap labour in North Africa if they've not been able to get a migratory route to Europe. It breeds hostilities. That people in Senegal don't like Salah very much have many other external explations that go far beyond football. It's the cleanest way I can put it. Many Senegalese simply see the adulation Salah receives in the light of this. It's sad but I can't see it being any other way. The Sahara desert is the gigantic wall that divides the African continent in two in so many ways.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:47:13 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15201 on: June 17, 2022, 08:50:37 pm »
Sad to see him go and wish him all the best in Germany, unless we draw them in the CL.

He's a club legend who has contributed massively to everything we've achieved over the last few years. Thanks for the memories, Sadio.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #15202 on: June 17, 2022, 08:52:35 pm »
Gutted, but happy for him. Always put a shift in like no one else. Never got a thing from the refs. Can't blame him, but he will be missed so much. I think he will always be ours.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #15203 on: June 17, 2022, 09:03:32 pm »
Endings are Beginnings.  Good luck Sadio!
dios esta buena

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15204 on: June 17, 2022, 09:04:08 pm »
What's the first image it comes to mind when you think of Klopp's era, Liverpool? Origi's second against Barcelona, after Trent's fast corner? Alisson's injury-time winner against West Brom? Any of Salah's breathtaking individual goals? While I cherish all those moments, they are not the first ones on my mind.

When I think of this Liverpool team, I think of the swarming of opposition players on possession, like a pack of wild dogs after a prey. The havoc created by the constant pressing and movement from our players. The panic in the defender's eyes when they found themselves with the ball at their feet on the edge of the area, knowing full well someone is gonna knick it. The way this team almost forces the ball into the net by sheer collective power of will. And whenever I think of some of those instances, in my mind, it's always Sadio Mané leading the charge.

In an era where everything is quantified by those who think empiric understanding is not reliable and inherently biased, Sadio's impact on a football pitch goes way beyond his stats. The way he plays the game, perfectly embodies what this Liverpool team is all about. The intensity. The physicality. The speed and skill. Most importantly, the unwavering will to win. He was perfect for us, and we were perfect for him. No two ways about it.

Much like Suarez before him, he isn't the most consistent player on a technical level. There would be instances where his touch would be too heavy. Where his close control would be too loose. Where he would miss a simple finish or a pass. But also like Suarez, he would have these incredible moments of pure instinctive genius. Moments that let you in awe of his quickness of mind. Of the sheer audacity to try those things. More than anything, he's absolutely fearless on a football pitch. He never hides, in any instance, no matter the result. He chases after every loose ball, with the speed and intensity that must bring nightmares to his rivals. And you could always count on him delivering when we most needed it, even if he was playing like crap.

This team will be different after him, it'll have to be. You can't just replace Mané, he's too unique. His skillset, too specific. I don't think the full impact of his departure has been realized by the fans yet. But who other than Klopp would you want in charge of that transition? And who's to say that the next chapter won't be as or even more successful than the last? 

It will feel different too.

Thanks for everything and good luck Sadio, you mad instinctive genius.
Well said. Nothing but respect for Sadio. More often than most the man who delivered on the big occasion. The early goal against Roma, the glimmer of hope in Kiev, moment of brilliance in Munich, an underappreciated performance against Barcelona at home, won the penalty in Madrid,  a number of goals against City (4 last season alone). I absolutely love this player, and I’m gutted to see him leave. Granted, he’s not what he used to be, but he’s had a new lease of life as a CF and will always be capable of brilliant moments.

A Liverpool legend, one of my favourites, wish him nothing but success in Munich, aside from the CL of course.

The one thing I won’t miss is the circus that comes with him.

Offline Racer

• Shit Aldi Snickers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15205 on: June 17, 2022, 09:05:44 pm »
What a player - thank you for six wonderful years Sadio. I’ll never forget your debut goal at Arsenal and you got me off my seat more than any other player under the Klopp era. Thank you and good luck legend

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15206 on: June 17, 2022, 09:11:31 pm »
Sullied his legendary standing right at the very end with his nonsense before the CL final and afterwards. Supporters remember this and it’s a sodding shame as I don’t think he will be looked on with 100% love by our supporters as the years go by and he’s retired.

Amazing player for us and a legend of the club. Wish him well.

A deal that suits both parties. Necessarily reduces risk from our starting front line losing their legs on our watch. And I’m convinced this will free up Salah a bit - I want him to be at his selfish best next year
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #15207 on: June 17, 2022, 09:15:08 pm »
Top player. “The red arrows” phase from a few years back was as exiting as I’ve seen us play. Lacked a bit of control, but Firmino, Salah and Mane bombing forward on a break from an opposition corner was a sight to behold!

We’ve backed off a bit in the past few years, maybe it’s a slightly different style or play, but probably down to the fact that they’ve all lost a yard. Time waits for no one and it’s simply time to refresh.

Never doubt this LFC administration, he’s going on our terms, I’m certain of that. If we wanted him to stay, he’d be signed up now. I suspect we feel he’s peaked and the wages we’d have to pay are better spent on rotating the squad.

That’s said, he was an integral part of bringing the league back. He’ll be remembered as a legend and rightly so.

Good luck Sadio.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a Ł1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15208 on: June 17, 2022, 09:19:57 pm »
Sullied his legendary standing right at the very end with his nonsense before the CL final and afterwards. Supporters remember this and it’s a sodding shame as I don’t think he will be looked on with 100% love by our supporters as the years go by and he’s retired.

A deal that suits both parties. Necessarily reduces risk from our starting front line losing their legs on our watch. And I’m convinced this will free up Salah a bit - I want him to be at his selfish best next year

Agree with all of this.

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15209 on: June 17, 2022, 09:24:13 pm »
An absolute beast of a player . Given the form he has been in recently compared to Salah it’s certainly a gamble that he is the one being moved on . There maybe non footballing factors we don’t know about underneath it .
That second goal against Villa recently . How many have the neck muscles to score that ? Unless Darwin hits the ground running we lose a bit in the short term . But this is a long term planning move which I understand . We would have had huge problems replacing two world class centre forwards at the same time and doing so gradually is very sensible .

Mane you will be missed . You have given us all incredible memories and been a brilliant servant to our club

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15210 on: June 17, 2022, 09:50:44 pm »
Awesome player and many happy memories, but time doesn’t stand still and we move on. 
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #15211 on: June 17, 2022, 09:57:34 pm »
Ah, no.  Is that it?

I'm sad now.  Best of luck Sadio.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #15212 on: June 17, 2022, 10:23:20 pm »
Who gives a fuck? If they are pissed off with our apparent treatment of Mane, or Klopp’s comments on the AFCON, then they can get fucked. Nobody should really give a shit, we shouldnt be in the business of having to try to appease anyone, be it twitter fans, genuine fans, a country or continent.

Well yeah.

Just a curious corner of the internet.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15213 on: June 17, 2022, 10:37:12 pm »
Good luck Sadio.

One of our greatest players on the pitch, an even greater person off it.

I’m lucky to have seen him play so many brilliant games for us.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15214 on: June 17, 2022, 10:57:03 pm »
Remember that fucking goal on his debut though? That was special and one of his very best of 120 goals here. He's been a scorer of great goals for us, some real quality strikes. Not a single penalty as well which is really impressive.

So many great goals/moments spring to mind. That debut goal, the winner at Goodison in his first season, the equaliser in Kiev, plenty of great goals in the seasons we won the Champions League and then the title, like Bayern away, and some big ones this season. He struggled quite a bit in the games behind closed doors but then again most did, just glad he found his feet again this season and so unlucky not to end up winning the big two again.

Best of luck at Bayern unless our paths should cross in Europe. Like Divock before you the pleasure has been all ours  :wave

https://twitter.com/Tactical_Times/status/1537774518827098112
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 11:00:40 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #15215 on: June 17, 2022, 10:59:19 pm »
Well said. Nothing but respect for Sadio. More often than most the man who delivered on the big occasion. The early goal against Roma, the glimmer of hope in Kiev, moment of brilliance in Munich, an underappreciated performance against Barcelona at home, won the penalty in Madrid,  a number of goals against City (4 last season alone). I absolutely love this player, and I’m gutted to see him leave. Granted, he’s not what he used to be, but he’s had a new lease of life as a CF and will always be capable of brilliant moments.

A Liverpool legend, one of my favourites, wish him nothing but success in Munich, aside from the CL of course.

The one thing I won’t miss is the circus that comes with him.

There was no circus up until the last few weeks.......

The moments I remember are Sadio running back, closing down, making tackles.....

Legend......but we are in position to move on with

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15216 on: June 17, 2022, 11:15:50 pm »
How do you say in German/Deutsch, "Don't let the door hit you on the way out"?,  they come they go LFC always remains.
What a weird post for a club legend. Will you also post the same thing when Salah, VVD, Allison all leave one day?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15217 on: June 17, 2022, 11:16:25 pm »
Remember that fucking goal on his debut though? That was special and one of his very best of 120 goals here. He's been a scorer of great goals for us, some real quality strikes. Not a single penalty as well which is really impressive.

So many great goals/moments spring to mind. That debut goal, the winner at Goodison in his first season, the equaliser in Kiev, plenty of great goals in the seasons we won the Champions League and then the title, like Bayern away, and some big ones this season. He struggled quite a bit in the games behind closed doors but then again most did, just glad he found his feet again this season and so unlucky not to end up winning the big two again.

Best of luck at Bayern unless our paths should cross in Europe. Like Divock before you the pleasure has been all ours  :wave

https://twitter.com/Tactical_Times/status/1537774518827098112
120 goals and 48 assists in 269 games for us. Incredible numbers, and they still don't do him justice.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15218 on: June 17, 2022, 11:17:59 pm »
Good luck Sadio. You are a Liverpool legend

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15219 on: June 17, 2022, 11:28:55 pm »
6 seasons of outstanding service, and 6 seasons of great memories, don't be an arsehole, just give him your best and wish him well for the rest of his career.

Some supporters as so ungrateful and disrespectful.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #15220 on: June 17, 2022, 11:31:37 pm »
A legend.

Gutted he has gone.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15221 on: June 17, 2022, 11:33:32 pm »
If a player like Mane can get 'don't let the door hit you on the way out' type comments then nobody is safe. Bias aside I do think anybody who would leave here right now is to some extent mad but it's not like he's going to fucking Newcastle or something. He's joining one of the other biggest clubs in the world with a near guarantee of winning silverware. Granted some might not respect him for not 'challenging himself' enough but when you've done what he's done and consider the fact he's into his 30s now he obviously deserves to play for someone like Bayern. Their fans probably felt the same way with Thiago a couple of years ago.

It was the same with Gini last year. Granted he may not have ever have been as loved as Mane or quite as important but he was still a world class player who won big honours here after giving us the best years of his career.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15222 on: June 17, 2022, 11:34:04 pm »
Great player, even greater human being.

Extremely gifted but humble.

Thank you Sadio Mane, forever a legend.

YNWA

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15223 on: June 17, 2022, 11:35:05 pm »
This is a feeling we're going to have to get used to. We have a lot of players in this squad who are at an age (or contract stage) where they'll be leaving in the next couple of years.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15224 on: June 17, 2022, 11:42:16 pm »

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15225 on: June 18, 2022, 12:00:07 am »
Thank you Sadio. Good luck and all the best in your future endeavours. You’re an outstanding player for the football club and you should be proud. Proper legend no doubt …
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline MH41

• Kopite
« Reply #15226 on: June 18, 2022, 12:09:32 am »

Sums up exactly how I feel about him.
I'm upset he has gone. He really was truly world class. Always able to pull us out of a hole with his finishing, his work rate, his strength etc. A player with few, if any weaknesses?
He had no need, and indeed no business coming out with all the nonsense, just before the CL final. Hugely disrespectful to the club, and mostly to the fans who adored him. What is so "special" about him wanting to leave? (Did he even make that announcement to the fans afterwards, or rely on news going through his agent?)
He had absolutely no need to comment on anything before the CL final, especially as the news was not what we wanted to hear.
Of course he will always be considered a club legend for what he has achieved at the club. I wish him well...but John Barnes was much better! 🤣

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15227 on: June 18, 2022, 12:21:41 am »

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #15228 on: June 18, 2022, 12:40:16 am »
6 seasons of outstanding service, and 6 seasons of great memories, don't be an arsehole, just give him your best and wish him well for the rest of his career.

Some supporters as so ungrateful and disrespectful.
this

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #15229 on: June 18, 2022, 12:46:19 am »
Farewell Sadio LFC Legend
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #15230 on: June 18, 2022, 12:49:44 am »
Gutted. What a fucking player.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #15231 on: June 18, 2022, 12:50:46 am »
Gutted, wish him all the best  :wave

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15232 on: June 18, 2022, 12:51:37 am »
There's a strong Arabic-African rivalry going on too. Enormous gaps in wealth, access to electricity, clean water and the availability of education. Especially Morocco is having very high living standards in that sense, but also Egypt compared to other parts of the continent. Black people (often from Senegal) are being abused as very cheap labour in North Africa if they've not been able to get a migratory route to Europe. It breeds hostilities. That people in Senegal don't like Salah very much have many other external explations that go far beyond football. It's the cleanest way I can put it. Many Senegalese simply see the adulation Salah receives in the light of this. It's sad but I can't see it being any other way. The Sahara desert is the gigantic wall that divides the African continent in two in so many ways.
You are much better at explaining this than I am. Thank you.

Online Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15233 on: June 18, 2022, 12:55:28 am »
A little disappointed at some of the nonsense around this move in recent weeks and it's also a shame if he genuinely didn't think that we appreciated him enough because that definitely wasn't the case.

He was an integral part of so many great moments during his time with us and I wish him well with his new challenge, except if we draw Bayern obviously.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15234 on: June 18, 2022, 01:16:10 am »
Loved the guy, pity it has ended this way.

Sadio "we hardly knew ya"

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #15235 on: June 18, 2022, 01:20:29 am »
Sad he's going and maybe could have left the club in a better way but it is what it is.

Great player and will be sorely missed but we will carry on and hopefully proceed seamlessly without him.

Good luck and all the best Sadio. Just don't score against us if we meet Bayern in Europe.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/d24A34mQDo8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/d24A34mQDo8</a>

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #15236 on: June 18, 2022, 01:41:53 am »
Absolutely gutted.

One of my favourite players. Ever. Absolute beast on the pitch and great lad off it with his charity work and everything else.

Liverpool Legend. Won the fucking lot.

Wish him nothing but the best at Bayern (unless they meet us) and hope he tears it up over there.

Crystal Palace (and the rest!) meanwhile are chuffed to bits, I imagine...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline dmorgan

• Started well, turned out a bit meh.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Going, Going....gone.
« Reply #15237 on: June 18, 2022, 02:38:34 am »
Gutted but if he wants a new challenge, it's up to him
One of my favorite players of all time and hope he shines wherever he plays.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #15238 on: June 18, 2022, 02:40:06 am »
Fuck
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15239 on: June 18, 2022, 03:05:43 am »

The roots of the animosity goes back millennia. Slavery.

And who the biggest buyers of (black) African slaves actually were, and who was responsible for the mutilation and death of the greatest number of black Africans. Something that is written out of our politically correct history books.

Sadio found himself in a far more difficult situation at LFC than most fans will ever realize.

Those who allow their opinion of him to be shaped by his actions and words in the last 3 weeks. and those who have spent pages and pages wondering why he left LFC for Bayern Munich and the Bundesliga ("because the trophies will easier to win") may have missed the point completely.

Look at the photo of Sadio in the victory parade and tell me that is a man who is happy he is leaving.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 03:14:16 am by FLRed67 »