Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760225 times)

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15160 on: June 17, 2022, 06:13:25 pm »
Are you being sarcastic?. He's Senegalese.

But the Ivorians have written a song...

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15161 on: June 17, 2022, 06:17:43 pm »
Are you being sarcastic?. He's Senegalese.

You need to go back a week or so in the thread and you'll understand why.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15162 on: June 17, 2022, 06:19:58 pm »
You need to go back a week or so in the thread and you'll understand why.

or at least gain a 60-70% understanding.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15163 on: June 17, 2022, 06:22:45 pm »
A magnificent transfer (his arrival) for all parties from start to finish, thanks Sadio and all the best.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 06:38:49 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline Guz-kop

• Baz cop
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15164 on: June 17, 2022, 06:42:40 pm »
One of the greatest we'll ever see. Pace, power, great skill, tried high risk but high reward moves with the ball and it paid off so much. In 19/20 looked like he wanted it as much as the fans. Can't think of a single other attacking player who is so good across all 3 positions of the front 3. Perfect amount of needle in him aswell. What a player. All the best Sadio
It's wonderful, it's marvellous, it's 3-3

Online Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15165 on: June 17, 2022, 06:46:44 pm »
Right decision for all parties I think. He’s been an absolute legend for us and hope it goes well for him at Bayern, except in the CL!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15166 on: June 17, 2022, 06:47:10 pm »
I have a very high threshold for 'legend' so it doesn't get overinflated and used too much. I'm yet to decide on whether Sadio really fits that definition or not. Objectively speaking, van Dijk and Salah have meant even more for these runs than he did and are legends already. Alisson sort of made himself invincible with that West Brom goal. Trent will be eventually. Hendo will be one due to his longevity and captaining these Klopp sides. Fabinho is in the running if he keeps up what he does. Robertson too. John Barnes is still the best left winger the club had and as good as Sadio has been he can't live up to what he did.

I'm leaning towards that he'll be known as one down the line but that needs to come with time. Had that shot gone in a couple of weeks ago and he's over that threshold if the team had held on. Fine margins. That being said, I've harsh criteria since I don't think Fowler's prime was long enough to really qualify. I'm a right bastard I guess :D I guess bashing the club on the way out after refusing to sign a new contract doesn't really make me open the hall of fame doors right now. Loyalty is a key thing in being a club legend and I don't feel Sadio really has shown much in that sense. Likewise, very few would call Fernando Torres a Liverpool legend for that reason alone.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 07:08:18 pm by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #15167 on: June 17, 2022, 06:51:10 pm »

I took that picture during the 2018-19 pre-season.

Good Bye Sadio Mane! You scored one of the most underrated goals in football history (vs Bayern). Would it not have been for VVD, you would have surely won the Balon D'Or in 2019. You will be a LEGEND in my eyes. YNWA!

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
« Reply #15168 on: June 17, 2022, 06:52:09 pm »
i love him, he done everything for us we could have dreamed of, im gutted we dont get to say a proper farewell, he is a liverpool legend

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15169 on: June 17, 2022, 06:52:44 pm »
Sadio Mane along with Ali, Virgil, Joel, Robbo, Trent, Hendo, Fab, Gini, Bobby, Milly and Salah ALL played massive parts in winning the biggest prizes of all (and a clean sweep of trophies with the FA Cup and League Cup for a lot of them too), in an era of sportswashers where Liverpool, a club trying to do things the right way, where always fighting against oil cheats.  All are legends.

Online Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15170 on: June 17, 2022, 06:56:34 pm »
I've been pragmatic about this but now that it's pretty much done I'm Sadio to see him go (sorry, not sorry ;D), he was brilliant for the club and all the best to him at Bayern, he'll do well there you feel.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15171 on: June 17, 2022, 06:57:43 pm »
Agreed.

90% of our current squad have won everything there is to win with us.  ALL of them are legends to varying degrees.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15172 on: June 17, 2022, 07:04:31 pm »
So a 29 year old Hazard with one year left on his contract goes for 100M. 30 year old Mane who is quite obviously a better player leaves for almost a quarter of that amount. The club has done a lot of smart deals over the past few years, this one has failure written all over it.
Hazard was Chelsea's best player at the time and probably had more hype due to his playstyle and perception he was at his peak. In contrast to Mane who although had a great season, is down the list in terms of players we would let go. Maybe that's unfair on him but it's definitely true that Hazard was Chelsea's main man and I wouldn't say he was ours. Chelsea also probably would have paid Hazard anything whereas we won't Mane. So yeah it's clear to me why it took a lower bid.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #15173 on: June 17, 2022, 07:06:45 pm »
Thanks for your service Sadio.

Good luck at your new side, except if you play us.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #15174 on: June 17, 2022, 07:18:05 pm »
Nothing but good wishes to Sadio, his signing was the catalyst for the recent good times.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15175 on: June 17, 2022, 07:23:50 pm »
Would it not have been for VVD, you would have surely won the Balon D'Or in 2019.

VVD didn't even win it  ???

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15176 on: June 17, 2022, 07:27:23 pm »
Adios Mane

Online stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #15177 on: June 17, 2022, 07:31:43 pm »
A big loss as he is one of the top players in the world. He linked up well with Robertson.

One of my favourite players…..thanks for the great times Sadio.
#JFT97

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15178 on: June 17, 2022, 07:34:02 pm »
Hazard was Chelsea's best player at the time and probably had more hype due to his playstyle and perception he was at his peak. In contrast to Mane who although had a great season, is down the list in terms of players we would let go. Maybe that's unfair on him but it's definitely true that Hazard was Chelsea's main man and I wouldn't say he was ours. Chelsea also probably would have paid Hazard anything whereas we won't Mane. So yeah it's clear to me why it took a lower bid.

I've not been the match for ages, then my mate took me to the Chelsea home game 2016, end of Klopps first season. Was front row in the Upper Kenny, half way line. Noticed one player was the stand out player, he was head and shoulders the best player on the pitch, took me a bit to realise it was Hazard, he scored their goal that night and was just a constant threat.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #15179 on: June 17, 2022, 07:38:22 pm »
It's always sad when a favourite leaves. Last year it was Gini this year Sadio. The signings of Gini and Sadio were the earliest indications of how good a judge of player Jurgen would be at Anfield. To recoup our outlay six years on is phenomenal. He gave us great service and good luck to him.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15180 on: June 17, 2022, 07:42:24 pm »
An absolutely bargain buy for us and probably the same for Bayern as he will give them top class a few years still. Sad to see him go but that's football/sport these days as guys will want their last big contract n he will double his income there im guessing. Best of luck!!!
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15181 on: June 17, 2022, 07:42:53 pm »
All the best Sadio. Thanks for the performances, hard work and professionalism while you were here.

On another note I hope the nigerians are happy now

They are. But unfortunately, there are now reports of sporadic violence along the Senegal-Guinea border.

Apparently, 60 to 70% of Guineans are demanding that Naby Keita leave. There has long been simmering discontent with his song. They wanted something by Mory Kante, in compound meter, with a Cuban feel to it. Claims that the club hierarchy never responded. Now Mory is dead .   .    .

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #15182 on: June 17, 2022, 07:43:44 pm »
Sadio you'll never read this but i freaking love you, man.

Go get some nice n' easy Bundesliga and DFB Pokal titles for your CV, you deserve it!!!
The change is cast

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15183 on: June 17, 2022, 07:44:46 pm »
One of my absolute favourite players, I have loved watching him play for us. He is a total footballer, as deadly in attack as he his hard working in defence, and an ultimate team player. In another team he might've shined even brighter as an individual, but he's always adapted to the team and Klopp's demands to get the most out of the whole rather than be in the centre of attention himself.

I'm sad to see him leave, but can understand it from both his and the club's perspective. He's won everything with us and it's natural to seek a new challange, and from our perspective - with our iconic attacking trio all getting towards the end of their careers - some very tough decisions have to be made. To let him go now might just be for the best long term, but regardless, I can only wish Sadio all the best at Bayern. What a player.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15184 on: June 17, 2022, 07:46:55 pm »
Sadio you'll never read this but i freaking love you, man.

Go get some nice n' easy Bundesliga and DFB Pokal titles for your CV, you deserve it!!!

What you on about? Sadio is a regular visitor to RAWK.

Online PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15185 on: June 17, 2022, 07:49:32 pm »
2016 against Arsenal I knew we signed a beast…

Good luck Sadio and thank you.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #15186 on: June 17, 2022, 07:55:17 pm »
Players come, players go. Onto the next chapter.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15187 on: June 17, 2022, 07:55:18 pm »
His poor 20-21 still scored 16 goals in all comps. He has contributed majorly for all 6 years he has been here and will be missed. Hope he smashes it, except against us of course

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #15188 on: June 17, 2022, 07:56:25 pm »
Great player..great lad...gave us one of the most memorable moments with his spat with Mo at Burnly and resulting Bobby pic ;D...but more than anything. after 30 painful years he was a crucial part of the team that delivered the Holy Grail.

Go with a blessing.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:00:03 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #15189 on: June 17, 2022, 08:09:29 pm »
Mané-Twitter is berserk. A cohort of lads from Africa somehow creating a division between Mané and LFC. The club, its fans holding him back. Not appreciating him. Favouring Salah. Wild.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15190 on: June 17, 2022, 08:09:31 pm »
Gutted. I wish him all the best. Fantastic player, better human. Sorry you couldn't stick around one more year and get the fond farewell you deserve. Go tear up Bundesliga. Ciao, Sadio.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #15191 on: June 17, 2022, 08:10:36 pm »
Really sorry to see him go. He is a Liverpool fc legend as most of this current team are and will no doubt go on to be. We can’t keep the front three forever. The team evolves and new heroes will emerge.
Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15192 on: June 17, 2022, 08:10:56 pm »
Just one of those transfer where there should be no ill will at all,

Great player for us, has given 6 years of exceptional service, leaves for more than we paid and goes to another great club where I wish him all the best (except if we draw them in the CL next season :) )

Best of luck Sadio

I second this.  The odds of getting a player in his prime, him achieve so much and perform so well, and then selling for more than cost ain't the norm.

All the best, Sadio Mane!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15193 on: June 17, 2022, 08:13:30 pm »
Mané-Twitter is berserk. A cohort of lads from Africa somehow creating a division between Mané and LFC. The club, its fans holding him back. Not appreciating him. Favouring Salah. Wild.

Why would you be bothered? They are of the same intelligence level as people who post on ESPN comments, Newspaper comment sections, etc.

It really attracts some dumb dumb dumb folks.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15194 on: June 17, 2022, 08:16:18 pm »

At least these will all fuck off and go and annoy Bayern instead.

Online Red-4-Ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15195 on: June 17, 2022, 08:20:58 pm »
Why would you be bothered? They are of the same intelligence level as people who post on ESPN comments, Newspaper comment sections, etc.

It really attracts some dumb dumb dumb folks.

Yep, I was on Twitter for over a decade but packed it in (and all social media) a few years back - I haven't missed it or the the absolute bullcrap that goes on on it which had began to outweigh any good, sane thinking IMO.
Do yourselves a favour folks - give it a swerve and you'll realise a lot of the 'opinions' you see there are pretty much only confined to there. You'll be all the better for it, trust me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15196 on: June 17, 2022, 08:21:25 pm »
At least these will all fuck off and go and annoy Bayern instead.

A lad earlier took offense with a lad calling Sadio a great servant for the Club.

They're off their fucking heads.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15197 on: June 17, 2022, 08:27:26 pm »

Who gives a fuck? If they are pissed off with our apparent treatment of Mane, or Klopp’s comments on the AFCON, then they can get fucked. Nobody should really give a shit, we shouldnt be in the business of having to try to appease anyone, be it twitter fans, genuine fans, a country or continent.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 08:29:27 pm by killer-heels »

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15198 on: June 17, 2022, 08:33:20 pm »
What's the first image it comes to mind when you think of Klopp's Liverpool? Origi's second against Barcelona, after Trent's fast corner? Alisson's injury-time winner against West Brom? Any of Salah's breathtaking individual goals? While I cherish all those moments, they are not the first ones on my mind.

When I think of this Liverpool team, I think of the swarming of opposition players on possession, like a pack of wild dogs after a prey. The havoc created by the constant pressing and movement. The panic in the defender's eyes when they found themselves with the ball at their feet on the edge of the area, knowing full well someone in red is gonna knick it. The way this team almost forces the ball into the net by sheer collective power of will. And whenever I think of some of those instances, in my mind, it's always Sadio Mané leading the charge.

In an era where everything must be quantified by those who think empirical understanding is not reliable and inherently biased, Sadio's impact on a football pitch goes way beyond his stats. The way he plays the game, perfectly embodies what this Liverpool team is all about. The intensity. The physicality. The speed and skill. Most importantly, the unwavering will to win. He was perfect for us, and we were perfect for him. No two ways about it.

Much like Suarez before him, he isn't the most consistent player on a technical level. There would be instances where his touch would be too heavy. Where his close control would be too loose. Where he would miss a simple finish or a pass. But also like Suarez, he would have these incredible moments of pure instinctive genius. Moments that let you in awe of his quickness of mind. Of the sheer audacity to try those things. More than anything, he's absolutely fearless on a football pitch. He never hides, in any instance, no matter the result. He chases after every loose ball, with the speed and intensity that must bring nightmares to his rivals. And you could always count on him delivering when we most needed it, even if he was playing like crap.

This team will be different after him, it'll have to be. You can't just replace Mané, he's too unique. His skillset, too specific. I don't think the full impact of his departure has been realized by the fans yet. But who other than Klopp would you want in charge of that transition? And who's to say that the next chapter won't be as or even more successful than the last? 

It will feel different though.

Thanks for everything and good luck Sadio, you mad instinctive genius.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2022, 11:35:59 pm by Lastrador »

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15199 on: June 17, 2022, 08:40:14 pm »
Eventhough we've known for a while it's still very sad to see such a popular person leave the club.

He'll be missed, but hopefully not in a footballing sense.