Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1764624 times)

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15080 on: June 17, 2022, 03:49:39 pm »
Not the best deal for us regarding the fee but have absolutely no problem with him leaving whatsoever. He's been a model professional for us for 6 seasons, won the fucking lot and helped kick start a new glory era for the club. An undisputed legend.

Lets just hope his form drops off a cliff at Bayern proving us right to sell him rather than keep him for a year.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15081 on: June 17, 2022, 03:50:59 pm »
I heard it was 420k/pw.

What are they smoking at the Allianz?

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #15082 on: June 17, 2022, 03:52:43 pm »
In the not so dim and distant past I used to hate it when good players left the club without winning anything with us.

Not the case now, though.  And that front line with him, Bobby and Mo, something else when it clicked.

Good luck Sadio, lots of great memories and great goals.   :wave

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15083 on: June 17, 2022, 03:54:51 pm »
When a player will only go to one club, and wants to leave, then that leaves the selling club with only a little room for manouver.  It is what it is, Mane doesn’t want to be here, getting him out before pre-season was important.  It could have got a little messy.

The same reason we got Nunez for £64m+ instead of the reported £100m that Benfica wanted. United were willing to pay more apparently.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15084 on: June 17, 2022, 03:55:15 pm »
Not the best deal for us regarding the fee but have absolutely no problem with him leaving whatsoever. He's been a model professional for us for 6 seasons, won the fucking lot and helped kick start a new glory era for the club. An undisputed legend.

Lets just hope his form drops off a cliff at Bayern proving us right to sell him rather than keep him for a year.

Thats a bit grim.

I hope he smashes it in the Bundesliga, and his replacement smashes it here. And if we end up playing them in Europe, then we'll smash them there.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15085 on: June 17, 2022, 03:58:39 pm »
What are they smoking at the Allianz?

No idea, I'm just going to artificially add to the rumoured numbers until someone comes up with the definitive number.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15086 on: June 17, 2022, 04:00:40 pm »
End of an era.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15087 on: June 17, 2022, 04:01:58 pm »
Wish him all the best, and hope he’s a massive success apart from if we play them.
He always tried his bollocks off for us..one of my favourite players. Good luck

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15088 on: June 17, 2022, 04:03:30 pm »
All the best to him.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15089 on: June 17, 2022, 04:04:43 pm »
Gutted he's going.

Bloody love the man. Works hard and has the talent to back it up. End of an era.

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #15090 on: June 17, 2022, 04:05:01 pm »
Thats a bit grim.

I hope he smashes it in the Bundesliga, and his replacement smashes it here. And if we end up playing them in Europe, then we'll smash them there.

Probably, the pessimist in me doesn't want to see anyone leave us and have a good time though.

He's too good not to do well there anyway.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15091 on: June 17, 2022, 04:05:32 pm »
Thanks for being an unbelievable player. So many great goals and moments. Still think his best goal is making Neuer look like Pickford and is a great exmaple of some of what made him so good, just really smart, unpredictable and a genuine two-footed goal threat.

Shame he doenst get a proper send off. I know some will say he could have said he was planning on leaving but think one of your first team players saying that in the run up to a Champions League final and League title push would have went down terribly at the time.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15092 on: June 17, 2022, 04:09:21 pm »
Gutted to see him go. I'll never forget his first goal for the club against Arsenal. The start of something truly special. Always gave his all for the shirt, no matter how well or badly things were going on the pitch - we'll miss that mentality. Hope he smashes it there.

Great deal for Bayern at that price. That's a club that feels like it's gone a bit stale and needs an injection of what Mane brings on and off the pitch.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15093 on: June 17, 2022, 04:10:40 pm »
Considering the market is very, very different to what it was pre-COVID....no-one really knows if its a great fee or not. They just paid £15 million odd for one of the most promising CMs in the world because he's got a year left on his contract. Jesus, Sterling, Lewa, Skriniar, Kante, Asensio, Lemar, Tielemans, Ruiz, Rashford and Gnabry all have contracts expiring next summer and are linked with moves. Gnabry will be an interesting one. If they end up losing him on a free, or for similar money, it suddenly doesn't look like an amazing deal.

To me it looks like a great deal because they get an amazing player for a few years who still is more than capable of performing at an immensely high level. Not sure I would judge it relative to other deals, for all we know they know something in Gnabry's make up and that doesn't make it worth giving him the money he wants.

In terms of us, the fee doesn't bother me in the slightest. We clearly don't need the money desperately and he was always going. Seeing as we were willing to let him go on a free, any money is fine.

Offline ABZ Rover

• Legacy Fan
  • Hates Poodles
« Reply #15094 on: June 17, 2022, 04:10:49 pm »
Thanks for all your efforts for the club Sadio, sorry to see you go.

Best of luck in the Deutsch Farmers League 😁
97 stars burning bright, forever watching over day or night

12/09/12 Truth Day!   Justice Day is coming... it arrived 26/04/16!

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15095 on: June 17, 2022, 04:11:49 pm »
Goodbye Sadio! Just an absolutely amazing player. Thanks for all the special moments. Liverpool legend forever.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #15096 on: June 17, 2022, 04:12:59 pm »
We'd knock them sideways and I'd love it.  Nothing against Mane, but fuck Bayern.

Then sing his song for him…( apparently it wasn’t sung enough).

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15097 on: June 17, 2022, 04:13:21 pm »
:D

A mixture of 'Good luck Sadio, what a servant he's been', photos and gifs of great moments, photos of the 'Champions Wall' before and after..... and 'Fuck sake we've been absolutely buggared by Bayern here, Hazard went for £100 million with a year left on his contract so really we should have got at least £150 million' incoming.

This
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15098 on: June 17, 2022, 04:13:24 pm »
I'll miss him scoring seemingly half his goals where he ended up on his arse.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #15099 on: June 17, 2022, 04:15:04 pm »
All the best Sadio.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15100 on: June 17, 2022, 04:17:44 pm »
Gutted he's gone and we didn't really get to say goodbye.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15101 on: June 17, 2022, 04:18:45 pm »

This
Erm pretty sure he was bein sarcy
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #15102 on: June 17, 2022, 04:18:57 pm »
Not so sure Mane was better than Hazard when Hazard played in the prem. Granted he has done nothing since but he was pretty awesome for Chelsea.

Maybe so, but the difference wasn't !00m to 27.5m

I know Covid and everything (plus an age difference), but that does feel Bayern got the better deal.

I know this sounds petty, but I think a £30m initial fee with £5m in add-ons would look better for some reason. But I think £35m plus £5m was the 'even stevens' figure.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15103 on: June 17, 2022, 04:20:11 pm »
Accepting a low-ball offer like this surely must mean there's a new Salah deal around the corner? Otherwise it's a bit mad.

Sadio didn't win himself many friends with the press conference antics. He's been an exceptional player, has formed the best inside forward duo in football's modern era and fought hard for LFC but obviously losing Mo would be much grimmer, no matter what the Senegalese Ballon d'Or army would have you believe :wave
Linudden.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15104 on: June 17, 2022, 04:22:04 pm »
Not sure how I feel. I'm honestly numb since sitting in Anfield at the Wolves game, it's beginning to worry me a little mentally.

Undoubtedly an absolute legend, gutted he's gone, fee seems low but, not happy with how he conducted himself in the week leading up to the CL final, the bollocks that's come out about Senegal since and I've been frustrated watching him a lot this season.

Hopefully the numbness lifts by August the 6th.

Good luck, Sadio.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15105 on: June 17, 2022, 04:22:21 pm »
To me it looks like a great deal because they get an amazing player for a few years who still is more than capable of performing at an immensely high level. Not sure I would judge it relative to other deals, for all we know they know something in Gnabry's make up and that doesn't make it worth giving him the money he wants.

In terms of us, the fee doesn't bother me in the slightest. We clearly don't need the money desperately and he was always going. Seeing as we were willing to let him go on a free, any money is fine.

So how can you say its a great deal then? :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DHRED

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15106 on: June 17, 2022, 04:23:08 pm »
I think he’ll regret leaving

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15107 on: June 17, 2022, 04:24:15 pm »
Sadio Mane’s Liverpool career:⁣

269 appearances⁣
120 goals⁣
38 assists⁣

Premier League⁣
Champions League⁣
Club World Cup⁣
Super Cup⁣
FA Cup⁣
League Cup⁣

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15108 on: June 17, 2022, 04:25:11 pm »
Accepting a low-ball offer like this surely must mean there's a new Salah deal around the corner? Otherwise it's a bit mad.

Sadio didn't win himself many friends with the press conference antics. He's been an exceptional player, has formed the best inside forward duo in football's modern era and fought hard for LFC but obviously losing Mo would be much grimmer, no matter what the Senegalese Ballon d'Or army would have you believe :wave

It's not low-ball, it is what it is.  A deal that every party are perfectly fine with.  Bayern pay a reasonable fee, we receive a decent-ish fee( seeing as he fucks off for nothing next year) and Mane experiences something different in the twilight of his career while getting handsomely compensated.  It's kind of a perfect outcome for everyone.

Offline Andypandimonium

• Kopite
« Reply #15109 on: June 17, 2022, 04:26:44 pm »
Feels like the end of an era. Sadio has been the epitome of Klopp-ball in his time at Liverpool and I will miss him. Will be strange not having him on the pitch next season. He has won the lot though and he goes with my best wishes. Would have been nice to have won another PL and/or CL but wasn't to be. Gave his all and provided many fantastic memories. Hope he smashes the Bundesliga and we will meet again soon.

Good luck Sadio  :champ

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15110 on: June 17, 2022, 04:27:45 pm »

He'll tear up that farmers league. Ribery and Robben were banging goals in until mid 30s and he's just as good.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15111 on: June 17, 2022, 04:27:58 pm »
Well, no one thought we were signing the player he became when we first got him, went on to be one of the top players in the world. Thanks and all the best to him.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15112 on: June 17, 2022, 04:31:25 pm »
Gutted he is going but for him maybe he didn't feel like staying when he has millions more getting thrown at him elsewhere, that's football I suppose.

Could be wrong but have a feeling Klopp's genius will again be shown in watching Mane at Bayern, just because you pull a diamond from the rough and make them world class ala Robbo, Fabio, Salah, etc, doesn't mean they will stay that way once they leave the club. 

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15113 on: June 17, 2022, 04:41:35 pm »

Not really.

He's won everything to be won English football and won the CL.

He will no doubt win the league in German for the next 3 years or however he is there for. Score a load of games and get far in the CL most years.

He wanted a change it would seem.

He has been great for us. Gutted he is leaving but it is what it is.

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15114 on: June 17, 2022, 04:41:56 pm »
Class player. Gutted he is leaving. Class person and lovely man off the pitch too. Thanks for all the memories Sadio.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15115 on: June 17, 2022, 04:42:34 pm »
So how can you say its a great deal then? :D

Because i gave an opinion at this time. But that opinion could end up being wrong if he doesnt perform.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15116 on: June 17, 2022, 04:45:21 pm »
Pretty disappointing, but what can you do.

Thanks for the memories Sadio
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15117 on: June 17, 2022, 04:46:04 pm »
Not really.

He's won everything to be won English football and won the CL.

He will no doubt win the league in German for the next 3 years or however he is there for. Score a load of games and get far in the CL most years.

He wanted a change it would seem.

He has been great for us. Gutted he is leaving but it is what it is.

He'll also get a lot less adulation (if he thinks he doesn't get it here he's in for a big shock), and more to the point he's joining a club who don't look nearly as well set for the future as the one he's just left.

Online Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #15118 on: June 17, 2022, 04:49:54 pm »
Just sitting here rocking, remembering him chip Ben Foster with a backheel.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15119 on: June 17, 2022, 04:52:46 pm »
WHAT A PLAYER.

Thanks for the memories Sadio. It was an absolute privilege to watch you do it in our famous Red.

Very best wishes to him at Bayern. Would be nice if we meet him again in the Champions League