Author Topic: Schools  (Read 1044 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: Schools
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2024, 06:40:44 pm »
I think there is a place for it in certain circumstances, particularly with SEN children. However, even some of those haven't given the schools and local authorities a chance to work with them finding an educational setting that fits.

For those that don't have SEN children and it's a lifestyle choice, I'm quite against it. They will not develop both the educational and social skills that children attending a school will.

I don’t see how it works unless in the most minority of cases. I was pretty good at school, and I still remember a fair bit of it I’d say, but can’t I remember it well enough to teach it? No, I’d have to learn it with the kids if I was home schooling and if I don’t know it how can I teach it? And one of the reasons I don’t really like the idea of faith based schools is that school might be faith based, but life isn’t. You have to work with people of all different backgrounds in life and home schooling would just make that even harder for a child when they finish home schooling and have to go to college or university or work.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.