Author Topic: Youth Cup Match Report: Liverpool 6-0 Carlisle  (Read 10962 times)

Offline GavRef

• Kopite
Re: Youth Cup Match Report: Liverpool 6-0 Carlisle
« Reply #40 on: March 1, 2006, 11:54:30 pm »
Where are the semi's being played ? 

Semis' are 2 leg affairs, we're at home in the first leg to Southampton, on Friday, March 10th, 7pm K/O at Anfield once again :wave

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Youth Cup Match Report: Liverpool 6-0 Carlisle
« Reply #41 on: March 3, 2006, 12:58:09 pm »
I swear that's all our midfielders get taught to do in training.

it's definately coming off too ;) It's something I try on occassion (the closest being a grazed post with the keeper standing on the pen spot staring at the goal having given up chasing back), but I always like a look and have often stood in a ground and thought 'just turn and ping it!'. It's been great to see Xabi having digs from way out and the 200 quid bet that someone layed on him getting a goal from his own half wasn't put down by an idiot..

Having someone shout 'wish you'd fucking give it up you twat!' is the usual flip side of course, but that Hamill strike is a belter... 2.36 seconds it took to go in and the ball had backspin on it - having Riise strike it like a free kick from inside his half and who knows -the ball does eventually come down.

Great read Adam, very encouraging. Rafa, get one of these strikers on the bench v Benfica.. you know it makes sense ;)