Author Topic: Stoke 0 - 1 Liverpool Half-Time Chit-Chat  (Read 1278 times)

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
Stoke 0 - 1 Liverpool Half-Time Chit-Chat
« on: January 5, 2016, 08:47:18 pm »

Stoke City v Liverpool
05/01/2016
Capital One Cup Semi-Final

v

Commentary Thread.

Excellent start by Liverpool, no doubt spurred on by the West Ham defeat. Always good to go to the Britannia and dampen the mood from the off - only a goal for me would have topped the first 15 minutes. As Oddball has said,

It may 'only' be the Capital One Cup. But it's the first leg of a semi final and a win over the two legs would give Juergen Klopp his first trip to Wembley with LFC after only weeks in charge.

Never good to see a player hobble off - I didn't catch it myself, any updates?

Talking points for me are directly linked with the January Transfer Window - I won't make any bones about my personal opinion, but that first ten minutes, exemplified the issue(s) that we currently have in the striker department. Lallana has looked spritely, but I can't help but think that there are a number of players who could perform similar functions (that are currently at our club).

Another injury - it was brought up in the Commentary Thread:

Wow. Another hamstring injury. You have to wonder... Can that be a coincidence?

No recognised defender on the bench for the Reds. We'll have to drop Lucas to CB and bring on Milner would be my guess?

Good point I thought!

This game had/has all the hallmarks of a classic Capital Cup slogfest - battled in the midfield with a bit of steele. What I've seen since JK has come on board is this side of our game. Regardless of results, he is hardening us up a bit; and I think teams like Stoke, will not bully us like they once did.

Excellent first half.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
Re: Stoke 0 - 1 Liverpool Half-Time Chit-Chat
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2016, 08:49:00 pm »
These candy stripes have nothing for us.