Author Topic: UEFA Europa League - Liverpool 2 vs Bordeaux 1 (Saivet, Milner (p) Benteke)  (Read 7448 times)

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan

Firstly, a heartfelt welcome to our French guests. I’m sure that you’ll get a big Klopp-like virtual hug from us.

FC Bordeaux take their name from the Girondists, a late 18th Century Jacobin group that campaigned for the end of the monarchy but later failed in their attempt to resist the spiralling momentum of the Revolution.   

Despite coming back twice on Sunday to earn a hard fought away draw, their current form does not suggest that they will be any more successful on Thursday night, when the corkscrewing energy that we’re building up under Jurgen Klopp should overwhelm our visitors.

Head 2 Head

Recent Meetings

Current Form - All competitions

A wise man once said you can’t do better than go away from home and get a draw. One of Brendan’s last hurrahs was to do just that in the corresponding fixture in (the factually accurate but horrendously named) ‘Matchday 1’. Brendan received some warm and some lukewarm comments for blooding a fair few youngsters at the ultra-modern Matmut Atlantique which is surely the prettiest football stadium, Plough Lane excepted, known to humankind and makes our refurb of the Main Stand look rather unimaginative. (What is  the French for 'your stadium development is fuckin' shite' ?)

But as another, equally wise man once said, no-one hands you cups on a plate and with this in mind I think we will see a much stronger line-up for the return fixture, particularly as a win takes us through to the knockout stages.

There has been much talk of our inability to replicate recent exciting away league form at home so this game – against opponents who have the joint third worst defensive record in Ligue 1 and who have lost all five of their previous matches in England without scoring – surely provides the ideal opportunity to capitalise on Saturday evening’s watershed performance and result?     

A chance, then, for the team to banish the anxiety that has been hanging over Anfield like yellow fog on the Mersey with a display of working class ballet to get bums off seats (and to stop bums heading for the exits) for 90+ minutes, even if our Premier Danseur Noble has tweaked a hammy. 

And with their revolutionary choreographer standing on the touchline, urging them not to accept an incomplete victory, I predict an absolute cracker.

Bordeaux Injuries
Jussie, Bellion, Brechet (doubt), Rolan (doubt)

Liverpool Injuries

TEAMS

LIVERPOOL

22 Mignolet
    02 Clyne
    04 K Touré
    06 Lovren
    18 Moreno
    24 Allen
    21 Lucas
    11 Firmino
    07 Milner
    33 Ibe
    09 Benteke

SUBS

20 Lallana
    23 Can
    27 Origi
    32 Brannagan
    34 Bogdan
    37 Skrtel
    56 Randall

BORDEAUX

16 Carrasso
    17 Biyogo Poko
    06 Sane
    21 Yambéré
    03 Contento
    18 Plasil
    11 Chantôme
    10 Saivet
    09 Rolan
    20 Ferreira Vieira
    27 Crivelli

SUBS

07 Traoré
    14 Diabaté
    19 Maurice-Belay
    26 Guilbert
    29 Poundje
    30 Prior
    37 Ounas

REF

Alon Yefet
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:52:57 pm by oddball »
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: liverpool vs Bordeaux
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 08:01:29 pm »
Thanks Gregorio

;D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
Re: liverpool vs Bordeaux
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 08:04:10 pm »
Bordeaux players holding up a 'Thank You' banner.

:)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
Re: UEFA Europa League - Liverpool (0) vs Bordeaux (0)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 08:04:15 pm »
Bordeaux team holding up a large THANK YOU banner with UK and French flags on it. As far as I can see, that's just about the only flag/banner flying tonight.........

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 08:05:14 pm »
5 seconds Jim.
 ;)

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 08:05:36 pm »

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 08:06:20 pm »
0' LFC to KO.
We're off.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 08:09:24 pm »
Rubin Kazan beat Sion earlier today 2-0 so a win and we go through.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 08:09:25 pm »
2' Bordeaux  make inroads into our area but are crowded out.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 08:12:02 pm »
5 Moreno just crossed it right into a defenders face from 3 yards. Ouch.
Corner.
Cleared.
Ball is played through to Firmino but a first time left foot swinger drops into the keeps hands.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 08:13:23 pm »
7' Another corner, ball bounces around but drops out for a GK

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 08:15:32 pm »
8 Lucas drops a pinpoint 30 yard lofted pass right onto Firmino's right boot, he just can't control it and it's through to the keeper.
Commentator just said that Daniel is having a scan as we speak.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 08:17:40 pm »
11' Evertything is half a yard 'off' at the moment.
Milner crosses but the keeper just beats Benteke to the ball

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 08:18:40 pm »

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2015, 08:20:36 pm »
The scream this lad made after being tackled by Benteke makes me thing he has had his heart ripped out Temple Of Doom style.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 08:21:15 pm »
The scream this lad made after being tackled by Benteke makes me thing he has had his heart ripped out Temple Of Doom style.

Oh he's up and fine ::)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 08:22:09 pm »
15' Evening everybody (Just like David Pleat) games a bit at to end at the moment, Bordeaux are seeing a little more of the ball,
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:22:41 pm by 24/7 »

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 08:22:28 pm »
14' Mignolet tries to be cute with a clearance and heads it right to  Bordeaux player, Toure with a Schmeical-esque leap blocks it, ball falls to Lucas who dribbles pat one player, before nutmegging another one 6 yards from goal  :o

Over to Oddball

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 08:23:15 pm »
Im sure you will all be pleased to know that Spurs have qualified for the round of 32.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:02:04 pm by oddball »

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 08:23:19 pm »
13' Time going backwards, like Lucas. Time to nutmeg the Tardis....

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 08:24:00 pm »
14' Mignolet tries to be cute with a clearance and heads it right to  Bordeaux player, Toure with a Schmeical-esque leap blocks it, ball falls to Lucas who dribbles pat one player, before nutmegging another one 6 yards from goal  :o

Over to Oddball

Opps, little cross over but all good cheers mate ;)

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 08:24:36 pm »
Given your on going Internet connection woes are you sure you're not accidentally watching a live stream of our 2006 Champions League game v Bordeaux?

Know what Nick, we've had a load of power cuts up here today, and my internet has been dire since.
 :(

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 08:24:56 pm »
18' Bordeaux fans in good voice, and now the Kop sing back....for 8 seconds.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 08:26:20 pm »
19' We are all up. Clyne makes a great run. All Milner has to do is play a diagonal ball to him splitting the RB and CB. He gives it the RB and they break and win a FK not too far out...

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 08:26:58 pm »
20' Saivet takes it and hits the wall. He gets to the rebound and fires well over.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »
21' Benteke just wide...

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 08:28:12 pm »
Celtic, after having taken the lead in a must-win game, have just conceded. 1-1 there.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 08:28:28 pm »
A ball 'round the corner' from Milner, making up for his earlier pass. Benteke chests it down and hits it on the half volly, but it whistles past the keepers near post.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2015, 08:28:47 pm »
Celtic, after having taken the lead in a must-win game, have just conceded. 1-1 there.

Good, come on Ajax.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 08:29:52 pm »
22' Play in between Clyne and Milner down our right. Ball whipped in by Milner but the CB beats Allen to the header.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 08:30:09 pm »
We're into the 24th minute here and it's still goalless. By Evertonian measurements, that means Bordeaux is a better team than Man City ;)

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 08:30:45 pm »
23' More good work on the right. Milner cuts it back to Allen on the edge of the box who seemed to kick into the ground and the ball trickle wide.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 08:31:50 pm »
24' Ibe beats his man on the left and puts a tremendous ball in, but Benteke looked like he just left it. Big man like him should have been on that.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 08:33:35 pm »
26' Toure marauds forward. Ball gets knocked around a little and eventually comes back to Toure who, after the crowed screaming Shhooooooot does just that, but high and wide.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 08:35:33 pm »
28' Ibes gone down the right and put a nice ball through to Benteke who is offside. Benteke does put it away and the crowd erupts, then they see the flag.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 08:36:24 pm »
30' Over to TGF

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 08:36:47 pm »
Evening lads... will take you to the half now.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 08:37:20 pm »
31' Passing around in the back and the midfield, over to Milner to the right and throw in for the away team.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 08:38:55 pm »
31' Good cross from the French side and Clyne gets behind just on time to win it for the keeper.

And what's happened here, Mignolet took too long to pass it forward? Given a free kick inside the box.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2015, 08:39:38 pm »
Just schoolboyish, immature and amateurish there. Mignolet really, really should know better than that. It was at least 22 seconds' possession by him.