Author Topic: Man U 3 V 1 Liverpool (Blind 48' Herrera pen 69' Benteke 84' Martial 86')  (Read 10451 times)

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
TEAMS

Manchester U - De Gea, Darmian, Smalling, Blind, Shaw; Carrick, Schweinsteiger, Mata, Herrera, Memphis, Fellaini.
Subs - Romero, McNair, Rojo, Schneiderlin, Valencia, Young, Martial

Liverpool -  Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Lovren, Gomez, Lucas, Milner, Can, Firmino, Ings, Benteke
Subs - Bogdan, Toure, Sakho, Origi, Ibe, Rossiter, Moreno.

Ref - Michael Oliver
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 07:14:48 pm by oddball »
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
Re: Man U V Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »
Our pre match huddle getting booed...waiting for the whistle...here we go.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:13 pm »
Liverpool in all white.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 05:31:59 pm »
1' Early attack from us but Benteke's pass was too heavy for Clyne and its out for a throw.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »
3' All United so far. The 2 times weve had the ball its been hit long to Benteke.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 05:34:20 pm »
4-3-3 by the look of it, at least in the early stages, with Ings out left and Firmino on the right.

I defer to Rodgers as a tactician but with Firmino enjoying more joy in his club career as a no. 10, and Ings more of an out-and-out striker, would a 4-4-2 diamond not work better?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 05:34:54 pm »
3' Clyne with a heavy back pass to Mignolet whos kick drops to a Utd player...it comes to nothing.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 05:35:43 pm »
3' We break out, Ing to Benteke who turns his man and gets fouled in the process. We end up playing the ball backwards and United win it off us.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 05:37:26 pm »
5' Again we look long for Benteke from defence. Possessions now Uniteds.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 05:38:05 pm »
United fans cheering DDG, the man who tried very hard to leave them this summer.

If his new contract doesn't have a release fee in it, I'm a Dutchman.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2015, 05:39:14 pm »
6' Wow...On the edge of his box Mignolets catches the ball. He then rolls it out and Mata sticks his leg out and deflects it to Fellaini who fortunatly shoots over...from the resulting goal kick Skrtel gets in trouble and we have invited pressure now.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2015, 05:39:51 pm »
Neville: "Someone needs to explain to Liverpool's goalkeeper and centre-backs that they're not very good on the ball. They keep trying to play it out under pressure."

Harsh but probably fair, at least on this evidence. Some bizarre decision making and we look very shaky. I'm not going to start a Lovren v Sakho debate, but for the way we seem to be trying to play it does seem that the Frenchman would be more suited, he's a better passer and looks more comfortable on the ball.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 05:41:59 pm by JerseyKopite »

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2015, 05:41:18 pm »
9' A very rare attack from us breaks down and United come at us. Lovren fouls (Walking in) Memphis...ref doesnt give it.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2015, 05:41:58 pm »
Neville: "Someone needs to explain to Liverpool's goalkeeper and centre-backs that they're not very good on the ball. They keep trying to play it out under pressure."

Harsh but probably fair, at least on this evidence. Some bizarre decision making and we look very shaky.

Yup, we either try and play it out and lose it, or pump it to Benteke and lose it, so far.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2015, 05:42:33 pm »
Ings is practically playing as a LM. I don't really get the system. If Gomez needs cover we'd have been better off playing Moreno out there. If Ings is on, he needs to be further up so he can play off Benteke.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 05:42:55 pm »
10' United with a great change. Fantastic ball from Carrick to Darmian who puts in a great low cross in the box but Lucas gets his foot on it, plays it out to Gomez and we go long...and lose it.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 05:44:18 pm »
Ings is practically playing as a LM. I don't really get the system. If Gomez needs cover we'd have been better off playing Moreno out there. If Ings is on, he needs to be further up so he can play off Benteke.

Yea without the ball we have him on the left, Lucas and Can in the middle and Milner on the right of a 4.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 05:45:41 pm »
13m and 51 seconds and after looking to double check if he'd started, Firmino gets his foot on the ball via a tackle on Shaw.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 05:46:47 pm »
14' Clyne has just hit it out for a corner when he could have made himself a brew he had that much time and space. From that corner United win another on the other side...

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 05:47:26 pm »
15' That corner headed out by Benteke but United come again...we clear.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 05:48:55 pm »
16 - United still trying long balls, we're just about dealing at the moment.

No possession though, very frustrating.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 05:49:54 pm »
16 - United still trying long balls, we're just about dealing at the moment.

No possession though, very frustrating.

We are absolutely awful so far.

Dont forget readers, you can send us your thoughts via pm.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 05:50:11 pm »
17 - Good interception by Lucas but he gives it away. We need to be more careful on the ball and try to keep it for a while. United switching from right to left and back. Clyne and Milner combine to pinch it back.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 05:51:29 pm »
18 - Better. Another loose pass but Benteke chases it down, it loops up and he uses his stength to win it. Lay off to Can who runs in down the left but Darmian clears.

Great cross from Gomez, Shaw clears under pressure from Benteke and Clyne smacks the shot wide.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 05:52:15 pm »
19 - More noise from the away fans, cheers up by our improved spell. Lucas wins a throw out on the left.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 05:53:24 pm »
20 - We keep the ball for about 30-40 seconds, probably the longest we've had it in the game. We lose it though, long ball to Fellaini but he's offside.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 05:54:51 pm »
21 - Oof, not great from Lucas. Tries a raked ball out wide but it's all too easily intercepted, Depay attacks with pace but his attempted cross is blocked for a corner.

United try another move, deeper cross from Blind, Mignolet punches away.

We try to counter but Milner slips, the home side have a go but a probing leg flicks the ball back to Mignolet.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 05:55:24 pm »
Thanks for moderating...

We seem to be in the grind out results on the road mode.

Cheers

No worries mate :wave

We seem to have come out a little more 15 mins on. Perhaps it was a tactic to soak em up for the 1st 15?

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 05:56:05 pm »
21 -

We try to counter but Milner slips, the home side have a go but a probing leg flicks the ball back to Mignolet.

Gutting as the take, turn and pass from Firmino was gorgeous.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 05:56:28 pm »
23 - Possession stats, united 63% to our 37&. Not a surprise.

United with the ball again, long pass out wide which Depay pushes past Clyne, good recovery from our RB as he uses his strength to get in front of Depay and clear.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2015, 05:57:41 pm »
24 - Foul by Lucas, United free kick in our half.

Comes to nothing. Shot of Martial on the bench, expect to see him today.

Flick on, Can tries to chase, can't get there. Ings tries a clever little flick, a really nice idea, Benteke just levered off the ball. I would have expected a little better.

Offline Oddball

• RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2015, 05:59:05 pm »
Martin Tyler saying Benteke possibly isnt 100% fit and poss has a thigh injury as he only played 45 mins in both of Belgiums recent games. That does explain a lot as 2 times in the last 5 mins he has had a great change to do something, but looked laboured.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2015, 05:59:08 pm »
26 - Keeping the ball for a bit which is a nice change.

Long ball out to the right, good flick on towards Benteke and he tries a first time volley but it's cleared.

We're lacking a bit of midfield presence which seems odd when we have a midfield as composed and hardworking as Milner, Lucas and Can.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2015, 06:00:23 pm »
27 - Shaw does well to keep a long pass from Carrick in play, switched out to the right and United try to play it down the line but Lovren is in quickly to push away.

Another foul from Lucas, United with a free kick in a very dangerous position out wide on the right.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2015, 06:01:30 pm »
28 - My stream drops but I'm reassured to see the ball at the other end of the pitch. Great tackle from Clyne to break up another attack.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2015, 06:02:34 pm »
29 - Travelling Kop in fine voice, encouraging players who are working very hard but chasing shadows a bit.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2015, 06:02:45 pm »
Over to tgf...

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2015, 06:03:11 pm »
31' More United possession, Memphis comes down left, cuts back, ball in the box, Milner has it, passes it up front to Benteke who is trying to isolate Smalling, doesn't keep in in control.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2015, 06:03:21 pm »
Lucas, Skrtel and Lovren all look so shaky in possession. We're making it easy for United to keep us in our half. Benteke has had no service at all.

Yep. Perhaps not unexpected from our CBs but Lucas hasn't had a good game at all.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2015, 06:03:55 pm »
33' Mistake at the back, but Shaw has a poor touch and it is cleared.