Author Topic: Liverpool (Lallana 24) 1 - 2 Crystal Palace (Puncheon 43, Zaha 60) 16/5/2015  (Read 8817 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Liverpool FC V Crystal Palace
15/5/2015
Premier League Week 37

V  

Venue: Anfield

Current League Form

Liverpool: LWDLWD

Crystal Palace: WWLLLL

Managers -

Liverpool: Brendan Rodgers

Crystal Palace: Alan Pardew

My mother is selling her house in a couple of weeks. I've lived here (or she has...) since I was 4. I'm back for the weekend, staying in the only family home I've ever really known for the last time after 24 years. It is emotional.

Why am I telling you this? It reminds me of today's game at Anfield. Whilst Steven Gerrard isn't moving for a couple of weeks, this will be his last visit to the only footballing family home he has never known. And it will be emotional.

There doesn't seem a great deal of point in discussing the clash between Liverpool and Palace today. The reds look nailed on to finish 5th, and Palace will finish in mid-table after a very creditable season. Today is about Steven Gerrard, and 17 years of fantastic football, wonderful loyalty and some heroic moments. The Kop will rise for the last time for our captain and give him the acclaim he deserves, and if the footballing gods are smiling, as they have from time to time on Gerrard, then there will hopefully be a late penalty for him to dispatch (as long as he hasn't been subbed off before then - we all remember Fowler's last game at Anfield  ;D )

So much pre-match coverage has focused on Gerrard this week, at the expense it seems of a very tight relegation battle, despite the fact that Gerrard's last appearance in a red shirt may in fact be next week. Such is his bond with the city and the fans at Anfield, and the significance of his last game here. RAWK is to be resplendent with articles praising and remembering our captain, so I won't go much further here. Suffice it to say that those at Anfield today will be privileged to see Gerrard run out to the sound of You'll Never Walk Alone for one last time as a player,  and whatever the result (and let's all hope we win), our captain will be given a deservedly phenomenal send-off.

Adios, Steven Gerrard.

Match Buildup Quotes -

Rodgers: "Today is not about talking about transfer policy, it's about commemorating the career of a wonderful player. Our focus has been on finishing the season strong. I'll miss him as a man. He played 42 games in my first season, 39 last season and 38 so far this season. That shows his value and importance. To have him not here will be a hole and he will be a miss. He's irreplaceable but we have to keep moving forward as a club and as a team.

I asked a lot of my staff to describe Steven in one word. I'd use the world Liverpool. Not just the club, but the city. He's very much about looking after his people. What Steven has given to this city, politicians haven't given to this city. He's a wonderful symbol for the people. You think he's a good player, he's an even better human being."
Pardew: "I don't think anyone is going to talk about us, regardless of the result. We have no problem with that, because the narrative and agenda has been set by Steven Gerrard's incredible career and the way he handles himself."
Mourinho: "'I would just like to pay tribute to him for a fantastic career; for me he is a fantastic player and I would also like to do it because he has remained loyal to his club for his whole career. You don't see that a lot, especially for that kind of quality player he was."
Wenger: ''It is a special day for Steven Gerrard and English football because as well he was a great player for the national team."
Mark Lawrenson: "As far as Saturday goes, I don't see Crystal Palace ruining Gerrard's big day. It is basically a chance for all Liverpool fans to say thank you and pay homage to him. He has scored in his last two games and it would be nice if he got a goal in this game too. But he is not going to play the full 90 minutes is he? And, when he comes off early, he will get the longest standing ovation in Anfield's history."
Ryan Babel: "Steve G's last game today at Anfield! Unfortunately i can't watch the game because i have an away game myself but i hope it will be great day for all of the @liverpoolfc fans to say good bye to the legend."

Lineups -

Liverpool: Mignolet, Can, Skrtel, Lovren, Ibe, Gerrard, Henderson, Moreno, Coutinho, Sterling, Lallana

Crystal Palace:  Hennessey, Ward, Dann, Kelly, Souaré, Puncheon, Ledley, McArthur, Lee Chung-yong, Chamakh, Bolasie

Match Officials:
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistants: D England, S Bennett
Fourth Official: S Attwell
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:13:37 pm by Crimson_Tank »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool v Crystal Palace 16/5/2015
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 05:25:38 pm »
The players make their way out of tunnel, leaving Steven Gerrard with his children.
He looks quite emotional.
 :)
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 05:26:05 pm »
Greetings and welcome to RAWK and to Anfield on this bittersweet day.

Players are making there way onto the pitch, and former Red, Martin Kelly gets to share in this special day for his former skipper.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 05:26:28 pm »
He makes his way out, to a welcome only Anfield can give.

13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 05:28:10 pm »
Its too loud for his youngest daughter, bless.

Close to wet eyes here.

Fucking love that man.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2015, 05:28:43 pm »
Stevie's youngest claps hands over her ears as Anfield erupts into the captains song.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2015, 05:28:44 pm »
Someones left the window open in my bedroom, fucking dust everywhere.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2015, 05:30:47 pm »
Close to wet eyes here.

Fucking love that man.

You are not alone in this mate.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2015, 05:30:47 pm »
1 Palace get us underway.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 05:33:19 pm »
2 Stevie seeing plenty of the ball, Liverpool enjoying plenty of the early possession in glorious sunshine.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 05:35:35 pm »
4 Coutinho with twinkle toes there past a couple of defenders, shot deflected for a corner, cleared by Palace.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 05:37:09 pm »
6 Ah, the banner fly by.
"In Rodgers we trust."

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 05:37:11 pm »
"IN RODGERS WE TRUST" says the banner on the plane.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2015, 05:37:43 pm »
Good to see the banner has a positive message on it.

"In Rodgers we Trust"

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2015, 05:41:17 pm »
9 Lallana and Sterling getting in each others way 30 yards out, Palace seem content to sit off and wait for a chance to counter

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 05:42:13 pm »
Chamack man marking Gerrard at the moment. Not seeing a lot of the ball.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 05:44:56 pm »
13 Lot's of playing it around, 80 % possession, but no real thrust.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 05:45:54 pm »
14 Gerrard floats a FK over into the area, Skrtel heads over.

Over to LJ
 :wave

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 05:46:16 pm »
"Gerrard over this freekick for Liverpool"

Phrases we take for granted, phrases we'll never hear again.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 05:47:48 pm »
16 - Palace with a dangerous cross but Migs catches, Hendo and Moreno break, crossed in but Dann gets it out

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 05:48:41 pm »
18 - Coutino with a lovely ball to Ibe who finds Lallana, who crosses but it floats through the box and out

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 05:49:40 pm »
20 - Lallana with a great ball puts Hendo into the box, Kelly comes across and gets it out for a corner.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 05:50:02 pm »
20 -  Corner doesn't beat the first man as usual.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 05:51:52 pm »
21 - Palace see a bit of the ball now but they can't get it into the attacking 3rd. Oh but they do get into the box, cross! Out for a throw.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 05:53:14 pm »
 22 - Bolasie charges down a Sktrel clearance, out for a GK. Migs should have come for that to be honest. We try to break but lose it and here come Palace...

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 05:53:38 pm »
23 - Deflected! Wide! Corner Palace

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 05:54:22 pm »
24 - Corner in and "cleared" across our own box. Coutinho lines up a clearance but lands on his arse. Ball back in the box and out again. Still with Palace

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 05:55:07 pm »
25 - FK to Palace because Chamack headbutted Lovern in the foot.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 05:56:22 pm »
26 - FK out, lands to Puncheon. He should hit it but takes 22 too many touches and its a Liverpool break! 1-0!!! Lallana!!!!

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 05:57:09 pm »
Lallana chased down a hospital pass, ran at the keeper and put it over him for 1-0. Great finish.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 05:58:36 pm by Chakan »

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2015, 05:57:09 pm »
Kelly with an assist to Lallana?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2015, 05:57:56 pm »
28 - Ibe runs it into the box, crosses! Out and Palace have the ball.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2015, 05:58:19 pm »
Kelly with an assist to Lallana?

What a Red.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2015, 05:58:44 pm »
28 - Bolasie robs the ball from Lovern (surprise surprise), runs it into the box, crosses it, it falls to Ledley with just the keeper to beat, but it's OVER!   

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2015, 06:00:10 pm »
30 - Gerrard with a long pass into the area, headed out, falls to Coutinho who lines one up but it's blocked.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2015, 06:02:16 pm »
31' Ibe able to make his way down the right, inside the box, cuts it across, cleared, good strong move from him.

Puncheon on the other end runs down the middle and makes his way in the box, Bolasie takes a shot, gets underneath it, high. Goal kick.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2015, 06:02:38 pm »
Puncheon really having the run of the park. Someone needs to put him in his place.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2015, 06:03:29 pm »
32' Sterling and Coutinho combining well, Sterling has space to run in to, gathers the ball, shot at goal, straight at the keeper.

Puncheon again on the other end, shot, saved and collected by Mignolet, smart save and good attempt.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2015, 06:04:38 pm »
34' Good closing down by Coutinho in the middle, gets away with the ball, move breaks down as the ball is passed straight to the defender.

Online thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2015, 06:06:12 pm »
35' Corner for Palace, tries to tee up the player on the edge of the box, closed down, ball in the box, attempted curler in the top edge, high and wide. Audacious try.