Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 580613 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #1960 on: December 10, 2022, 01:34:40 pm »
we announced a new team doctor just a few days ago. I don't know if he's even on board yet, but hopefully he'll be able to step in and improve things.

I tell you what -- right now if I was another club's negotiator in a battle with LFC over a player's signature, you can be damn sure I'd be pointing him and his agent to our injury stats. "do you really want to go there and risk your career?"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1961 on: December 10, 2022, 01:36:01 pm »
we announced a new team doctor just a few days ago. I don't know if he's even on board yet, but hopefully he'll be able to step in and improve things.

I tell you what -- right now if I was another club's negotiator in a battle with LFC over a player's signature, you can be damn sure I'd be pointing him and his agent to our injury stats. "do you really want to go there and risk your career?"

Really? You're an idiot if you really think players would stop coming to us over this.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1962 on: December 10, 2022, 01:39:21 pm »
Really? You're an idiot if you really think players would stop coming to us over this.
I'm not an idiot, thanks.  I'd say (a) you're being naive if you think this issue wouldn't come up during negotiations and (b) some players wouldn't be swayed by it.

honestly - do you see another PL team whose players get injured as often, or break down again after treatment so quickly - and not just once, but over and over again.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1963 on: December 10, 2022, 01:41:14 pm »
You are if you're coming out with crap like this. Almost trollish.  :D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1964 on: December 10, 2022, 01:48:58 pm »
You are if you're coming out with crap like this. Almost trollish.  :D
erm ... bollix.  I'm not trolling anyone ffs.

you didn';t answer my question btw -
do you see another PL team whose players get injured as often, or break down again after treatment so quickly - and not just once, but over and over again?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1965 on: December 10, 2022, 01:53:33 pm »
That's a bit of a diffrent topic to the one you were saying that players might not come to Liverpool Football Club because their fuckin' agent s will tell them we've got a shite Medical department currently. That's the bit I called you out on as that's idiotic. If you actually believe that  crap then prepare for us not to sign anybody for the foreseeable future.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1966 on: December 10, 2022, 01:58:18 pm »
I'm not an idiot, thanks.  I'd say (a) you're being naive if you think this issue wouldn't come up during negotiations and (b) some players wouldn't be swayed by it.

honestly - do you see another PL team whose players get injured as often, or break down again after treatment so quickly - and not just once, but over and over again.

Yes

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

https://www.newcastleworld.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/the-brutal-data-that-shows-how-injuries-impacted-newcastle-united-leeds-everton-in-202122-3715632?page=3

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1967 on: December 10, 2022, 01:58:40 pm »
That's a bit of a diffrent topic to the one you were saying that players might not come to Liverpool Football Club because their fuckin' agent s will tell them we've got a shite Medical department currently. That's the bit I called you out on as that's idiotic. If you actually believe that  crap then prepare for us not to sign anybody for the foreseeable future.

what?  how the hell is a different topic?

if you're trying to persuade a player to go to your club and not LFC, why the hell would you NOT use every trick to get it done?  it's what you're getting paid for!

and if you're player who's sincerely torn between LFC and another club, why would that NOT be a deciding factor if you see all other things being equal?

and for the 3rd time, pls answer my fucking question:
do you see another PL team whose players get injured as often, or break down again after treatment so quickly - and not just once, but over and over again?

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1968 on: December 10, 2022, 02:01:49 pm »
I answered for him already
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1969 on: December 10, 2022, 02:02:31 pm »
what?  how the hell is a different topic?

if you're trying to persuade a player to go to your club and not LFC, why the hell would you NOT use every trick to get it done?  it's what you're getting paid for!

and if you're player who's sincerely torn between LFC and another club, why would that NOT be a deciding factor if you see all other things being equal?

and for the 3rd time, pls answer my fucking question:
https://www.theshedend.com/topic/35707-injury-and-fitness-concerns/

Feels like this is becoming a bit like all fans thinking their club is terrible at set pieces

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1970 on: December 10, 2022, 02:03:51 pm »
I answered for him already
missed it.
I'm aware of that site but it only shows current injuries, not repeats / breakdowns after being given the all-clear.

still waiting to see Samie's answer.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1971 on: December 10, 2022, 02:04:37 pm »
Haha thank you me old chum Lobo.  ;D

I was about to post that table.   :D

I about to watch my Fez boys play, that's the answer you'll get for now.  :D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1972 on: December 10, 2022, 02:05:18 pm »
https://www.theshedend.com/topic/35707-injury-and-fitness-concerns/

Feels like this is becoming a bit like all fans thinking their club is terrible at set pieces
I can't get at that site (adblocker).

does it show stats for repeat injuries, like we've been having  all season (or longer)?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1973 on: December 10, 2022, 02:06:37 pm »
Haha thank you me old chum Lobo.  ;D

I was about to post that table.   :D

I about to watch my Fez boys play, that's the answer you'll get for now.  :D

repeat of what I said to Lobo:
I'm aware of that site but it only shows current injuries, not repeats / breakdowns after being given the all-clear.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1974 on: December 10, 2022, 02:18:38 pm »
I can't get at that site (adblocker).

does it show stats for repeat injuries, like we've been having  all season (or longer)?

This is the first post

November 13 in General Chelsea FC

Scott Harris
Scott Harris
Posted November 13
This is something that has become a huge concern at the club. For the past 3 seasons we have been watching our players get pulled off game after game with injuries, to the point where we can't seem to go 2 games without at least one of our subs being used on an injured player.

I have also noticed that our players can't seem to play at a high tempo at all. When they try, they either break down with injury or they can't sustain it for long periods. Every other team in the league seems to play with a lot of energy and pace, but we are so slow and look dead on our feet.

Surely this isn't normal. You can be unlucky, it happens to every club now and again, but 3 years on the trot?

Our schedule compared to other teams has been a bit hectic, but we also have a much bigger squad than most, so I am not sure that can be used as an excuse. It feels like the team is ill-prepared for the physical requirements of the game at this level.
Also, I mean you could just look at what's happened to James, Chilwell, Pulisic, Fofana off the top of my head this season, Kante as well.

Spurs are another, Conte was shitting on their medical department in public earlier this year and if you search for it, its the same kind of comments we have about how long is a player really out for with players like Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur getting injured recently. They're just two I remember seeing comments for. Sure if you search it'll be the same for periods with other clubs.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 02:27:57 pm by Chris~ »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1975 on: December 10, 2022, 02:30:30 pm »
Footballers might just be playing too much football. Who would've thought it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1976 on: December 10, 2022, 02:31:27 pm »
repeat of what I said to Lobo:

Unless you’re aware of any site that does show that I’d suggest you stop making baseless claims.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1977 on: December 10, 2022, 02:43:12 pm »
Unless you’re aware of any site that does show that I’d suggest you stop making baseless claims.
What claim have I made?  I asked a question about other PL clubs.
Just getting in the car, I'll read Flashs's response shortly.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1978 on: December 10, 2022, 02:47:02 pm »
What claim have I made?  I asked a question about other PL clubs.
Just getting in the car, I'll read Flashs's response shortly.

So you’re not suggesting we’re the ‘worst’ for it in the PL with that question…?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1979 on: December 10, 2022, 03:04:07 pm »
Diaz’ injury is unfortunate and you would think it was an actual surgeon who was making the decision first time around. It was always a bad sign when he left the training camp though.

In terms of the rest, we have generally seen the players who get injured a lot get injured again. If anything its more of an issue with which players we are buying and keeping than the fitness teams.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1980 on: December 10, 2022, 03:08:34 pm »
Some shite being posted in here. We use the top medical people we can and they don't just cut someone's body open for the sake of it, they're not butchers ffs. The medical staff will have looked at the scans, examined Luis and decided he didn't need surgery with the injury he had. Now, something else has happened and he now needs surgery. Shit happens.

+1.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1981 on: December 10, 2022, 03:10:18 pm »
Diaz’ injury is unfortunate and you would think it was an actual surgeon who was making the decision first time around. It was always a bad sign when he left the training camp though.

In terms of the rest, we have generally seen the players who get injured a lot get injured again. If anything its more of an issue with which players we are buying and keeping than the fitness teams.

Or perhaps its a knock from last season and the endless games we played while having a shorter space between the two seasons when we began again. It could just be a one off, let's just wait and see.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1982 on: December 10, 2022, 03:13:04 pm »
Or perhaps its a knock from last season and the endless games we played while having a shorter space between the two seasons when we began again. It could just be a one off, let's just wait and see.

How could it be a knock from last season? He played the first 2 months for us this season and looked great.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1983 on: December 10, 2022, 03:13:37 pm »
How could it be a knock from last season? He played the first 2 months for us this season and looked great.

I am talking about the injuries being suffered generally not Luis.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1984 on: December 10, 2022, 03:16:09 pm »
So you’re not suggesting we’re the ‘worst’ for it in the PL with that question…?
Suggestion and question aren't synonymous, last time I checked. 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1985 on: December 10, 2022, 03:25:44 pm »
I am talking about the injuries being suffered generally not Luis.

Ahh got it.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1986 on: December 10, 2022, 03:27:46 pm »
This is the first post
Also, I mean you could just look at what's happened to James, Chilwell, Pulisic, Fofana off the top of my head this season, Kante as well.

Spurs are another, Conte was shitting on their medical department in public earlier this year and if you search for it, its the same kind of comments we have about how long is a player really out for with players like Romero, Kulusevski and Bentancur getting injured recently. They're just two I remember seeing comments for. Sure if you search it'll be the same for periods with other clubs.
Good points, ta. I don't spend much time tracking other clubs injuries, so maybe I'm in too much of an echo chamber. Does that sitte - any site- provide repeat-injury type stats team by team? Would seriously love to see it.

Anyhow, our injury record is a concern, and once again we're in a season where it could cause us to fall short.  Seems like there are several possible reasons kicking around:
- we sign players while glossing over injury histories
- we overwork them in training
- there's simply too many games to deal with and we don't rotate enough
- our medical staff aren't up to scratch

... or all/ some of the above in combination, with a bit of truth to all of them.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1987 on: December 10, 2022, 03:50:03 pm »

Would have to see who wracked up the most minutes last season compared to this. Reckon those who played the most last season are also playing the most this season.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1988 on: December 10, 2022, 04:11:38 pm »
Would have to see who wracked up the most minutes last season compared to this. Reckon those who played the most last season are also playing the most this season.
Minus Mane. Which I think is significant.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1989 on: December 11, 2022, 02:31:35 pm »
Elliot just gone off injured
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1990 on: December 11, 2022, 02:39:41 pm »
Elliot just gone off injured

We are back.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1991 on: December 11, 2022, 02:40:35 pm »
We are back.

Seemed more precaution than anything else though.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #1992 on: December 11, 2022, 02:42:16 pm »
Seemed more precaution than anything else though.

So we're looking at an initial 3 weeks out followed by a set back and we'll see him again in March if we're lucky? :P
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1993 on: December 11, 2022, 02:43:39 pm »
So we're looking at an initial 3 weeks out followed by a set back and we'll see him again in March if we're lucky? :P

Yup pretty much exactly that ;)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1994 on: December 11, 2022, 02:55:07 pm »
Kicked the ground as he took a shot I think…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1995 on: December 11, 2022, 03:00:13 pm »
Kicked the ground as he took a shot I think…

Fuck you, ground.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #1996 on: December 11, 2022, 03:58:26 pm »
Is Jones injured again?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1997 on: December 11, 2022, 04:22:09 pm »
Fuck you, ground.
New club doctor needs binning off, obviously not explained to the lads that kicking the ground can result in injury.

Is Jones injured again?
Indeed he is. I would say it’s not believed to be serious but whenever we say that the player isnt seen for a while so best to just hope he’s back soon and not put a timeline on it.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1998 on: December 11, 2022, 04:36:44 pm »
Harvey was precaution. Kloppo says he felt something but is okay now.  :D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1999 on: December 11, 2022, 04:37:42 pm »
Harvey was precaution. Kloppo says he felt something but is okay now.  :D

Once Klopp touches you...