Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 581346 times)

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #1600 on: October 17, 2022, 12:00:24 pm »
Dare I ask, but whats the update on Keita. Back in training or still.injured? What's the likely estimated return date?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1601 on: October 17, 2022, 09:59:49 pm »
no word on Jota yet?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1602 on: October 17, 2022, 10:06:49 pm »
Dare I ask, but whats the update on Keita. Back in training or still.injured? What's the likely estimated return date?

Due back this month which I guess means in the next two weeks. Klopp mentioned him as not being ready yet in a recent press conference which gave me the impression that he's close. Ox and Jones just seemed to reappear in training without any fanfare so he'll likely be the same.

no word on Jota yet?

I guess we should hear in tomorrow's press conference if nothing comes out in the late press tonight.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1603 on: October 17, 2022, 10:09:19 pm »

No recent update but Klopp said last month that he was due back in training in October. Ox rejoined training without any notice from Klopp or the journalists so might be similar with Keita but wouldn't expect him to make the match day squad until November.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1604 on: October 18, 2022, 10:31:39 am »
no word on Jota yet?

I’m resigned to him being out at least to the World Cup, the way this season has gone.

Weirdly all the discussion about signing a midfielder rather than Nunez may become temporarily redundant as our injured midfield return and our forward options are limited.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1605 on: October 18, 2022, 12:27:07 pm »
I’m resigned to him being out at least to the World Cup, the way this season has gone.

Weirdly all the discussion about signing a midfielder rather than Nunez may become temporarily redundant as our injured midfield return and our forward options are limited.

Aye, ironically had a fair amount of CMs available at the weekend and a distinct lack of attacking and CB cover!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1606 on: October 18, 2022, 12:29:56 pm »
Still nothing on Gordon? A couple of our youngsters have found themselves unluckily out when chances would have been available.
AHA!

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: October 18, 2022, 12:34:50 pm »
Jurgen's PC in an hour, let's hope there's some better news for the thread. But expecting Diogo out for ages and another 1 or 2 injuries that weren't obvious on Sunday.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: October 18, 2022, 12:35:50 pm »
I fear Gordon is going to go the way of Brewster - another uber talented youth player that misses significant key development time which prevents their entry to the first team.

Offline Kop Kings

• Kopite
« Reply #1609 on: October 18, 2022, 12:41:52 pm »
I fear Gordon is going to go the way of Brewster - another uber talented youth player that misses significant key development time which prevents their entry to the first team.

Genuinely feels like he's been injured for about a year, with no actual clarification on his injury (although I may well have missed something) - such a shame, really liked the look of him. Still, fingers crossed for the lad and hope he can get back into the squad in the coming weeks

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: October 18, 2022, 12:54:06 pm »
It's a pelvic problem linked to his physical growth in regards to Kaide Gordon. So doesn't sound like he has had an injury in a game/training or required surgery. Sounds like the club are being careful with a young player to make sure he doesn't have issues in the long term.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1611 on: October 18, 2022, 12:59:25 pm »

Always seems to happen to our best prospects. Glatzel was really promising and then was out injured for years after doing his ACL. Layton Stewart another one. Obviously Harvey Elliott last season with a horrible injury. Curtis Jones constant injuries as well over the last year
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
« Reply #1612 on: October 18, 2022, 01:11:46 pm »
Abola saying Jota will miss the WC..  :butt

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1613 on: October 18, 2022, 01:29:12 pm »
FFS every game we have an injury that costs us a player for at least 2-3 weeks.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1614 on: October 18, 2022, 02:10:56 pm »
So the question is whether it’s a grade 2 or 3 strain.

Grade 2 is 4-8 weeks, grade 3 is 8-12.

I wonder if they know which it is yet.? Hopefully back straight after the World Cup but we will need to see.

The good news? No operation is needed
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #1615 on: October 18, 2022, 03:07:20 pm »
So the question is whether it’s a grade 2 or 3 strain.

Grade 2 is 4-8 weeks, grade 3 is 8-12.

I wonder if they know which it is yet.? Hopefully back straight after the World Cup but we will need to see.

The good news? No operation is needed

I think Jurgen said "months not weeks" so we probably fear it's the latter. But he said we'll know more in a few days.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1616 on: October 18, 2022, 03:10:47 pm »
Konate also won't be back in team training until Saturday.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #1617 on: October 18, 2022, 03:27:18 pm »
Gutted for him :(
:D

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1618 on: October 18, 2022, 03:45:51 pm »
Are we doing something wrong? This is a huge amount of injuries and seems way too persistent to be just pure bad luck

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1619 on: October 18, 2022, 03:54:13 pm »
Are we doing something wrong? This is a huge amount of injuries and seems way too persistent to be just pure bad luck

This isn't a training injury though, this was more the way he turned/landed/twisted his leg.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #1620 on: October 18, 2022, 03:57:43 pm »
Any news on matip?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1621 on: October 18, 2022, 03:59:09 pm »
I think Jurgen said "months not weeks" so we probably fear it's the latter. But he said we'll know more in a few days.
Two months or three months.. 

That seems to be the option
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline donnerz

• Main Stander
« Reply #1622 on: October 18, 2022, 03:59:21 pm »
Any news on matip?
"Still a little bit away"

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: October 18, 2022, 03:59:25 pm »
Any news on matip?
Not close to returning
W

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1624 on: October 18, 2022, 04:04:38 pm »
We must be, the amount of non contact soft tissue injuries we've been getting are extreme.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: October 18, 2022, 04:14:25 pm »
We'd done pretty well injury wise the 18 months before this season. I think we'd expect a little increase in issues due to the long season last year, late summer internationals, and early start to the season, but we are doing a lot worse than the other teams in the league. I think even Klopp said earlier in the season that it's something we will need to evaluate. Maybe a longer summer break for the players like City did and simply accept some players miss the start of the season and others won't be at full speed come the first game of the season. Maybe it's something we are asking our players to do during their break or something we should be asking them to do. Maybe we put too much load into the players in pre-season. Probably a combination of many things but you'd think there is more than luck at play and our sports science team/coaching team need to work together to do better.

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1626 on: October 18, 2022, 04:33:08 pm »

96th minute is shit bad luck. Plus, apart from the header, he’d had a brilliant game.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1627 on: October 18, 2022, 05:09:56 pm »
This isn't a training injury though, this was more the way he turned/landed/twisted his leg.

I mean more in the way of overtraining/too high of an intensity with too high a regularity... surely that would then stretch to games as well, no? I'm also not talking specifically about Jotas injury but the level of injuries week after week as a club

I'm not saying what is the case either way just raising the question as it just seems to be a recurring problem (obviously compounded by other types of injuries being mixed in) but we seemingly get such a high amount of injuries with alarming regularity.

We've gotta be a mile ahead of anyone else in terms of players being out injured across this season so far.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 05:12:24 pm by RyanBabel19 »

Offline shank94

• Currently at minus 10 and falling...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: October 18, 2022, 05:55:57 pm »
Jota just another name added in a list of many more, and some still to come. Playing the WC in between the season, so many of these players will lose 4 years because of this, horrible.
Everyone knows it's Shanks, Shank is part of my name.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1629 on: October 18, 2022, 07:57:00 pm »
So there's no website that does an aggregate of days missed, right? I asked the other day and nobody responded.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1630 on: October 18, 2022, 08:18:45 pm »
So there's no website that does an aggregate of days missed, right? I asked the other day and nobody responded.
I replied, but not sure it was much help.
Might be too early in the season for anyone to have done the analysis, but I recall in 2020/21 we were double the next nearest team (Leicester) in terms of player games missed through injury.

Wouldn't surprise me if we're on a similar trajectory now. We've been hovering around 5-6 players out at any one time this season already (it was as high as 10 at one point), and most clubs have been around 1-3. We were actually as low as 3 players out injured (Ox, Keita, Ramsay), but that lasted only a few days.

I don't think there's any one factor causing it. It's likely a combination of injury prone players, our intensity, the sheer number of games, some bad luck, cumulative fatigue over the seasons, and the strenuous training required to get us to the levels we've achieved under Jurgen.
I think one of the media outlets did some analysis in Spring 2021 (as we were so screwed by injuries), and those figures were picked up and shared on social media. Transfermarkt also have a ton of data on individual injuries/games missed, but I've not seen an aggregate list for each team split by season. I'll post on here if I find anything, as it'd be interesting to see how each team has fared over the years.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1631 on: October 18, 2022, 09:27:42 pm »
I replied, but not sure it was much help.I think one of the media outlets did some analysis in Spring 2021 (as we were so screwed by injuries), and those figures were picked up and shared on social media. Transfermarkt also have a ton of data on individual injuries/games missed, but I've not seen an aggregate list for each team split by season. I'll post on here if I find anything, as it'd be interesting to see how each team has fared over the years.

No I saw you replied with how we were tied with Leicester for days missed but you didn't link to anything. Do you have the link for that at least? Would be someplace to start.

Just you want to say that yes, the club has gotten something badly wrong this season but without any context it's hard to really make that argument one way or another.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #1632 on: October 18, 2022, 09:32:38 pm »
Here's some interesting data on injuries - done by an insurance group that's created a European Injury Index to measure the impact on the clubs in each of the top 5 European leagues. It's packed full of analysis on each of the top 6 clubs in each league, including number of injuries, durations, financial impact, type of injuries, injuries by player age, by player position, and a lot more.

The main publication starts here:
https://view.publitas.com/howden-uk-group/howden-sport-and-entertainment-european-injury-index-2022/page/1

The Premier League section starts here:
https://view.publitas.com/howden-uk-group/howden-sport-and-entertainment-european-injury-index-2022/page/48-49

It's a long document but a few things jump out:

The Premier League had 27% of all injuries across the top 5 leagues.

In 2018/19 there were 495 injuries in the PL
In 2019/20 that rose to 562
In 2020/21 it jumped to 938
Last season it rose again to 1231

The report says the PL is likely much higher due to the high tempo, physicality, and fixture congestion.

You're welcome  :)
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1634 on: October 19, 2022, 02:27:19 am »

My thoughts exactly.  Maybe time for a new medical team.   Impact injuries cannot be held against them but this season we've had way too many soft tissue injuries.   We started the season with half our midfield injured!
Klopp that!

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: October 19, 2022, 02:31:22 am »
Jota just another name added in a list of many more, and some still to come. Playing the WC in between the season, so many of these players will lose 4 years because of this, horrible.

Very real risk that players (at all clubs in all comps) wont give 100% now to avoid this risk :(

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #1636 on: October 19, 2022, 02:33:39 am »
"Still a little bit away"

Out until the WC which would make sense. 
Klopp that!

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1637 on: October 21, 2022, 02:17:03 pm »
On Darwin Núñez: “He is one of the cases where we need to have a look because he was not injured, but he felt something and I don’t know if he feels that still today and what the medical department tells me then, we have to see.”

On Joel Matip: “Good, everything is going well, but he needs a bit of time. I think with him it will be tight until the World Cup break, hopefully the last two or three games he might be in contention, but I don’t know yet. It is all going in the right direction.”

On Naby Keita: “He was only involved in parts [in team training], but will be from Monday on - I think, like Ibou [Konate] - both will be involved in full training after the Nottingham Forest game on, which is obviously good. But then Naby especially needs time, Ibou not that much because he was not out that long. Naby is a bit behind Oxlade - Oxlade trains now for four or five days with us, so that is better but he was out for a long time as well.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2022/oct/21/weekend-countdown-premier-league-aston-villa-chelsea-manchester-united-live
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #1638 on: October 21, 2022, 05:07:03 pm »
Jurgen just used that "wife waits for the husband in prison" line he used for Ox in 2018 to describe the Jota situation

spooky news
The change is cast

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1639 on: October 21, 2022, 05:16:22 pm »
Jurgen just used that "wife waits for the husband in prison" line he used for Ox in 2018 to describe the Jota situation

spooky news

Fairly sure he used this for Van Dijk too.

'It's alright though lad, he walked off the pitch!'
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.