Author Topic: Liverpool Women FC (*)  (Read 611304 times)

Offline jediwarrior

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Leicester - 18/05 - 15:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5280 on: May 17, 2024, 12:00:19 pm »
Really surprise at Koivisto going, she always gives her all and is a very good player. The others I'm not so surprise about.

Would love us to be ambitious in the Summer and try and go for a big name who is in the free market as a few are floating about especially in attack.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5281 on: May 17, 2024, 12:22:03 pm »
Would love us to be ambitious in the Summer and try and go for a big name who is in the free market as a few are floating about especially in attack.
The issue here will be wages. The high-profile freebies have almost certainly already moved themselves too far up the pay scale to fit our wage structure. To be able to sign any of these players, we'd be talking about the kind of ambition that entails radically overhauling the business model copied over from the men's team. I don't see it happening. But neither do I think WSL squad development has reached the point of it being a game of high-profile signings or bust.

Online cissesbeard

• Kopite
« Reply #5282 on: May 17, 2024, 12:43:54 pm »
The issue here will be wages. The high-profile freebies have almost certainly already moved themselves too far up the pay scale to fit our wage structure. To be able to sign any of these players, we'd be talking about the kind of ambition that entails radically overhauling the business model copied over from the men's team. I don't see it happening. But neither do I think WSL squad development has reached the point of it being a game of high-profile signings or bust.

agree its unlikely but would love to go for miedema - we are desperate for a goal scorer

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5283 on: May 17, 2024, 12:52:13 pm »
agree its unlikely but would love to go for miedema - we are desperate for a goal scorer
You mean this Miedema? Barca semi attending, Arne Slot column writing Miedema? Her big Red heart is already here, it's just her legs that aren't.

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #5284 on: May 17, 2024, 01:37:58 pm »
Really surprise at Koivisto going, she always gives her all and is a very good player. The others I'm not so surprise about.

I've followed the team closely for the last three seasons and I think she has been the best player across that period. A big loss.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
« Reply #5285 on: May 17, 2024, 02:14:33 pm »
This article is the first one I've seen compiling a list of all the WSL players who are free agents this summer https://sport.optus.com.au/news/womens/os74321/mary-earps-mackenzie-arnold-every-wsl-player-coming-off-contract

Not as exciting as previous years but there are still some interesting names in there. I'd be at least considering Terland even if she wasn't on a free.

Are there any on this list that would fill the void of (or improve upon) the players who are leaving?

All I can think of is Elisabeth Terland or maybe Katie Robinson, though there are a few on the list that I don't know as well as I should.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2024, 02:49:43 pm by LeoT »
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5286 on: May 17, 2024, 03:50:40 pm »
Are there any on this list that would fill the void of (or improve upon) the players who are leaving?

All I can think of is Elisabeth Terland or maybe Katie Robinson, though there are a few on the list that I don't know as well as I should.
Terland, yes.

Robinson would also be a yes if it wasn't for our preferred system. Brighton play her as a wide forward and we don't use those, that's why Lawley is off.

Mace would be an interesting one. Was far too young to be getting into the Arsenal team so she goes out on loan. Signs for City, only to again end up out on loan. Now she will be looking for her next club. I've just seen the latest report that Chelsea wants her, with the intention of loaning her out themselves. She is still only 20, so it's not awful awful. But at what point does it become more sensible for her to stop trying to start her career at the very top? All that said, I have no idea what is happening with Fahey. I expected her name to be in today's announcement. And we do still have Silcock returning from loan, who is only a year younger than Mace herself. So if Mace did come, it might be that we use her at DM, which is a position I expect us to add depth in.

If United are considering letting Clinton go permanently, we should throw our hat into the ring for no reason other than winding up their fans and making Spurs spend more than necessary.

As for the rest, I don't see them being likely transfers for one reason or another. I think our free signings will mostly be coming from elsewhere.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 02:27:04 pm by kellan »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5287 on: May 17, 2024, 04:23:24 pm »
Beard's comments on Koivisto:

“Absolutely tough decision because Emma is a fantastic person. She leaves nothing on the pitch or the training pitch, so it was a real tough one, especially when we were discussing it as a staff group. I think Emma is at a stage where she wants to play week in, week out.” https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/well-miss-them-all-matt-beards-tribute-four-departing-lfc-women-players

I'd made peace with her departure in the way you do when you're thinking it's a player's choice. But I'm not getting her 'her choice' vibes from the above at all, I've gone right back to thinking it really is the case that we didn't see a place for her, at least not in the starting XI.

So who are we seeing a place for who justifies bumping Koivisto out? Anybody less than elite is going to be an anti-climatic head scratcher.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5288 on: May 18, 2024, 10:52:31 am »
Last one  :wave

Leicester vs Liverpool - WSL - GW22 - 15:00 UK - King Power Stadium - [FA Player]

liverpoolfc.com match centre

Team
XI:
subs:

Other Fixtures - 15:00 UK
Manchester United vs Chelsea - [SKY SPORTS/Local Broadcaster]
Aston Villa vs Manchester City - [BBC Two/Local Broadcaster]
Arsenal vs Brighton - [FA Player]
Tottenham vs West Ham - [FA Player]
Bristol City vs Everton - [FA Player]

[FA Player] - https://faplayer.thefa.com or app - free to view but registration required. ALL matches are live steamed but are restricted subject to local broadcast deals. Check the FAQs for details of broadcast deals in your country OR use a VPN set to a country without a broadcast deal (France) to access all streams. Alternate streams likely available in the usual places.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5290 on: May 18, 2024, 03:09:37 pm »
1 up already and United are 2 down already. 4th is currently doubly safe.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Re: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Leicester - 18/05 - 15:00 ko) (*)
« Reply #5291 on: May 18, 2024, 03:12:09 pm »
^ ;D

Leicester 0 - [1] Liverpool; Sophie Roman Haug goal on 7' - https://x.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1791834593043100030

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 03:14:22 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5292 on: May 18, 2024, 03:53:46 pm »
1-0 HT

Chelsea are beating United 4-0, meaning City need to score six as things stand.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5293 on: May 18, 2024, 04:34:13 pm »

Leicester 0 - [2] Liverpool; Leanne Kiernan goal on 66' - https://x.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1791854817968611377

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 04:36:48 pm by oojason »

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5294 on: May 18, 2024, 04:44:53 pm »

Leicester 0 - [3] Liverpool; Leanne Kiernan goal on 83' - https://x.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1791859014927519791 ;D

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 04:54:24 pm by oojason »

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5295 on: May 18, 2024, 04:45:05 pm »
Welcome back, Leanne Kiernan.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5296 on: May 18, 2024, 04:56:07 pm »
Very good season by the girls. We can build on this.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5297 on: May 18, 2024, 05:02:38 pm »
Leicester 0 - [4] Liverpool; Leanne Kiernan goal on 90+4' (hat-trick) - https://x.com/BarclaysWSL/status/1791861041749455293

0-4; full-time ;D

Match Report: www.liverpoolfc.com/news/kiernan-hits-hat-trick-lfc-women-seal-fourth-win-leicester

10 minute highlights: www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRdrTz6njbU

Full Match Replay (from Lesicester's own official youtube channel):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vpIT3z22ja0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vpIT3z22ja0</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/vpIT3z22ja0

'Highlights: Brilliant Leanne Kiernan hat-trick! Leicester City 0-4 LiverpooL FC Women' - 2 minute highlights:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XwwkXAdXMTs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XwwkXAdXMTs</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/XwwkXAdXMTs

2023/24 Final League Table...

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 10:14:15 am by oojason »

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5298 on: May 18, 2024, 05:09:58 pm »
Welcome back, Leanne Kiernan.
Absolutely. Outstanding hattrick. 3 well taken goals. She will be a handful next season
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5299 on: May 18, 2024, 05:19:38 pm »
Absolutely. Outstanding hattrick. 3 well taken goals. She will be a handful next season
She's winning us a treble. Someone wizz a duster round the trophy cabinet.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5300 on: May 18, 2024, 05:23:26 pm »
Well in Leanne.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #5301 on: May 18, 2024, 05:38:51 pm »
Great game, really pleased I went.
Great to see Leanne back to her best.

Grabbing a Nandos, then train back to London. ;D

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5302 on: May 18, 2024, 07:33:06 pm »
Laws looks like she only just remembered she was supposed to have a season ending finger injury while playing that match  ;D

« Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 07:35:32 pm by kellan »

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
Here's my prediction...

1. Liverpool will finish 7th (behind Arsenal, Chelsea, ManC, Villa, ManU & Spurs).
   (Spurs will have a better season than expected, ManU will struggle and not do as well as last season).

2. Arsenal will win the WSL this season.
   (Unbeaten in every match except the 1st of the season  ;)  )

3. Arsenal, Chelsea and ManC will get the European places.
   (Villa will push them all the way this season).

4. Bristol City
  (They will go straight back down to the Championship at a whimper).

That was my prediction for this season on (page 121 of this thread).
I'm so pleased to have been so wrong.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (*)
« Reply #5304 on: Today at 09:16:54 am »

Matt Beard was named Barclays Women's Super League Manager of the Season at the League Managers Association Awards on Tuesday.

The Liverpool FC Women boss was recognised for guiding his squad to fourth in the 2023-24 WSL.

Having finished seventh upon their return to the top flight in 2022-23, Beard's side took further strides this term to secure the club's highest placing in the division since 2017.

A four-game winning run to end the campaign – including victories against Manchester United and eventual champions Chelsea – helped seal a spot in the top four.

Beard said: "We're delighted with the season. These awards are humbling and I'm very, very grateful to everyone that voted. It's not just about me, it's about the team too. They have to go out and perform and the staff work relentlessly behind the scenes to help support everything that we do as well.

"It's about the collective and that's the staff and the players. Everyone deserves recognition for that."

He added: "I think you can see from the team performances of late it's a lot of the work that we've done and the players have done. You can start to see the understanding of it on a more consistent basis. I think at the beginning of the season we had a fantastic start by winning at the Emirates [against Arsenal] and I think it gave us that platform to kick on.

"If you look at May as an example, it was a tough month, we played Bristol City, who at that point weren't relegated and were fighting for every point.

"We then play Chelsea and won 4-3 and then beat Manchester United 1-0 and finish off with a great win at Leicester. If I just look at the consistency of the performance levels and the character within the group in all those games, I think it speaks volumes for the work that has gone on this year.

"I've said this a few times this year, but it's exciting to see where this team can go."

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/matt-beard-named-wsl-manager-season-lma-awards

Offline BassTunedToRed

• This X-Axis goes up to 11.
  • Kopite
    • Bass Tuned To Red
« Reply #5305 on: Today at 09:46:53 am »
Beard deserves the award, we were the most improved team in the WSL.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5306 on: Today at 10:25:15 am »

:wellin Matt Beard (and all the LFCW staff, too).

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5307 on: Today at 11:10:20 am »
Well done to everyone. Hopefully can kick on next season.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.