Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12309951 times)

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #103640 on: August 16, 2021, 10:03:12 am »
Kaide Gordon wasn't with the U23s yesterday as he was playing with a first-team side in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Villa.

And he scored - we won 4-1, Origi, Neco Williams and Curtis Jones scored the others.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #103641 on: August 16, 2021, 11:26:31 am »
Clarkson to Blackburn loan to be announced today per Caoimhe O'Neill.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103642 on: August 16, 2021, 11:32:04 am »
Great move for him, he’s at the stage where he needs first-team football now. He’s a Blackburn fan as well so he’ll enjoy getting the chance to play in front of supporters at Ewood Park.

He’s a really exciting player, sounds like Klopp and the coaching staff rate him highly, so it will be interesting to see how he develops over the course of the season.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103643 on: August 16, 2021, 02:59:40 pm »
we seem to have quite a relationship with blackburn and long may it continue if it benefits both clubs.

davies not reallly youth but going to sheffield united on loan. another club that we have dealings with. hope he and brewster can develop and build a reputation and decent career there.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #103644 on: August 16, 2021, 04:36:22 pm »
Finished 0-0, which is a good result given City's quality and the pressure it sounds like we were under.

Just watched the highlights.

Don’t know whether there was a big age difference between the sides, but most of their team looked like grown men and most of ours looked like they’d be no more than 7 stone wet through.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103645 on: August 16, 2021, 05:34:38 pm »
Just watched the highlights.

Don’t know whether there was a big age difference between the sides, but most of their team looked like grown men and most of ours looked like they’d be no more than 7 stone wet through.

I think their team would have been marginally younger, with most 18, and at least a couple of 17 yo.  Whereas we had eg  Clayton at 20 and Gallagher at 21.  But they may target the more physical specimens that develop early. 

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103646 on: August 16, 2021, 09:52:25 pm »
Interested to see how Clarkson does and the role he's given. Don't really get many players of his size and style of play who play as a 6 like he's played here.

Balagizi looked ridiculously good against Stoke in the highlights. Really hope we can find room to get him u23 minutes soon

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #103647 on: August 16, 2021, 09:54:38 pm »
Great move for him, he’s at the stage where he needs first-team football now. He’s a Blackburn fan as well so he’ll enjoy getting the chance to play in front of supporters at Ewood Park.

He’s a really exciting player, sounds like Klopp and the coaching staff rate him highly, so it will be interesting to see how he develops over the course of the season.

I've only watched him for the first time in this pre-season, but the lad looks absolute class. The kind of player who can boss midfield and control a game... and at such a young age. He reminded me of Souness, without the aggression. High hopes for him, come back soon, son.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2021, 09:56:09 pm by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #103648 on: August 16, 2021, 10:26:43 pm »
Interested to see how Clarkson does and the role he's given. Don't really get many players of his size and style of play who play as a 6 like he's played here.

Balagizi looked ridiculously good against Stoke in the highlights. Really hope we can find room to get him u23 minutes soon

A shame he was injured in the summer as there’s a chance he might have gone to the training camp.

Last season and those highlights suggest he’s more than ready for the step up. He needs to test himself against a higher standard.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103649 on: August 17, 2021, 09:22:18 pm »
Sepp van den Berg scored tonight, in the wrong net. Went to tackle a player through on goal, and slotted the ball into the bottom corner.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103650 on: August 17, 2021, 10:08:22 pm »

If Clarkson can handle the physical side of the game he will boss it, technically he’s excellent but he lacks stature.

Agree on Balagizi, time for him to step up

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #103651 on: August 17, 2021, 10:40:07 pm »
Sepp van den Berg scored tonight, in the wrong net. Went to tackle a player through on goal, and slotted the ball into the bottom corner.
It was a lovely finish to be fair.

Slotted it past the keeper nicely.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #103652 on: August 17, 2021, 11:22:14 pm »
I've only watched him for the first time in this pre-season, but the lad looks absolute class. The kind of player who can boss midfield and control a game... and at such a young age. He reminded me of Souness, without the aggression. High hopes for him, come back soon, son.

I admire his skill but have concerns over the physicality, particularly given Klopp likes big centrally defensive players.
And I am having trouble processing Souness without the aggression!

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #103653 on: August 18, 2021, 12:36:30 pm »
I don't have any concerns about his physicality at all. He recieves the ball on the half turn, rarely gives it away, ticks play along, can play 6/8/10. There's been plenty of dimunitive midfielders at the highest level.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #103654 on: August 18, 2021, 01:26:45 pm »
It was a lovely finish to be fair.

Slotted it past the keeper nicely.

Showed good pace too. 12 months ago there’s no way he’s getting on the end of that through ball to slot it home.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #103655 on: August 18, 2021, 01:35:00 pm »
I don't have any concerns about his physicality at all. He recieves the ball on the half turn, rarely gives it away, ticks play along, can play 6/8/10. There's been plenty of dimunitive midfielders at the highest level.

Reminded me of Wijnaldum in the pre-season games I saw, as a comparable midfielder.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103656 on: August 18, 2021, 11:26:54 pm »

Maybe an 8, we don’t play 10s. Problem is he has largely played as a 6. Klopp has generally played Fab or Hendo there who are a foot taller.  None of the qualities you list, which I agree he has, are defensive qualities. I would love to be wrong as I really like him,but wonder where he fits in

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #103657 on: August 19, 2021, 10:36:07 am »
Maybe an 8, we don’t play 10s. Problem is he has largely played as a 6. Klopp has generally played Fab or Hendo there who are a foot taller.  None of the qualities you list, which I agree he has, are defensive qualities. I would love to be wrong as I really like him,but wonder where he fits in
That's just getting time in the first team, if you listen to what Klopp says you'll see.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #103658 on: August 21, 2021, 07:59:36 am »
Haven`t really paid that much attention to the youth team the last couple of seasons, but does anyone know who Liverpool has in the England youth setup?

I know about Balagizi, Quansah and James Norris. Callum Scanlon and Kaide Gordon. Layton Stewart. Obviously Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot.

Any others?

Did we buy that Newcastle youth player(son of Lee Clark I think)?   
« Last Edit: August 21, 2021, 08:03:53 am by Raaphael »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103659 on: August 21, 2021, 08:16:12 am »
Haven`t really paid that much attention to the youth team the last couple of seasons, but does anyone know who Liverpool has in the England youth setup?

I know about Balagizi, Quansah and James Norris. Obviously Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot.

Any others?

Did we buy that Newcastle youth player(son of Lee Clark I think)?   
I'm.not sure we'll ever announce him, but Newcastle based journalists seemed to think a deal was done.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-understood-agreed-fee-newcastle-21244306

Scanlon, Gordon, Mabaya and Osbourne have at some level. U16s Josh Davidson and Omoruyi who were in the u18s last week have played for England youth sides recently.

U18s game is being shown on MUTV today at 1130 so might be a stream somewhere

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103660 on: August 21, 2021, 09:45:59 am »
That's just getting time in the first team, if you listen to what Klopp says you'll see.

Not sure I understand you, that doesn’t answer my concern as to his progress.  Klopp is positive about everyone and yet plenty move on. Hoping that won’t be the way with this lad, but I find it odd that we play him in a position where at first team level we value height and physicality

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103661 on: August 21, 2021, 11:49:00 am »
Oakley’s got us 1-0 up v Man U in the U18s.  Started at 1130

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103662 on: August 21, 2021, 11:54:54 am »
The away kit looks superb.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103663 on: August 21, 2021, 12:03:38 pm »
2-0, Luca Stephenson with a drive from outside the box.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103664 on: August 21, 2021, 12:05:22 pm »
2-0, Luca Stephenson with a drive from outside the box.
Have you found a stream?

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103665 on: August 21, 2021, 12:07:46 pm »
Have you found a stream?
MUTV's included with my IPTV package, had to mute it though because the commentary's like a North Korean state broadcast.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103666 on: August 21, 2021, 12:15:02 pm »
MUTV's included with my IPTV package, had to mute it though because the commentary's like a North Korean state broadcast.
Haha ah right no problem.

Cheers for the updates though from you and hopefulred

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103667 on: August 21, 2021, 01:02:02 pm »
5-0 now.  Oakley with a hatrick and Terence Miles on scoresheet too.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #103668 on: August 21, 2021, 01:29:15 pm »
Ended 5-0?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #103669 on: August 21, 2021, 01:29:36 pm »
What a smashing result.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #103670 on: August 21, 2021, 01:30:59 pm »
Lovely stuff.  Now to wait for Reddit to upload the highlights.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103671 on: August 21, 2021, 01:32:30 pm »
Fantastic result for the young reds looking forward to seeing the highlights of the game.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #103672 on: August 21, 2021, 02:32:58 pm »
Looks like Clarkson starting for Blackburn today

Offline dakid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103673 on: August 21, 2021, 02:47:25 pm »
Depends on if they can create space in the u23s..imagine there's 20+ outfield players who aren't eligible for the u18s still there who need minutes plus some u18s stepping up
Surely it makes more sense to have Balagizi getting tested at u23 level or at least on the bench than players like Dixon-Bonner who was on trial elsewhere in the summer or Ritaccio who has made about 1t appearances in total for the u18s and u23s over the last two seasons.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103674 on: August 21, 2021, 02:47:56 pm »
5-0 now.  Oakley with a hatrick and Terence Miles on scoresheet too.

Oakley started on 🔥

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103675 on: August 21, 2021, 02:54:50 pm »
Surely it makes more sense to have Balagizi getting tested at u23 level or at least on the bench than players like Dixon-Bonner who was on trial elsewhere in the summer or Ritaccio who has made about 1t appearances in total for the u18s and u23s over the last two seasons.
I agree. Looking at the sides today we had a much more experienced one out and as you say not sure how much of a test it is for Balagizi, or a few others as well. Quansah is another who hasn't been pushed on much and barley played u233 football. Others who's he's played with for England have been pushed on more and it'll have benefited them.

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #103676 on: August 21, 2021, 03:33:19 pm »
any time clarkson has gotten ball here he has used it well but he playing no 10 and you can see it's not his natural position he struggling get into game .
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103677 on: August 21, 2021, 03:35:07 pm »
Excellent result for the U18s.

Cannonier has started brilliantly, five goals in two games now. From the updates I was following, Bajcetic and Chambers were impressive - Bajcetic is one I was looking forward to watching this season, assuming LFCTV shows the games.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #103678 on: August 21, 2021, 11:04:45 pm »

The last few seasons some of the more experienced u18s have started the first few weeks at that level then moved up to the 23s once some of the older lads have gone out on loan.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #103679 on: August 21, 2021, 11:33:03 pm »

Did you listen when the game got to 5-0 lol
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.