Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12310319 times)

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #103520 on: July 9, 2021, 10:43:12 pm »
Echo suggesting Balagizi has his arm in a plaster as a possible reason for his exclusion from the Austria trip

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
« Reply #103521 on: July 9, 2021, 11:10:33 pm »
Echo suggesting Balagizi has his arm in a plaster as a possible reason for his exclusion from the Austria trip

arms defo in plaster, he posted a pic on his twitter

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103522 on: July 10, 2021, 12:41:41 am »
The league ain't ready for this.  8)

Who's No. 82?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #103523 on: July 10, 2021, 01:47:39 am »
Who's No. 82?

Looks like Musialowski.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103524 on: July 10, 2021, 11:41:45 am »
Messiwandowski looks like he might have had a bit of a growth spurt over the summer, or is it just the angle the picture's taken from and the fact he's next to the midget that is Harvey Elliott?

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #103525 on: July 16, 2021, 01:08:16 pm »
Musialowski signs his first deal :)
AHA!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103526 on: July 16, 2021, 01:10:15 pm »
The coming of Messi and Lewandowski combined is upon us.  8)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #103527 on: July 16, 2021, 01:56:59 pm »
Plenty of youngsters have signed deals which is good, just hop some of the first teamers do now, surprised there's been no official confirmation on any yet, though I imagine the likes of Salah's and Alisson's may be ongoing.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #103528 on: July 16, 2021, 06:06:43 pm »
didn't know anything about muscleovski so had a quick scan on youtube. WTF??!! looks like an Insane talent. we need to get him on growth hormones and pay him 100m per year immediately... (with a 50% pay cut to keep the club afloat)

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103529 on: July 17, 2021, 10:48:26 am »
Looks like the official site has put up the profiles of the first year scholars a bit earlier than usual
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/team/academy

Hewitson, Hayes-Green, Bajcetic, Scanlon, Miles, Osbourne, McConnell, Mabaya, Gordon, Pilling, Roberts

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103531 on: July 17, 2021, 04:08:24 pm »
PItaluga was listed as one of the squad for the first team trip to Austria, but not seen him yet.  Do we suppose he is injured? 

On the list of first year scholars , I think we all knew Ennis had moved on (sadly).  I think there may have been one more U16 who got minutes in the U18s last year but is not included.  Don’t know whether still an U16 for this year, or has walked, or been released.  11 new scholars seems about the right number.  If you look at the Academy outgoings released, sold (Millar), or walked (Larouci, Savage), there is only 7 so far.  Not much good stockpiling unless we get more out on loan.  Doubtless there will be some loans yet but news of the adcademy pre-season is scant except for a steady trickle of new contract signings

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103532 on: July 17, 2021, 04:21:32 pm »
PItaluga was listed as one of the squad for the first team trip to Austria, but not seen him yet.  Do we suppose he is injured?

https://twitter.com/mpitaluga_/status/1414972617602252810

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103533 on: July 17, 2021, 04:24:50 pm »
I think there may have been one more U16 who got minutes in the U18s last year but is not included.  Don’t know whether still an U16 for this year, or has walked, or been released.  11 new scholars seems about the right number.   
Giblin?

I'm pretty sure he was an u15 last season

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103534 on: July 17, 2021, 05:06:05 pm »
Giblin?

I'm pretty sure he was an u15 last season

Josh Davidson?

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103535 on: July 17, 2021, 05:08:04 pm »
Josh Davidson?
Pretty sure he's an u15 last year, u16 this as well.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #103536 on: July 18, 2021, 04:23:13 pm »
Ethan Ennis has refused to sign a contract ?   rejected the offer of a scholarship this summer and looks set to instead join one of the our Premier League rivals.

Offline Floop

• Main Stander
« Reply #103537 on: July 18, 2021, 05:40:34 pm »
Ethan Ennis has refused to sign a contract ?   rejected the offer of a scholarship this summer and looks set to instead join one of the our Premier League rivals.

Yeah, rumours are that he wanted a bigger paycheck and we have a wage cap.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103538 on: July 18, 2021, 06:05:47 pm »
Inglethorpe admitted the wage cap, which seemed a pretty soft one anyway, isn't something we stick to for everyone.

He'll have picked any number of reasons to leave to join Manchester United, money might be one

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #103539 on: July 18, 2021, 08:24:59 pm »

If the only reason was money, good riddance.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103540 on: July 18, 2021, 10:24:47 pm »
Bobby Ethan Dennis Duncan?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103541 on: July 19, 2021, 10:24:54 am »
This is a huge assumption.  Wages for one year as a 17 year old is most unlikely to be the reason - it’s too shortsighted and no one needs a big pay packet age 17.  They all get another deal a year later, than another.  Owen Beck is supposed to signed one at 17 and another 2 since, all in Less than 18 months.  So the pay goes up.  The decision is most likely to be based on chances of progression, and one article I read said Klopp had a poor record on that versus the other big clubs.  Actually I think they are right.  But that probably says more about the historic quality of our academy, and our style of play, and lack of rotation.   So we sold Hoever, Brewster, and might have to sell Neco Williams, etc and others like Woodbury and Wilson never really broke through.  Just saying mind, would rather have Klopp than any other manager in the world

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103542 on: July 19, 2021, 12:27:24 pm »
@hopefulred
“ So we sold Hoever, Brewster, and might have to sell Neco Williams, etc and others like Woodbury and Wilson never really broke through.  Just saying mind, would rather have Klopp than any other manager in the world”

Don’t see us regretting any of those sales or more we will be correct most of the time

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103543 on: July 19, 2021, 02:35:50 pm »
@hopefulred
“ So we sold Hoever, Brewster, and might have to sell Neco Williams, etc and others like Woodbury and Wilson never really broke through.  Just saying mind, would rather have Klopp than any other manager in the world”

Don’t see us regretting any of those sales or more we will be correct most of the time

Yeah, you might be right but that wasn’t my point.  By the law of averages with good academies, there should be a few that come through and a number of games for the club to get a good career started, even if they then move on.  This seems to be the case with most top academies, except us and Man City.  Is, for example, Brandon Williams any better than Neco Williams?  But the former has has 20 plus prem league games, a lot from starting.  We had Trent playing a ridiculous number of games last year on the back of injury and COVID but Neco wasn’t entirely trusted.  Of course he is not as good as Trent, no where near, but if you don’t play players, trust them, give them a chance to blossom, then they might not develop to their potential with us.  At least Man City rotate, even if not with this own youth so much.  I think Brewster could have been a really top striker, if he had played a bit more, if he had stayed longer.  Now he’s in the wilderness.   Klopp probably has good reason not to trust some players (Tsimikas for a year, Minamino some most of that), and he knows much better than me, but if players don’t develop and play a bit then they at least look like their growth gets stunted.  I fear a bit for Cain and Clarkson.  They’ve been training with the firsts for a year and a bit, without playing apart from U23s. I think they’ll need loans sooner rather than later.   Anyway, my point is that if players don’t see a pathway then why hang around.  Man U and Chelsea offering much better chances on this than us at the moment.  Even their ‘rejects’, Abraham, Hudson Odoi, the over-rated Loftus Cheek etc should get good careers at good clubs.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103544 on: July 19, 2021, 03:01:46 pm »
Chelsea have the Lampard year and a half and that's it though. Guehi wouldn't sign a new deal and wanted to leave and 3 of their players won't sign new pro deals and are now training with the u16s

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103545 on: July 19, 2021, 03:30:12 pm »
Yeah, you might be right but that wasn’t my point.  By the law of averages with good academies, there should be a few that come through and a number of games for the club to get a good career started, even if they then move on.  This seems to be the case with most top academies, except us and Man City.  Is, for example, Brandon Williams any better than Neco Williams?  But the former has has 20 plus prem league games, a lot from starting.  We had Trent playing a ridiculous number of games last year on the back of injury and COVID but Neco wasn’t entirely trusted.  Of course he is not as good as Trent, no where near, but if you don’t play players, trust them, give them a chance to blossom, then they might not develop to their potential with us.  At least Man City rotate, even if not with this own youth so much.  I think Brewster could have been a really top striker, if he had played a bit more, if he had stayed longer.  Now he’s in the wilderness.   Klopp probably has good reason not to trust some players (Tsimikas for a year, Minamino some most of that), and he knows much better than me, but if players don’t develop and play a bit then they at least look like their growth gets stunted.  I fear a bit for Cain and Clarkson.  They’ve been training with the firsts for a year and a bit, without playing apart from U23s. I think they’ll need loans sooner rather than later.   Anyway, my point is that if players don’t see a pathway then why hang around.  Man U and Chelsea offering much better chances on this than us at the moment.  Even their ‘rejects’, Abraham, Hudson Odoi, the over-rated Loftus Cheek etc should get good careers at good clubs.
Personally think if there good enough the pathway will be there with us , we’re just moving them on quicker than dragging there time out , honestly think we got over what  Brewster was worth and probably get more for Neco than United will for Williams .

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103546 on: July 19, 2021, 09:33:42 pm »
This is a huge assumption.  Wages for one year as a 17 year old is most unlikely to be the reason - it’s too shortsighted and no one needs a big pay packet age 17.  They all get another deal a year later, than another.  Owen Beck is supposed to signed one at 17 and another 2 since, all in Less than 18 months.  So the pay goes up.  The decision is most likely to be based on chances of progression, and one article I read said Klopp had a poor record on that versus the other big clubs.  Actually I think they are right.  But that probably says more about the historic quality of our academy, and our style of play, and lack of rotation.   So we sold Hoever, Brewster, and might have to sell Neco Williams, etc and others like Woodbury and Wilson never really broke through.  Just saying mind, would rather have Klopp than any other manager in the world
In the last five years we've had one world-class player come through the Academy and Curtis Jones also looks like he'll be international class.
Would you be happy with two players like that every five years? I think I would be. Sure, even more would be better, but perhaps unrealistic.

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #103547 on: July 20, 2021, 11:09:32 am »
In the last five years we've had one world-class player come through the Academy and Curtis Jones also looks like he'll be international class.
Would you be happy with two players like that every five years? I think I would be. Sure, even more would be better, but perhaps unrealistic.

I would be, but let’s be careful with “international class”.  I agree that Curtis, an England U21, looks like he will be international class, but you haven’t mentioned any of Woodburn, Wilson, Neco, Caoimhin, or Connor who have played international football having come through our academy.  Some of these are on different trajectories, but it is clear there is talent coming through, and more to follow

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103548 on: July 21, 2021, 02:01:22 pm »
Frauendorf signed his first contract.  :D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #103549 on: July 21, 2021, 02:11:14 pm »
Frauendorf signed his first contract.  :D

That's nice to see, he's good at the footballs.

U23s team is gonna be really interesting next year.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #103550 on: July 21, 2021, 02:39:36 pm »

Chelsea was a one off with the transfer ban and Lampard employed to bring players through. Then they spent 250 mill and fucked him off. Abraham would get games if he'd come through here, he was a bigger prospect than Solanke (who had his chances). Hudson Odoi and Loftus Cheek were very highly rated coming through and sought after. Mount and James took their chances, but in what's been a golden era for Chelsea's academy in terms of talent produced not many have progressed to play much for the first team.

United are good at giving young players opportunities but then they've had a substandard squad since Ferguson left.

Our lack of a run in domestic cups hasn't helped. Curtis Jones and Neco Williams had a big breatkthrough in the cup games we had in 19/20. Curtis then pushed on in all comps last season, whereas Neco didn't, which will happen. It's easier to bed players in in League Cup or Europa League than Premier League games when you've no margin for error, or CL.

The disappointing one for me was Hoever. I thought he was good enough to break through and become a first team player.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103551 on: July 22, 2021, 04:08:40 pm »
Twitter says we're signing Bobby Clark from Newcastle. Son of Lee Clark and would be a first year scholar. Played for England u15s and 16s as well

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #103552 on: July 22, 2021, 04:17:08 pm »
Twitter says we're signing Bobby Clark from Newcastle. Son of Lee Clark and would be a first year scholar. Played for England u15s and 16s as well

There's been a bit of buzz around him, might be a good pick up.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103553 on: July 22, 2021, 04:26:17 pm »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103554 on: July 23, 2021, 09:14:33 pm »
Kade Gordon hype around this lad too.

https://twitter.com/RisingBallers_/status/1418191530922283010

Gordon looks an absolute steal to be fair, signing the absolute best u18s is the way to go when it comes to value in the market, Elliott is another example.

The main thing to me is if we can get the younger players to take up squad positions then we can really focus our recruitment on the best players, in the past we had nothing coming through so had to fill the squad gaps which left us not enough to compete

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103555 on: July 25, 2021, 02:28:10 pm »
Looks like Tony Gallacher will be the next U23 player to leave according to David Lynch, we're in talks with Sunderland which would be a good move at the right time for him to go and compete for regular first-team football somewhere.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103556 on: July 25, 2021, 04:08:10 pm »
Watching back highlights and who is this Beck kid?  Maybe slight overreaction but he looked very good against Mainz
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103557 on: July 25, 2021, 05:04:30 pm »
Watching back highlights and who is this Beck kid?  Maybe slight overreaction but he looked very good against Mainz
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-owen-beck-liverpools-rising-21042596

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103558 on: July 25, 2021, 06:19:41 pm »
Looks like Tony Gallacher will be the next U23 player to leave according to David Lynch, we're in talks with Sunderland which would be a good move at the right time for him to go and compete for regular first-team football somewhere.
There's quite a few u23s we could do with moving on. I know part of it was wanting to keep a strong u18 side together last season but there were some who could have been pushed on earlier if we didn't need to also spread minutes around older players.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #103559 on: July 25, 2021, 08:30:14 pm »
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-owen-beck-liverpools-rising-21042596

Thanks, and Whisper it quietly but I’ve just set my hype meter to 11.  Love the family connection
You'll Never Walk Alone