Author Topic: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous  (Read 88544 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous
« Reply #520 on: March 5, 2016, 09:13:53 pm »
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Limbo

• Ridiculous
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: March 7, 2016, 02:00:47 am »
May I suggest we drop the word "ridiculous" from the subject line?

While there might be some disagreement on the card carrying rules and the way the stewards are carrying out their duties, the word "ridiculous" invokes very negative images of oppression and unreasonableness.

It also reads more like a verdict then a topic for discussion, which I do find kind of misleading.

Given that this thread is often on the first page and long running, a more neutral subject line might also be more appropriate and fair.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #522 on: March 7, 2016, 02:01:30 am »

While there might be some disagreement on the card carrying rules and the way the stewards are carrying out their duties, the word "ridiculous" invokes very negative images of oppression and unreasonableness.

It also reads more like a verdict then a topic for discussion, which I do find kind of misleading.

Given that this thread is often on the first page and long running, a more neutral subject line might also be more appropriate and fair.
Ridiculous.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #523 on: March 7, 2016, 10:07:21 am »

Maybe a question mark?

It's still far better than the awful "Dave ja vu" title that's been running for months.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: March 7, 2016, 10:12:32 am »

RAWK is serious business
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #525 on: March 7, 2016, 10:21:34 am »

Negative images of oppression & unreasonableness. That would be like announcing Ł77 tickets after 13 months of consultations with 3 supporters groups or chucking 3 children out of the ground with 10 minutes to go against Arsenal.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #526 on: March 7, 2016, 12:07:42 pm »
Must be taking a good amount of cards away then, we've all been in the situation when we can't go for whatever reason and have passed them on to family or mates.

If they are taking the cards off people but letting them stay and watch the match, it could be a sensible compromise. No one misses the game. A member occasionally will have to collect their card back before a game, presenting ID. Whilst it is a pain in the arse, it is not that bad. But if you are a tout sitting on lots of memberships, you need to round up the original people with ID to get those cards back. It disproportionately impacts the parasites sitting on lots of memberships to sell on. It may well be the least bad option - as long as the stewards are not complete arses about how they implement it.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #527 on: March 7, 2016, 01:32:04 pm »

No.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: March 8, 2016, 11:24:55 am »
Hopefully there is a drive by the club to get tickets in the right hands. Multiple season tickets and membership cards and the like. Took 2 friends over from Germany to the Man City game midweek and they had bought 2 tickets in the main stand for €120 each off a member. From what they told me (I genuinely didn't know this) he had a queue of people waiting for him at the Marriot by Queens Square collecting tickets so would have made a fortune

These are the people we need to stop. The ones who profit from other Reds wanting to go the game

There's a balance to be struck obviously. You should be able to let your mate or your brother or whatever go the game on your ticket or card if you've paid for it and there needs to be a better system in place for allowing this with zero consequences. Maybe you collect a one off ticket for the game in exchange for the members card at the ticket office and the member just has to go and collect it for the next game (names agreed beforehand)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #529 on: March 8, 2016, 12:27:06 pm »
Hopefully there is a drive by the club to get tickets in the right hands. Multiple season tickets and membership cards and the like. Took 2 friends over from Germany to the Man City game midweek and they had bought 2 tickets in the main stand for €120 each off a member. From what they told me (I genuinely didn't know this) he had a queue of people waiting for him at the Marriot by Queens Square collecting tickets so would have made a fortune

These are the people we need to stop. The ones who profit from other Reds wanting to go the game

There's a balance to be struck obviously. You should be able to let your mate or your brother or whatever go the game on your ticket or card if you've paid for it and there needs to be a better system in place for allowing this with zero consequences. Maybe you collect a one off ticket for the game in exchange for the members card at the ticket office and the member just has to go and collect it for the next game (names agreed beforehand)

Your friends perpetuated the problem. Tell them thanks.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #530 on: March 8, 2016, 12:46:50 pm »
Who knows, this may slow down when people are paying touts way over the odds for Ł9 restricted view tickets..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #531 on: March 8, 2016, 12:56:04 pm »
Your friends perpetuated the problem. Tell them thanks.

He should be calling LFC with the card numbers shopping this Tout
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #532 on: March 10, 2016, 11:04:18 am »
Question..............

We have 3 member cards linked and have 3 tickets for tonight. I purchased them on my member card with my debit card and will be attending tonight, however, my cousins will no longer be going so I will be taking 2 other people.

Should I be ok, as I am the lead member or should I inform the club of the other people going on my 2 cousins member cards?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: March 10, 2016, 11:37:22 am »
You'll be fine.

Offline marios_moustache

• Kopite
« Reply #534 on: March 10, 2016, 11:38:11 am »
You'll be fine.

Cheers, have always been ok in the past just a little concerned with recent stories

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #535 on: March 10, 2016, 10:42:35 pm »
Got my card checked today for a young adult at turnstile B. They didn't seem to know how the YA tickets work! I turned 22 on the 7th August so I was 21 on the 1st August! They tried telling me it was the 1st September

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: March 11, 2016, 08:56:52 am »
I got checked too as my turnstile showed yellow even though I had an adults ticket. They were sound to be fair and when I started trying to log on my purchase history they said you're clearly telling the truth on your way, it must be the system playing up!

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #537 on: March 14, 2016, 02:17:08 pm »
 Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I've got two questions. I'm looking for four tickets together for the Stoke game for a very special occasion. I could get some through the club but for 630 quid! Obviously that's a nonstarter. So, First off trying to get the tickets sounds difficult but secondly even if I manage  to get them is there a good possibility of Stewards stopping and a checking? What do you think?
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #538 on: March 14, 2016, 02:25:47 pm »
Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I've got two questions. I'm looking for four tickets together for the Stoke game for a very special occasion. I could get some through the club but for 630 quid! Obviously that's a nonstarter. So, First off trying to get the tickets sounds difficult but secondly even if I manage  to get them is there a good possibility of Stewards stopping and a checking? What do you think?

Probably better off asking somewhere in here:

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: March 14, 2016, 02:48:59 pm »

There should be an additional members sale soon for it, and late availability, and I think if you're on the ball and keep checking you'll get some. 4 together might be a bit difficult though. If we qualify on Thursday, it'll be sandwiched between the 2 Europa league games too which might make a few swerve it.

The exchange on here should have some too.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Huytonian

• Kopite
« Reply #540 on: March 14, 2016, 04:07:14 pm »
There should be an additional members sale soon for it, and late availability, and I think if you're on the ball and keep checking you'll get some. 4 together might be a bit difficult though. If we qualify on Thursday, it'll be sandwiched between the 2 Europa league games too which might make a few swerve it.

The exchange on here should have some too.

Nice one, thanks. For the last few years I've just been buying/using other people's cards. If I manage to get any for the Stoke game and going in with my 9 and 14 year old daughters I thought it might look susceptible to inspection a bit like the example in the OP.
We’re not English. We’re SCOUSE.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #541 on: May 8, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »
According to twitter there was more of this today.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: May 8, 2016, 08:12:29 pm »
According to twitter there was more of this today.

Not in 306. I saw a bloke with a hotdog standing in the aisle, steward came over and asked him to move in a bit (as they always do). Took out his little silver card, handed it over and said where is the seat? This steward obviously had not got the memo.

Reading it back the hotdog has no relevance to the story.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #543 on: May 8, 2016, 11:27:45 pm »
Reading it back the hotdog has no relevance to the story.

Not sure why this bit made me laugh as much as it did! ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline reddragon

• Main Stander
« Reply #544 on: April 3, 2017, 09:43:23 pm »
somebosy suggesting the stewards are checking cards taking in block by block

anyone heard anything?

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 4, 2017, 07:14:00 am »
Stewards at the turnstiles for the first time actually asked to see my text confirmation. Wondered what he'd have done if I didn't have one...
YNWA.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: April 4, 2017, 07:18:42 am »
They were asking people how they got their tickets when they went into the ground

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: April 4, 2017, 07:26:51 am »
I guess I look local.. :P

They never asked me, nor did I see it happen, going into the gates by the Great Eastern flag pole about 1/2 hour before the match.

I did have my confirmation with me.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: April 4, 2017, 08:16:46 am »
Come to think of it there are no terms and conditions on the site for match tickets, just season tickets. Wonder if there is anything in that.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: August 4, 2017, 05:52:24 pm »
Bump

Does this still go on? My mate can't go on his membership card for the first game so my brother might use the membership.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: August 6, 2017, 09:11:02 pm »
Yep. Checked mine for the Boro game.

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: August 6, 2017, 10:13:17 pm »
Yep. Checked mine for the Boro game.

Did they check in the ground or before you went in? What stand and block was it?

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #552 on: August 7, 2017, 08:47:23 am »
Bump

Does this still go on? My mate can't go on his membership card for the first game so my brother might use the membership.

Ring the ticket office and tell them your mate is giving it away for free, and send the lad to the game with a letter from your mate saying the same. I've even had others pick up my tickets at the ticket office when I've been unable to go.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: August 7, 2017, 09:08:15 am »
Did they check in the ground or before you went in? What stand and block was it?

Kop. At the turn style.

Offline ScouseBrad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #554 on: August 9, 2017, 03:44:04 pm »
Ring the ticket office and tell them your mate is giving it away for free, and send the lad to the game with a letter from your mate saying the same. I've even had others pick up my tickets at the ticket office when I've been unable to go.

Yes this is the best way - they are happy with the letters. TBF to the stewards they are being told to help with clamping down on touting - heard theres going to be a ramp up of these inspections throughout the season....

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: August 9, 2017, 04:18:16 pm »
How about a text on your phone from the ST holder authorizing use?

Good enough for the stewards?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: August 9, 2017, 04:23:21 pm »
How about a text on your phone from the ST holder authorizing use?

Good enough for the stewards?

In the same vein, would an email be ok?

Offline ScouseBrad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #557 on: August 9, 2017, 04:47:36 pm »
In the same vein, would an email be ok?

Would need to check, but think the club will agree if an email is sent confirming no money changes hands? This is where the underlying issue is from what I know - don't quote me because the club may accept a text - I guess its whether they can link the number/ email to the original card holder...

Offline Carllfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: August 9, 2017, 06:32:42 pm »
A steward in my work says they've stopped doing it now because they are too busy. Will just have to wait and see I guess.

Offline BobbyP

• Boys Pen
« Reply #559 on: August 25, 2017, 08:58:58 pm »
hi all first time poster after lurking in the background for a while. I was just wondering how strict they are this season with someone else using a card not in their name