Author Topic: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous  (Read 88548 times)

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous
« Reply #200 on: January 15, 2016, 06:00:48 pm »
Photo's on Fancards, and a way to transfer tickets between fancards right up to kick off... Simples

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #201 on: January 15, 2016, 06:01:12 pm »
Whilst I can't agree with ejecting kids in the middle of the game,  this wouldn't be necessary if so many members cards weren't used by credit hunters who actually rarely go any games bar the big ones and constantly sell on their seats.  Does it occur to people that confiscating the credit hunters cards mean that more tickets will be available for fans without so many credits or even none at all?  Frankly I'm pleased the club are clamping down on people who credit hunt and don't attend the games.  If you want to go the game, buy a ticket,  otherwise,  don't buy a ticket.   We should all be against people who buy tickets,  have no intention of attending,  but who  get the credit and thus priority in future sales.  Remove this from the ticket buying process and we all get more chance of getting tickets and credits on our own members cards. 

Personally I applaud the club for trying to make tickets access fairer for all,  although they might need to adjust some of their methods.

This is a very good point as it does definitely happen, however I asked this question to the OP and he said that the 4 people whose name the cards are in are normally the 4 people who use them. This was just one of the occasions they happened not to be.

So whilst not relevant to this case it would seem, it is another problem with the way the members cards work.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #202 on: January 15, 2016, 06:05:15 pm »
bollocks, maybe he goes every week and just wanted to sort his mate out because it was his kids birthday.

Yes,  he might have.  Are you denying then that people have members cards and credit hunt on them,  passing them on multiple times a season for the less glamorous games?
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #203 on: January 15, 2016, 06:07:35 pm »
This is a very good point as it does definitely happen, however I asked this question to the OP and he said that the 4 people whose name the cards are in are normally the 4 people who use them. This was just one of the occasions they happened not to be.

So whilst not relevant to this case it would seem, it is another problem with the way the members cards work.

This is the problem.  In this case the person who took their family were very unfortunate.  But they have been caught up in the bigger issue surrounding the abuse of members cards.  People need to take the emotion out of the situation,  which was sad for this family,  and look at the bigger picture.
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #204 on: January 15, 2016, 06:09:06 pm »
Photo's on Fancards, and a way to transfer tickets between fancards right up to kick off... Simples

This would be my solution.  Easy to administer,  and hard to circumvent.  Maybe the club could also look at legit ways for members with tickets close to the game to transfer them to family members.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: January 15, 2016, 06:16:26 pm »

Agree. Really unfortunate that genuine people have been caught up in this and it seems an odd, heavy-handed approach by the club, who as usual are going about things in completely the wrong way. But sadly this is the way it has to be to stop all these twitter touts and credit hunters. Probably should have a limit on how many different people can be linked to it aswell, otherwise it will just be abused.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: January 15, 2016, 06:18:02 pm »
One of the video's on BT when the first goal was scored showed part of the ground all jumped up to celebrate... apart from two men sat together towards the front, who stayed seated and didn't show any emotion...

I doubt they were home supporters either!

I had a couple of Spurs fans behind me a few years back, they stood out like sore thumbs.

Also had a pair of Southampton fans in front of me at another game, one of them jumped up and went mental when Southampton scored. 

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #207 on: January 15, 2016, 06:31:38 pm »
Yes,  he might have.  Are you denying then that people have members cards and credit hunt on them,  passing them on multiple times a season for the less glamorous games?

But not in this case, so why don't you concentrate on the matter in hand and post that on another thread?
Three kids, ten minutes before the end of the game? Fuck off LFC.

Offline It's Jimmy Corkhill

• No more scrapping in Page Moss. Marxist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta La Victoria Siempre....
« Reply #208 on: January 15, 2016, 06:38:29 pm »
Whilst I can't agree with ejecting kids in the middle of the game,  this wouldn't be necessary if so many members cards weren't used by credit hunters who actually rarely go any games bar the big ones and constantly sell on their seats.  Does it occur to people that confiscating the credit hunters cards mean that more tickets will be available for fans without so many credits or even none at all?  Frankly I'm pleased the club are clamping down on people who credit hunt and don't attend the games.  If you want to go the game, buy a ticket,  otherwise,  don't buy a ticket.   We should all be against people who buy tickets,  have no intention of attending,  but who  get the credit and thus priority in future sales.  Remove this from the ticket buying process and we all get more chance of getting tickets and credits on our own members cards. 

Personally I applaud the club for trying to make tickets access fairer for all,  although they might need to adjust some of their methods.

You're getting the wrong end of the stick and you're confusing credit hunters with people being victimised by the club for selling or even giving away for a free a ticket.

Throwing a fella out with kids is a fucking shithouse move and the club need their head testing. The end.
"I'm a people man. Only the people matter".
-Bill Shankly.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #209 on: January 15, 2016, 06:51:47 pm »
I am becoming more and more disenchanted with the way things are evolving at the club. Why target and make an example out of a fellah and his three kids? Kids, I tell you.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #210 on: January 15, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »
Throwing a fella out with kids is a fucking shithouse move and the club need their head testing. The end.
This. Just because a company (seemingly) has the right to do something, it doesn't always make it the right thing to do. What a horrible experience for these kids to endure. Must have been at best confusing, at worst totally humiliating. I hate corporations. Sort your Customer Experience out, LFC, ffs, cos if you're serious about being a business, the CX journey is paramount - unless said corporation doesn't give a damn about individuals, knowing there's thousands waiting for the same seat who'll put up with who knows what inconveniences........then CX is totally irrelevant.........they still seem to want us as "customers" but put no effort into treating us like "customers" - we're still treated like "consumers" or "cattle".........so the C in CX becomes anything but "Customer". It's all very, very, very, very messy - and just cos it's footie. We're still treated like shite after all these years......
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:08:19 pm by 24/7 »

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #211 on: January 15, 2016, 07:09:51 pm »

This. Just because a company (seemingly) has the right to do something, it doesn't always make it the right thing to do. What a horrible experience for these kids to endure. Must have been at best confusing, at worst totally humiliating. I hate corporations. Sort your Customer Experience out, LFC, ffs, cos if you're serious about being a business, the CX journey is paramount - unless said corporation doesn't give a damn about individuals, knowing there's thousands waiting for the same seat who'll put up with who knows what inconveniences........then CX is totally irrelevant.........they still seem to want us as "customers" but put no effort into treating us like "customers" - we're still treated like "consumers" or "cattle".........so the C in CX becomes anything but "Customer". It's all very, very, very, very messy - and just cos it's footie. We're still treated like shite after all these years......
Fantastically put.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #212 on: January 15, 2016, 07:19:14 pm »

Correct

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: January 15, 2016, 07:21:12 pm »
Fantastically put.
You know, I've done some very interesting and challenging consultancy work in the last year or so, including for a prestigious motor vehicle manufacturer, a leading, global credit card company and also for the largest privately-owned company in India. If any of those companies perceived and subsequently treated their paying "customers' the way that most (if not all) leading football clubs do, there'd be absolute fucking hell to pay and they would find themselves in all sorts of cack. But because it's only football, well...........

There's a whole paradigm shift that needs to take place in these businesses. The way fan cards, season tickets, banners, interviews, merchandising, customer response centres, stewarding, everything - absolutely EVERY element of their "customer-facing" strategy and infrastructure, all of it - absolutely all of it - needs a thorough root-and-branch revamp in order to deliver the best possible experience all round, to the benefit of all people involved in the sport - primarily the people who keep it alive - the paying supporters.

Who wants to pay a subscription to a TV channel to watch footie inside a stadium populated by mute corporate robots or people emasculated of their passionate expressions that actually CREATE the fucking atmosphere that is so ENTICING to those who cannot experience it themselves?!?!?! But as long as the TV cash keeps rolling in, the players keep getting paid more and more, and the sponsors get more and more of the ticket allocation to the bigger games, the bean-counters rub their hands with glee and willingly bend over. All in the guise of a future that the game continues to hurtle towards which will, when they get there, reveal its paucity of loyalty and throw clubs callously to the side if they can't pay up. What kind of future is that?

Talk about a snake eating its own tail.

(sorry for the rant - probably the wrong thread - I just get so frustrated, being one of those who has been effectively priced out of the game  I loved as a lad and supported as an adult)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:25:11 pm by 24/7 »

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #214 on: January 15, 2016, 07:24:42 pm »
Modern football is rubbish.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #215 on: January 15, 2016, 07:24:47 pm »

In a nutshell they lacked any sensitivity about their actions and its effect on the kids,

and you're right about the complacent way the club can treat all fans now, if not you then ten more behind waiting for your seat.

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: January 15, 2016, 07:28:51 pm »

But can you not see the flipside?

We as consumers, sorry, supporters, are forced to spend thirty quid to have the right to even try in the bulk sales, wherein we put up with the often shite selection of seats after the corporate partners have had their cut of the stands...then we have to guess which games we can attend in up to five months time...after the TV companies have rearranged fixtures to their liking...it's a fucking joke. Oh and the tickets go up in price every year.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: January 15, 2016, 07:29:25 pm »
Should go to the echo as well as the guardian, someone like David Conn usually writes a lot of stuff about this and you may get some joy

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: January 15, 2016, 07:43:17 pm »

What a load of fucking nonsense, so anyone who passes on a card to someone for whatever reason is a credit hunter? Garbage. There's a reason they have an exchange for seasies, because people can't make games for a variety of reasons. Can't be too difficult for the club to devise a system, if they care that much, whereby you could enter the name of the person using your card, if you are not using it yourself.

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #219 on: January 15, 2016, 07:45:08 pm »
They all have full credits on them, we normally buy in the kop but on this particular occasion got booted out of the ticket system on the

purchase screen and by the time we went back in could only get 129. To be honest we take the seats where we can get them. Am sick to

the stomach about this. The fact that I called the club explained exactly what happened and that I needed the cards back for Utd and their

response was "a procedure" sickens me even further.
i rang the club about transferring tickets to my stepson and they said I needed to write to them for permission . It's my money you cheeky fuckers!! Which I have spent with you for the last 30 years

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 15, 2016, 07:49:18 pm »

It's bollocks, as has been pointed out numerous times if the club were truly arsed about it there's no way they don't know the faces who have got more cards going through their hands on a match day than a Vegas croupier, in fact I'd wage good money there are people inside the club who sort these people out.
Picking on, and throwing out a fella with his kids is pathetic, and as has been stated they picked on him because what can he do, kick off in front of his kids? They wouldn't bounce into 305 and start demanding to see people's cards because they'd get chased, and rightly so.
I hope someone checks the OP's seats on Sunday and when they're filled reports it to a steward, see what fucking happens then, if they produce tickets we will all know won't we.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: January 15, 2016, 07:51:30 pm »
Ideally film it too

Offline jimbo196843

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #222 on: January 15, 2016, 07:59:05 pm »
It's bollocks, as has been pointed out numerous times if the club were truly arsed about it there's no way they don't know the faces who have got more cards going through their hands on a match day than a Vegas croupier, in fact I'd wage good money there are people inside the club who sort these people out.
Picking on, and throwing out a fella with his kids is pathetic, and as has been stated they picked on him because what can he do, kick off in front of his kids? They wouldn't bounce into 305 and start demanding to see people's cards because they'd get chased, and rightly so.
I hope someone checks the OP's seats on Sunday and when they're filled reports it to a steward, see what fucking happens then, if they produce tickets we will all know won't we.
I went on Wednesday and there were 3 fans next to me, one of them was swearing and a steward told him to calm down. Bear in mind he was at it from the first minute and was a big lad. In my opinion the steward shit himself and didn't fancy it. We really are treated like knobs

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 15, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »
So you have 4 members cards then ? why would you need 4 memebers cards ? think someones fishin ere

For him and his family I assume.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #224 on: January 15, 2016, 08:25:50 pm »
Depending on how it goes on Sunday, I may want them to come and take me and mine at about half 3.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #225 on: January 15, 2016, 08:29:38 pm »
Depending on how it goes on Sunday, I may want them to come and take me and mine at about half 3.
You think it will take till half three to take your`s away when your sitting there in spandex?

Interesting.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: January 15, 2016, 08:42:40 pm »
So you have 4 members cards then ? why would you need 4 memebers cards ? think someones fishin ere
hasnt he mentioned those were his and his 3 mates?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2016, 08:51:12 pm »
It's a separate discussion to the appalling treatment of people attending a game in good faith but your suggestion is impractical mate.

Firstly, if the club implemented & robustly enforced a photocard scheme the ground would seriously be half empty. But even though they've gone to the trouble of a photocard scheme how much effort will it then need to facilitate an approved exchange right up until kick off?

It would create a bureaucratic industry that the club have no intention of or capability of administering.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2016, 08:52:16 pm »
Please read the thread before contributing, thanks mate.

Offline Dam Sodd

• Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #229 on: January 15, 2016, 10:26:19 pm »
Proper shithouses going after an easy target to make it look like they are addressing the issue. When have they have gone after seats occupied by a gang of boneheads? Like others have said, short term - deal with it outside the ground, longer term come up with better distribution/resale mechanisms. Half the ground goes in on somebody elses ticket
Cool down and play

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #230 on: January 15, 2016, 11:51:57 pm »
Absolutely disgusting from the club! Honest to god its just one thing after another with these c*nts. Those poor kids will remember this for the rest of their lives and will probably never want to come back. My first game was Fowlers hatrick against Arsenal and it was an amazing experience. The whole thing got me hooked, even at 9 years old and it's probably the reason why I go to most games now.

The cuntishness of throwing a man with 3 children out of the ground 10 minutes before the end, meaning that those kids missed that 90th minute 'moment' that could have had them hooked for generations is so fucking backwards, words don't even come close.

Sick to death of walking past the same touts outside the KOP every game, year on year, yet the club does fuck all. What about all the c*nts on craigslist or gumtree? Its not fucking rocket science is it? But no, lets target the real fans who go to 19 games a year, probably go the cup games, possibly a few aways too, yet on occasion pass their tickets onto a few passionate reds who cannot afford forking out £30 for a membership to get a shit spec ticket for £50 once a year. This on the back of making members pay for tickets 1-6 months in advance, before TV times have been announced and they still don't expect people to have to pass them on when plans change? They live in their own little corporate football dreamworld and have absolutely no concept on what its actually like to be a real match going supporter because of the challenges the club put in place. 

Time to wake up LFC!
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 11:53:54 pm by Always_A_Red »
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 16, 2016, 03:08:37 am »
I know at least five guys that have been going on their friend or family's cards for years (STs). I can't imagine this will go well if they pick this fight.

Not a fan of having another photo ID, too. It's an easy solution but I'm a bit too left for all that.

When I was younger and "less aware" (I.e. No RAWK) on ticket procedures, I solely relied on borrowing other fancards. My first ever match day experience was borrowing someone's ST and sitting with his family - one of my fave match day experiences purely for the people I met.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 03:11:39 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #232 on: January 16, 2016, 03:13:43 am »

"The small print says you must carry a utility bill or driving licence in YOUR name, thems the rules kid."

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 16, 2016, 07:10:10 am »
Thing that gets me is you have Colin Murray on talksport always going on about sharing a St with a lady in the lower Annie Rd but do the club do anything? NO.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline ryatnalkar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: January 16, 2016, 08:22:20 am »
Why do you not put it on Clubs, John Henry, his wife et als Twitter? Linda and John are so proud about customer service that I am sure a few years back they served free hot chocolate and pretzels or something like that for a delay in a game that was Red Sox management fault. All you need is the club to invite these little lads back to the stadium, give them a special tour and your cards back. If you are absolutely confident of no wrong doing whatsoever then the fine print shall not matter. Focus on telling them about he humiliating experience and I think you'd find someone important to listen to this. Anyway, through this thread I hope the club has made some potential touters think about their transactions. So one step in the correct direction. Now let's see if they can right the wrong that was not letting those kids finish watching the game.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: January 16, 2016, 08:40:19 am »
Hmmm. Photo ID cards to attend footie games. Cos that idea worked so well I'm the 80s.......wouldn't surprise me in the least like.

Offline Manila Vanilla

• aka Spud Balls!
  • Legacy Fan
    • Baile Family Website
« Reply #236 on: January 16, 2016, 09:03:27 am »
Technically, the club has always been allowed to do what it has done. It has just opted not to. As a result, people have always used other people’s tickets.

Back in the 60s, I used to go in on my grandfather’s ST. You just had to flash the hardback cover of the booklet. Vouchers inside were only for cup games.

When I had my own ST you were always told that the voucher (to be given up for every match) should be accompanied by the book. People still passed on single vouchers and nobody ever checked.

It is now easier to check identity and there are also more reasons for doing so.

Firstly, there is the need to cut down on touting. Mind you, the club is one of the biggest culprits by allowing tickets to be included in expensive package tours.

The club will also work on the assumption that members will only attend a few matches each season. They will expect to get far more membership subscriptions than seats available. Passing tickets on reduces membership income to the club.

I would imagine the club told stewards to clamp down on the practice. Being human, they would not want to pick on someone who was likely to give them grief. The result has been yet another PR disaster for the club.

It makes me laugh that we refused the idea of membership cards when the Thatcher government tried to introduce them in the 80s. Now people are queuing up to buy the things! Football as we knew it is dead. I did my fatherly duty by taking my kids to a few general sales games (Europa, League Cup), then gave up the hobby of a lifetime.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #237 on: January 16, 2016, 09:16:06 am »
I had no idea this was the case and find it quite sad that the club thinks its the way to manage it.

I too gave my tickets to a friend and his son for the Arsenal game as I had to travel at late notice, so the seats would have been empty. Is this what the club prefer?

I understand the touting issue, but this is a ridiculous over reaction to the problem. I buy tickets for every game (Membership) and miss one or perhaps two games a year due to work, but I don't know in advance which those will be (or how many) so can't exactly plan it. Anyway they may get moved due to the stupid TV schedule.

The ticketing process is hard enough without this sort of interpretation of the rules. The majority of those punished buy this approach will be fans not profiting, just reluctantly handing tickets to friends or relatives if they can't go in my view.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #238 on: January 16, 2016, 09:17:35 am »
I hate this club sometimes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline realoatsy

• Looking for wet work on Saturday
  • Main Stander
« Reply #239 on: January 16, 2016, 09:34:46 am »
Bit of common sense has kicked in and the cards are being returned in time for Sundays game. I would like to personally thank the gentleman at LFC who made the decision on this and altered normal protocol.

I fully understand that there is a problem at our club with profiteering and hold my hands up that I had broken their rules, however to my mind there are far simpler and effective solutions to this problem. YNWA