Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 976370 times)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #3000 on: August 24, 2020, 10:16:23 am »
I honestly want Klopp to retire after finishing our contract, don't want him to manage any other team in the planet.

Welcome to RAWK, Ulla!
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #3001 on: August 30, 2020, 09:39:29 am »
I’d just love if he took over the youth team as his ‘retirement’.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #3002 on: August 30, 2020, 10:52:32 pm »
I want him to do his best and not worry

He's a legend here. He delivered it all. And he is setting up a legacy.

That last bit is going to need more time to witness but trust me, it's there. The setup with FSG, the ethos, the spirit of any players here now, bringing through grateful yet hungry youth...

He's not gonna take a job in Dallas when he's creating a Dynasty  ;D

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3003 on: September 2, 2020, 02:25:02 pm »
I know Klopp might never allow it but if Amazon had made a documentary series about the current LFC side last season it would most certainly have broken the internet. Would have loved to be a fly on the wall during HT at Villa away, when Robbo and Sadio apparently had a "falling out" (mentioned here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvZlOsKw40s ). Then they both decide the game, scoring equaliser and winner. Wonder if they made up at FT with a cuddle.  ;D

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3004 on: September 3, 2020, 03:30:32 pm »
Here’s the interview that quote is from, I am sure better translations will appear in due course!

The interview for Sportbuzzer was done by Guido Schäfer, a former team-mate of Kloppo’s at Mainz.

Have you ever seen the inside of a Liverpool pub?

That's no longer possible, I would ruin every event. I've resigned myself to it. I'm sorry for Ulla. She likes to be out and about. With her husband, it's just not possible any more. We can't go to the cinema, then have sushi or a pint. On holiday we have to be careful about what is possible where. The obligation to wear masks comes in handy from time to time. But in Mainz they sometimes recognized me in my complete Santa Claus costume - by the way I walk.

I know it is a price of being successful but I feel sad about this. I'd like to think that I would leave him to it if he was out and about but the temptation to say hello or express gratitude would probably be too much.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #3005 on: September 3, 2020, 04:46:45 pm »
I know it is a price of being successful but I feel sad about this. I'd like to think that I would leave him to it if he was out and about but the temptation to say hello or express gratitude would probably be too much.
Absolutely no chance the boss goes out into town and gets left alone. The lurkers wanting photos if he was at a restaurant or waiting for drinks at the bar would be annoying enough, then it would get posted on social media and you'd have nosey fuckers in the general area coming 'just to have a look.'

It's definitely sad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3006 on: September 3, 2020, 05:06:48 pm »

Same. I can’t imgine he’d have a moments peace actually in the city of Liverpool itself. Only places he can venture out to it seems is close to where he lives, be it in Formby, or in Mainz, places that are local, so not full of visitors, and people see him and his wife regularly so it’s normal.

but it is a shame, especially if he’s with family, and people can’t leave him be. 

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3007 on: September 3, 2020, 05:11:47 pm »
I think there are definitely places where he could go in the city and remain mostly uninterrupted, as well as a lot of places which would happily make arrangements to make sure he was. Particularly restaurants.

Head to a central pub or bar though, prob no chance.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3008 on: September 13, 2020, 09:23:21 am »
Carl Markham
@carlmarkham
Jürgen Klopp assuming his usual position watching the opposition warm-ups

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is a tactical genius – like his opposite number last night, Marcelo Bielsa, he puts a lot of research into the teams he faces.

While Leeds United have characters allegedly lurking around training grounds, the Reds boss goes for an even more direct approach.

Klopp will stand near the half-way line on the pitch and simply watch the opposition players train before kick-off.

He’s done this for years now, but PA journalist Carl Markham spotted the German at it against yesterday and took a quick snap for Twitter.

If football wasn’t already back – it is now!
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3009 on: September 13, 2020, 09:31:06 am »
I imagine it unnerves the opposition as well, having him standing there and just watching them. They're all thinking ''What's he seen? What's he looking at? What am I giving away? What's he plotting? Ah man, he's looking into my soul. Might as well abandon all hope. We are so fucked''
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3010 on: September 15, 2020, 04:58:05 pm »

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #3011 on: September 16, 2020, 11:16:34 pm »
Imagine supporting a team and knowing you'll never have Jurgen as your manager. Mainz, Dortmund and our supporters all have the satisfaction of knowing we've legitimately had the best time you can have as a football supporter.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3012 on: September 17, 2020, 01:59:37 am »
Just imagine one day when Klopp is finally retired from football, and come back to watch our game on the stand at Anfield, with Stevie standing on the touchline and Trent as our captain on the field, that would be a very special moment indeed.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:34:23 am by him_15 »
Believer

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3013 on: September 17, 2020, 02:33:44 am »
There’s not one minute of one day that I take his time here for granted.

We are truly blessed to have him here. He’s got all the time in the world to do what he wants at this club as far as I’m concerned.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3014 on: September 17, 2020, 02:41:46 am »
Just imagine one day when Klopp is finally retired from football, and come back to watch our game on the stand at Anfield, with Stevie standing on the touchline and Trent as our captain on the field, that would be a very special moment indeed.

Who we playing against in this scenario? Just intrigued to know who you think gerrard will be coaching by then  :D

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3015 on: September 17, 2020, 03:36:49 am »
Who we playing against in this scenario? Just intrigued to know who you think gerrard will be coaching by then  :D
Has to be against City mate, and coached by KDB.  ;D
Believer

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #3016 on: September 17, 2020, 05:21:46 am »

Nah won't be imagining when Klopp's gone for a few years, thanks!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3017 on: September 17, 2020, 05:52:17 am »
Klopp has fallen head over heels in love with the club, the city and its people. I think his wife loves it here too. I've said it before, but he's going to find to very, very hard to leave. It'll take a huge downturn of fortune on the pitch, for that to change.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3018 on: September 17, 2020, 07:21:54 am »
Just imagine one day when Ferguson is finally retired from football, and come back to watch our game on the stand at Old Trafford, with Ole standing on the touchline and Maguire as our captain on the field, that would be a very special moment indeed.
Fixed to illustrate the point. You feel that clammy involuntary shudder? Yeah that's what we get when we even read your fucked up masochistic fantasy, never mind process or actually desire it.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3019 on: September 17, 2020, 08:04:00 am »
I guess if we are sounding players out they may be reluctant to sign for us knowing that Klopp will leave soon. A Mbappe or Sancho may want to play for Klopp more than they want to play for LFC under a different manager.

It makes sense for him to give these hints of extending to try to convince these superstars to sign

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3020 on: September 17, 2020, 08:34:25 am »
Fixed to illustrate the point. You feel that clammy involuntary shudder? Yeah that's what we get when we even read your fucked up masochistic fantasy, never mind process or actually desire it.
This suddenly became hilarious.
Believer

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3021 on: September 17, 2020, 08:37:55 am »
Imagine how freaked out you'd be now, if you came to Anfield and Klopp didn't watch you warm up.

I know he wouldn't do it, but imagine how pissed off you'd be if you messed something up in warm up and Klopp just started laughing.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #3022 on: September 17, 2020, 08:38:37 am »
I guess if we are sounding players out they may be reluctant to sign for us knowing that Klopp will leave soon. A Mbappe or Sancho may want to play for Klopp more than they want to play for LFC under a different manager.

It makes sense for him to give these hints of extending to try to convince these superstars to sign
Probably affects sponsorship negotiations too...
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3023 on: September 17, 2020, 01:00:21 pm »
Erdinger are offering a free promotional Klopp glass with all bottles of Erdinger.

Been on a tour of the stores already this morning, and no luck. Like gold dust.

Offline smithng

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "On a stroppy little island of mixed up people"
« Reply #3024 on: September 18, 2020, 10:11:15 am »
Erdinger are offering a free promotional Klopp glass with all bottles of Erdinger.

Been on a tour of the stores already this morning, and no luck. Like gold dust.
Try their website - https://shop.erdinger-fanshop.de/en/sonderglas-0-5-l-jk-2020-gastro-m-e.html

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3025 on: September 18, 2020, 10:12:33 am »
Try their website - https://shop.erdinger-fanshop.de/en/sonderglas-0-5-l-jk-2020-gastro-m-e.html

Managed to grab a couple from a Sainsbury's last night. Never thought i'd ever say this, but Forza Warrington.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3026 on: September 18, 2020, 05:30:17 pm »
This defo needs an update ;D

https://youtu.be/sh36B_IroZs
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3027 on: September 20, 2020, 06:25:27 pm »
What a team he's built.

He's a maniac.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #3028 on: September 20, 2020, 07:19:37 pm »
Via statto for the club, Ged Rea. (NB: all wins converted to 3 points.)

Games needed to reach 400 points.

Jürgen Norbert Klopp  184
Kenny Dalglish           197
Bob Paisley                206
Rafa Benitez               209
Bill Shankly                229
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3029 on: September 20, 2020, 07:21:32 pm »

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #3030 on: September 21, 2020, 05:23:51 am »
More class from the man.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-chelsea-red-card-18967462

Came here to post this, love that he called the group on the bench out for doing that.

Online KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #3031 on: September 21, 2020, 09:59:05 am »
Came here to post this, love that he called the group on the bench out for doing that.

It was classy by Jürgen, but I cheered watching it on TV. Our player denied a very clear goal scoring opportunity with only a pretty poor goalkeeper to beat, blatantly rugby tackled, and the Chelsea player only got a yellow? Outrageous.

I think it deserved a cheer, and also a smug grin Frank's way. Something like this: -

You try me once you beg for more.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3032 on: September 21, 2020, 11:27:02 am »
Yeah - I think Klopp was just trying to head off another unnecessary Frank meltdown. Why wouldn't we cheer?

Seriously - is it not "professional" to do so? It's a huge play in the game - natural reaction.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3033 on: September 21, 2020, 11:58:33 am »
In an empty stadium, the bench celebrating like that would probably stands out a lot more.  Whole ground would have been cheering with a full house, and it probably would have been less noticeable. 

So yeah, good of Klopp to be mindful not to trigger Frank again, precious little snowflake that he is.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3034 on: September 21, 2020, 12:02:42 pm »
It was classy by Jürgen, but I cheered watching it on TV. Our player denied a very clear goal scoring opportunity with only a pretty poor goalkeeper to beat, blatantly rugby tackled, and the Chelsea player only got a yellow? Outrageous.

You're a fan, you're allowed to!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3035 on: September 21, 2020, 12:03:32 pm »
Yeah - I think Klopp was just trying to head off another unnecessary Frank meltdown. Why wouldn't we cheer?

Seriously - is it not "professional" to do so? It's a huge play in the game - natural reaction.

it was one (un-named) member of staff he was mad at apparently, not the whole bench, so it may have been something specific he did/said. And after the BS from the last game, he probably was annoyed a staff member would forget all that and do something that could start things off again.

Online KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
« Reply #3036 on: September 21, 2020, 01:51:39 pm »
I think it was Mona. She said 'hey Fat Frank Lumplard, you need a decent nutritionist'.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #3037 on: September 21, 2020, 03:31:47 pm »
More class from the man.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-chelsea-red-card-18967462

..and the clip here if it's not already out there.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/z0iY761NtAA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/z0iY761NtAA</a>
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3038 on: September 21, 2020, 05:27:40 pm »
I think it was Mona. She said 'hey Fat Frank Lumplard, you need a decent nutritionist. My special coffee costs extra'.
fixed
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3039 on: September 25, 2020, 06:37:34 pm »
Didn't realise he's the 5th longest serving manager in the top 4 tiers of English football...

1. Simon Weaver (Harrogate Town) - 11 years, 73 days

2. Gareth Ainsworth (Wycombe) - 7 years, 313 days

3. Sean Dyche (Burnley) - 7 years, 277 days

4. John Coleman (Accrington Stanley) - 5 years, 319 days

5. Jurgen Klopp (Liverpool) - 4 years, 299 days

6. Mark Cooper (Forest Green) - 4 years, 85 days

7. Chris Wilder (Sheffield United) - 4 years, 82 days

8. Pep Guardiola (Manchester City) - 4 years, 32 days

9. Paul Warne (Rotherham) - 3 years, 248 days

10. David Artell (Crewe) - 3 years, 207 days