Author Topic: Dalglish has to be ruthless this summer  (Read 5123 times)

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
Dalglish has to be ruthless this summer
« on: May 6, 2012, 06:21:59 pm »
Dalglish has to be ruthless this summer and make some tough decisions for the good of the club. 

Such as:

Carragher - He needs to tell Carragher he is no longer first choice at centre back - Agger and Skrtel are.  Actually I'd rather see Coates play if one of these two were injured, so in effect he would be fourth choice.  It might be time for Carragher to take a coaching role at the club and let someone like Wisdom be fourth choice, as he needs a step up to improve.

Spearing - Ultimately isn't really good enough and would probably benefit the club and Spearing if he moved on.

Gerrard - Has to be told that he can't do everything by himself now days and needs to trust his teammates more.  Also he needs to be encouraged that his best position for the team is higher up the field and not in CM.

Kuyt - Think it is the right time for him to leave.  Not getting any younger and is probably on a decline and the right time to sell.

Downing - Needs to accept he hasn't been good enough and to cut our losses on this signing.

We need some changes this summer and sentiment has to be taken out of the equation when these decisions are taken.

Dalglish - Time to be ruthless!
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 06:28:26 pm by Z e u s »

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
Re: Dalglish has to be ruthless this summer
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2012, 06:26:45 pm »
Carragher - He needs to tell Carragher he is no long first choice at centre back - Agger and Skrtel are.  Actually I'd rather see Coates play if one of these two were injured, so in effect he would be fourth choice.  It might be time for Carragher to take a coaching role at the club and let someone like Wisdom be fourth choice, as he needs a step up to improve.

This is the big one, we've got a potentially world-class centre half in Coates, he needs to be an automatic pick if Skrtel or Agger can't play. Otherwise we're going to risk wasting a great talent, all for the sake of sentiment. In reality Carragher should be advised to retire or offloaded, his wages are simply massive for what he contributes.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: May 6, 2012, 06:27:57 pm »
Is Gerrard not trusting everyone else or is everyone else letting him carry them ? Agree with all the rest though. Wouldn't be gutted if Downing was sold but wouldn't to be worried if he stayed.

Can see Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio and Spearing all being let go in the summer.

Online Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3 on: May 6, 2012, 06:28:02 pm »
I don't think he will be. Even if he is, it is not just the players. It is the tactics and strategies as well. Football has moved and so should we.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: May 6, 2012, 06:29:53 pm »
Can see Kuyt, Maxi, Aurelio and Spearing all being let go in the summer.

Maxi really deserves to stay really, if he is happy being a fringe player.

He is a fringe player that contributes when used.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: May 6, 2012, 06:30:43 pm »
If he is still here that is

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 6, 2012, 06:31:23 pm »

Cause panic why don't ya ;)

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
« Reply #7 on: May 6, 2012, 06:31:36 pm »
I dont think Kenny will be too sentimental.

I think its fair to say that both Kenny and Carra know the score on that one, there's still be a game for Carra next season but he wont need telling that his best is behind him.

Stevie can hopefully play higher up the pitch, is still capable and still has the passion, probably not fair to suggest he has not 'trusted' the other players, he knows them better than we do, and even we can see that a number of them cannot be trusted.

Lucas will be a massive player next season, almost like a £35 million signing, maybe Aqualani will come back (i'll leave that to the other thread) maybe he wont.  My opinion of Spearing is that he wont be a Liverpool player for much longer but I think Shelvey has a future with us.

Its still a decent wide player that we need, Downing hasnt cut it and wont next year either, if we cant talk Digger Barnes into a comeback then thats the position that really needs some thinking about.

The basis of everything is still in or around the squad (and the kids) we just need Kenny to identify the ones he can trust and give them the belief that they are capable, the ones that arent capable should be cashed in.

Spearing
Adam
Downing
Aurelio
Kuyt (trust him 1 million% but his best days have gone)

2 games to go, enjoy, rest and comeback better in August.  :wave
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #8 on: May 6, 2012, 06:32:54 pm »
This is the big one, we've got a potentially world-class centre half in Coates, he needs to be an automatic pick if Skrtel or Agger can't play. Otherwise we're going to risk wasting a great talent, all for the sake of sentiment. In reality Carragher should be advised to retire or offloaded, his wages are simply massive for what he contributes.

Its not a case of being advised to retire, we should pick the best players in the right order, if he is fourth best then he only plays when two others are out, it's up to him then and the length of his contract.

Additionally these last two games are an opportunity to see what we have in reserve, yes, give Kuyt some time at home for what may be his last game, he deserves it but Sterling and possibly others should be seen, if only for a while and to give us some hope for the next season.
« Last Edit: May 6, 2012, 06:35:18 pm by Black Bull Nova »
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #9 on: May 6, 2012, 06:33:04 pm »

Care to expand on that?
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Online Prof

• fessor Yaffle. Full tosser.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Alternative Premier League Table
« Reply #10 on: May 6, 2012, 06:33:43 pm »

Do you know something DJ?

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 6, 2012, 06:35:02 pm »
This might be controversial, but perhaps it's time to cash in on Reina?

By his own admission, he has been poor this season. The way he was beaten at the near post for the 1st goal yesterday was very poor. He then flapped at a cross which almost gifted them a 2nd. My gut feeling is that he no longer wants to be here, and will be elsewhere next season. If any decent offer comes in then we should seriously consider it.

Offline GonzalezIsARed

• Most prickless poster ever
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 6, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »

Here we go.

I'm guessing he's just said it, as we are all thinking it.

Offline liverpoolfcmike

• custom title thread lurker - easily amused
  • Legacy Fan
  • through the wind and rain (and fog)
« Reply #13 on: May 6, 2012, 06:36:10 pm »
Assuming he's still here.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: May 6, 2012, 06:36:25 pm »

haha, RAWK goes into meltdown

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: May 6, 2012, 06:36:40 pm »
The problem we will have in the summer is those players we may look to move on will bring in little in terms of cash to spend on replacements, which begs the question of would we be better off keeping players like Dirk and Maxi and just coach them a bit more and use them in a much cleverer way than we have this season. They still have something to give to the club and are easily fit enough to give us 25-30 games a season, plus we have more games next year and they will be good experience to help the youth come through.

Offline Ginamos

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: May 6, 2012, 06:40:35 pm »
Cause panic why don't ya ;)
Care to expand on that?
Here we go.

I'm guessing he's just said it, as we are all thinking it.
Assuming he's still here.

djphal in thread derailment incident  :)

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 6, 2012, 06:42:26 pm »
 The thing is, Kenny's made A LOT of suspect decisions and has been caught out tactically far too often. I want him to be the Manager but I'm worried about what his plans are.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 6, 2012, 06:47:05 pm »
Shifting players out the club is far more difficult than most makeout. You really think Downing will be off? one year into a longterm deal! who will offer a fee close & wages to match... never going to happen.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #19 on: May 6, 2012, 06:47:39 pm »
I could see the likes of Carragher, Spearing and Downing all still being here. The writing has been on the wall re: Maxi and Kuyt for months.

In reality Carragher should be advised to retire or offloaded, his wages are simply massive for what he contributes.

In my opinion this is what should happen, but it won't. I can't see him going away quietly though; he has too many friends in the media for that to happen. So the best (and more expensive option) is to buy out the last year in his contract, which again won't happen. He's been on a slippery slope since the backend of 2008/09. We can't risk Coates' development so that Carragher can continue to hit milestones.

Offline AJ4Seven

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: May 6, 2012, 06:48:55 pm »
I don't think he will be. Even if he is, it is not just the players. It is the tactics and strategies as well. Football has moved and so should we.

Plenty of managers do not overly concern themselves with tactics, perhaps we should look at the help Kenny is receiving.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 6, 2012, 06:49:18 pm »
djphal in thread derailment incident  :)

haha its a genuine statement, who knows what the owners are thinking? its not exactly been a good season

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 6, 2012, 06:49:29 pm »

Fan meet shit, shit, fan.
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2012, 06:50:03 pm »
ruthless with Carra? you are having a laugh if this will happen.  He made sure his mate, Cecil, that he has a good contract to cement him in the squad
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Pheeny

« Reply #24 on: May 6, 2012, 06:52:07 pm »
transfer forum will be open at the end of the season.