Author Topic: New Champions league rules and kick off times.  (Read 3263 times)

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: New Champions league rules and kick off times.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 04:36:35 pm »
I know it's similar for the EL already but that potential 5.55pm KO is an absolute piss take.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 04:37:56 pm »
I know it's similar for the EL already but that potential 5.55pm KO is an absolute piss take.

Double the TV slots, double the number of ad slots. Gotta keep those palms greased.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2018, 05:39:23 pm »
Wonder if this will be like the Europa where British teams have home games at 8 and aways at 6 (or 5:55).

Offline DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2018, 05:41:43 pm »
Hopefully the 5.55pm slot will be more for countries that are 2 hours ahead like Turkey and Russia, 19.55 KO rather than the 21.45 KO time we had in Moscow would be better. Suppose we'll soon see.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2018, 06:47:41 pm »
From what I believe is that country's that 4 teams in the comp they will have 1 playing at the earlier time and one at the later over the 2 nights
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2018, 06:53:28 pm »
From what I believe is that country's that 4 teams in the comp they will have 1 playing at the earlier time and one at the later over the 2 nights

There's only 2 early kick offs so that isn't possible.

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 06:55:49 pm »
Wouldn’t mind if they staggered the last 16 over two kick off times as you get high quality head to head games. Our match night has Madrid v PSG on at the same time which is annoying. No-one would really want to watch BATE Borisov v Shaktar at 5.55 unless you supported either of them sides...
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 07:38:01 pm »
There's only 2 early kick offs so that isn't possible.

Why isn't it? One team will play at 5.55 on a Tuesday the other at 8pm and the same on the Wednesday then change round the following matchday
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 07:44:34 pm »
Why isn't it? One team will play at 5.55 on a Tuesday the other at 8pm and the same on the Wednesday then change round the following matchday

4 different countries, 2 games at 5.55 per night. Doesn't work.

They're for Russian, Turkish, Greek, Ukrainian, Romanian etc etc sides to play at home primarily.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 11:56:01 pm »
::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 08:59:37 am »
4 different countries, 2 games at 5.55 per night. Doesn't work.

They're for Russian, Turkish, Greek, Ukrainian, Romanian etc etc sides to play at home primarily.

I agree, some of the more eastern teams are hours ahead of the more western teams so it'll be to their benefit as well, rather than playing at later times to align more with the likes of England, Spain, Portugal etc.

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 09:26:52 am »
Good that the 4th placed team goes straight into the group stage but if I interpret it correctly  if we fonish 4th but Arsenal win the Europa and Chelsea Spurs or Man U win the Champions League but finish 5th or 6th we would drop into the Europa League. Unlikely and worst case scenario but stranger things have happened!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 09:41:27 am »
Good that the 4th placed team goes straight into the group stage but if I interpret it correctly  if we fonish 4th but Arsenal win the Europa and Chelsea Spurs or Man U win the Champions League but finish 5th or 6th we would drop into the Europa League. Unlikely and worst case scenario but stranger things have happened!

We'll just have to win it this season, then! ;D

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 11:11:08 am »
5.55pm slot would work well for getting home earlier. Usually book half a day off anyway with work for mid week homes.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2018, 11:22:11 am »
Nations with 4 teams in the CL, would it be the away teams from those nations be the 17.55 kickoff, & home teams 20.00?
#Sausages

Offline chrisfletcher

• RAWK Pyschic. He knows what we're all thinking. He must be pretty pissed off at me then...Shit song writer.
  • Anny Roader
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2018, 11:33:22 am »
Nations with 4 teams in the CL, would it be the away teams from those nations be the 17.55 kickoff, & home teams 20.00?

This would work well until we are playing Sevilla at home

Having said that the Augsburg home game in the Europa kicked off early - I work in central Mcr - got the train just after 4 and was at the game in plenty of time - just did the drinking afterwards

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2018, 11:47:42 am »
This would work well until we are playing Sevilla at home

Having said that the Augsburg home game in the Europa kicked off early - I work in central Mcr - got the train just after 4 and was at the game in plenty of time - just did the drinking afterwards

Realised that as soon as i posted that.
Didn't we have local kick off times in days of old rather than set times as we have now, seem to remember away matches in the 80s afternoon kickoffs UK time, may have been 84 or 85 European Cup semi which the away leg was something like 4pm kickoff UK time, but was only a 2 hour difference to the Country we were playing in?
#Sausages