Author Topic: FAN UPDATE - Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas  (Read 226965 times)

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
Re: Ticketing changes to reduce touting - discussion and ideas
« Reply #480 on: May 28, 2019, 02:19:37 pm »
Completely agree on the fact touting needs to be stopped, but it won't be easy and I do believe the club needs us to help them if we see anything suspicious.
I actually contacted a couple of touts and got some info of them so I could send it to the club, hope they act on it.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #481 on: May 28, 2019, 03:14:49 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/ticket-touting

There's a page now to report any instances of touting.

Next time there is a non-local in the £9 seats, bang the seat number in here and send it in.

I'm going to be grassing my tits off next season. Sick of it.

Two lines in there that jump out:

"It is illegal to sell, or offer to sell, tickets to Liverpool FC matches, without the authorisation of Liverpool FC."

"If you have been offered tickets or have any information in relation to tickets being offered outside of authorised channels..."

So who are the 'authorised channels'? Lets have transparency on that. Who, precisely, is 'authorised' by Liverpool FC? Stubhub? Viagogo? Thomas Cook? Anyone else?

All good and well looking to shop the individuals who are selling on, and long overdue, but what about the companies who are 'authorised' by the clubs to do so? That has to be addressed here as well.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #482 on: May 30, 2019, 11:49:28 am »
Email it the Ticket Investigation Manager - michael.yorke@liverpoolfc.com with as much info as you have

Michael Yorke can be added to the list of incompetents in around that ticket office.
I mailed him the story and he swiftly replied asking for as much detail as possible and said it would be sorted.
2 weeks later the said person is openly offering CL final tickets for £5k. I gave Yorke enough information to nail him just before one of the biggest games in our history but no, no good. Disappointing to day the least while thousands of good die hard reds have nothing for it.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #483 on: May 30, 2019, 12:14:46 pm »
At the Barca match it was obvious that so many people had sold their ACS seat to someone else as they obviously thought we had no chance of winning and thought they'd make a few ££££ on the ticket.  Lots of seats around me in the Kop had people walking up with seats written/printed on small bits of paper looking for their seats, these are seats that have had the same person in them for all the other CL home games.  Now they may have just passed the ticket onto a family or friend at FV, but I bet some of them had been sold on for a profit.  The stewards could see these people looking for the seats, some of these people even showed the steward the bit of paper with the seat row/numbers on.  Should the steward have asked them to show proof that their identity matches the ticket purchase?  Is it even their job to do that?  How would it be proven that they bought the ticket from a tout, or above FV from another member?  It's something that will be very hard for the club to stop unless you bring in something like finger print scanning which isn't going to happen.  Touts will always be here and it's something that will be very hard to eradicate.  The only thing I can see that will help reduce Joe Bloggs from selling on a ticket is to make these 3rd party ticket selling sites illegal and to cut down on all the sponsorship tickets handed out for free.  Sell more to the genuine fans.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #484 on: May 30, 2019, 12:25:35 pm »
Michael Yorke can be added to the list of incompetents in around that ticket office.
I mailed him the story and he swiftly replied asking for as much detail as possible and said it would be sorted.
2 weeks later the said person is openly offering CL final tickets for £5k. I gave Yorke enough information to nail him just before one of the biggest games in our history but no, no good. Disappointing to day the least while thousands of good die hard reds have nothing for it.

Email him back asking for an update, mentioning the CL final tickets.

And copy in peter.moore@liverpoolfc.com.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #485 on: May 30, 2019, 12:37:46 pm »
At the Barca match it was obvious that so many people had sold their ACS seat to someone else as they obviously thought we had no chance of winning and thought they'd make a few ££££ on the ticket.  Lots of seats around me in the Kop had people walking up with seats written/printed on small bits of paper looking for their seats, these are seats that have had the same person in them for all the other CL home games.  Now they may have just passed the ticket onto a family or friend at FV, but I bet some of them had been sold on for a profit.  The stewards could see these people looking for the seats, some of these people even showed the steward the bit of paper with the seat row/numbers on.  Should the steward have asked them to show proof that their identity matches the ticket purchase?  Is it even their job to do that?  How would it be proven that they bought the ticket from a tout, or above FV from another member?  It's something that will be very hard for the club to stop unless you bring in something like finger print scanning which isn't going to happen.  Touts will always be here and it's something that will be very hard to eradicate.  The only thing I can see that will help reduce Joe Bloggs from selling on a ticket is to make these 3rd party ticket selling sites illegal and to cut down on all the sponsorship tickets handed out for free.  Sell more to the genuine fans.

I'm with you on the Barcelona game... I've been sat next to a lad all season in the ACS but for Barca it was some completely different lad.. either he'd moved it on or it was his card and he was only bothered about the semi
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: May 30, 2019, 12:45:31 pm »

Yeah I've dealt with him in the past give him enough evidence to ban a tout but nothing happened and the bloke still continues to tout tickets off
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: May 30, 2019, 12:45:38 pm »
Touts will always be here and it's something that will be very hard to eradicate.  The only thing I can see that will help reduce Joe Bloggs from selling on a ticket is to make these 3rd party ticket selling sites illegal and to cut down on all the sponsorship tickets handed out for free.  Sell more to the genuine fans.

The thing is though the club will only put a few tickets more on general sale, there is a market and the club will only go ahead and introduce another corporate hospitality tier.

The clubs know it goes on but want their piece of the pie as well hence why there are so many hospitality packages which is official touting whichever we you spin it.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2019, 01:33:21 pm »
Yeah I've dealt with him in the past give him enough evidence to ban a tout but nothing happened and the bloke still continues to tout tickets off
I agree. I have been hassling him about the ST seats by me all season without action. But I spoke to him recently and he explained that the touting is on an industrial scale and hence harder to tackle than the club first thought, and they need to have proof of wrong-doing before they apply sanctions, and the person has an independent panel to face and who decide the outcome on whethe rthey lose their tikt etc. It's all very complicated and long-winded so I think we have to give him/them more time, VERY frustrating though it is!
I am hopeful something will be done before next season but we'll see...
We are a team of one half.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: May 30, 2019, 01:45:04 pm »
Same with me for Barca

Normal fella infront of me was replaced with some on who was recording Messi's free kick when it was 3-0

Need i say more?

Cant wait for these touts to get sorted, pissing me off

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: May 30, 2019, 02:37:20 pm »
I agree. I have been hassling him about the ST seats by me all season without action.

Then again you don't know if the ST seats near you are re selling back to the club through official channels and different people buying each week.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #491 on: May 30, 2019, 08:44:25 pm »
Then again you don't know if the ST seats near you are re selling back to the club through official channels and different people buying each week.
Oh we do! The tourists tell us where they get them from sometimes if their English is good - and how much for! Been going on for years

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #492 on: June 9, 2019, 07:02:32 pm »
has anyone filled In that form and got a reply yet???

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #493 on: June 10, 2019, 12:23:23 pm »
Second time a fairly recognisable match-going lad has been publicly exposed for touting, and from the sounds of it on a grand scale. Amazing it seems to fly under the radar still.

What’s happened lad?

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: June 10, 2019, 02:24:41 pm »
Second time a fairly recognisable match-going lad has been publicly exposed for touting, and from the sounds of it on a grand scale. Amazing it seems to fly under the radar still.

? Can't see anything on this

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: June 10, 2019, 05:05:24 pm »
unfortunately some of the biggest touts are regular match going fans see the same.ones every week

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #496 on: June 11, 2019, 07:00:04 am »

Where did you see it?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #497 on: June 11, 2019, 08:26:58 am »
This is all very cryptic 🤔

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: June 11, 2019, 09:39:57 am »
I'm still none the wiser ;D

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #499 on: June 11, 2019, 09:45:52 am »
I know something you don't it seems like. Either spill or shut the fuck up

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #500 on: June 11, 2019, 12:02:30 pm »
u ok hun?

Yeah fine. Either say what info you've got or don't mention it

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: June 11, 2019, 12:40:39 pm »
Yeah fine. Either say what info you've got or don't mention it

Indeed. If you don't want to say publicly, you can tell me, I'm dead trustworthy.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: June 11, 2019, 03:21:09 pm »
Ok m8

lad, be twatty about it again and you'll get a warning.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #503 on: June 11, 2019, 04:28:06 pm »
I wasn't being an arse to start with, but sure.

;D this escalated quickly

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: June 12, 2019, 10:51:04 am »
Can't say you weren't warned.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: June 12, 2019, 11:03:28 am »
Can't say you weren't warned.

Well in Claire, sick of his claims and secrecy

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #506 on: June 16, 2019, 07:53:28 pm »
Noticed somebody tonight on facebook advertising his 205 ticket for £85 per match for Norwich and Arsenal.. after challenging him (what I assume is another tout) told me to pay it or move on and said asking for face value is crazy...

Reported to the club via the email and the website form
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline exCite

• Anny Roader
  • Form Is Temporary, Class Is Permanent.
« Reply #507 on: June 19, 2019, 09:01:13 am »
Noticed somebody tonight on facebook advertising his 205 ticket for £85 per match for Norwich and Arsenal.. after challenging him (what I assume is another tout) told me to pay it or move on and said asking for face value is crazy...

Reported to the club via the email and the website form

You'd think that actual fans would just want other fans to enjoy it when they can't go themselves, but a lot out there just want to make money, I just don't get it.
We Remember them with pride,
Those mighty reds of Shankly's side.
And Kenny's boys of '88,
There's never been a side so great.

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #508 on: June 19, 2019, 09:11:59 am »
You'd think that actual fans would just want other fans to enjoy it when they can't go themselves, but a lot out there just want to make money, I just don't get it.

Maybe they think of it as emotional compensation for not going to watch the Redmen play  ;D

What shocks me is knowing that its illegal to sell tickets they have balls selling them on facebook in plain sight. Ban them for life!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Milly B

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #509 on: July 16, 2019, 08:02:03 am »

Saw the same guys text price list for the season and it frightens me how much he's charging/making week to week, club sat back and done nothing about him, my mate can't find his members card and rang the club last week and said he can't have a new one as he was already given one in 2015 and 2017, its actually laughable.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: July 16, 2019, 11:37:24 am »
Saw the same guys text price list for the season and it frightens me how much he's charging/making week to week, club sat back and done nothing about him, my mate can't find his members card and rang the club last week and said he can't have a new one as he was already given one in 2015 and 2017, its actually laughable.

That isn’t right. It’s one a season in the T&Cs I think.

Edit: T&Cs for membership are here. https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions. They can refuse if they think it’s being touted though

Members Card Reprints

9.1 If you inadvertently lose, misplace, damage or destroy your ‘Members Card’ you should report this to the Club as soon as possible. Contact details are: Membership Services, PO BOX 204, Liverpool, L69 3JY. Telephone: +44(0)151 264 2500 or visit https://help.liverpoolfc.com/app/ask.

If your Members Card is stolen, you should report this to the police and the relevant crime number and police force should be quoted in all correspondence with the Club. If, in the Club’s opinion, a Members Card is damaged, lost, misplaced, stolen or destroyed, a duplicate Members Card shall be issued by the Club as soon as reasonably practicable after the payment of a £10.00 non-refundable administration charge, unless the Club reasonably believes that you are, or have been, acting in a fraudulent or illegal manner and/or in breach of any Terms & Conditions of Entry.

9.2 Only one duplicate Members Card may be issued in any one season and you may be required to sign a document confirming that the original Members Card is damaged, lost, stolen or destroyed and indemnifying the Club against any direct or indirect consequences of such matter having been falsely represented or stated to the Club. The Club may require you to attend the stadium or another location in person to collect the duplicate Members Card and provide the Club with satisfactory photographic identification. For the avoidance of doubt, if you lose your duplicate Members Card the Club will suspend your LFC Official Membership and any associated benefits (as detailed below) until the end of the relevant season, and no refund will be paid in respect of any unexpired portion of the Membership.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 11:42:50 am by Levitz »
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline bertiemee

• Anny Roader
  • The Anny Road Aggro
« Reply #511 on: August 2, 2019, 12:37:53 pm »
StubHub have loads for the Norwich game at £200+. It's an absolute joke.

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #512 on: August 2, 2019, 01:31:27 pm »
Could the club not buy all the tickets on sale on stub hub on credit card, get staff to pose as fans and collect all the members card before the game, cancel them all and then issue claims against the credit card company for the money.

Offline didopich

• Kopite
« Reply #513 on: August 2, 2019, 09:56:10 pm »
Stubhub are allowed by the club to sell so no they won’t touch em.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #514 on: August 2, 2019, 09:58:34 pm »
Stubhub should be banned IMO - it just encourages people to re-sell at inflated prices by making it so easy. I'd ban it :no

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: August 2, 2019, 10:02:36 pm »
Stubhub can’t be banned because it’s the i.e version selling it.the the uk version ticketbis is already banned from selling tickets here

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: August 2, 2019, 10:20:17 pm »
I thought id read Ticketbis had closed.. certainly the UK side of it
according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #517 on: August 7, 2019, 07:19:11 am »
Finally received a reply from the club in regards to my Stubhub email.

"Dear Rafael,

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club.

We appreciate you taking the time to send in this information however, they do not show any specifics. In order to investigate this out Ticket Investigation Department would require any sellers details, seat details and ticket details.

Websites such as Stubhub often have fake tickets advertised and I highly recommend avoiding all third party re-sale websites. Liverpool FC do not have any official re-sale partners.

I hope you find this information helpful and should you require any additional assistance, do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

Tony"
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Offline Tconroy

• Main Stander
« Reply #518 on: August 7, 2019, 07:25:33 am »
Finally received a reply from the club in regards to my Stubhub email.

"Dear Rafael,

Thank you for contacting Liverpool Football Club.

We appreciate you taking the time to send in this information however, they do not show any specifics. In order to investigate this out Ticket Investigation Department would require any sellers details, seat details and ticket details.

Websites such as Stubhub often have fake tickets advertised and I highly recommend avoiding all third party re-sale websites. Liverpool FC do not have any official re-sale partners.

I hope you find this information helpful and should you require any additional assistance, do not hesitate to contact us and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards

Tony"

Amazing! So full of sh1t they literally advertise their official re-sellers on the the site!!!

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/corporate/partners/official-matchday-breaks/row

Fair one on the specifics though! probably not much they can do with out the members card numbers and seat details

Offline Olde Dog

• Kemlynite
  • Y.N.W.A.
« Reply #519 on: August 7, 2019, 08:49:19 am »
Amazing! So full of sh1t they literally advertise their official re-sellers on the the site!!!

Wouldn't go as far as to say the club re-sells - the packages/match tickets you have highlighted are being sold for the first time, albiet through a third party.