Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: The Post Office Scandal
« Last post by Andy82lfc on Today at 02:28:55 pm »
She's getting tied in knots here.
I agree there’s potential at Ipswich. They have what looks like a really promising coach. Their support is miles bigger than most realise. I think they’d sell out 35-40k most weeks PL. they probably would have this season in the Championship.

As others have said it’s the infrastructure, scouting networks etc.. they are miles behind most PL clubs and would take years to get to same level as even most mid table clubs. I know the stadium isn’t as good as Brightons and guessing training facilities aren’t either.

I think Ipswich would need at least 3 years in PL and continued investment in infrastructure to build into a mid table club. It’s possible but the hurdle is really high.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying it’ll happen overnight. Brighton spent their first four seasons fighting relegation and Ipswich will have to do similar. But if they can beat the drop for a few seasons I think they can establish themselves if the investment is there.
So then, Chelsea?  :P
depressed we aren't in this
Was just going to say the same. Obviously I want Leverkusen to win for Xabi but it's hard to get enthused because I am gutted it's not us playing against them, especially given the location. I can rationalise not winning the league because we never expected it, we had a new midfield to bed in and because our injury list was so long. But this competition was winnable and we lost out because we had the proverbial "bad day at the office" in the first leg against Atalanta (manager, players and fans)  :(
It mattered to Shankly and for good reason.

Do you think things might have changed since 1974?

Pretty much every "manager" in the Premier League is only a head coach now. It's just that not everyone has officially changed the title, presumably because fans still have a weird reaction to the term.
According to data from Blinkfire Analytics, 70 per cent more people watched Klopp’s post-match farewell than Manchester City’s title celebrations happening at the same time. On YouTube, the footage from Anfield got 44 per cent more views than events at the Etihad Stadium.
That's because like a lot of us on here are fed up with watching anything that these massive cheats are involved in.
General Football and Sport / Re: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids
« Last post by Jookie on Today at 02:22:36 pm »
Perhaps becoming the next Brighton will be a step too far but there is potential in Ipswich. I don’t think the owners now are afraid to spend money and will be looking to emulate the likes of Brighton and Brentford (who may be a more realistic model).

I agree there’s potential at Ipswich. They have what looks like a really promising coach. Their support is miles bigger than most realise. I think they’d sell out 35-40k most weeks PL. they probably would have this season in the Championship.

As others have said it’s the infrastructure, scouting networks etc.. they are miles behind most PL clubs and would take years to get to same level as even most mid table clubs. I know the stadium isn’t as good as Brightons and guessing training facilities aren’t either.

I think Ipswich would need at least 3 years in PL and continued investment in infrastructure to build into a mid table club. It’s possible but the hurdle is really high.

Like I said earlier, I’d really like them to become an established PL club. Massive buzz for the town and rest of Suffolk to have a PL club. You could feel that buzz massively as it led up to promotion and I don’t live in Ipswich myself.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by pazcom on Today at 02:22:15 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vkW41T56euc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vkW41T56euc</a>

wow - that tugged at the heart strings...shouldn't have watched it at work
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10