Author Topic: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price  (Read 356126 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Juve will not pay Aquilani asking price
« Reply #1560 on: May 15, 2011, 10:09:39 am »
But why buy him at all?
We can get Aquilani for nothing.
He's an international player. Adam is not.
And since when does goals matter for a midfielder?
If we went on that Alonso, Masch, Lucas and Spearing wouldn't get a run.

Seriously please don't post if you can't get your facts right about a player.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1561 on: May 15, 2011, 10:15:25 am »
Is today the day they're supposed to tell LFC if they want to exercise the option or not?

They told us months ago.

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #1562 on: May 15, 2011, 11:08:58 am »
We can get Aquilani for nothing. An estimated £5m is outstanding on his fee, no receipt from a sale, £9m-£12m due in wages, nothing?

He's an international player Adam is not. Adam is an International player with nine caps.

And since when does goals matter for a midfielder? Steven Gerrard has scored 60 goals in the past four years, this has ben useful

If we went on that Alonso, Masch, Lucas and Spearing wouldn't get a run. Alonso and Masch are world class players, Lucas plays DM, Spearing is just starting out. Goals from midfielders are not essential - but in the Kenny era they help.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1563 on: May 15, 2011, 11:09:21 am »
According to the Juve sporting director, Jack, today is the day their preferred option clause ends. So by tomorrow we'll know if Comolli caved or not. (The error in the snippet below is that the sum required is of course 16m euros.)

Juve sporting director Giuseppe Marotta is adamant the club will not pay the reported £16million required to land the former Roma star.
Marotta said: "There is a buy-out clause that has to be activated by May 15.
"We'll try to reach an agreement before the deadline, but I can certainly say we will not sign Aquilani for the sum set by Liverpool."

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1564 on: May 15, 2011, 11:25:02 am »
According to the Juve sporting director, Jack, today is the day their preferred option clause ends. So by tomorrow we'll know if Comolli caved or not. (The error in the snippet below is that the sum required is of course 16m euros.)

Juve sporting director Giuseppe Marotta is adamant the club will not pay the reported £16million required to land the former Roma star.
Marotta said: "There is a buy-out clause that has to be activated by May 15.
"We'll try to reach an agreement before the deadline, but I can certainly say we will not sign Aquilani for the sum set by Liverpool."

Seriously doubt we will know anything tomorrow. It's our last home match of the season today and the owners are here.

This will go on for weeks as he is still their player until the 30th of June.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: May 15, 2011, 11:42:53 am »

Comical choice of phrasing from him there when it is actually the sum agreed by Juve and Liverpool.

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: May 15, 2011, 11:43:22 am »
While AA was out injured, Charlie Adam played a corker at Bloomfield Rd yesterday.

Adam is younger, with more PL games ( almost twice as many)and far more goals, is available for little more than we owe on the balance of AA's fee for between a sixth of AA's wages for a player who lives and is settled in the area - no guesses for whom Kenny will favour.

We can get Aquilani for nothing. An estimated £5m is outstanding on his fee, no receipt from a sale, £9m-£12m due in wages, nothing?

He's an international player Adam is not. Adam is an International player with nine caps.

And since when does goals matter for a midfielder? Steven Gerrard has scored 60 goals in the past four years, this has ben useful

If we went on that Alonso, Masch, Lucas and Spearing wouldn't get a run. Alonso and Masch are world class players, Lucas plays DM, Spearing is just starting out. Goals from midfielders are not essential - but in the Kenny era they help.

Aquilani came to us injured. We got him fit. He came to us at the arse end of the tumours' torrid ownership when most of our senior players either wanted out or had no stomach for a fight. He came as a replacement for a player that was a hero to many and from his hometown club. And yet by the end of his one and only full season with us, he was knitting the play so well that we were looking forward to a style that Kenny has brought with him a few months after he came back, with the support of the board behind him.
If we had any fit players against Atletico we would've beaten them comfortably with the way he was taking them apart.

Aquilani has played around 60% more top flight matches than Adam, in spite of only being 18 months older than him and as you like to hammer home, being more injury prone. He has more caps for a national side that have more than an abundance of midfielders, as well as having scored for his country. Aquilani has performed for us when fit, again that second leg against Atletico was a masterclass in a match when the pressure really was on.

Whether or not he is coming back is unknown. At least we know what he's capable of, how to manage his fitness and not to mention that like Lucas despite not having full support he won't go hiding.

If Kenny wants Adam, fine. Let's not pretend that it's simply a matter of who the better player is, though.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1567 on: May 15, 2011, 11:45:23 am »
I will take Aquilani AND Adam.  We need squad depth, greater goal threat from our midfield, and we only have to buy one of them.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gavleopardi

• Main Stander
« Reply #1568 on: May 15, 2011, 11:50:26 am »
I still say Aquilani is ill-suited to the premiership and its pace and so will not be coming back here. Adam is but his physical shape alarms me and I would like to see a more athletic figure come pre-season if he does - and i hope he does because he's technically superb - come to us. Both of them won't work but I'd plumb for Adam if the choice was between either.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #1569 on: May 15, 2011, 12:02:40 pm »
I still say Aquilani is ill-suited to the premiership and its pace and so will not be coming back here. Adam is but his physical shape alarms me and I would like to see a more athletic figure come pre-season if he does - and i hope he does because he's technically superb - come to us. Both of them won't work but I'd plumb for Adam if the choice was between either.

Im not to fussed either way to be honest , as ive said before i cant for the life of me understand the fuss about a player who has been decent when he has played but nothing more(40 pages this thread , 70 before?).The way some are talking Aquilani will go down as some sort of legend who played a massive part in the club.

My problem is though with Juve.They knew the price when they got the lad on loan , now they say it's too much when they have had a year to find the money.IF Aquilani does come back they we have another player to bolster the squad , if he dosent we just move on.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1570 on: May 15, 2011, 12:02:58 pm »
I will take Aquilani AND Adam.  We need squad depth, greater goal threat from our midfield, and we only have to buy one of them.  ;D

At the moment there's Spearing, Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles. Would love to see Aquilani come back in and someone to replace Poulson for that defensive option. I don't see Adam as that latter type- and with Spearing being a realistic option for the first team, it would go completely against the whole "we won't recruit to hinder a talented player coming through the youth set up".

Spearing and Lucas has provided us the perfect foundation in the middle of the park thus far, and I don't see how a player like Adam would do anything but hinder it at the moment. Let's not forget the links in January were before the Lucas/Spearing partnership took hold of our midfield.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: May 15, 2011, 12:05:01 pm »
Anyone know how good james McCarthy is ? We seem to be linked to him alot too . Maybe he is the Aquilani replacement ?

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1572 on: May 15, 2011, 12:09:15 pm »
At the moment there's Spearing, Lucas, Gerrard and Meireles. Would love to see Aquilani come back in and someone to replace Poulson for that defensive option. I don't see Adam as that latter type- and with Spearing being a realistic option for the first team, it would go completely against the whole "we won't recruit to hinder a talented player coming through the youth set up".

Spearing and Lucas has provided us the perfect foundation in the middle of the park thus far, and I don't see how a player like Adam would do anything but hinder it at the moment. Let's not forget the links in January were before the Lucas/Spearing partnership took hold of our midfield.

I dont think Aquilani can replace Poulsen as an defensive option . Regardless of whether Aquilani or Adam comes we will buy an defensive modfielder to cover Lucas IMo . Going only with Lucas as our only DM is a huge risk .

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1573 on: May 15, 2011, 12:10:15 pm »
I dont think Aquilani can replace Poulsen as an defensive option . Regardless of whether Aquilani or Adam comes we will buy an defensive modfielder to cover Lucas IMo . Going only with Lucas as our only DM is a huge risk .

Read his post again.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: May 15, 2011, 12:10:16 pm »

"Would love to see Aquilani come back in and someone to replace Poulson for that defensive option. "
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline King Kenny07

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #1575 on: May 15, 2011, 12:15:02 pm »

I don't think adam will fit into the way that we will play next season. If you watch hm play for Blackpool, he always has time on the ball to pass or make a run. When playing for us, you just don't get that time on the ball to make a decision. Can he cope with this?
Bill Shankly speaking To Alan Ball after he'd signed for Everton - 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team.'

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #1576 on: May 15, 2011, 12:17:54 pm »
While AA was out injured, Charlie Adam played a corker at Bloomfield Rd yesterday.

Adam is younger, with more PL games ( almost twice as many)and far more goals, is available for little more than we owe on the balance of AA's fee for between a sixth of AA's wages for a player who lives and is settled in the area - no guesses for whom Kenny will favour.
...The better player. Which is Aqualani without a shadow of a doubt.
ynwa

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1577 on: May 15, 2011, 12:22:51 pm »
"Would love to see Aquilani come back in and someone to replace Poulson for that defensive option. "

Oops. Sorry mistake on my part . Agree with what u said though we badly need a DM to cover for Lucas.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:26:54 pm by BeautifulGame91 »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1578 on: May 15, 2011, 12:22:56 pm »
...The better player. Which is Aquilani without a shadow of a doubt.

Massive question marks on who is the better PL player though and that is the league we play in. To be honest Adam wins that hands down.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:25:03 pm by Fordy »

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1579 on: May 15, 2011, 12:25:47 pm »
Massive question marks on who is the better PL player though and that is the league we play in. To be honest Adam wins that hands down.

Hmmmm

Xavi or Adam.

Massive question marks, again?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline DTLFC92

• Main Stander
« Reply #1580 on: May 15, 2011, 12:28:09 pm »

Hardly. Aquilani was given literally six months to show us what he could do, that timeframe he was still settling in to a new country, a new team and a new league as well as coming back from an injury. Still, in that 6 months, he still has the same number of assists as the current PFA player of the year has in 18. He is a fantastic player and would suit our current style brilliantly. He was hardly out of his depth at all.

I myself would be highly disappointed if we chose Adam over Aquilani.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1581 on: May 15, 2011, 12:28:52 pm »
Why?

When fit Aquilani helped us play some good pass and move football. His movement is very good and his vision, something we lack is top drawer. I think he would be a better Liverpool player now than a Juve or even Ac Milan player. Italian football is too slow for Aquilani from what I have seen and the game over there doesn't really do pass and move right now.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1582 on: May 15, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »
Hmmmm

Xavi or Adam.

I would like to think Xavi could cope with the PL but Adam has proved he can - So for 6m I would rather us buy Adam then spend 30-35m on Xavi.

So no massive question mark - just business.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1583 on: May 15, 2011, 12:30:32 pm »
Hmmmm

Xavi or Adam.

Xavi is one of the finest players of the era . So he will fit in and improve any team he plays (well apart from teams managed by Hodgson ) .I dont think u can say the same about Aquilani .

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1584 on: May 15, 2011, 12:32:26 pm »
Xavi is one of the finest players of the era . So he will fit in and improve any team he plays (well apart from teams managed by Hodgson ) .I dont think u can say the same about Aquilani .

Aye but could Xavi do it in England? Its debatable. Charlie Adam has.

No debate.

The fat jock, for me.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1585 on: May 15, 2011, 12:33:19 pm »
Why?

When fit Aquilani helped us play some good pass and move football. His movement is very good and his vision, something we lack is top drawer. I think he would be a better Liverpool player now than a Juve or even Ac Milan player. Italian football is too slow for Aquilani from what I have seen and the game over there doesn't really do pass and move right now.

Aquilani is a top player. A player that I would like to see back(believe it or not) however Aquilani still has to prove he can cut it in the PL. I watched him many of times and liked what I see.

It's pointless comparing AA and Adam as I would like them both but those who don't rate Adam haven't watched him closely, seen him play live or are just big name followers.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1586 on: May 15, 2011, 12:34:28 pm »
those who don't rate Adam haven't watched him closely, seen him play live or are just big name followers.

What a load of bollocks fordy.

Poor form from you.

@rednich85

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1587 on: May 15, 2011, 12:35:17 pm »
Aye but could Xavi do it in England? Its debatable. Charlie Adam has.

No debate.

The fat jock, for me.

Until a player has played in a league it's hard to judge if they will do will no matter who they're.

Please tell me you understand this mate - It's football.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1588 on: May 15, 2011, 12:39:02 pm »
Until a player has played in a league it's hard to judge if they will do will no matter who they're.

Please tell me you understand this mate - It's football.

Of course I do but using it as a cut and dry method of deciding who's a better player in a certain league is retarded.

You understand that?

@rednich85

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1589 on: May 15, 2011, 12:39:03 pm »
What a load of bollocks fordy.

Poor form from you.

How is it bollocks mate - Many on here judge players cause of their name and it's sad. Adam is a good player and if he joins us he will improve our squad. A lot judge a player when they haven't even seen them play.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1590 on: May 15, 2011, 12:41:36 pm »
Of course I do but using it as a cut and dry method of deciding who's a better player in a certain league is retarded.

You understand that?

Wouldn't class it as retarded mate.

We play in the PL and you have to think if a player can play in the PL. You would like to think Xavi and Messi can play in any league they're that good but currently they're players that have proved they can cut it in this league and if I was DC or Kenny I would be looking at these players 1st before looking world wide for players.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 12:56:17 pm by Fordy »

Offline DTLFC92

• Main Stander
« Reply #1591 on: May 15, 2011, 12:49:01 pm »
How is it bollocks mate - Many on here judge players cause of their name and it's sad. Adam is a good player and if he joins us he will improve our squad. A lot judge a player when they haven't even seen them play.

Many people will also judge players on the hype they recieve by the media. Adam has certainly got a hell of a lot of that over this season.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1592 on: May 15, 2011, 12:49:11 pm »
Anyone know how good james McCarthy is ? We seem to be linked to him alot too . Maybe he is the Aquilani replacement ?

See why can't more posters on Rawk be like my mate here? Asking the question about a player rather than judging a player without even seeing them or not knowing of them.

Think we will sign Adam or McCarthy mate no matter what happens with AA. DC and the Blackpool Chairman fell out over the Adam transfer and I am not sure if DC wants to do business with them but we want Adam. McCarthy has come about cause we want a PL CM player. McCarthy is a good player but he turned us down before to joint Wigan as he wanted 1st team football. He is more like a Mark Noble sort of player but better - he doesn't have any stand out qualities like Adam(Free kicks, passing etc) but he a good all round promising player.

Adam or McCarthy are not Aquilani replacements though. Aquilani competition would be Raul.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1593 on: May 15, 2011, 12:50:07 pm »
Wouldn't class it as retarded mate.

We play in the PL and you have to think if a player can play in the PL. You would like to think Xavi and Messi can play in any league they're that good but currently they're players that have proved they can cut it in this league and if I was DC or Kenny I would be looking at this players 1st before looking world wide for players.
Right it's a concern when you buy a player who has never played in the PL before, but Aquilani has and has done very well in a team with little confidence.
I really won't have the slightest concern with Aquilani over it. In fact once he started to play with Suarez, Lucas, Maxi and Raul I would think he would love to play here.
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1594 on: May 15, 2011, 12:51:04 pm »
Many people will also judge players on the hype they recieve by the media. Adam has certainly got a hell of a lot of that over this season.

Well not me considering I have seen him play loads.

As for media hype - What a silly thing to say. As my mate Rednich85 would say it's retarded

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1595 on: May 15, 2011, 12:52:57 pm »
We just need to point out that the days in which our owners accept any offer and bank it are over  - tell Juve to fuck offend either keep him or flog him
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #1596 on: May 15, 2011, 12:56:51 pm »
Fordy you have become unnaturally obsessed with these Aquilani threads.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1597 on: May 15, 2011, 12:59:03 pm »
We just need to point out that the days in which our owners accept any offer and bank it are over  - tell Juve to fuck  and either keep him or flog him to a club willing to pay a proper price.  If he's adamant he doesnt want to come back then as mentioned look for a part ex with Inter
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1598 on: May 15, 2011, 01:06:24 pm »
Fordy you have become unnaturally obsessed with these Aquilani threads.

It's funny coming from somone that's posted in it a number of times  ;)

I am not obsessed with it - I am very interested in it. Aqualini is a good player, Juve playing dirty tricks and some clueless people comparing him to Adam - The thread is a top draw joke but it makes me laugh as I know it's going to run and run and go round and round.

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1599 on: May 15, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »

Judging a player before seeing them playing is bollocks.

Assuming those who think AA is a better player/option than CA because they haven't seen Charlie Adam is equally bollocks.

@rednich85