Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12305645 times)

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
Re: So what are these Youth/Reserve Lads like?
« Reply #84560 on: September 28, 2015, 11:09:26 pm »
Seems a bit harsh. The fine is fair enough but paying it in pennies is pretty funny. He probably thought they'd see the funny side to it.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84561 on: September 28, 2015, 11:58:40 pm »
Just watched the U18 highlights against Newcastle. Woodburn terrorized their defence. 15 years old and looked the best player on the pitch. Won the free-kick for the first, two really good assists and should have got a couple himself.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #84562 on: September 29, 2015, 12:21:58 am »
Seems a bit harsh. The fine is fair enough but paying it in pennies is pretty funny. He probably thought they'd see the funny side to it.

id have seen the funny side,initially, then told him to go to the bank and change it, if he got all smarmy about it, thats a good enough reason to terminate his loan
JFT 96

Offline jdpapa3

• Kopite
« Reply #84563 on: September 29, 2015, 03:57:58 am »
Trying not to be the comedy police, but it's not really funny. Like when someone takes the office prank 3 levels above where it was before. And being late in the first place is a bad look in your first real opportunity. Really stupid on a few different levels if it's true.

Thought Brannagan bossed it today. Had one of those Milner performances where he'd pop up 90 yards away from where you saw him just moments ago.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #84564 on: September 29, 2015, 05:00:09 am »
Are the news about Swindon Terminating Vigourox's loan deal true? Apparently he paid a 50 Pound Fine in Pennies. Very disappointed by his behaviour if this is true. His career is far more important than doing such acts of stupidity. I hope he learns from this mistake and another club gives him a chance to redeem himself.

Fucking hilarious. Cheeky, but very funny.

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84565 on: September 29, 2015, 11:58:49 am »
Just watched the U18 highlights against Newcastle. Woodburn terrorized their defence. 15 years old and looked the best player on the pitch. Won the free-kick for the first, two really good assists and should have got a couple himself.
He's got better with each appearance this season. I'm sure it won't be long until we get to the 'he needs to bulk up' part though.  :D

The Vigouroux thing was pretty dumb on his part. Probably something you could get away with if he was Swindon's player, but when it's only a loan probably best not to try and push things.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84566 on: September 29, 2015, 01:12:22 pm »

Funny.......sure.  But very unprofessional and he has just blown a good opportunity to play 1st team football. 

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #84567 on: September 29, 2015, 01:38:03 pm »

I would have paid his next salary in coins
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Jay012345

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • How many topics?
« Reply #84568 on: September 29, 2015, 01:53:31 pm »
Some senior players who also turned up late had the fine reduced, but he didn't. He eventually paid it properly after the pennies got rejected. The termination is very harsh on the kid, and im sure he is regretting it. Learn and move on.

Offline Dirkydirkdirk

• Kopite
  • Sweet Jesus no
« Reply #84569 on: September 29, 2015, 02:01:07 pm »
Not LFC related but a very interesting article about a young lad from Palace who has moved to Germany to develop because opportunities to progress from academies there are much better than in the Premier League.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/29/mandela-egbo-borussia-monchengladbach-crystal-palace
There are no stars in this team, or no one with any airs or graces. We're one unit, we work hard for each other and we all pull in the same direction.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84570 on: September 29, 2015, 05:24:46 pm »
Are the news about Swindon Terminating Vigourox's loan deal true? Apparently he paid a 50 Pound Fine in Pennies. Very disappointed by his behaviour if this is true. His career is far more important than doing such acts of stupidity. I hope he learns from this mistake and another club gives him a chance to redeem himself.

To be honest I think the kid should be made our number 1 and replace Hendo as captain immediately  ;D

Offline Jules77

• Kopite
  • Spirit of Shankly member
« Reply #84571 on: September 29, 2015, 05:48:47 pm »
My beloved HJK lost grasp on the Finnish title today with a 3 - 0 loss away at Seinäjoki. :-\
Why am I posting to this thread? Because all three goals were created by a certain Allan Rodrigues da Souza, on loan at Seinäjoki.  :D This wee lad has the best left foot ever seen in the Finnish league and takes better corners than anyone currently in the Liverpool first team. Really hope his development is supported better than most young foreign talents at Liverpool recently.

Thanks for the info. We should recall him and get him on set pieces for the first team asap!

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84572 on: September 29, 2015, 10:33:23 pm »
Substitute Sheyi Ojo scored one and made another as Wolves climbed into the top half of the Championship with victory over 10-man Fulham.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34321292

Well that's how you answer your critics.   :)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84573 on: September 29, 2015, 11:13:35 pm »
The trouble with believing another set of fans' opinions on a loan player is that you just can't trust what they say.

They've no vested interest in these lads, they don't care about the context around them. Whether they're raw and need minutes, whether they're being played out of position or not being used correctly. They just don't care.

They want these lads to come in and deliver right from the off.

Fancy Ojo with his rolled down socks coming down to Wolves from the Premier League. He was always going to first in line for criticism if the team suffered a dip. And so it came to pass.

He tore Fulham apart tonight it seems, and Wolves would be smart to put him in their starting XI every single game they can, whilst they can. Cos he's fucking ace.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84574 on: September 30, 2015, 01:17:01 am »
I think it's mostly just your football fans tendency to write players off if they have a shaky start. Or even just a shaky game. It is certainly exacerbated when it's a young loaned player though.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84575 on: September 30, 2015, 01:18:07 am »
@BBCWiltsSport
FOOTBALL : Lawrence Vigouroux returns to Swindon Town after apology

Rafa.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84576 on: September 30, 2015, 01:19:57 am »
That's good news. They only had 1 senior keeper so he really did piss them off for them to terminate it. Important lesson learned.

Also, Fulton has been called up to the Scotland U21s.

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84577 on: September 30, 2015, 01:22:56 am »
“Lawrence is going to come back. He’s very humble, very apologetic and he knows the way he behaved was wrong,” Cooper said.

“He’s just been in there and apologised to the rest of the boys.

“I asked them the question whether they wanted him back and to a man they all said yes.

“The one thing about Lawrence is he’s an exceptional young goalkeeper and it’s important that he learns from this little mishap.

“It will help him in his career going forward.

“He did (pay his fine in pennies) and I thought it was brilliant banter, but in the context that was the wrong way to go about it.

“I spoke to the captain (Nathan Thompson) and the captain then had a chat with the boys about it, and that would have meant we would have the hassle of going to find another goalkeeper.

“Lawrence was desperate to come back and was very apologetic, so we give him a second chance.

“I’m sure he will be grateful of that and I’m sure it will make him a better professional in years to come.

“It wasn’t bad press for us but all it does is it makes Lawrence realise he can’t behave like that.

“He knows that, he’s apologised to everyone and we get on with it.”

http://www.flicwiltshire.com/bad-boy-vigouroux-granted-reprieve-by-town-after-apologising-to-team-mates/

Rafa.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84578 on: September 30, 2015, 08:49:05 am »
Seems just like a joke gone wrong rather than a poor attitude.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #84579 on: September 30, 2015, 09:05:07 am »
Well we sent him out on loan to learn. Hopefully he's learnt a lesson, with Swindon doing the dirty work, and us reaping the benefits.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84580 on: September 30, 2015, 11:50:50 am »
Seems just like a joke gone wrong rather than a poor attitude.

He was repeatedly late to practice, then paid a fine in illegal tender. I'd say that is a poor attitude! But both all involved say they have put it behind them and hopefully he'll concentrate on playing football as its a great opportunity for him.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84581 on: September 30, 2015, 12:39:51 pm »
He was repeatedly late to practice, then paid a fine in illegal tender. I'd say that is a poor attitude! But both all involved say they have put it behind them and hopefully he'll concentrate on playing football as its a great opportunity for him.

Where was it reported he repeatedly turned up late? And illegal tender? Looked like GBP he was paying in - not rupees!

It was a joke gone wrong - the lad has apologised and will learn from this. There's an interview with the Swindon manager going round where he praises Vigerouxs attitude - so not sure where all this bad attitude talk is coming from?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84582 on: September 30, 2015, 12:44:11 pm »
By paying over a certain amount in coppers he contravenes the coinage act and it does become illegal tender. 

Obviously a joke that backfired though, apparently Cooper asked the rest of lads about keeping him on and they were unanimous so it appears he's well liked.

Daft, but he'll learn from it.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84583 on: September 30, 2015, 12:45:17 pm »
Yeah - just saw that! Did not know! :)
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84584 on: September 30, 2015, 12:48:28 pm »
Well we sent him out on loan to learn. Hopefully he's learnt a lesson, with Swindon doing the dirty work, and us reaping the benefits.

Exactly. Looks as if he has taken his bollocking, apologised and learnt his lesson. Case closed.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #84585 on: September 30, 2015, 01:11:44 pm »
By paying over a certain amount in coppers he contravenes the coinage act and it does become illegal tender. 

Obviously a joke that backfired though, apparently Cooper asked the rest of lads about keeping him on and they were unanimous so it appears he's well liked.

Daft, but he'll learn from it.

It's not "illegal" to pay in coppers. You simply can't force someone to accept it. If they are OK with it, it's fine and perfectly legal. All the phrase "legal tender" really means is that you can pay taxes with it, if I remember rightly.

Bloody stupid, all the same.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84586 on: September 30, 2015, 01:17:34 pm »
It's not "illegal" to pay in coppers. You simply can't force someone to accept it. If they are OK with it, it's fine and perfectly legal. All the phrase "legal tender" really means is that you can pay taxes with it, if I remember rightly.

Bloody stupid, all the same.
Yes, it is.  Under the coinage act it's illegal to use 21 or more 1ps in a single transaction.  Obviously some people will accept the payment, but technically it becomes illegal tender once the act is contravened.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84587 on: September 30, 2015, 01:25:29 pm »
Yes, it is.  Under the coinage act it's illegal to use 21 or more 1ps in a single transaction.  Obviously some people will accept the payment, but technically it becomes illegal tender once the act is contravened.

Wrong. It isn't legal tender, but that doesn't mean you can't do it. Legal tender is a very specific and narrowly defined term. Scottish bank notes are not legal tender, even in Scotland, but it certainly isn't a crime to use them.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84588 on: September 30, 2015, 04:11:33 pm »
Where was it reported he repeatedly turned up late? And illegal tender? Looked like GBP he was paying in - not rupees!

It was a joke gone wrong - the lad has apologised and will learn from this. There's an interview with the Swindon manager going round where he praises Vigerouxs attitude - so not sure where all this bad attitude talk is coming from?

Hadn't seen it reported anywhere that it was repeated, my mistake. I had been told by several Town fans that was the case but it hasn't been reported that way so I guess they were wrong. From what's been said by those involved it was supposed to be a joke that backfired and thank fully they have all put it behind them.

As for the legal tender thing, I think it has been covered in the loan players thread so no need to go over it again.

I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline TtotheVizzo

• Main Stander
« Reply #84589 on: September 30, 2015, 04:44:06 pm »
Kent and Brannagan in the England u20 squad and Ojo and Rossiter in the u19's
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 05:50:52 pm by TtotheVizzo »

Offline gazzathered

• RAWK's Token Ginger
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84590 on: September 30, 2015, 09:27:00 pm »
Kent and Brannagan in the England u20 squad and Ojo and Rossiter in the u19's

Thanks,back to football, just read a whole page of people talking a legal tender of pennies
YNWA

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #84591 on: September 30, 2015, 10:03:09 pm »
Brand-New Show: The Academy

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x388nc5_brand-new-show-the-academy_sport" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x388nc5_brand-new-show-the-academy_sport</a>
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 10:25:55 pm by LFCTikiTaka »

Offline WidnesJon

• Sworn enemy of RuncornPaul
  • Main Stander
  • Kemlyn Hughes
« Reply #84592 on: September 30, 2015, 10:18:09 pm »
Thanks,back to football, just read a whole page of people talking a legal tender of pennies

Yep - it's small change but it's appreciated.   :-[

Cheers
Jon

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #84593 on: October 1, 2015, 03:09:34 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5N6sAYwAwHk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5N6sAYwAwHk</a>

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #84594 on: October 1, 2015, 03:38:54 pm »
Brand-New Show: The Academy

<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x388nc5_brand-new-show-the-academy_sport" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x388nc5_brand-new-show-the-academy_sport</a>
No wonder the kids are having hard time breaking into higher levels. They must be confused being thought soccerball, then expected to play football...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Nessy76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84595 on: October 1, 2015, 03:49:44 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5N6sAYwAwHk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5N6sAYwAwHk</a>

Great stuff, he's really playing well and got the crowd (all three of them) on their feet a few times.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84596 on: October 1, 2015, 05:04:55 pm »
In contrast Wolves fans are  underwhelmed with Sheyi Ojo :(

http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=94659

Underwhelmed is putting it nicely almost. Well it's been silent since his last game.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84597 on: October 1, 2015, 06:00:36 pm »
Underwhelmed is putting it nicely almost. Well it's been silent since his last game.

if there was a worse loan signing let me know who, i cant think of one.

This puts to shame even the biggest whiners on here (and that takes some doing)

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84598 on: October 1, 2015, 10:11:37 pm »
Rossiter tho

Offline stevelecool

• Main Stander
« Reply #84599 on: October 1, 2015, 10:12:41 pm »
Hope he gets to start some league games soon, was really good.