Author Topic: Trabzonspor away  (Read 17783 times)

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
Re: Trabzonspor away
« Reply #80 on: August 18, 2010, 04:19:04 pm »

Got this Twit from Trabzonspor- the 375 euros must be for a box with kebabs and Efes included

Trabzonspor

@Heighway0 They will be between 50 and 750 Turkish Liras (25-375 Euros)

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #81 on: August 18, 2010, 04:40:58 pm »
£44 for our end, fuck off!!
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2010, 03:03:27 pm »
FSF have recently released an article via the FSE:-

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/FSE-launch-Whistleblower-Campaign.php
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2010, 04:12:23 pm »
Got this Twit from Trabzonspor- the 375 euros must be for a box with kebabs and Efes included

Trabzonspor

@Heighway0 They will be between 50 and 750 Turkish Liras (25-375 Euros)

Three hundred an fifty nicker, that's more than the prize money for the UEFA Cup!
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline selim_gs

• Boys Pen
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2010, 07:04:39 pm »
Hello everyone, just wanted to add somethings about Trabzon and the people :)

The black sea region, especially the eastern parts are interestingly similar to the Scottish highlands.. Constant rain, greyish air, mountains and green all over, and unique people. I've been to both, and honestly I think the black sea region is much more beautiful than the highlands..

anyway Trabzon is a very different and interesting place both in positive and negative ways, it is not like many other Turkish cities. The people are usually the utmost friendly and utmost hospitable people. But they are also known for their temper. Trabzon is one of the conservative cities in Turkey, and you guys must keep in mind that right know where in the middle of the holy month of Ramadan. Personally, i'm not a big fan of these things and i do not follow any of the religious stuff but you must keep in mind that once you start heading east in Turkey, people will start to stare at you if you eat or drink something during daylight in this month. Also, people suddenly become more sensetive with the alcohol thing during Ramadan, which i also find completely illogical because alcohol is forbidden in Islam for all the time, not just in Ramadan or it's not a bigger sin to drink alcohol in Ramadan, but somehow people who are more conservative do not tend to consume any alcohol during Ramadan and do not exactly greet you with affection if you do so.. (Again let me say i'm not really a fan of all these.. people should do what they want, it's all a matter between you and what you believe in and it's not anybody else's business)

So here's the question, what will happen if you eat and drink beer in the middle of Trabzon ? Probably just nothing. Because as i said before, the black sea people are maybe the most hospitable people all around the world.. Everyone is going to know you are tourists, and people will fight each other to try to invite you to their houses and offer you some food or some tea. I don't believe eating will be an issue anyway, but please keep in mind that the alcohol issue might be a problem if it's done too public.. It's best to do it as private as possible, preferable in a restaurant where you see a EFES PILSEN sign or in the hotel.. I know Liverpool fans are maybe one of the most considerate and responsible fans in England, as I saw personally the night before the final in Istanbul. 60.000 fans in the heart of Istanbul, each holding at least a bottle of beer in their hand and not one single problem. That was seriously impossible, but it happened. I'm sure nobody is going to wipe their arses with a Turkish flag etc, if you guys can just stick to "not drinking too public" i believe everything's going to be allright..

It's just that we don't want to see anything similar to what happened in Istanbul with the Leeds fans 10 years ago. They drank too much, the Galatasaray fans over there tonight were not thinking straight and trajedy struck both sides in the end.  Anyway I hope you guys will try to keep these in mind..

I hope you guys do not find these words insulting or intimidating in any kind, it's just that I personally want everyone coming to Turkey, to leave Turkey with the best of memories. 

Anway enough of the serious stuff :) for those of you who have a spare day or two, I definetly reccomend seeing the "Sumela manastry" and "Uzungol (means long lake)" these places are purely magical.. Also to the west of Trabzon, there's a small town called Akcaabat. Akcaabat is famous for its meatballs, which really are breathtakingly delicious. You can go to Akcaabat and just ask for "KOFTE" which you would pronounce as coff-teh

about football, Trabzon has really passionate fans. They are both nationalist and also they are a big fan of their cities. They can not be specified as a strong "ultras" group, for example they do not attend so much to the away games, and they are not very well organized compared to the Istanbul teams, but they are very strong crowd in home. And they are going to especially excited and  strong since they got a "not so bad as expected" result back in Anfield. Be ready for a surprise on the 61th minute of the game, and try to figure out the meaning and the timing of this show ! (hint - check out the registration plates of the vehicles in Trabzon)

Keep in mind that up until last year, Trabzon was the only team to become champions outside of Istanbul, and they did it 6 times. They came really close once in 1996 and once 3-4 years ago. This is a really huge achievement, when you think that the three Istanbul teams are economically the strongest ones. Last year surprisingly another team outside of Istanbul, Bursaspor became the champions (really strong fans also, try to catch a Bursaspor home match on the Champions League). But Trabzon also won the cup, beating clear favorities fenerbahce 2-1, coming back from one goal down. Two weeks ago, they beat Bursa on the Turkish super cup 3-0, and last week they beat Ankaragücü 2-0. So they are on a good form.. let's see what they do tomorrow :)

Anymore questions and i'll be glad to answer..

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2010, 08:15:44 pm »
Interesting article- I am now a bit inquisitive as to what happens in the 61st minute. One or two of us are of an age whereby any shocks might cause us damage to our circulatory system. Anyway looking forward to this one and at least there will be plenty of atmosphere in the ground. :wave

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2010, 09:11:09 pm »
Interesting article- I am now a bit inquisitive as to what happens in the 61st minute. One or two of us are of an age whereby any shocks might cause us damage to our circulatory system. Anyway looking forward to this one and at least there will be plenty of atmosphere in the ground. :wave

Ditto, very intriguing!!!

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't go out tonight...
« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2010, 09:20:18 pm »
Thanks for that Selim! Gonna be a great week, the Trabzonspor fans I met over here were sound. I'm sure our fans will make an equally good impression.
"Lads, we've all seen Airport, we know where this is going."

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2010, 06:46:28 pm »
How much support do you think we will get for this one??? - i am guessing at 100

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2010, 09:01:25 am »
FSF have recently released an article via the FSE:-

http://www.fsf.org.uk/news/FSE-launch-Whistleblower-Campaign.php

A chap on WSC forum explained to us that it seems to be the custom in Turkey to hike prices for the big games when they feel like it, e.g. he went to see Beşiktaş play Vikingur in Europa League qualifier 2 rounds ago and the tickets were 40 quid, because it was Quaresma's debut.

PS Good luck to all those making the journey.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 09:09:00 am by Pata »

Offline DAVID IN DUBAI

• Main Stander
  • (Sniffer) Dubai Reds.
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2010, 11:49:37 am »
Probably the same as Skopje about 75-100 went there and it was a good trip.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2010, 01:26:25 pm »
Probably the same as Skopje about 75-100 went there and it was a good trip.

Was supposedly on 45 from the uk, the rest were Kosovan's, Greek's etc but i think you'll be correct with your guess between 75-100.

Offline RO-mania

• Main Stander
  • In Istanbul We Won It 5 Times
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2010, 04:50:05 pm »
i just checked the official trabzon website and their fans forum. people are quite nervous there because, quite strange, the home fans tickets will be on sale only on the match day.
http://www.trabzonspor.org.tr/default.asp?Sayfa=HaberDetay&IND=5069 this is the link to their match tickets prices. basically they confirm the 100TL price. Same for home and away fans.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 05:22:17 pm by RO-mania »

Offline cetincem

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Cekme Kaset
« Reply #93 on: August 24, 2010, 07:31:31 am »
well apparently it will be tough for me to get in, since it won't be on sale on biletix.com. i don't know how i can get an away end ticket on match day. going all the way from istanbul to trabzon (about 12-hour drive) without having a ticket... i am considering my options now.

for any of you guys planning to come to trabzon from liverpool, if any of you guys can find a spare ticket for me, i will highly appreciate it.
Moses said 'Come Forth,' Rafa said 'No, we will win the cup instead'

Offline selim_gs

• Boys Pen
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2010, 03:13:25 pm »
cetincem, they will go on sale tomorrow from biletix.com  at 14 o clock

http://www.trabzonspor.org.tr/default.asp?Sayfa=HaberDetay&IND=5208#Icerik

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #95 on: August 24, 2010, 06:02:47 pm »
safe trip to everyone who's going. Looks like a cracking little gaff this Trabzon!

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #96 on: August 24, 2010, 06:32:56 pm »
Thanks Gnaume- sorry that we don't have more of us going out there

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #97 on: August 24, 2010, 06:48:44 pm »
Shame that I have to swerve it, would have loved to go but I can't even pay me phone bills at the moment.

Offline mybacklight

• Account Closed!
  • Anny Roader
  • Cuz Laddie says so!
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2010, 11:56:07 am »
Big clap to all that made it. Brilliant Stuff! 

Hope the players came up to you and gave you the money back as some sort of gesture!!

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't go out tonight...
« Reply #99 on: August 27, 2010, 10:59:53 pm »
18 hour slog home off no sleep. Never again! Great trip though and the people in Trabzon were all sound!
"Lads, we've all seen Airport, we know where this is going."

Offline RO-mania

• Main Stander
  • In Istanbul We Won It 5 Times
« Reply #100 on: August 27, 2010, 11:33:21 pm »
Here is a collection of photos from our trip to Trabzon.
http://picasaweb.google.com/eastsidegraphics/LiverpoolFCInTrabzon#

Here is a condensed version of this collection (plus some explanatory comments)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49807900@N08/sets/72157624697081015/
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 11:08:39 am by RO-mania »

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #101 on: August 27, 2010, 11:52:43 pm »
Some crackin pics, well in lads
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2010, 12:14:38 am »
Some crackin pics, well in lads

Yep, well in with the Tom & George out pics.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #103 on: August 28, 2010, 08:00:50 am »
Brilliant pics Dan-sums up the trip perfectly.From a professional point of view you took the wrong photo of the team plane- it was the one with two jets on the back.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #104 on: August 28, 2010, 09:23:00 am »

quality! nice one Ro-mania :)

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 28, 2010, 01:50:07 pm »
I've just about dried off now, good trip yet again...shattered after all the travelling, bet that little bar i think all 80 of us found has never done so much business!

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: August 28, 2010, 02:53:25 pm »
Fantastic if bloody knackering journey,no kip from after the match till i got home at 9 last nite..
brilliant welcome from all the trabzon people we met,met the team at the nova hotel,listening to wayne in deep conversation with ian ayre,dont think he thought too much about waynes new idea of keeping the team occupied pre match instead of strolling round the hotel garden!!!!
most of the lads met up at the 3 storey bar by the horen hotel,great pre match session,got taxis to the ground,and got soaked for the next 3hours..
stood next to the police in the ground,couldn't believe it when 0ne of their lot gave me a box with about 200 programmes and asked me to give them out,they lasted about 30 seconds,hope everyone who was there got 1..
end of the game,group of lads from who had travelled by road from tblisi in georgia came over and  gave me their supporters club flag and asked if i would take it to the matches with me,if your reading this lads its going tomorrow and all the others i go to,thank you..

2 bouncing coaches back to the town centre to the same bar,great couple of hours in there,until trabzons answer to simon cowell decided to kick off,think hes in one of the photos with a trabzon jester hat on,complete wanker..
as i said fantastic trip,pity lfc tv were not in the bar to film it all after the match,would have made a great programme!!!
ps..think everyone would agree the star of the trip was the sweet smellin BOBBY O.......

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 28, 2010, 03:33:08 pm »

Roy Hodgson has expressed his gratitude to the 90 fans who travelled from Merseyside to Turkey to support Liverpool in the Europa League clash with Trabzonspor on Thursday.

After completing the long journey to Trabzon, the Kopites were forced to face the elements and contended with heavy downpours inside the stadium.

Still, their spirits were not dampened - and Hodgson admits he and the team are grateful for their loyal support in helping the Reds to a 2-1 victory.

"Thank you is the first message," the boss told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I think it is very commendable people should make such an effort because Trabzon is a notoriously difficult place to get to.

"It's not an easy place to get to even from Turkey, let alone Liverpool, so we were really delighted to see the people there.

"They were penned in and rained upon but fortunately we were able to give them what I thought was a good performance and a good victory. I hope we sent them back happy.

"We were certainly very impressed to see them there and hope we are going to get a good body of fans following us to Utrecht, Napoli and Bucharest.

"I am sure we will because if you can get to Trabzon, you can certainly get to those places."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-s-message-to-fans
87:13

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 28, 2010, 03:39:48 pm »
Roy Hodgson has expressed his gratitude to the 90 fans who travelled from Merseyside to Turkey to support Liverpool in the Europa League clash with Trabzonspor on Thursday.

After completing the long journey to Trabzon, the Kopites were forced to face the elements and contended with heavy downpours inside the stadium.

Still, their spirits were not dampened - and Hodgson admits he and the team are grateful for their loyal support in helping the Reds to a 2-1 victory.

"Thank you is the first message," the boss told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I think it is very commendable people should make such an effort because Trabzon is a notoriously difficult place to get to.

"It's not an easy place to get to even from Turkey, let alone Liverpool, so we were really delighted to see the people there.

"They were penned in and rained upon but fortunately we were able to give them what I thought was a good performance and a good victory. I hope we sent them back happy.

"We were certainly very impressed to see them there and hope we are going to get a good body of fans following us to Utrecht, Napoli and Bucharest.

"I am sure we will because if you can get to Trabzon, you can certainly get to those places."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-s-message-to-fans

just hope that means that for all of us who travelled that we are getting tickets for utrecht

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 28, 2010, 07:14:32 pm »
just hope that means that for all of us who travelled that we are getting tickets for utrecht

Even though they said before hand it wouldn't count for a credit, if anybody who went to Skopje or Trabzon doesn't get a ticket for the next three it's absolute bollocks, it would do no harm now to back track any say they have decided to give those people first priority seeing as is wasn't large numbers.

Offline Dan_L

• WANTED: For crimes against Carpets & Curtains
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2010, 09:35:47 pm »
Any spare programmes, didnt see them being handed out.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2010, 01:23:08 am »

Here is a condensed version of this collection (plus some explanatory comments)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/49807900@N08/sets/72157624697081015/
I am jealous! Nice one you lucky people. Looks like you all had a brilliant time. Nice to see your daughter again by the way...best regards, and Phil, Longworth and co... Typical pint down ye throat! hehehe Doubt I can make Romania, but would be great to see you all again in Naples and Utrecht.

Offline DAVID IN DUBAI

• Main Stander
  • (Sniffer) Dubai Reds.
« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2010, 12:03:54 pm »
I AGREE WITH THE TICKET STATEMENT, ANYONE WHO WENT TO THE TWO QUALIFIERS AWAY SHOULD GET A FREEBIE TICKET TO THE FIRST GROUP GAME AWAY; AND WE ALL KNOW THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. YNWA

Offline rhylred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2010, 06:38:04 pm »
I AGREE WITH THE TICKET STATEMENT, ANYONE WHO WENT TO THE TWO QUALIFIERS AWAY SHOULD GET A FREEBIE TICKET TO THE FIRST GROUP GAME AWAY; AND WE ALL KNOW THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN. YNWA
great to meet you over there dave,thanks for the use of the room for our cases,hope you had a good flite home,hopefully not via tahiti,thanks again mate,see you in the dam...

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #114 on: August 30, 2010, 11:00:15 am »

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 30, 2010, 11:17:24 am »

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #116 on: August 30, 2010, 11:20:56 am »
The fish was superb

Offline DAVID IN DUBAI

• Main Stander
  • (Sniffer) Dubai Reds.
« Reply #117 on: August 30, 2010, 01:26:31 pm »
No problem Rhyl , I have booked direct flight Dubai - Dam on Garuda air (360 quid return) . Will arrive on the morning of the game leave next day as holidays are getting in short supply.
Struggling to find cheap flights from here to Naples and Bucharest looks like having to travel to London or Paris for connections, anyway lets see what happens.
See u in the Dam.
I bet you tickets will be hard to get hold of for this game as every man and his dog will want to go.

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #118 on: August 30, 2010, 05:42:57 pm »
what's this guys story? looked a good laugh :D

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #119 on: August 31, 2010, 10:39:10 am »
what's this guys story? looked a good laugh :D

He worked in the local opticians which you can see in the first photograph(top right). That's why he puts so much emphasis on his eyes.