Author Topic: Guide to Unirea Urziceni (Bucharest)  (Read 40663 times)

Offline EveryOtherSaturday

• Main Stander
Re: Guide to Unirea Urziceni (Bucharest)
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2010, 10:02:48 pm »
HA! Someone's gonna get ripped off

I think you mean sucked off haha

Offline Chris_Romania

• RAWK Romanian Correspondent
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2010, 10:18:55 pm »
Brasses are prostitutes, what are the going rates for scatty ones on the street and more the upmarket ones?

What pubs/bars would you recommend for a decent pint, late opening and ones with birds in?

"Scatty ones on the street" - don't care & have no idea & would never recommend them to anyone. Most of them are gypsies and obviously not safe at all.
"the upmarket ones" - you do know prostitution is illegal here, right? So you won't find anything out in the open. However there are plenty of "erotic massage parlors" that are in fact brothels in disguise. Rates go from 50 quid up to 100 or maybe more, depending on what you want.

Bucharest is full of pubs & bars, some of them (like the Irish Pub in Unirii square) close right after midnight, some stay open until 3-4 AM. Very few are actually non stop - the one that comes to mind right now is Oktoberfest, a place right next to Unirii square, that's where I always end up early in the morning. Plus they have good beer. In large pints. :)

Offline Block306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2010, 10:27:13 pm »
Hahaha the scatty ones are like the little 'give you 3 ciggies and a fiver for a chew' . EveryOtherSaturday - you'll be sound me mates  ;) got one in Budapest after the game only a ten spot or something like that, the brasses will be out deffo  :lickin

Offline MONTREAL_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2010, 11:03:25 pm »
Its going to be cold as fuck
softness
'Currently smoking is not allowed on planes, on buses and on some trains. Luxury hotels have designated no-smoking floors but very few restaurants have no-smoking sections.'
We dont even have to put on a jacket to go out for a ciggie.

http://www.romaniatourism.com/info.html
"OH! What a dog's hole is Manchester"
- Sir John Byng

Offline Chris_Romania

• RAWK Romanian Correspondent
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2010, 07:40:22 am »
softness
'Currently smoking is not allowed on planes, on buses and on some trains. Luxury hotels have designated no-smoking floors but very few restaurants have no-smoking sections.'

Hehe, that's true :)  All bars and pubs allow smoking inside.

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2010, 08:24:03 am »
Brasses are prostitutes, what are the going rates for scatty ones on the street and more the upmarket ones?

What pubs/bars would you recommend for a decent pint, late opening and ones with birds in?
Why pay for something you can get free? If you pay for it and you catch something, your a mug! Go out find a nice genuine looker, take her back to yours and do it all for nothing... I can t believe you are planning on paying for it, 6 weeks before we go out there?! You must be well desperate.

Offline Block306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2010, 11:46:47 am »
It's all part of the euro away for me and me mates, loads of ale, birds and watchin the red's! Do u really think we'll be able to chat up a Romanian bird and take her back the hotel? Na, no chance mate. Desperate? Not at all. Tell me this would you get bored if you eat jam buttys everyday?

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2010, 01:16:42 pm »
'keeping cheap Airlines and brass houses busy since 1892' or what does that quality flag say? Wouldn't mind one of these 'massage parlours' or at least a strip club either myself. Not too sure about this dodgy hotel-come-whorehouse (or the other way round, as it is) either, though, to be honest

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2010, 02:33:42 pm »
softness

2 pounds a pack, Ill never want to fucking leave
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
  • Through wind and rain..
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2010, 07:51:10 pm »
It's all part of the euro away for me and me mates, loads of ale, birds and watchin the red's! Do u really think we'll be able to chat up a Romanian bird and take her back the hotel? Na, no chance mate. Desperate? Not at all. Tell me this would you get bored if you eat jam buttys everyday?

As he said, although i kinda usually just stick to the stripclubs...if there as good as budapest im happy!

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 14, 2010, 12:02:13 am »
Well fellas...To all of us going to Romania... I cant wait! After getting twatted by Reading, I will be on one fuckin long booze up! Seriously, I am looking more forward to this by the day. Looking at the fixtures, come Romania, we could be 10th in the League, nowt to play for, and this could be the last European trip away for a long time. Lets make it happen, and lets enjoy it.

Offline peter talman

• Main Stander
« Reply #131 on: January 14, 2010, 12:02:17 am »
KEEPING CHEAP AIRLINES AND BRASS HOUSES IN BUSINESS

See you all in Bucharest

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2010, 12:03:20 am »

See you all in Bucharest
LOVE IT! hahaha

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2010, 09:33:40 am »
Well fellas...To all of us going to Romania... I cant wait! After getting twatted by Reading, I will be on one fuckin long booze up! Seriously, I am looking more forward to this by the day. Looking at the fixtures, come Romania, we could be 10th in the League, nowt to play for, and this could be the last European trip away for a long time. Lets make it happen, and lets enjoy it.

Totally agree mate, 5 off us going and all well looking forward to it.

Hope so much that we can get through a few rounds in the Europa or else its going to be a long hard season!

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: January 14, 2010, 09:52:07 am »

;D

Offline blurred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2010, 11:59:35 am »

See you all in Bucharest

Saw that one in Budapest. Good flag.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: January 14, 2010, 01:58:58 pm »

See you all in Bucharest

Love it...has anyone ever had a real bad experience with the brasses abroad?

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #137 on: January 14, 2010, 02:02:02 pm »

Was thinking this yesterday, dear god
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline EveryOtherSaturday

• Main Stander
« Reply #138 on: January 14, 2010, 09:41:20 pm »
http://wikitravel.org/en/Bucharest    Very helpful. Also there is a massive 3,500 seater circus in the north east of the city, right next to dinamo's ground, looks amazin.

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2010, 06:09:13 pm »
Any chance this go all FCH? i will send inpostal anyway i think worth a shout :)

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #140 on: January 16, 2010, 06:27:14 pm »
Any chance this go all FCH? i will send inpostal anyway i think worth a shout :)

Deffo - don't think this will sell out

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #141 on: January 16, 2010, 10:10:40 pm »
Wouldn't mind one of these 'massage parlours' or at least a strip club either myself.

stick together again mate and i'm sure we'll something  ;)

ticket details should be out soon as the home is out and about? end of next maybe?
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: January 21, 2010, 08:26:45 pm »
Any news on this yet?

I'm on me todd for this one, none of the miserable shites round here are going. So all info - tickets, flights, hotels, whereabouts everyone's stayin/bevvyin an that  -  much appreciated, cos if I'm gonna make it I'll have to make a shape soon.

Every time I look though, it keeps going up.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline ConorYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2010, 09:35:41 pm »
Any news on this yet?

I'm on me todd for this one, none of the miserable shites round here are going. So all info - tickets, flights, hotels, whereabouts everyone's stayin/bevvyin an that  -  much appreciated, cos if I'm gonna make it I'll have to make a shape soon.

Every time I look though, it keeps going up.

Rubbish isn't it. Just cant find a deal that is worth booking there and then.

Serves me right for being unorganised when the draw was made. Will let you know if I find anything decent mate.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: January 21, 2010, 10:22:59 pm »
Shite mate. I'm gonna just keep an eye on things and jump if I see something cheap enough. Probably end up doing the last minute thing.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline so kop end lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2010, 01:31:41 pm »
Not booked anything myself yet either. Will have a look on Tues when im off,

Have no holidays left so will have to do go sick.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2010, 03:01:29 pm »
anybody looked who's got the best exchange rate for the Leu yet? I normally just pop down the post office, but let us know if u've looked around? Ta

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2010, 05:10:08 pm »
Have to say, the ground is hard to beat for the sheer blandness
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/28/Ghencea_panoramic.jpg

Reckon FC Kaunas beats it hands down

Offline steviewonders

• Main Stander
« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2010, 05:14:27 pm »
i don.t think you can buy leu at home - i asked and told not on exchange sytem computer. some currency are closed and think case here. you get minimum at airport for bus or whatever and then use legit exchange booths. weŕe paying for our apt in euro - don,t expect taxman finds out then ;)   

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #149 on: January 22, 2010, 05:47:59 pm »
anybody looked who's got the best exchange rate for the Leu yet? I normally just pop down the post office, but let us know if u've looked around? Ta

euroxchange were trump on crooks for buda so may go their?
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: January 22, 2010, 06:01:48 pm »

i don.t think you can buy leu at home - i asked and told not on exchange sytem computer. some currency are closed and think case here. you get minimum at airport for bus or whatever and then use legit exchange booths. weŕe paying for our apt in euro - don,t expect taxman finds out then ;)   
think stevie wonder is right just checked, none of the main currency exchanges showin leu's,sayin on romanian websites to change your money over there.....

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #151 on: January 22, 2010, 06:29:11 pm »
Will check with my Rumanian agent and get back to you re: currency
Rhylred -Surely they can do you a deal on Busy Air when you fly out from Rome to Bucharest
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 06:33:48 pm by LONGWORTH »

Offline david25113051

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: January 22, 2010, 07:16:36 pm »
is it romanian new lei  or romanian lei that what it is coming up with on www.xe.com
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 07:25:43 pm by david25113051 »

Offline S2509

• Boys Pen
« Reply #153 on: January 23, 2010, 12:01:20 pm »

Post Office in Smiths at Liverpool One told me can order them and can collect 48hrs later. Boxing mine off after payday.

Offline aedge659

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: January 23, 2010, 08:02:31 pm »
Ta 4 ya feedback lads, ill pop to the post office n ask on me day odd next week...i would of thought they could order them like S5029 said, i could get out there but i cant be arsed with the bother to be honest!

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #155 on: January 24, 2010, 08:47:18 am »
Link to the Post Office currency converter where you can check the exchange rate and order for delivery to your house or pick up from your local branch.  Gives you some idea.

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/foreignexchange?type=buy&pageId=fex_main&catId=19300210&intcampaignid=PI0193

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: January 24, 2010, 12:05:11 pm »
Just noticed today's temperature in Bucharest  -13 degrees max   - 18 degrees minimum

Online wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #157 on: January 24, 2010, 01:12:37 pm »
Just noticed today's temperature in Bucharest  -13 degrees max   - 18 degrees minimum

looks like ill be taking a couple of hip flasks with me to to keep us warm during the game.

Offline LONGWORTH

• Kopite
« Reply #158 on: January 24, 2010, 01:21:49 pm »
Does anyone know the date for our possible away fixture to Fernebache ?

Offline Helsinki Red

• ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: January 24, 2010, 02:23:44 pm »

In February minimum temperature is -3 degrees and max +4 degrees. March min 0 and max +10.