Author Topic: LYON away  (Read 18211 times)

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LYON away
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2009, 10:45:07 pm »
anyone based in belgium or holland want to share the drive down, please Pm... ta
Looking at doing the drive down from calais early morning of the game, back early next morning. Anyone interested in a car share with a couple of spare tickets included if needed? pm me let me know.
These are compatible no?
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2009, 10:46:34 pm »
Hi looking at driving down on the morning of the game. Could maybe pick you up from Veurne in Belgium if your interested?
And I would be looking at chipping in back to Paris or even belgium mate.
Am hitching up from Nice and have to get to Holland then Berlin to recover my bike

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • "It's not where you're from, it's where you're at"
    • ELSON
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2009, 10:41:10 am »
These are compatible no?
si...I hope ...
Freelance Subversive..
may the RED force be with you...
YNWA-J4t96

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • ELSON
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2009, 10:44:24 am »
Hi looking at driving down on the morning of the game. Could maybe pick you up from Veurne in Belgium if your interested?

hiya Dave,
I think I can get to veurne...
(sent U a PM today)
Freelance Subversive..
YNWA-J4t96

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2009, 12:10:15 pm »

hiya Dave,
I think I can get to veurne...
(sent U a PM today)
And I have sent you one too

Offline LFCStephen

• Legacy Fan
  • I just carnt get enough....
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2009, 09:01:56 pm »
Last time we needed a win in the CL we got it and look what happened (I know things are different, team, venue etc) But its happened before!!

YNWA Believe in the RED MEN!!! :)

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2009, 09:16:00 pm »
massive stakes riding on this result now.

come on red men!
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline davsteer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2009, 09:37:12 pm »
Last time we needed a win in the CL we got it and look what happened (I know things are different, team, venue etc) But its happened before!!

YNWA Believe in the RED MEN!!! :)

we beat marseille away... then lost in the semi final??????

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2009, 11:55:56 pm »
We WILL win in Lyon... Watch this space!

Rafa always pulls these results out of the bag. 

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #49 on: November 1, 2009, 10:53:37 am »
We WILL win in Lyon... Watch this space!

Rafa always pulls these results out of the bag. 

Must admit that I've had more confidence going into similar circumstances before, mainly because the side seemed more capable of turning things around then, but as the Manc game proved last week, you never know.

Either way, enjoy the trip everyone as the European trips are something else.....made even better with the bonus of a win!

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #50 on: November 1, 2009, 05:15:32 pm »
We are a team of one half.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: November 1, 2009, 05:40:37 pm »
Uncovered stand we're in isn't it?

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #52 on: November 1, 2009, 07:14:55 pm »
Uncovered stand we're in isn't it?

i think its slightly covered if your not at the front?
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline gnaume

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wow! My subconsciousness is a genius!
« Reply #53 on: November 1, 2009, 07:15:21 pm »
Think most of it is covered mate... Plus we're not made of sugar now are we? ;)

Offline SwedenRed

• It's time we stopped mocking the afflicted. Being an England fan in Sweden is punishment enough :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: November 1, 2009, 10:06:14 pm »
Great! We are getting wet.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #55 on: November 2, 2009, 01:28:09 am »
Taking this off another LFC forum i go on, some of you might be interested, he said post it around any forums if you want, why not.

----

Lyon away - a cry to arms.

When we went to Fiorentina, quite a few noted how we just melted into Joe public
out there and by the time we all got to the stadium, the atmosphere was diluted and weak
from the off. Irrespective of the performance on the pitch, it was noticeable how lethargic
everyone was; even those on the day trip. It certainly wasn't the case that Joe public knew
the "Liverpool Boys were in town"!

Now I'm not a great fan of squares and the 'beaut behaviour' that can go with them.
I'd much rather find some side street bar and have a 'local' bevvy, bit of  a sing-song and
perhaps a bit of friendly banter with like-minded locals.

But I think Wednesday needs something different. Wednesday needs some of that 'SOLIDARNOSC'
we keep talking about. We need to get to Lyon, plot up en masse, get the banners out and let them
know we've arrived. Nothing hostile, just let them know the Liverpool Boys are in town. And we need to
take that buoyant mood with us into the stadium. I'd like to think the team and Rafa would hear us arriving.
I'd like to think those players would hear us backing them as they're lacing up their boots. Let's turn it into
one of those legendary Euro aways we've had before...2000 together as one singing out loud about their love
for the club and manager; not the sterile shite aways we've been having.

Wednesday is a huge night and I think it starts with US that afternoon.

A mate of mine who's been out there before, tells me of this square where you can get the banners out,
there's plenty of room and there are bars all round where you can get out of the rain that it looks like we might be getting.

The square is Place des Terreaux, on the island between the two rivers. The nearest Metro station is 'Hotel de Ville',
just 50m away and the stadium is 20 mins away on the metro, (Stade de Gerland), with one change on the way.

I really think we can do our bit. Going into the stadium in Florence, you could sense the apathy. Let's not repeat that.

Of course you can bin the whole idea and that's your choice. But if that's the case, at least do your bit to bring a positive
attitude into the stadium and not wait til our first goal!

I'll attach a map of the Lyon metro so you can see where I mean with all the info above.

Hope to see some of you out there and those who are members of other forums, feel free to stick this up on those
(or not as the case may be).

But whatever happens, let's have that CRY TO ARMS!

« Last Edit: November 2, 2009, 01:29:51 am by dannymc »

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #56 on: November 2, 2009, 02:03:13 am »
let's have that CRY TO ARMS!

here here!

www.misternobody.co.uk

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline jones6573

• Kemlynite
« Reply #57 on: November 2, 2009, 06:59:57 am »
Gutted we can't go to this one, just been off with family problems for a week, so can't get time off.
YNWA

Online Pata

• cake
  • Legacy Fan

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 2, 2009, 10:04:45 am »
Flying out tommorow morning, arriving at 3pm in there time.... plenty of time to sink a few bevvies and get some scran and try find the rest of the reds!!
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline matchball

• Kopite
« Reply #60 on: November 2, 2009, 10:50:43 am »
Train to Gatwick early doors tomorrow for flight to Lyon. Planning to hit the bars in Vieux Lyon by midday, probably the Wallace first as not sure what else will be open then.
Matchday will check out square called Place des Terreaux as added by dannnymc
Bring it on!

Offline IfOnlyYouKnew

• Slow reader
  • Anny Roader
  • "No truly great man ever thought himself so"
« Reply #61 on: November 2, 2009, 11:28:15 am »
Yikes!!....I have a baaaaaaad feeling about this Scoob!!

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't go out tonight...
« Reply #62 on: November 2, 2009, 11:47:21 am »
Totally agree with the 'cry to arms'. We need a big effort and there and, as he says, it starts with us. Only thing is the weather might drive people inside, but even so, just kick off in the boozers. Up for it now after reading that!
"Lads, we've all seen Airport, we know where this is going."

Offline harvey-tuttle

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
    • ELSON
« Reply #63 on: November 2, 2009, 12:39:38 pm »
ChriS> hiya Dave,
I recently moved from hollond to the belgian flemish region , in the countryside near the belgian/dutch border, i had a dutch mobile number but it dont work here - its a "dead zone" and I have to trek to the local library to send emails,
please send me yr mobile number...
 I will try to get a friend to sms/phone tomorrow BUT anyway I intend to be at the meeting point ...I drive an old transit "bus" with KOP written on the front/sides
hope to read U soon,
YNWA
ChriS

I sent U a PM yesterday, I can get to veurne, please tell me a meeting point/time...
Freelance Subversive..
YNWA-J4t96

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 2, 2009, 01:19:58 pm »
ChriS> hiya Dave,
I recently moved from hollond to the belgian flemish region , in the countryside near the belgian/dutch border, i had a dutch mobile number but it dont work here - its a "dead zone" and I have to trek to the local library to send emails,
please send me yr mobile number...
 I will try to get a friend to sms/phone tomorrow BUT anyway I intend to be at the meeting point ...I drive an old transit "bus" with KOP written on the front/sides
hope to read U soon,
YNWA
ChriS

I sent U a PM yesterday, I can get to veurne, please tell me a meeting point/time...
Am also waiting for a reply Dave. I can get to Kent if that is your starting point.
I missed a flight out yesterday so am desperate

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 2, 2009, 03:22:09 pm »
flying out direct from manc,late tomorrow morning,should be a few of us on that one,arriving tomorrow afternoon,anyone one know if there's a meeting place tomorrow nite..

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 2, 2009, 06:14:17 pm »
flying out direct from manc,late tomorrow morning,should be a few of us on that one,arriving tomorrow afternoon,anyone one know if there's a meeting place tomorrow nite..
won't get there till wenesday lunch.
07870730991 give me a bell wednesday

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: November 2, 2009, 06:21:34 pm »
cheers harry,will do,should be quite a few of us by then,just had a text off Rafa,askin can you bring your boots up with you from Nice...

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #68 on: November 2, 2009, 06:31:34 pm »
Heading down to London tonight, flying from Stansted tomorrow (Tuesday) at 12.05, landing in Lyon at 14.50.
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 2, 2009, 06:54:04 pm »
cheers harry,will do,should be quite a few of us by then,just had a text off Rafa,askin can you bring your boots up with you from Nice...
what about gloves???

Offline steelersmark

• is engaged to a girl from Firenze.... firenze forever? Facebook Whopper Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 2, 2009, 11:08:16 pm »
4 of us going on the train tomorrow, Lime St all the way through. Gonna be boss!

Offline GeeFJay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #71 on: November 3, 2009, 12:21:33 am »
4 of us going on the train tomorrow, Lime St all the way through. Gonna be boss!

ferry in just over 25hrs, keep an eye out for a green 'pope mobile' ;D

www.misternobody.co.uk

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #72 on: November 3, 2009, 01:23:35 am »
Hello Kopites,

It will be the biggest game of the year for all the French Reds when the Mighty Reds come to Lyon for the Champions League match against Olympique Lyonnais on Wednesday 4th November at 8:45pm at the Stade de Gerland. The Reds lost the home game a few weeks ago at Anfield 2-1 so we will all be hoping for a win to take us closer to Madrid in May.

The French Branch of supporters will be in Lyon and invite you to join them with other fans from all over France and the world to support the Redmen during their stay in France !

Alot of you might be arriving at the main train station Part-Dieu early Wednesday so you could meet up at the Irish Pub close to the station, O'Conways. After that when the other bars and pubs will be open at around 3pm you could join the French Branch members at the French bar L'Abreuvoir on rue Sainte Catherine, just over the road is another top Irish Pub The Shamrock which should be opening earlier than usual at 4pm.

These two bars are close to the Place des Terreaux. The closest metro is Hotel de Ville on the Red A line. If its rainning, as forcast, best to be indoors as the Abreuvoir are doing pitchers of larger for 9.90 euros and pints of Stella for 4.50

Not far from Place des Terreaux on the other side of the river Saône over the Pont de le Feuillée is the Wallace Bar. This Scottish bar is a Liverpool freindly place with a great selection of beers and whiskeys. They have big screens for the football aswell and they should be showing some of our famous games on DVD for the day. The usual warm welcome is assured for all the travelling Reds. Open early and till late and they even do Fish & Chips ;-)

Around Place des Terreaux which is a nice size and handy for bars and restaurants which serve the local food that Lyon is famous for is a good place to meet up before the game. Another square for a meeting point is Place Bellcour, two stops away on the metro, but its maybe to big for the amount of travelling fans ?

If your around these places it's probably best to head down to the ground at about 6:30pm on the metro Bleu B line direction Stade de Gerland, it's the last stop so you cant miss the ground.

Not to far from the metro is the Ninkasi bar with its large beer garden and terrasse which would be great if the rain stays away. This place makes it's own beer so there should be plenty for all the Red's comming to Lyon ?

If you dont have a ticket they should be playing the game on their big screens aswell.

Once here it's not to far to the ground and to make it through the security checks before entering to watch the game.

Have a sound time in Lyon and lets hope the Reds can come away from the match with the three points we all want !!!

YNWA

The French Branch.

L'Abreuvoir
18, Rue Sainte Catherine, 69001 Lyon. Métro : Hôtel de Ville

For an atmosphere "MADE IN P-F SPIRIT" gauranteed !
Great French bar with everything at hand. The welcome is always warm. Doing a pitcher of larger for 9.90 euros and pints of Stella Artois 4.50 euros.
Open Wednesday : 15:00 till 03:00

The Shamrock
15, Rue Sainte Catherine, 69001 Lyon. Métro : Hôtel de Ville

Finding Ireland
The Shamrock , a traditional Irish pub serving Guiness and pub grub.
They have a big screen for the game and said they would be opening early at 4pm and staying open until 3am if the crowd was there.
Open Wednesday : 16:00 à 03:00

O'Conways
Place Charles Béraudier, 69003 Lyon. Métro : Part-Dieu

First meet-up Pub !
This traditional Irish pub is just next to the main train station Part-Dieu on boulevard Vivier-Merle. Got a big terrase if the weather is sunny its great !
Open early and shuts late.

Ninkasi Gerland
267, Rue Marcel Merieux, 69007 Lyon. Métro : Stade de Gerland

Big beer garden and terrasse for over 300 people. Make their own beers so should be good for tasting the local brews. Got food and snacks for all tastes as well as a big screen for the footy.
Open Wednesday : 10:00 à 01:00

The Wallace Bar.
2, Rue Octavio Mey. Metros : Vieux Lyon and Hotel de Ville.

Liverpool freindly place with regular Reds for the televised games.
Open : 11:00 to 02:30

The Cavern Lyon.
11, Rue des Trois Maries. Metro : Vieux Lyon.

Another Liverpool freindly bar in the Old Town.
Open : 18:00 to 02:00

Other Old Town (Vieux ville) Lyon pubs : St James is closing for the day and Johnny Walshs kitchen is aswell.

« Last Edit: November 3, 2009, 08:55:17 am by ant »
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline steelersmark

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 3, 2009, 01:25:53 am »
That square needs to be red.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #74 on: November 3, 2009, 01:37:34 am »
will try my best to get to that square in a live state.

Also look at the second image the grey bit where it says groupe sarrail, its ngog's nob

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #75 on: November 3, 2009, 01:52:18 am »
£4.00 a pint?

HYPERMARCHE IT IS.
hi

Offline PAC-MAN

• 'Hanging on the telephone - you're our number one'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 3, 2009, 03:56:31 am »
flight leaves at 9am today... See you all there
Can't stand the left-wing lunatics

Offline snouty17

• Kopite
« Reply #77 on: November 3, 2009, 10:32:50 am »
Wheres everyone heading for a beer tonight? We get out there around 9pm so wondering where the masses will be?

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #78 on: November 3, 2009, 01:51:49 pm »
Anyone going to Lyon Airport Wednesday morning, can you PM us, ta.
hi

Offline SwedenRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 3, 2009, 03:06:36 pm »
If anyone is catching a flight about 07:30 on thursday, please pm me. I was hoping we could mayne meet at Part Dieu Station and share a taxi to the airport... As I am not sure when the earliest bus is leaving.