Author Topic: Hang your heads in shame - Uefa & travel agents  (Read 6728 times)

Offline HARRY G

• Anny Roader
Hang your heads in shame - Uefa & travel agents
« on: April 30, 2008, 11:15:48 am »
Just been listening to five live giving out advice for travel to moscow, hotels, flights, visa's etc
Ok i know you will all think it's nothing new but i need to get it off my chest.

£1000 for flight only
£200 for a hotel
£95 for a visa
oh yes..add to that two days off work

I have a family holiday to vegas/new york and san francisco booked in june for the same price

It is a fucking disgrace

Even the official packages from the club site START at £1096.................fucking START!!!!!

The working Mans game my arse

Could this be the first final with empty seats?............it would serve the corrupt thieving gravy train bastards at UEFA right :no

Offline M(oaning) B(ecomes) E(mbarrassing)

• Worthless.
  • RAWK Embarrassment
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thoroughly thought through
Re: Hang your heads in shame - Uefa & travel agents
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:17:11 am »
Just been listening to five live giving out advice for travel to moscow, hotels, flights, visa's etc
Ok i know you will all think it's nothing new but i need to get it off my chest.

£1000 for flight only
£200 for a hotel
£95 for a visa
oh yes..add to that two days off work

I have a family holiday to vegas/new york and san francisco booked in june for the same price

It is a fucking disgrace

Even the official packages from the club site START at £1096.................fucking START!!!!!

The working Mans game my arse

Could this be the first final with empty seats?............it would serve the corrupt thieving gravy train bastards at UEFA right :no

Someone's in for a share of a £21 MILLION pound pay day and that's just from the Liverpool fans if all tickets/travel options are taken up! 
It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it.

Offline brenh

• Main Stander
  • SOS MEMEBER 140
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 11:21:28 am »
robbing gets comes to mind there

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 11:23:48 am »
I agree its a scandal mate. This gets me fuming year on year but unfortunately its not going to change because Uefa and the authorities don't want it to basically.

The only way they would review it is if there was a no-show final - which wont happen.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:28:13 am »
Think a fair few people will vote with their feet.

The mancs get 76,000 every game, one of the best supported clubs in the world and they still havent taken up all of their 21,000 allocation.

I only just finished paying for Istanbul this time last year.

Uefa are a bunch of politicing c*nts.

Offline incredibleL4ever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2008, 11:29:20 am »
What can u do?  For every fan who gets a ticket to Moscow there will be 10 who would gladly pay that much and more for his place.

Offline carra1892

• Kopite
  • G+H, fucking c*nts
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2008, 11:29:37 am »
What were the prices in Istanbul and Athens?
Dutch Red Patrick

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2008, 11:31:54 am »
Why blaim the travel agents ? Their markup is about 10%...its the airlines and hotels themselves who are marking up 1000% etc etc !
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2008, 11:33:37 am »

I paid £625 for istanbul with Barnes, inc price of ticket, flught out the morning of the game, Hotel and flight back thge next evening. Plus spends.

Not sure about Athens, but distance is comparable to Istanbul so would have thought the same.

Offline HARRY G

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2008, 11:35:48 am »
Why blaim the travel agents ? Their markup is about 10%...its the airlines and hotels themselves who are marking up 1000% etc etc !

Next time you go on holiday look at whats written on the side of the jet!!!
Thomas Cook own the fucking planes as well!!!

Normal fare to Moscow ANY other time of year is £259

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 11:37:27 am »
Since when have UEFA even given a fuck about Liverpool fans in the slightest?

Just be quiet, baaa along with the rest of the fans sheep and give UEFA your money.
Stop making this about football.

[/Platini mode]
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline Leanne_lfc4ever

• Main Stander
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 11:37:34 am »
I heard on radio 2 this morning that fans will not have to pay for a visa to go to the final?? But I guess it wouldnt make much difference if u have to pay £1000 for the flight!!! Thats terrible..
"Its not a badge, its a family crest"

Offline Red Heaven

• Legacy Fan
  • check it
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 11:37:51 am »
its scandalous
Simply Stunning, Simply Stevie G
All your southerners are twat headed c*nts, the dregs of English humanity, who eat their own faeces.
Top post by Red Heaven.

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 11:38:55 am »
Just been on Radio 5 that the Russians are about to confirm that visas won't be needed after all.

That will save you £95, but could mean more fans going without tickets.

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 11:40:53 am »
I heard on radio 2 this morning that fans will not have to pay for a visa to go to the final?? But I guess it wouldnt make much difference if u have to pay £1000 for the flight!!! Thats terrible..

There is no evidence of this from Russian authorities or Uefa.

It was the Mayor of Moscow making this claim.

I would keep listening until their Immigration people confirm this as fact. 

Offline HARRY G

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 11:42:59 am »

The Mayor?????       That will be comrade Dick Turpinsky then!

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2008, 11:45:53 am »
Just been on Radio 5 that the Russians are about to confirm that visas won't be needed after all.

That was only if you travel on one of the clubs official packages.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline redindian

• Main Stander
  • RAWK Supporter
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2008, 11:48:38 am »
It's just been on Sky news that the Russians have drafted in extra staff for the visa processing, so I don't know where people are getting information from that you will not need a visa. You will definitely need a visa, there's no way that they will waive the visa requirements unless you're on an official club package (where the cost of visa will be in the rip-off price you pay to thomas cook) approx. £50.00 x 50,000. You do the maths.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:50:13 am by redindian »

Offline arae

• Kopite
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2008, 11:51:12 am »

Huge mistake if that's true.
Singing Munich songs is also disrespectful to those who died at Hillsborough. Is that so difficult to understand?

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2008, 11:54:38 am »
If we make it, I'll be watching this one in a pub.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline gballan

• Main Stander
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 11:59:40 am »
If you want another way to get to get to Moscow....

Fly to Talinn (Estonia) or Helsinki (Finland) for around £200, and then rent a car and drive the rest of the way (around 1000kms). It might take you a couple of days, but it would be way cheaper!!

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 11:59:59 am »
Totally agree with the original post.

Would also add the fact that not only do you pay through the nose, you also get treated worse than fucking cattle.

Athens was the last match I went to. It will be the last I ever go to until things change. Certainly wouldnt go to Moscow under any circumstances, especially against Man U - recipe for total fucking disaster that.

I havent spent a single penny on footy since last May-no replica shirts, no tickets, no functions at the ground, nothing. That was a decision I took based on 2 main factors; The "facilities" in Athens, and the way the club treated the ticket allocation last year. Before that, me and my lad went to all the home games, some aways, and most Euro aways. Reckon I've saved the thick end of 7 grand so far this year, based on the games I'd been to by this stage last season.

By a happy coincidence, however, it also means that fuckface Hicks hasnt had a single red cent off me since.

I'll watch the game in the pub tonight, and I hope we win. But do I feel the same as I used to? No. Will it ruin me life if we get beat? No. Used to sulk for weeks over a bad result, but now it doesnt bother me for more than an hour or so.

Its partly due to now being a bit of an arl arse, but mainly the way that money has totally ruined footy for me. Bit of a shame, but the likes of Uefa/Parry/Hicks etc don't give a shite, so neither do I now......

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 12:00:19 pm »

My flight for Istanbul (via dusselodorf) going out day before the match and coming back early morning the following day was £500.

Hotel was £15 for two of us for two nights  ;D (you could see why though).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 12:02:07 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

hoonin

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 12:03:08 pm »
Doesnt surprise me at all. Mentioned this last night when people were worrying about endless kick-offs in Moscow.

People need to get there first and its going to be a logistical nightmare for a lot of Utd fans. Imagine how impossible its going to be for last minute bookers from Liverpool?

I dont really blame the airlines though. They all work on a supply and demand basis and always have.

Offline magpie

• Kopite
  • 96 friends we all shall miss. JFT96.
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 12:04:20 pm »
For those going on an official charter the match ticket will effectively be the visa so those who don't have tickets will still have to get a standard visa to enter the country.
"Ignore the arl witch and sing/shout for justice."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 12:04:56 pm »
Totally agree with the original post.

Would also add the fact that not only do you pay through the nose, you also get treated worse than fucking cattle.

Athens was the last match I went to. It will be the last I ever go to until things change. Certainly wouldnt go to Moscow under any circumstances, especially against Man U - recipe for total fucking disaster that.

I havent spent a single penny on footy since last May-no replica shirts, no tickets, no functions at the ground, nothing. That was a decision I took based on 2 main factors; The "facilities" in Athens, and the way the club treated the ticket allocation last year. Before that, me and my lad went to all the home games, some aways, and most Euro aways. Reckon I've saved the thick end of 7 grand so far this year, based on the games I'd been to by this stage last season.

By a happy coincidence, however, it also means that fuckface Hicks hasnt had a single red cent off me since.

I'll watch the game in the pub tonight, and I hope we win. But do I feel the same as I used to? No. Will it ruin me life if we get beat? No. Used to sulk for weeks over a bad result, but now it doesnt bother me for more than an hour or so.

Its partly due to now being a bit of an arl arse, but mainly the way that money has totally ruined footy for me. Bit of a shame, but the likes of Uefa/Parry/Hicks etc don't give a shite, so neither do I now......

Really sad that its coming to that.
Twitter | Blog

hoonin

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 12:05:07 pm »
My flight for Istanbul (via dusselodorf) going out day before the match and coming back early morning the following day was £500.

Hotel was £15 for two of us for two nights  ;D (you could see why though).

Thats what me and a few others did. We flew out from Frankfurt on the day of the match (I lived 30 mins from Frankfurt airport so it was perfect!) and it cost me about 250 quid. We were lucky as Germany has a large Turkish contingent so flights between there and Turkey were plentiful (thus cheap).

There will be good deals to find though if you look hard. Just dont post deals on here!

Offline Rafa The Gaffer

• Anny Roader
« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 12:20:54 pm »

I had a weeks holiday in Kos, plus internal flights to Athens on the day of the match for a total of £450.

Offline duggs74

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • greatness is a journey not a destination! YNWA
« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 01:59:39 pm »
its about time the government got involved. its price fixing!
thats what we call history!!

Offline Scully

• Clunge Bag
  • Legacy Fan
  • Libpool born and bred.
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 02:49:20 pm »
the finger pointing must be directed towards michel platini who - in his efforts to become UEFA head honcho promised the final to various federations.

go to the uefa website and look at the list of five star stadiums.  All central european, all easy to get to, all marvelous newly built facilities, all cheap to get to except:-

a stadium on a hill somewhere near Istanbul
an ex-olympic athletics stadium
an old soviet army stadium

these grounds got the final because their FAs backed Platini.  That is why the final is farmed out there.

Lets face it if the final was in Germany we'd be all be driving over, stying in other cities and driving in on the day of the match.  Same in Spain, Italy, Holland, France.  Not as easy on the eastern edges of fucking Europe is it!!

Every Trefoil has a story

In the 1980's UK cities saw the terraces full of three stripes as the football 'Casuals' developed an obsession for trainers and styles such as Rom, Forest Hills and Samba.

Offline Scully

• Clunge Bag
  • Legacy Fan
  • Libpool born and bred.
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 02:53:58 pm »
its about time the government got involved. its price fixing!

no it isn't its supply and demand issues.

In the 1980's UK cities saw the terraces full of three stripes as the football 'Casuals' developed an obsession for trainers and styles such as Rom, Forest Hills and Samba.

Offline beebster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 02:55:15 pm »

3 of us went to Athens, stayed on a small island 40 mins from Pireus. Flights, accomodation, tickets, spending money for the week and tour around the acropolis where we bumped into Gary Mac and I don't think we spend much more than £1500 between us.
We fuked moscow off last night when the mancs participation was confirmed. Can't help thinking it's a blessing in disguise.
"Saaaaayyy, that's a lovely accent you have there, New Jersey?"

Offline Scully

• Clunge Bag
  • Legacy Fan
  • Libpool born and bred.
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 02:56:27 pm »

Gaylord has said today that "something" will be announced in the next day or two.

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 11:18:07 pm »
its just sinking in how much money Chelsea FC have put into the mitts of my Mrs,  you all know how much the cost of this ludicrous trip would have been

forgot to add, im fukin gutted

Offline Merv_Man

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34 on: May 1, 2008, 12:26:36 am »
£1000 flight only.
Look at the options. Obviously only a once a yer man.
Helsinki still £191 per person and £67 train return.
Actually worked out cheaper than istanbul and athens.
Got the flights if yer want them????

99.9% of Liverpool fans were right, 100% of Smug Bastards were wrong!

Offline duggs74

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • greatness is a journey not a destination! YNWA
« Reply #35 on: May 1, 2008, 01:44:12 am »
lets hope prises quadrouple now!
thats what we call history!!

Offline all_funkt_up

• ....the valentino of the boards... really knows how to treat a lady.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget. Never Buy the Sun.
    • The Daily Punt
« Reply #36 on: May 1, 2008, 10:15:33 am »
What can u do?  For every fan who gets a ticket to Moscow there will be 10 who would gladly pay that much and more for his place.

No there wont. United didnt even sell out their 21'000 allocation initially and out of "our lads" I'd say it was a 50/50 slit between going/not going. This final is a major turn off this year and had we got there, I could see it gong to all ST / even possibly all FC
Roy. Shut up. Just shut up.

Betting Banter and Stuff

http://thedailypunt.com/forum/

"Zlatan was released by Ajax because of his fucking attitude. Released by Juve cos just not good enough to play alongside Trezeguet.
He won't score or make an assist at