Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 169338 times)

Offline Klippity Klopp

• LFC. For life! Yes! Not just for Kloppmas.....nooo.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #280 on: January 27, 2017, 09:48:57 am »
I'm enjoying it.  We're in the mix for top four and have an outside chance for the title, albeit slim.

We're not the perfect team.  I don't think anyone can expect that, given our resources, the little time Klopp has had in the job really and what he inherited.

But we are on the right track.  Our attack is the best in the league, just lacks some depth.  Our GKs are improving.  We are controlling the majority of games, dominating a lot of them. 

The defence are doing a lot of things right, but that's where we need to improve and I'm hoping with another summer Klopp will be able to do that.

People want a quick fix.  Klopp believes in coaching, improvement as a group.  I think we have seem improvement from plenty of our players since he has arrived, typified by Lallana. 

We've had a few knocks recently.  Due to the expectations Klopp has raised, given we were right up their with Chelsea not so long ago.  Disappointment has arisen.  But take a step back and see we are on the right track.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  Especially when we don't have unlimited funds and Klopp is reluctant to spend unless the player is right for him.

Patience is needed.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2017, 10:53:39 am »
I didn't enjoy Wednesday night one bit, but that's what football's about isn't it? The result is what you go for, you go to see your team put their balls on the line and win, and when they don't you leave absolutely gutted. I'm inconsolable for a few hours when we lose, I fucking hate it, but those are the moments that make it so much sweeter when you win.

I was in Basel, drove 15 fucking hours there and back, and i look back and hate it. I don't even talk about it because it hurts so much that we blew it. But do you know what, the next time we're in a major final I'll be there and when Jurgen and his squad are lifting whatever trophy it is I'll remember how shit I felt in Basel and enjoy it even more.

We're not meant to enjoy it every week, that's not what we signed up for. We're meant to feel shit sometimes and we're meant to feel fucking brilliant at others, and I for one wouldn't want any other team in the land putting me in a shite mood more than this one.
what a post
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2017, 11:29:05 am »
I didn't enjoy Wednesday night one bit, but that's what football's about isn't it? The result is what you go for, you go to see your team put their balls on the line and win, and when they don't you leave absolutely gutted. I'm inconsolable for a few hours when we lose, I fucking hate it, but those are the moments that make it so much sweeter when you win.

I was in Basel, drove 15 fucking hours there and back, and i look back and hate it. I don't even talk about it because it hurts so much that we blew it. But do you know what, the next time we're in a major final I'll be there and when Jurgen and his squad are lifting whatever trophy it is I'll remember how shit I felt in Basel and enjoy it even more.

We're not meant to enjoy it every week, that's not what we signed up for. We're meant to feel shit sometimes and we're meant to feel fucking brilliant at others, and I for one wouldn't want any other team in the land putting me in a shite mood more than this one.

Absobloodylutely! Spot on.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2017, 11:32:13 am »
line from fever pitch, arsenal film or not Colin Firth's quote at the end about Arsenal sums up every football fan

"i still love them and hate them at the same time"

Offline SteveLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #284 on: January 27, 2017, 11:44:09 am »
line from fever pitch, arsenal film or not Colin Firth's quote at the end about Arsenal sums up every football fan

"i still love them and hate them at the same time"

I fucking hate that film!  :no

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: January 27, 2017, 12:02:10 pm »
was waiting on that

sorry

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #286 on: January 27, 2017, 12:44:56 pm »
I'm enjoying it.  We're in the mix for top four and have an outside chance for the title, albeit slim.

We're not the perfect team.  I don't think anyone can expect that, given our resources, the little time Klopp has had in the job really and what he inherited.

But we are on the right track.  Our attack is the best in the league, just lacks some depth.  Our GKs are improving.  We are controlling the majority of games, dominating a lot of them. 

The defence are doing a lot of things right, but that's where we need to improve and I'm hoping with another summer Klopp will be able to do that.

People want a quick fix.  Klopp believes in coaching, improvement as a group.  I think we have seem improvement from plenty of our players since he has arrived, typified by Lallana. 

We've had a few knocks recently.  Due to the expectations Klopp has raised, given we were right up their with Chelsea not so long ago.  Disappointment has arisen.  But take a step back and see we are on the right track.  Rome wasn't built in a day.  Especially when we don't have unlimited funds and Klopp is reluctant to spend unless the player is right for him.

Patience is needed.

Great post. The change that Klopp is bringing about is going to happen over a few seasons and will be lasting, not a short-term fix. Last season was about evaluating what players he had to work with. The Europa and League Cup success were a bonus. 

This season has been about instilling a way of playing and a team culture. The early season success has been beyond what I imagined we would have this early in his process. The fact that teams are using 11 behind the ball tactics against us is evidence of the success of this on-going transformation. It is frustrating to watch, but in a way the fact that even Man U in the League and Southampton in a Cup semi will adopt an extreme tactic more suited to bottom of the table clubs in order to have a hope of a result against us, is a huge compliment to what Klopp is building. And he is not finished.

I am enjoying the ride so far, no matter what the latest result may be.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline red4good

• Main Stander
« Reply #287 on: January 27, 2017, 06:20:32 pm »
Yet amazingly we're still the highest scoring team in the league with 51 goals

How many mid-table teams can you name who've score more than 50 league goals this season?

Actually, I'll make it easier on you. How many mid-table teams can you name who have scored more than 30 league goals this season?

Our strikers are mid-table standard? Of course they are lad ::)

Like im saying its about opinions but read my message properly and  if you want the facts mate are midfielders have been banging are goals in are strikers are nt are first choice attack

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #288 on: January 27, 2017, 06:35:02 pm »

Patience is needed.
In one.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: January 27, 2017, 06:38:59 pm »

Patience is needed.
In the ocean full of drivel that is RAWK these days, that is a cracking post.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: January 27, 2017, 06:39:16 pm »
Was enjoying it, we were looking sensational. I never enjoy us losing and playing shit but you play the long game and try and turn every negative into a positive. If we've been found out lately then we find new ways to overcome that, if players aren't of the standard required we identify players who are. We learn from every set back.

We have the best manager we could possibly have.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 06:40:47 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: January 27, 2017, 06:46:33 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #292 on: January 27, 2017, 07:10:30 pm »
If ever I'm not enjoying it, or ruminating on a defeat or our loss of form (just ask my wife...), I remind myself that we've had a Europa league final, a League cup final, and a League cup semi final in less than 12 months.

It really is worth thinking about that for a moment before criticising Klopp, the players, or the owners. Some clubs and fans haven't even experienced that in their lifetimes, let alone in less than a year. Combine that with the clear progress under Klopp, improved signings, and still being firmly in the top 4 at the end of January and it makes me appreciate what we have and what the future holds, irrespective of our recent results.

Despite falling short in 2009 and 2014, I will never forget the excitement of those seasons, the anticipation for each match, the dreams of winning the title, and the checking of every other result that might affect the final outcome. Those seasons will live long in the memory, and as the pain of missing out on the title fades, my main memories are of what a pleasure it is to support this great club, and how incredible it will be when we finally lift number 19.

Enjoy the journey.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline MaxStafford

• Main Stander
« Reply #293 on: January 28, 2017, 04:48:42 am »
come on you redssssssss

Offline JSteve

• Channelling Baldrick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: January 28, 2017, 06:47:55 am »
I would really love us to win something again. Its going on 5 years since we won something. Even Arsenal has won a cup more recently than us.

Its just been constant heartbreaks the last couple of years. Going so close to the title, reaching semis and finals in the cups and then losing. We were such a brilliant club in the 2000's for our mental toughness in winning cups. We seem to have lost that spark. Hoping Jurgen can bring it back.

We were playing really enjoyable football during the early part of the season. Lets hope it does get better again as we move towards spring.
By the way with us losing to Burnley, Bornemouth and Swansea, this season is giving me proper Deja Vu of us looking like invincibles and then losing to Spurs and Boro of all teams.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 06:51:06 am by JSteve »

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #295 on: January 28, 2017, 07:43:19 am »
I have not enjoyed the last week but hope we all enjoy the rest of the season starting this afternoon.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #296 on: January 28, 2017, 07:49:19 am »

I've never been able to bring myself to watch it.

Offline Reds r coming up the hill

• Main Stander
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2017, 07:09:12 pm »
I've been reading the post match thread but avoiding posting there to avoid doom and gloom.
We are Liverpool, we should start supporting like Liverpool, all the talk of out of towners and tourists is
Deflecting from the reality we all could support the team better. Let's do our best to
Lift the team . But whatever happens let's stick together and get behind this brilliant manager, lift the team, bulldose through the bad decision, believe in ourselves and we will get through this.
If Chelsea are the ones who are going to be on the end of a backlash then no better lift could we get ! Support  believe in the Redmen, put this last week behind, it's gone, only positives from here will
Save our season and I'm looking to beat chelsea to turn the corner.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: February 4, 2017, 04:55:17 pm »
Bump  :-X

Offline SwissV

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: February 4, 2017, 04:59:41 pm »
Destroying my leg & needing to learn how to walk again was more enjoyable than 2017. We are fucking awful since the turn of the year. Like shitter than Everton awful
Origi will be our Lawendowski , quote me

Online Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #300 on: February 4, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »
No, I'm not enjoying it.

Apart from the Chelsea game, I've not enjoyed a matchday since 2016. Even the Plymouth win was shit, 1-0 after 180 mins against some League two accountants, dentists and builders? That's not Liverpool FC.

What the fuck has happened to us?! It makes me sick.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: February 4, 2017, 05:10:34 pm »
Fuck off season

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #302 on: February 4, 2017, 05:11:34 pm »
Enjoying in the sense that if I don't enjoy I will cry.

Offline Binomial

• Anny Roader
  • Live Breath and Sleep LFC
« Reply #303 on: February 4, 2017, 05:21:26 pm »
Didn't enjoy the result as we didn't deserve it.

But I enjoyed the performance.
"He's leaving because he's Guardiola's favourite. If it's anyone's fault, it's mine. I can't make myself shorter and learn Spanish." - Klopp on Gotze to Bayern

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: February 4, 2017, 05:27:59 pm »
Not right now

More worried we're not learning from our mistakes

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #305 on: February 4, 2017, 05:30:07 pm »
Like sticking pins in my eyes ..

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #306 on: February 4, 2017, 05:48:30 pm »
If this is the way we play 2 games a week... then if Liverpool's going to win the title under Klopp, we cannot quality for Uefa next season. Laugh as much as you want but that's how it is cos FSG is not going to suddenly buy a few high quality players to rotate the squad properly. This season was our big chance, we chose instead to make a net profit and make a tiny step with Mane... meaning we solve our problems slowly over a number of windows...

If we were in Uefa this season we'd be in a much bigger mess than we are in now. Top 4 is still within our grasp. Now, I wasn't saying that we shouldn't go for it. Of course we should... I was highlighting the obvious, if we do make Top 4, we will struggle in the league next season. In the EPL you got to have your energy against every team... I knew at the beginning of the season this is why Chelsea would come from a shit team last season to win the league easily this season, why we supposed to compete and why Leicester of all teams won last season...

How to cope? Take the Arsenal route of finishing top 4 and just about managing freefall around end of Feb, when you have just about enough to bow out of UCL and qualify for UCL again barely? That's FSG too.

Or? Take a risk in the market, invest in experience all over the park, not just invest to receive payback, but invest to win the league. That will buy a new legacy. Invest then in wanting top players to come here, means higher wages across the board... would they want this? Knowing that one season of falling out of the UCL means a lot of risk to pay that season... do they love the club enough to dig deep in those pockets for us?

Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline zamagiure

• tujenkins
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: February 4, 2017, 07:43:29 pm »
Enjoying what?
mines a pint

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #308 on: February 4, 2017, 08:24:37 pm »
Enjoying what?

90 Minutes of dry humping the opposition intersected by the inevitable goals conceded
The change is cast

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #309 on: February 4, 2017, 08:41:36 pm »
I doubt anyone is enjoying this. I enjoyed Tuesday night and will probably enjoy next Saturday night but 2017 is shite and it's not enjoyable one bit. That said... this run won't continue and we will get back to winning ways at some point. Once we do that, then I'll be enjoying every single second as I know we still have the quality to get into the top 4 and get some European nights back at Anfield which I'll also enjoy.
I support the club when we lose but it doesn't mean I'm not pissed off with it as well. It's like when your missus upsets you... at the time it's a pain in the arse and you don't want to even acknowledge her existence but you know in the near future, she'll catch your eye and put a smile back on your face reminding you why you fell in love with her in the first place.
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 4, 2017, 09:15:45 pm »
We are in the top four, top four was our aim this season so on that basis, yes I am happy. I'm not happy we lost.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #311 on: February 5, 2017, 03:56:00 am »
I'm 69 next week, and I'm miserable as sin. I've supported LFC since 1964, and the love goes deep.

I honestly wish I could switch off from the gloom I feel after yet another defeat, or draw, or another season of false dawns. In other words I really wish I could fall out of love with my team, because I want not to feel like I've done this past month, and these past so many seasons of frustration and disappointment.

They say it's the hope that kills you. I understand that. It's the constant disappointment that's killing me.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #312 on: February 5, 2017, 05:03:04 am »
At least make it entertaining, lads. If you're gonna be lethargic and not give a shit at least try and do something to give us some excitement. Clothesline the referee, bitch-slap an opposition manager if he is giving lip, taunt the fans. Do something, it's been so fucking dull for weeks.

Offline Greatness

• Spineless and gutless
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: February 5, 2017, 07:21:59 am »
It's been painful viewing so far this year, any enjoyment I had from our play in 2016 has been completely whipped out.

I'm wondering that is this the same season in which we played that scintillating football from August to December, watching that side and the side we have become in 2017 is like watching two completely different teams.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #314 on: February 5, 2017, 07:45:17 am »
Am I fuck enjoying it. The past three weekends have been ruined. I hate football sometimes.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #315 on: February 5, 2017, 07:56:30 am »
Yes weirdly enough I am still enjoying it. While 2017 has been crap as far as results are concerned there is no denying. But I still feel incredibly optimistic for the future. For me it's just part of the journey we are making with Klopp. As he understands more about the Premier League and what he needs to do, it will be fascinating to see how he implements it all. We need more skilfull players to take advantage of all the possession we now create. That will be the next step and that excites me.  :)

As far as this seasons concerned one game at a time. We will get our winning streak back, we are too good not too. For all the bumps in the road that we hit, this is what will make it all the more worthwhile. No team gains success without moments such as these. We will get there and it will be these experiences that will make us stronger.

"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #316 on: February 5, 2017, 09:11:43 am »
I feel more detached from football that I've ever been so our results don't bother me anymore. I do find it somewhat funny that Liverpol do this season after season, it's all become very predictable.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #317 on: February 5, 2017, 11:59:01 am »
Miserable as fuck at the moment but come the weekend I'll be up for it as much as ever. Patience is required with a new manager and we are improving slightly. Expecting a good summer regarding two or three crucial signings. Onwards and upwards.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 5, 2017, 12:19:47 pm »
I'm not enjoying the results very much lately, but I understand that it's not a terminal problem but rather a lack of form as well as tiredness. We've shown signs of great improvement this season, and we will only get better.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 5, 2017, 12:33:25 pm »
the only bit of the arsenal model we never copy is finishing top 4. hopeful for the future tho.
- all in my opinion of course -