Author Topic: James Milner - One man army  (Read 21170 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: James Milner - One man army
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2015, 07:00:07 pm »
People compare Milner and Henderson but Henderson is way better and a massive miss to the team.
I actually want Milner and his fucking shit corners out the team.

Henderson's an excellent box-to-box midfielder. Milner is a utility wide player.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Shaved Crossbar

• shits from the hip
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2015, 07:43:49 pm »
I was initially enthused about his signing but I've had my doubts about him at CM for a few games now. He was beyond awful today.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2015, 07:51:14 pm »
Henderson's an excellent box-to-box midfielder. Milner is a utility wide player.

Where was this excellent player in our last 20 games before he got injured? Henderson is bang average and we really need better players in CM. Milner is a better version of Henderson and will come good. He's had 6 games for us and "fans" are writing him off already. Get a grip.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2015, 07:54:20 pm »
I didn't think he was too bad today. Not sure why he's getting so much stick for today's game.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2015, 07:55:54 pm »
I didn't think he was too bad today. Not sure why he's getting so much stick for today's game.

He was rubbish. Caught in possession. 'Blind' crosses. Shit corners. Failure to pick our runners. He should have been the first CM to be hooked.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2015, 08:00:27 pm »

Because he was woeful today. Which game did you watch?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2015, 08:01:12 pm »

I thought he was decent today to be honest. But the lack of quality around him is showing.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2015, 08:01:43 pm »
I thought he was decent today to be honest. But the lack of quality around him is showing.

You mean his lack of quality?

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2015, 08:02:07 pm »

I was probably distracted.  :D

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2015, 08:02:47 pm »
Somebody else either player or coaching staff could of asked him not to take any free kicks or corners, his touch was horrendous too, needed about five to bring it under control. Odd as he made a promising start to his career

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2015, 08:02:55 pm »

I was probably distracted.  :D

I was commentating, unfortunately got to see him all the time. His first touch was criminal and the less said about his corners the better.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2015, 08:04:39 pm »
You mean his lack of quality?

I suppose but we know what Milner is. He's a great compliment for quality players. You put him in the team a couple seasons ago with Luis, Phil, Danny and Gerrard he'd be brilliant. He was great with the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero etc because his link-up play is very good. With us, he's having to be THE midfielder trying to run the show. And it isn't his game.

It's like having Dirk Kuyt being our main creative outlet.

Agree he's rats at corners. But the same could be said about anyone in our squad.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2015, 08:05:23 pm »
Somebody else either player or coaching staff could of asked him not to take any free kicks or corners, his touch was horrendous too, needed about five to bring it under control. Odd as he made a promising start to his career

It seems to go with the armband for some stupid reason.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2015, 08:12:05 pm »
I thought he was dreadful today. On what I've seen so far I'm genuinely concerned.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2015, 08:14:10 pm »
Henderson is bang average and we really need better players in CM.

Since when did this become a phrase ? Can one be 'bang rubbish' or 'bang brilliant' ? It's bang annoying.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2015, 08:17:08 pm »
Probably Milner's  worst game for us, his corners had a bit of Aspas about them
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2015, 08:19:40 pm »
Probably Milner's  worst game for us, his corners had a bit of Aspas about them
I was about to mention Yago.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2015, 10:24:56 pm »
I suppose but we know what Milner is. He's a great compliment for quality players. You put him in the team a couple seasons ago with Luis, Phil, Danny and Gerrard he'd be brilliant. He was great with the likes of Silva, Toure and Aguero etc because his link-up play is very good. With us, he's having to be THE midfielder trying to run the show. And it isn't his game.

It's like having Dirk Kuyt being our main creative outlet.

Agree he's rats at corners. But the same could be said about anyone in our squad.

He hardly ever played central midfield though. He'd fill a gap on the left or right or occasionally as more of a striker.

It reminds me of when we signed Joe Cole from the champions by giving him a daft wage and promising him his favored position and he came in and didn't do anything. Milner's got more to offer more than Cole but only if he's used the way he was used at City.

He might not have Silva, Yaya and Aguero but Coutinho, Sturridge, Benteke and Firmino are quality players. Milner just has to be used where he's effective.

Offline LFC UNTIL THE MANAGER IS NO LONGER DESERVING OF MY SYMPATHY

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2015, 10:34:17 pm »
Don't worry about his form, it is not like we have given him assurances of starting in centre midfield...

Oh hold on!
@LFC4LIFENET

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2015, 10:38:07 pm »
Don't worry about his form, it is not like we have given him assurances of starting in centre midfield...

Oh hold on!

He isnt fucking Lionel Messi. If he has a sequence of bad games then drop him. We dont have to pander to a player like him.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2015, 10:38:34 pm »
Awful player for the CM role, he just doesn't have the attributes.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: September 20, 2015, 10:41:55 pm »
Awful player for the CM role, he just doesn't have the attributes.

What I don't get is if most fans could see that, and certainly Pellegrini and Mancini, why couldn't Brendan Rodgers? We didn't sign the much needed top drawer CM over the summer because Rodgers put all his faith in Milner.

Offline MrBoywunder

• Kopite
  • They say our days are numbered...
« Reply #182 on: September 20, 2015, 10:44:19 pm »
Jack of all trades, master of none.

With the wages he's on you expect a lot more, still early days but he doesn't seem suited to CM at all, which isn't surprising.

Don't think he waranted being promised a spot in the middle especially when he hadn't played there consistently since his Villa days, which is 5 years ago.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: September 20, 2015, 10:44:24 pm »
I said before we signed them he isn't a very good central midfielder, obviously people on here know more than the likes of pelligrini etc

The guy, in fact most of our central midfielders don't have the ability to control a midfield.

Average player in central midfield and a complete defitinition of utility player.like most of our players. We needed near world class quality to replace stevie and we end up signing Milner on a free.

PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

• Everyone's shit. Especially me...Yeah! LFC for Life. He takes everything up to date and on the chin.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 20, 2015, 10:45:38 pm »
He isnt fucking Lionel Messi. If he has a sequence of bad games then drop him. We dont have to pander to a player like him.

You'd hope we'd do that!

@LFC4LIFENET

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:18 pm »
The guy, in fact most of our central midfielders don't have the ability to control a midfield.

This was always the most bizarre thing about this transfer. Rodgers talks about death by football then wants to play a midfield of Milner and Henderson. There's just no logic

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #186 on: September 20, 2015, 10:50:58 pm »
This was always the most bizarre thing about this transfer. Rodgers talks about death by football then wants to play a midfield of Milner and Henderson. There's just no logic
On top of his sweeper keeper, and then signs Mig.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: September 20, 2015, 10:57:22 pm »
I think he thinks you can control a game just by running around more than the other team.

Henderson and Milner are great in terms of energy, but if we want to become the best and strive for the best we are going to need far more talented players than those two. And let's be honest we have needed higher quality midfielders since Alonso and masch left.

Allen contributes fuck all both  in terms of goals, assists and defensive work.

Lucas is on a downward spiral, our only defensive midfielder but can be improved upon.

Henderson and Milner are work horses that cant control a game to save there lives.

Can is young and isn't ready yet, rodgers also keeps playing him out of position.

Anyway point is, our players in midfield are average therefore we should expect average performances
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #188 on: September 20, 2015, 11:01:52 pm »
Yet another underwhelming signing. Seems par for us right now.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: September 20, 2015, 11:02:13 pm »
Henderson and Milner are great in terms of energy, but if we want to become the best and strive for the best we are going to need far more talented players than those two. And let's be honest we have needed higher quality midfielders since Alonso and masch left.

Henderson knows when to press and when to hold his position.  His use of the ball is brilliant.  He gets goals, assists - he's very dominant in CM.

I think he's street ahead of Milner in CM, so I wouldn't lump Henderson in with Milner when talking about both players.

I also think Henderson is easily good enough, but what we need is the right partner for him.  Alonso and Henderson would have been a brilliant partnership.
@LFC4LIFENET

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #190 on: September 20, 2015, 11:04:24 pm »
Our team needed at least 2 centre mids in the summer. Mind boggling we were just happy with Milner who hadn't played in that position for a few years now and looks out his comfort zone to be honest. The guy just doesn't have the attributes to play there. His range of passing is poor, so is his touch. Only good thing is his energy even then he just runs around like a headless chicken. Should just stick him out wide and let him do what he does best which is making smart runs in behind and playing little one twos

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 20, 2015, 11:04:37 pm »

Oh hold on!

;D

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 20, 2015, 11:10:42 pm »

Rodgers isn't very good at spotting a good player, it's as simple as that
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 20, 2015, 11:51:37 pm »
He hardly ever played central midfield though. He'd fill a gap on the left or right or occasionally as more of a striker.

It reminds me of when we signed Joe Cole from the champions by giving him a daft wage and promising him his favored position and he came in and didn't do anything. Milner's got more to offer more than Cole but only if he's used the way he was used at City.

He might not have Silva, Yaya and Aguero but Coutinho, Sturridge, Benteke and Firmino are quality players. Milner just has to be used where he's effective.

That's exactly what I'm saying. He's being used as our main central midfielder because we haven't got anyone else. He was a good player to bring in, but he's been brought in for the wrong reasons.

You put him at the side of the diamond with that 2013-14 team, he'd probably bring even more to the team that Henderson did that season, and Hendo was superb that season. They are both similar in many ways. Both great at providing the link between the quality players up front and in midfield.

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #194 on: September 21, 2015, 12:19:06 am »
I was about to mention Yago.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5KMq70_nNL0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5KMq70_nNL0</a>
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #195 on: September 21, 2015, 12:27:16 am »
And this is why you cannot have nice things.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: September 21, 2015, 12:39:54 am »
Jack of all trades, master of none.
SP was too polite, this is the kind of shit that ruins a discussion about a player. I know we need another CM badly but JM has done beyond what's been asked of him. And more to the point, what is being asked of him?