Author Topic: Paris  (Read 184597 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Paris
« Reply #1880 on: October 3, 2022, 06:58:18 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1881 on: October 13, 2022, 05:37:22 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001d84s

Panorama
The Champions League Final: What Went Wrong?

Journalist Layla Wright investigates events as they unfolded at the 2022 UEFA Champions League final in Paris between Liverpool and Real Madrid to try to understand what went wrong.

Offline Johnny Aldridge

• Kopite
  • Red & White Crown Paints Kop
« Reply #1882 on: October 13, 2022, 07:44:46 pm »
I seem to remember footage of a fan being tear gassed inside the perimeter after his ticket failed to scan

That clip speaks volumes, when I saw it in the day or two after the game you knew how fucked the situation was. Innocent guy scanning his ticket, gets sprayed for no reason and he has no reaction, just keeps moving into the stadium. The supporters reaction tells me it was worse beforehand and after being crushed outside a bit of teargas in the face ain’t a big deal. That supporter is just in shock mode.
For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side.
Bill Shankly 1913-1981.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1883 on: October 13, 2022, 08:39:21 pm »

Panorama

Journalist Layla Wright investigates events as they unfolded at the 2022 UEFA Champions League final in Paris between Liverpool and Real Madrid to try to understand what went wrong.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: October 13, 2022, 09:20:06 pm »
Yep, thanks for the heads up and please bump it on Monday for anyone who has missed it.

I said from the very next day I wasn't affected anything like others where, but just seeing that programme billing kinda choked me. It was fucking awful.

Ta.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1885 on: October 13, 2022, 10:53:23 pm »

Panorama

This needs publicising throughout the fan base.

Offline Reds r coming up the hill

• Main Stander
« Reply #1886 on: October 15, 2022, 04:44:04 pm »
Yes fans safety has to be the main concern, needs to be drummed into authorities until they do something .. no lessons learned from previous events just moronic from those with the power to protect fans .

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1887 on: October 15, 2022, 05:18:12 pm »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1888 on: October 16, 2022, 12:59:04 pm »
This is the independent report which Rod Draper did on what happened in Paris. They have sent the report to UEFA's official enquiry, but you can read it here.

https://pdfhost.io/v/7f8fY0IN8_LiverpoolDossierNEW
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1889 on: October 17, 2022, 12:57:28 pm »

'Uefa's organisation of Champions League final a failure, panel finds':-

Experts told BBC Panorama that fans' calm response was the main reason why overcrowding outside the stadium had not resulted in fatalities.

Prof Scraton said there had been serious failings by the event's organisers Uefa, adding that the organisation had the "overarching responsibility to get it right [and to] care for those people who are putting their hands in their pockets and coming into those matches".

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-63277380

Prof Phil Scraton's 'Paris Independent Panel Report' thread on RAWK (with link to the Panel Report): www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=353163.0

« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 12:59:52 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: October 17, 2022, 02:55:47 pm »
BBC Panorama doing a piece on it tonight at 8pm. Should be interesting.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1891 on: October 18, 2022, 02:00:38 pm »

If anyone missed the Panorama program 'The Champions League Final: What Went Wrong?' tonight, it can be viewed here:-

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001d84s/panorama-the-champions-league-final-what-went-wrong

or here - www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001d84s

For anyone outside the UK / or not great with VPNs... it can be seen here - www.soccercatch.com/shows/862826809/the-champions-league-final---what-went-wrong

A few words from Dan Austin...

'What I hope people took from #bbcpanorama tonight is that the authorities treat football fans like animals.

When their tactics fail they lie and shift blame. Fans of all teams will continue to be treated with disdain and violence by those in power if they are not held accountable.

Supporters have been unequivocally exonerated by the French senate report. No fan of Liverpool or Real Madrid was to blame for the fiasco #bbcpanorama.

UEFA and the French state cannot be trusted to organise major sporting events as things stand. People are not safe in their care.

What's more, the film makes exceptionally clear that people would have died had fans not behaved so well and helped one another in the face of state-sanctioned violence from the French authorities.

I hope everyone who went to the match knows that and takes pride/comfort in it.'

^ https://twitter.com/_Dan_Austin/status/1582092612441231360
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: October 18, 2022, 02:22:45 pm »
If anyone missed the Panorama program 'The Champions League Final: What Went Wrong?' tonight, it can be viewed here:-

www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001d84s/panorama-the-champions-league-final-what-went-wrong

For anyone outside the UK / or not great with VPNs... it can be seen here - www.soccercatch.com/shows/862826809/the-champions-league-final---what-went-wrong

'What I hope people took from #bbcpanorama tonight is that the authorities treat football fans like animals.

When their tactics fail they lie and shift blame. Fans of all teams will continue to be treated with disdain and violence by those in power if they are not held accountable.

Supporters have been unequivocally exonerated by the French senate report. No fan of Liverpool or Real Madrid was to blame for the fiasco #bbcpanorama.

UEFA and the French state cannot be trusted to organise major sporting events as things stand. People are not safe in their care.

What's more, the film makes exceptionally clear that people would have died had fans not behaved so well and helped one another in the face of state-sanctioned violence from the French authorities.

I hope everyone who went to the match knows that and takes pride/comfort in it.'

There have to be lawsuits in the works against UEFA and the French Police - right?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1893 on: October 18, 2022, 02:42:50 pm »
There have to be lawsuits in the works against UEFA and the French Police - right?

Yes there are.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/sep/23/liverpool-fans-1700-legal-action-uefa-paris-champions-league-final

More than 1,700 Liverpool supporters who have reported that they suffered physical injuries or psychological trauma because of the chaos at the Champions League final in Paris on 28 May have registered with law firms to make claims for damages against Uefa.

People signing up for the potential group claims include some who reported that they sustained broken ribs in crushes at the Stade de France before the match between Liverpool and Real Madrid, and many more reporting symptoms of anxiety and post-traumatic stress disorder.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1894 on: October 18, 2022, 04:55:23 pm »
Good documentary. Obviously there was a lot missing as its only half an hour but it's good to keep this in the public eye else it gets forgotten about especially when you have disgusting fans throwing around insults.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #1895 on: October 18, 2022, 09:22:11 pm »
Bloody hell, just watched it, terrifying for all involved.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #1896 on: October 19, 2022, 11:18:00 am »
The emotions of Jason McAteer tell a story in themselves. The overall feedback of whole event (before and after) plays back as a haunting near death assault and horrorific experience. Hard to process or find words. Especially with the context our history. More heartbreaking to see innocent families and especially kids in the middle of it.
Anger, disbelief and sadness.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1897 on: October 19, 2022, 12:02:06 pm »
Anyone know where I can watch that with an overseas IP address?

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1898 on: October 19, 2022, 12:55:50 pm »
Anyone know where I can watch that with an overseas IP address?
The link oojason posted above still seems to be working.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #1899 on: October 19, 2022, 01:26:24 pm »
Ah apologies missed that one!! Thanks oojason for your work as always!!  :thumbup

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1900 on: October 27, 2022, 12:58:02 am »

^ no worries mate - more chance of it being seen if more of us post it ;D

'Heard loads of positive things from travelling #LFC fans about the stewarding and policing tonight. Great atmosphere around the city all day.
Exactly what a European away should be like. Amazing what happens when you treat people with respect.
Paris take note.'

^ from https://twitter.com/jamespearcelfc/status/1585410546475700225

and also...

'Due to the exemplary behaviour of both sets of supporters the decision was made not to holdback the Liverpool supporters. Credit to you both.
@LFCHELP @SPIRITOFSHANKLY'

^ from https://twitter.com/MerPolLFC/status/1585381633351360512

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #1901 on: October 27, 2022, 01:08:11 am »

'Heard loads of positive things from travelling #LFC fans about the stewarding and policing tonight. Great atmosphere around the city all day.
Exactly what a European away should be like. Amazing what happens when you treat people with respect.
Paris take note.'

and also...

'Due to the exemplary behaviour of both sets of supporters the decision was made not to holdback the Liverpool supporters. Credit to you both.

That is great to hear and exactly how it should be. Thanks for posting.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PhilScraton

• Love and affection.....on the buses :) aka Fill Scratton.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Main Stander
Paris Podcast
« Reply #1902 on: October 29, 2022, 02:34:03 am »
https://lawpod.org/podcast/treated-with-contempt/

For this episode, Professor Phil Scraton & Dr Deena Haydon are interviewed by Criminologist, Dr Gillian McNaull, about their part in the Independent Panel Report into Fans’ Experiences at the 2022 European Champions League Final.

Outlining the finding from the report, they reflect on the stories of those who survived extreme violence at the hands of the police and local gangs before and after the game in Paris in May 2022.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2022, 01:35:04 pm by PhilScraton »
'Freedom is always and exclusively freedom for those who think differently' Rosa Luxemburg

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: October 29, 2022, 08:59:38 am »

Paris take note.'

and also...

Typical Twitter arsehole comments on it from uneducated dickheads. 

I fucking hate the human race 😡

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: October 29, 2022, 10:07:14 am »
Typical Twitter arsehole comments on it from uneducated dickheads. 

I fucking hate the human race 😡

And that’s why I don’t do Twitter.

Online reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: October 29, 2022, 11:10:08 am »
And that’s why I don’t do Twitter.

Me neither mate but unfortunately most of the links posted on the forum are from Twitter so it's hard not to see them 🤷

Offline Reds r coming up the hill

• Main Stander
Re: Paris Podcast
« Reply #1906 on: October 29, 2022, 12:15:43 pm »
Thanks for posting the link I’ll be sure to listen …

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1907 on: November 21, 2022, 03:49:48 pm »
Is that UEFA report coming any time soon?
I'm dying to read some fiction.

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1908 on: November 21, 2022, 04:01:40 pm »
Is that UEFA report coming any time soon?
I'm dying to read some fiction.

It is meant to be in November mate... though they are probably waiting for FIFA to really fuck up the World Cup some more, before releasing it on the quiet.

Despite FIFA's many embarrassments so far (we're only on Day 2)... even UEFA know there is far more to shithousery from FIFA to come ;)

Edit: 'Report into UEFA's 'failure' at Paris final disaster due this month' - www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/report-uefas-failure-paris-final-25533219

« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 02:38:01 pm by oojason »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1909 on: November 21, 2022, 07:03:44 pm »
I wasn't there. But I'm starting to realise that these events - just watching it unfold on social media and TV, the initial reaction to it, accounts from friends - were definitely the nail in the coffin for me and a life of football. Social media, money and covid had me on the ropes, but this definitely finished me off. Hearts not in it anymore. I'm more interested in watching a stand being welded together.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: November 21, 2022, 07:45:30 pm »
It is meant to be in November mate... though they are probably waiting for FIFA to really fuck up the World Cup some more, before releasing it on the quiet.

Despite FIFA's many embarrassments so far (we're only on Day 2)... even UEFA know there is far more to shithousery from FIFA to come ;)

A good day to bury bad news?

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1911 on: November 21, 2022, 09:22:21 pm »
FIFA UEFA There is t much between them when it comes to ignorance and governance. They are like two despot regimes. I will be honest I’m more or less done with it all. Football really isn’t what it was.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1912 on: November 22, 2022, 04:25:49 pm »

Speaking honestly, I don't want to watch that or remember anything about it so skipped watching it, but reading that I feel I have to as I think it will give me some closure.

What I hate about saying that, is that this was not Hillsborough and I feel I have no right to be as aggrieved as I am, because I came home unscathed and no-one was killed. Also, some people I talked to in the queue at turnstile A during all this going on and indeed afterwards were there and I am not even fit to breathe their air, let alone feel wronged. Even putting this on here takes some doing for that very reason as I feel I'm being massively overdramatic, but I cannot help but remember how absolutely petrified I was that day worrying about whether my mate and his lad was OK at Turnstile Z (I swapped my ticket with them to make sure they sat together - I still shudder to think that they could have been hurt, especially as I had badgered them into going) and whether or not anything terrible was going to happen to those around me. Those feelings will never leave me.

Incidentally, to show that this is not just about football and how the French authorities are unable to be trusted, on the Sunday I went to the Parc De Prince and wandered around there to kill some time before coming back. I got talking to a middle-aged American couple who were there for the French Open at Roland Garros and was appalled to hear that they said there had been armed muggings there and the police done nothing about it - in fact they said the French Police were conspicuously absent. Hindsight says that it should never have been played there with two major global sporting events running at the same time, but even so, they had plenty of time to prepare so should have carried it off, but they are utterly incapable

Had huge plans to go to the Rugby World Cup next year and the Olympics in 2024, but I will be fucked if I will set foot in that place again, but there is nothing to say anything other than the whole thing will be a total shitshow.

Again, sorry guys one and all for putting my ramblings here, but I've not talked about it to anyone since I posted in the aftermath and hearing this was coming up just brought back a whole lot of things that I've suppresed. Hope by watching the re-run, it will allow me to realise how lucky I was and put this to bed as best I can.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #1913 on: November 22, 2022, 11:20:07 pm »
Thanks for sharing.

I travelled into and through central Paris very recently and stopped at a few places here and there, and the place is a shit-hole. Just look around the metro and outside various stations (even big ones) and there is an uneasy feel and people eyeing you up. It's not my paranoia - fuck Paris.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #1914 on: November 28, 2022, 05:50:48 pm »
Paris Olympics tickets go on sale this week...far be it for me to suggest that UEFAs report that should have come out last week was held back under pressure from the Olympic Committee  to avoid bad publicity for French Organisation / Authorities at the same time....

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1915 on: November 28, 2022, 06:00:28 pm »
Paris Olympics tickets go on sale this week...far be it for me to suggest that UEFAs report that should have come out last week was held back under pressure from the Olympic Committee  to avoid bad publicity for French Organisation / Authorities at the same time....

Makes sense. I thought they were waiting for the day of a big England game or something to bury it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #1916 on: December 1, 2022, 10:59:08 am »
The Olympics is going to be a shitshow. As will the RWC. That said, you'll probably never hear the worst of it, as they will inevitably cover it all up.

The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1917 on: December 1, 2022, 05:38:42 pm »

'UEFA said it was aiming to publish the independent report into the disastrous events at the Champions League Final by November. This deadline has now passed, and fans are still waiting for answers':-

https://twitter.com/LeighDay_Law/status/1598364983536111617 - Leigh Day solicitors.

www.leighday.co.uk/latest-updates/blog/2022-blogs/never-again-will-i-entrust-my-safety-to-uefa-first-hand-account-of-the-2022-champions-league-final/

No word from UEFA on why the report is delayed / missed the November publishing date / a reason why no update has been given by them?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: December 4, 2022, 08:35:02 am »
It's a cert it's about timing.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was released tomorrow morning when the papers are full of either positive or negative England headlines. If not tomorrow, sometime in the later stages of the WC.
But it will be about timing.

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1919 on: December 15, 2022, 02:14:48 pm »

Still no report ? What a shocker !
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.