Author Topic: PL: Burnley 0 v 1 Liverpool Fabinho 40’  (Read 19347 times)

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Burnley 0 v 1 Liverpool Fabinho 40’
« Reply #280 on: February 13, 2022, 05:40:41 pm »
They're not even a patch on Burnley teams of the last 5 seasons

You don't have Andy Lochhead as an inspiration and expect to play good football, he's forever in their DNA.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #281 on: February 13, 2022, 05:40:44 pm »
Burnley boss Sean Dyche, speaking to Sky Sports: "That is the story of the season. We have chances but are not taking them.

"We looked a threat with some nearly moments. There is not a lot I can fault with that performance."

This is nonsense

Why? Because their only real chances would have been given offside with VAR.  their other chances were ruled offside on normal play. 

What’s astonishing is how mangers like Dyche think chances where they are offside are reall chances and they’ve been unlucky. They haven’t been.

It’s a clear and deliberate game plan from us which worked.

So, to the posters who said Alisson was MOTM? I disagree because his saves wouldn’t have mattered anyway. Which leaves Fabinho who was immense
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #282 on: February 13, 2022, 05:41:25 pm »
Travelling Kop sounded good on my stream.

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #283 on: February 13, 2022, 05:42:37 pm »
Tough game. Beautiful 3 points.

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 13, 2022, 05:43:13 pm »
Never felt like they were going to score, even though they had a few chances, they are bottom for a reason

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: February 13, 2022, 05:43:20 pm »
I'm just glad that's over and done with,fucking hate Burnley.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #286 on: February 13, 2022, 05:46:55 pm »
Imagine watching that each week.

Horrific side.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: February 13, 2022, 05:50:30 pm »
This is nonsense

Why? Because their only real chances would have been given offside with VAR.  their other chances were ruled offside on normal play. 

What’s astonishing is how mangers like Dyche think chances where they are offside are reall chances and they’ve been unlucky. They haven’t been.

So, to the posters who said Alisson was MOTM? I disagree because his saves wouldn’t have mattered anyway. Which leaves Fabinho who was immense

True on the 'chances'. Against Leicester the pundit commentating after a Leicester attack was called offside criticised TAA for being behind Matip and VDD by a foot or so calling it "poor play by the defence" even though he had played the attacker offside. It's as though letting the attacker run offside aided by the non flagging linesman is slack defending. If the linesmen raised their flags as they used to none of these so called 'chances' would occur. Still it looks good on the million replays.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 13, 2022, 05:50:43 pm »
XG 0.86 vs 2.04. (Don’t forget their best chances would have been called offside by VAR)

Burnley got lucky
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #289 on: February 13, 2022, 05:53:46 pm »
1-0 away wins are how you grind out titles

And let's face it. Morally, we are champions

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 13, 2022, 05:56:35 pm »

;D
W

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: February 13, 2022, 05:59:40 pm »
Burnley nearly always give you a tough game. We outplayed and were much better than them, some games you only win 1-0.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #292 on: February 13, 2022, 06:02:58 pm »
This is nonsense

I saw a game on tv within the last week (don't remember who it was), two forwards strayed into an offside position and 'scored' while the defence held their line and their nerve. The commentator says, "Terrible play by the forwards there, and by the defence to be honest".
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #293 on: February 13, 2022, 06:03:28 pm »
XG 0.86 vs 2.04. (Don’t forget their best chances would have been called offside by VAR)

Burnley got lucky

Can’t say i disagree but they did have 4/5 shots on target and could have easily scored 2 today , it was you would expect on the wind and rain seat to Burnley.
I’d have given Ali Fabinho then Matip the top marks today in that order
The best side won .

Personally and I get why we started the midfield 3 but a Thiago or a Elliott was missing but I’d have done the same and protected them
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 06:05:55 pm by rocco »

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #294 on: February 13, 2022, 06:04:27 pm »
We might very well be the unluckiest league squad going for a title. This is league winning form Amd points so far

City are on like 15 from 16 wins. And the other was a draw

You can’t possibly expect to compete with that year in and out without being financially doped like they are
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: February 13, 2022, 06:04:35 pm »
Reminded me a bit of Sheffield United away in the league winning season, Scruffy goal, horrendous weather and a not particularly great performance. Great result though.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #296 on: February 13, 2022, 06:04:51 pm »
This is nonsense

Agree that Fabinho was MOTM, but it doesn't take away from Ali, does it? In fact it shows that, a player can be offside and through, and still Alisson will give you nothing.

But yes, been a few times where managers are mentioning offside chances, the late flag is a bit of a meaningless thing going on. If you think it's offside, put up the flag, the ref can hold the whistle, the players may play on, and be checked by VAR if they score? But, they need to do away with this late flag thing

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: February 13, 2022, 06:05:29 pm »
Fab adding goals to his already top-notch game. Beast.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #298 on: February 13, 2022, 06:07:12 pm »
Can’t say i disagree but they did have 4/5 shots on target and could have easily scored 2 today , it was you would expect on the wind and rain seat to Burnley.
I’d have given Ali Fabinho then Matip the top marks today in that order
The best side won .

Personally and I get why we started the midfield 3 but a Thiago or a Elliott was missing but I’d have done the same and protected them

Could've easily scored 2? No, not having that. They gave it their all, and scored zilch. One of their chances was on the back of a penalty not given to Salah and many of their other chances were offsides.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: February 13, 2022, 06:08:25 pm »
I think their only real non-offside chance was that counter attack after Salah got fouled?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #300 on: February 13, 2022, 06:09:40 pm »
Could've easily scored 2? No, not having that. They gave it their all, and scored zilch. One of their chances was on the back of a penalty not given to Salah and many of their other chances were offsides.

But it wasn’t a peno

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: February 13, 2022, 06:11:18 pm »
The chances they had seemed to be when they beat our press, or got it up the pitch quickly, and exposed the high line. It’s something that we’ve been punished for in the past but Burnley lack the quality. I’ll take that win any day and twice on Sunday.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #302 on: February 13, 2022, 06:12:10 pm »
I saw a game on tv within the last week (don't remember who it was), two forwards strayed into an offside position and 'scored' while the defence held their line and their nerve. The commentator says, "Terrible play by the forwards there, and by the defence to be honest".

It was the effusive but clueless Jonathan Pearce, and no credit was given to the well drilled defence for holding a really disciplined line. Of all the commentators, he is the one who on replays being shown, has to backtrack the most.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: February 13, 2022, 06:19:03 pm »
This is nonsense

Aldo made the same point.

My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #304 on: February 13, 2022, 06:20:18 pm »
We play a high-line offside trap. Once you get your head round this Burnley did absolutely fuck all.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #305 on: February 13, 2022, 06:21:20 pm »
I think their only real non-offside chance was that counter attack after Salah got fouled?

Think so.. But Rocco says it wasn't a pen. Shame that..

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: February 13, 2022, 06:24:18 pm »
We play a high-line offside trap. Once you get your head round this Burnley did absolutely fuck all.

And we're the best in the world at it.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #307 on: February 13, 2022, 06:26:06 pm »
Yeah, the Lino’s late flag is a godsend to tv commentators and motd editors.

It creates exciting moments for the tv audience when it’s obvious that the attacker is offside.

Right now they will be editing our game to show how Burnley almost scored 3 or 4 goals. Substitute your own narrative!

The late flag rule may eventually be reviewed when one of the current England team get crocked going through on goal which is later flagged offside. Just before the World Cup maybe.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #308 on: February 13, 2022, 06:28:24 pm »
We might very well be the unluckiest league squad going for a title. This is league winning form Amd points so far

City are on like 15 from 16 wins. And the other was a draw

You can’t possibly expect to compete with that year in and out without being financially doped like they are
I think our PPG puts us at 86 points or thereabouts which probably wins it or brings it to the final week or two against non cheats. Remember, we got 97 points, lost once and didnt get the title. That's how it is now, and not a peep from the UK media.

Yeah, the Lino’s late flag is a godsend to tv commentators and motd editors.

It creates exciting moments for the tv audience when it’s obvious that the attacker is offside.

Right now they will be editing our game to show how Burnley almost scored 3 or 4 goals. Substitute your own narrative!

The late flag rule may eventually be reviewed when one of the current England team get crocked going through on goal which is later flagged offside. Just before the World Cup maybe.
I no longer watch MOTD but that's almost certainly what will happen tonight with twats like Jenas saying burnley could have scored 5 or something  ::)

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #309 on: February 13, 2022, 06:29:41 pm »
I think our PPG puts us at 86 points or thereabouts which probably wins it or brings it to the final week or two against non cheats. Remember, we got 97 points, lost once and didnt get the title. That's how it is now, and not a peep from the UK media.
I no longer watch MOTD but that's almost certainly what will happen tonight with twats like Jenas saying burnley could have scored 5 or something  ::)

It is what it is.

Lets keep winning.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 13, 2022, 06:34:50 pm »
There’s an interview with Fabinho going around social media where they ask him if he’s happy that Burnley had loads of chances.

He screws his face up and says “did they”? 

He’s right of course.
W

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2022, 06:37:29 pm »
Good performance and great 3 points.

Think it was always in control - it never felt like one of those games where we were lucky to get out with a win. Hard place to go, always is, so take the points, get out and get ready for midweek.

One game at a time!

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2022, 06:45:34 pm »
We had them completely under control. Very comfortable 1-0 win.

To be fair, we did struggle against all those offside chances.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2022, 06:47:58 pm »
I was delighted with that game. Kept it professional, did just as much as we needed to win, and came away with the three points. Onwards and upwards.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2022, 06:50:45 pm »
Agree that Fabinho was MOTM, but it doesn't take away from Ali, does it? In fact it shows that, a player can be offside and through, and still Alisson will give you nothing.

But yes, been a few times where managers are mentioning offside chances, the late flag is a bit of a meaningless thing going on. If you think it's offside, put up the flag, the ref can hold the whistle, the players may play on, and be checked by VAR if they score? But, they need to do away with this late flag thing

Thanks to the stupid decision to continue playing when it's clearly offside Alisson has no option but to make the save. Some of the decisions today where beyond crazy, also some of our moves were getting earlier flags than a lot of the Burnley attacks were doing. What was that about?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2022, 06:58:25 pm »

Yep. We are 13 points clear at the top of the Non-sportswash PL table.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #316 on: February 13, 2022, 07:01:21 pm »
Yep. We are 13 points clear at the top of the Non-sportswash PL table.

With a game in hand!
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: February 13, 2022, 07:02:48 pm »
Is this thread safe? I accidentally ventured into a couple of slate the individual threads earlier, what a pile of cack. Burnley are crap but there’s a reason they’ve lost less games than Villa and a few other above them in the table. Away to them in that weather? 1-0 and no injuries is a tidy result

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 13, 2022, 07:03:04 pm »
Love Fab’s big beautiful beaming smile when he scores. He just loves it.

Offline vblfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 13, 2022, 07:11:24 pm »
If Burnley had sneaked a goal it would have made for a miserable Sunday evening.
But they didn’t, so it isn’t 😁.
Happy days. It’s all good.