Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1521080 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9240 on: September 13, 2021, 12:49:38 pm »
Nothing wrong with a toot in the right circumstances.

Celebrating beak-cause of Mo's goal, most probably...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9241 on: September 13, 2021, 12:52:14 pm »
A lot of the Leeds fans are vile, it’s a shame that a handful of ours responded with uncalled for gestures towards them, but it’s the actions of our handful of idiotic fans that seem to be doing the rounds on social media, not the 1000’s of Leeds who were singing sick chants. Vile fan base, can’t wait for them to end back up in the championship where they belong.

agree. we can't do anything about Leeds' behaviour beyond complain if appropriate but we should be checking our own fans. not right at all to be whipping out your phone to show the a Turkish flag. c*nt behaviour.

our fans are always going to be under the microscope, as are Man United's fans often too. it's unavoidable with the size of club and the clicks it brings in if reported. doesn't mean it's right, but I think the biggest clubs are expected to act better.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 12:57:56 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9242 on: September 13, 2021, 12:55:01 pm »
heard Leeds fans were awful yesterday especially when Elliott went off

Fella i know was there, said he openly seen some of our support doing coke in the toilets at half time. I have seen it before myself so unfortunately I wasnt too surprised.

it's not that uncommon, but as long as people aren't arses who really cares. met some Scouse kid in Madrid the day before the CL final who was somehow selling coke in the plaza in sizeable quantities.  ;D
YNWA.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9243 on: September 13, 2021, 01:33:06 pm »
agree. we can't do anything about Leeds' behaviour beyond complain if appropriate but we should be checking our own fans. not right at all to be whipping out your phone to show the a Turkish flag.

our fans are always going to be under the microscope, as are Man United's fans often too. it's unavoidable with the size of club and the clicks it brings in if reported. doesn't mean it's right, but I think the biggest clubs are expected to act better.

I'm not making excuses. But they'd been singing all kinds, then turned it up a notch with "96 was not enough". I couldn't understand them to be honest and was told later. But I knew from the reaction by our fans it was something along those lines.

There was an arl fella in front of me, fuming, trying to climb up onto some ledge. He had tears in his eyes. It wouldn't surprise me if I find out he was from one of the families. Anyway, at one point it seemed like he was going to get thrown out by the stewards, so you can then imagine the reaction to that, by some of our other fans.

Some people didn't know what to do, and responded with a Galatasaray chant. Leeds fans were visibly shaken (some I suspect was all part of the show). But then someone behind me shouted something along the lines of, "See, you don't fuking like it do you?".

I refrained from the chant but it was one of those times where you feel you need to do something, but you don't know what to do.

Thousands of them singing "96 is not enough" (or so I was told, that was the chant a bit later - I couldn't understand the sheep shaggers). Police, stewards in their end behind the goal did fck all.

No excuse for responding with something just as bad, but just to add a bit of context.

We then followed that up with "Yorkshire Police, murders". Leeds replied with "Yorkshire, Yorkshire" chant, as though they were proud of them.

Not an excuse, but some of our younger lads wouldn't have experiened an atmosphere like that before.

And you can't realistically expect people to check what's on people's mobile phone, when hundreds are filming the potential agro  ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 01:42:58 pm by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9244 on: September 13, 2021, 01:42:25 pm »
heard Leeds fans were awful yesterday especially when Elliott went off

Fella i know was there, said he openly seen some of our support doing coke in the toilets at half time. I have seen it before myself so unfortunately I wasnt too surprised.

Why would anyone care about others doing a bit of powder,it's not harming anyone else.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9245 on: September 13, 2021, 01:43:58 pm »
Why would anyone care about others doing a bit of powder,it's not harming anyone else.

And it's not unusual. Id be hard pressed to think of an away match where I haven't seen someone doing a bit of lemo  ;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #9246 on: September 13, 2021, 02:03:44 pm »
I wouldnt like to see it personally

It was his kids first away game and he was with him at time, he reckons the kid didnt see it but i think the fact the kid could have probably annoyed him
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #9247 on: September 13, 2021, 02:08:40 pm »

Happens all the time at Anfield at half time in the bogs, personally doesn't bother me as they're not harming anyone, but can understand that people wouldn't want kids to see it.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9248 on: September 13, 2021, 02:24:33 pm »
I'm not making excuses. But they'd been singing all kinds, then turned it up a notch with "96 was not enough". I couldn't understand them to be honest and was told later. But I knew from the reaction by our fans it was something along those lines.

There was an arl fella in front of me, fuming, trying to climb up onto some ledge. He had tears in his eyes. It wouldn't surprise me if I find out he was from one of the families. Anyway, at one point it seemed like he was going to get thrown out by the stewards, so you can then imagine the reaction to that, by some of our other fans.

Some people didn't know what to do, and responded with a Galatasaray chant. Leeds fans were visibly shaken (some I suspect was all part of the show). But then someone behind me shouted something along the lines of, "See, you don't fuking like it do you?".

I refrained from the chant but it was one of those times where you feel you need to do something, but you don't know what to do.

Thousands of them singing "96 is not enough" (or so I was told, that was the chant a bit later - I couldn't understand the sheep shaggers). Police, stewards in their end behind the goal did fck all.

No excuse for responding with something just as bad, but just to add a bit of context.

We then followed that up with "Yorkshire Police, murders". Leeds replied with "Yorkshire, Yorkshire" chant, as though they were proud of them.

Not an excuse, but some of our younger lads wouldn't have experiened an atmosphere like that before.

And you can't realistically expect people to check what's on people's mobile phone, when hundreds are filming the potential agro  ;D

there is a lot of hurt, anger, and anguish in our fanbase around Hillsborough and unfortunately, some rival fans know it 'grinds' us the wrong way. the same way some of our fans know Munich chants, for example, would get a reaction from United fans. it just doesn't sit right that people en masse use that anger to go back with more vile shite. we as a fanbase of all should know how much it hurts.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 02:26:20 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9249 on: September 13, 2021, 02:53:47 pm »
There was a fella, probably in his 30s with a bright orange coat on, making pushing gestures for the whole of the match. I heard it had kicked off outside, when I was still in. I was thinking to myself that if you're going to make pushing gestures for 90 minutes, it's probably best to not do it in a bright orange coat.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9250 on: September 13, 2021, 03:37:09 pm »

I think it’s more the fact that kids are around.

I don’t personally care what people do and I’d be a massive hypocrite if I did as I’ve done it on the way to away games tonnes of times. What I would say though is just keep it on the sly, no need to be openly doing it in the toilets.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9251 on: September 13, 2021, 03:37:15 pm »
There was a fella, probably in his 30s with a bright orange coat on, making pushing gestures for the whole of the match. I heard it had kicked off outside, when I was still in. I was thinking to myself that if you're going to make pushing gestures for 90 minutes, it's probably best to not do it in a bright orange coat.

Surely not one of the stewards? :o

Just before kick off Sky was narvelling about their wonderful atmosphere and the camera focused on a large section of their fans chanting something in an alien tongue whilst rhythmically raising their right hands in a Franco era salute. Not sure what that was about but came across a bit Fascistic.

Whereas we sing a show song from Carousel. I think they're trying too hard to be hard. ;D

Offline ImABeliever

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9252 on: September 13, 2021, 03:48:25 pm »
Leeds fans in the South Stand (behind the goal and near away fans) were a strange bunch. Probably stunk of Carling and Lynx Africa.

There was a video going around of their fans in that stand singing "Harvey Ellliott broke his leg, soft scouse bastard", "2-0, and he broke his leg", "he's just a soft scouse bastard" and a couple of their fans doing wall pushing gestures.

There's also pictures going around of one of our lads showing the Turkish flag to their fans, and also one fan was caught on video making throat slitting gestures.

Minority of bellends on both sides definitely let emotions get the better of them yesterday.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9253 on: September 13, 2021, 03:53:41 pm »
Leeds fans in the South Stand (behind the goal and near away fans) were a strange bunch. Probably stunk of Carling and Lynx Africa.

There was a video going around of their fans in that stand singing "Harvey Ellliott broke his leg, soft scouse bastard", "2-0, and he broke his leg", "he's just a soft scouse bastard" and a couple of their fans doing wall pushing gestures.

There's also pictures going around of one of our lads showing the Turkish flag to their fans, and also one fan was caught on video making throat slitting gestures.

Minority of bellends on both sides definitely let emotions get the better of them yesterday.
Always ends up like that though doesn't it.
3000 away fans singing about Hillsborough and it's plea bargained down to "well there's a minority on both sides"
With us it is definitely a minority. The Hillsborough shite home and away is far more.

Offline ImABeliever

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9254 on: September 13, 2021, 04:00:12 pm »
Always ends up like that though doesn't it.
3000 away fans singing about Hillsborough and it's plea bargained down to "well there's a minority on both sides"
With us it is definitely a minority. The Hillsborough shite home and away is far more.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. When we go to OT every year it seems to be at least 55,000 of their fans singing "The S*n was right, you're murderers" etc, and whilst there were Leeds fans who applauded Elliott as he came off - there were still far too many who attempted to goad the LFC fans after it happened.

This isn't the first time it's happened either - when we played them in 1998/99 at Elland Road they all cheered as one when Owen went off with a hamstring injury. They've got some decent fans but majority inside the ground yesterday seemed to act like bellends.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #9255 on: September 13, 2021, 04:25:29 pm »
Until the clubs start identifying and banning people involved, as they now do with instances of racism and discrimination in their stadiums, then nothing will change.

Inaction is akin to acceptance.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9256 on: September 13, 2021, 05:02:25 pm »
Whatever you want to look at it Leeds is a proper away, no love in there.

Your not wrong. Mad away that was yesterday.  Not been Elland Road for years and naively forgot how much they hate us (and everyone else for that matter).  They really are the Millwall of the North.  No one likes us etc.

Nowt much has changed in 50 years up at Elland Road.  That section behind the goal near us were stuck firmly in the 70's.  That stand is the "Norman Hunter Stand" so what do you expect.

2 wrongs don't make a right but I remember some LFC fans giving it to Alan Smith when he broke his leg an Anfield that time.  It wasn't on the scale of that yesterday though.

Was pretty mid-boggling that Leeds fans took delight in an 18 year old kid suffering a horrific injury.  Thick Yorkshire Bell-ends.

MOTD and the Media in general focusing on the family stand behind the dugout clapping Harvey off and totally ignoring the fact that 3/4 of the Norman Hunter stand were loving it.

Outside our end looked like it was gonna be very tasty indeed.  Heard plenty of Galatasaray shouts in response.  Walked back to me car on the retail park and kept our traps shut :)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9257 on: September 13, 2021, 05:11:56 pm »

The tribalism and nastiness at grounds, particularly towards us, is so bad now that some of ours can't help themselves.

If you're going to let it get to you, don't go.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9258 on: September 13, 2021, 05:13:28 pm »
I’ve been to Elland Road a couple of times but in the home end against Sunderland both times and it was all fairly tame. I can well imagine how they are against a big side though. The city centre is moody enough at the best of times.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9259 on: September 13, 2021, 05:53:37 pm »
I’ve been to Elland Road a couple of times but in the home end against Sunderland both times and it was all fairly tame. I can well imagine how they are against a big side though. The city centre is moody enough at the best of times.

It'll be interesting when they play United.

Offline ImABeliever

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9260 on: September 13, 2021, 05:56:49 pm »
The tribalism and nastiness at grounds, particularly towards us, is so bad now that some of ours can't help themselves.

If you're going to let it get to you, don't go.

I've personally heard worse insults/abuse dished out to us over the years; when we go to Old Trafford next month most of the ground will be singing songs about Hillsborough, Heysel and poverty all game long. Even the stuff Millwall sang when we played them in the League Cup in 2004/05 was more vile than what Leeds gave out yesterday - but it still annoyed me. The media should be doing more to highlight this, like they did when we chanted 'Chelsea rent boy' at Norwich on the opening day.

Offline ImABeliever

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9261 on: September 13, 2021, 05:58:52 pm »

I went to Elland Road on four occasions between 1999-2004 and although their fans were always up for it when they played against us - I can't remember it ever being as toxic in the ground as it was yesterday.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #9262 on: September 13, 2021, 06:09:36 pm »
I went to Elland Road on four occasions between 1999-2004 and although their fans were always up for it when they played against us - I can't remember it ever being as toxic in the ground as it was yesterday.

I guess they’ve been away a long time if you consider last year was played in an empty stadium.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9263 on: September 13, 2021, 06:37:54 pm »
I've personally heard worse insults/abuse dished out to us over the years; when we go to Old Trafford next month most of the ground will be singing songs about Hillsborough, Heysel and poverty all game long. Even the stuff Millwall sang when we played them in the League Cup in 2004/05 was more vile than what Leeds gave out yesterday - but it still annoyed me. The media should be doing more to highlight this, like they did when we chanted 'Chelsea rent boy' at Norwich on the opening day.

It's only worth reporting when it's us.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9264 on: September 13, 2021, 06:48:05 pm »
It'll be interesting when they play United.

It kicked off big time in Manchester first game this season, their be chaos in the return.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9265 on: September 13, 2021, 07:08:28 pm »
At least our call has the bollox to call out offensive chanting.

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9266 on: September 13, 2021, 07:23:26 pm »
I do agree, if one Liverpool fan says something out of order then the whole fan base gets tarred with the one brush

Opposition fans in their droves say what they want to us and nothing gets said about it

I heard some even drank beer. Shameless.
'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9267 on: September 13, 2021, 07:56:26 pm »

Late kick off probably a factor. It usually used to be an early kick off when we played Leeds (pre-relegation). IIRC some games even kicked off about 11am in the 90s.

Combination of Twitterfication of the football crowd and too much drugs and alcohol (our own as well as Leeds).

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9268 on: September 13, 2021, 08:02:22 pm »

The Millwall game was poisonous from them, but you know what you're going to get going there. That was the first time we'd really had to deal with Hillsborough stuff in the ground and the fans were rightly angry.

Hillsborough chants have disgracefully gradually become something we have to deal with, whether directly (the likes of Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge) or more subtly (always the victims from every other set of knobheads).

If any of our fans can't deal with the shit that gets thrown at us without disgracing themselves (i.e. retaliate with Munich/Galatasaray etc) then don't go and give your ticket to someone who won't embarrass themselves.

As much as we bemoan the hateful/spiteful shit we have to put up with, the behaviour from some of our own is risible and needs stamping out.

The club should do more to call others out for these chants though when it's Hillsborough related.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9269 on: September 13, 2021, 09:02:19 pm »
The Millwall game was poisonous from them, but you know what you're going to get going there. That was the first time we'd really had to deal with Hillsborough stuff in the ground and the fans were rightly angry.

Hillsborough chants have disgracefully gradually become something we have to deal with, whether directly (the likes of Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge) or more subtly (always the victims from every other set of knobheads).

If any of our fans can't deal with the shit that gets thrown at us without disgracing themselves (i.e. retaliate with Munich/Galatasaray etc) then don't go and give your ticket to someone who won't embarrass themselves.

As much as we bemoan the hateful/spiteful shit we have to put up with, the behaviour from some of our own is risible and needs stamping out.

The club should do more to call others out for these chants though when it's Hillsborough related.

I would hardly call it "risible".

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #9270 on: September 13, 2021, 10:17:31 pm »

But when the club has called it out, nothing has been done. Remember the women's match a couple of years ago? Of course the FA are not going to announce that Hillsborough songs are acceptable, but that is their attitude.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/28/manchester-united-women-liverpool-womens-super-league-match-report
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #9271 on: September 13, 2021, 11:55:58 pm »
Leeds united gang of c**ts

One of them got nicked by British Transport Police on my train on the way home for being racist. Horrible bastards
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9272 on: September 14, 2021, 07:07:57 am »
But when the club has called it out, nothing has been done. Remember the women's match a couple of years ago? Of course the FA are not going to announce that Hillsborough songs are acceptable, but that is their attitude.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/28/manchester-united-women-liverpool-womens-super-league-match-report

Well we know the Mancs can do no wrong. Look at the riots last season.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9273 on: September 14, 2021, 09:41:38 am »
https://twitter.com/AaronDaniels__/status/1437136477385854977?s=20

this is unacceptable regardless of whatever taunting Leeds have been doing, LFC need to find this prick and ban him.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9274 on: September 14, 2021, 09:45:14 am »

being a horrible bastard is not something they can really do much on until it crosses through to protected characteristics and/or violence in such large numbers. what could they enforce and prosecute people for?

ultimately other football fans need to realise that things like Hillsborough could've happened to anyone and there should be a united front in solidarity with the victims and their families. but tribalism will prevent that. individual rival clubs could take responsibility but fans will just double-down on it or get defensive over it as we've already seen.

just a general comment not directed at you, but ever since the video from Paul and Klopp there seems to be this odd sentiment that the club needs to be calling it out and trying to draw parallels between the situations. I mean they could, but it's not the same as racism or homophobia even if it's nasty behaviour as it's not really something people can be prosecuted over, nor do the clubs have any requirement to monitor or enforce bans over as it's not by law discriminatory behaviour which the club is responsible for.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 09:53:52 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9275 on: September 14, 2021, 09:53:38 am »
https://twitter.com/AaronDaniels__/status/1437136477385854977?s=20

this is unacceptable regardless of whatever taunting Leeds have been doing, LFC need to find this prick and ban him.

I swear if a bloke put up a post-it note on a lamppost in Guadalajara saying 'a Liverpool fan at the Leeds game was wearing a MAGA hat and Trump mask' written in Mexican, you'd find it pretty quickly.

I'm really not quite sure what anyone's meant to do with that. It doesn't seem like he reported it, didn't confront the guy (if it even happened), it doesn't appear that anyone else heard it or reported it or confronted the guy. So what.....just take some random bloke on twitters word that there's now a racist element to the Liverpool away support?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9276 on: September 14, 2021, 09:55:52 am »
I swear if a bloke put up a post-it note on a lamppost in Aberdeen saying 'a Liverpool fan at the Leeds game was wearing a MAGA hat and Trump mask' you'd find it pretty quickly.

I'm really not quite sure what anyone's meant to do with that. It doesn't seem like he reported it, didn't confront the guy (if it even happened), it doesn't appear that anyone else heard it or reported it or confronted the guy. So what.....just take some random bloke on twitters word that there's now a racist element to the Liverpool away support?

exactly the type of defensive response i expected. he should've reported it but oddly has chosen not to it seems. he's one of our own fans. what you should've taken away from that is report it, don't just put it on social media.

it's our club, our fanbase and we should be responsible for any individual being racist, homophobic or generally a bellend regardless if it's 1 or 50,000.

some of you are happy to turn a blind eye when it's our own. go argue amongst yourselves now.  :wave
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:00:05 am by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9277 on: September 14, 2021, 10:02:19 am »
being a horrible bastard is not something they can really do much on until it crosses through to protected characteristics and/or violence in such large numbers. what could they enforce and prosecute people for?

ultimately other football fans need to realise that things like Hillsborough could've happened to anyone and there should be a united front in solidarity with the victims and their families. but tribalism will prevent that. individual rival clubs could take responsibility but fans will just double-down on it or get defensive over it as we've already seen.

just a general comment not directed at you, but ever since the video from Paul and Klopp there seems to be this odd sentiment that the club needs to be calling it out and trying to draw parallels between the situations. I mean they could, but it's not the same as racism or homophobia even if it's nasty behaviour as it's not really something people can be prosecuted over, nor do the clubs have any requirement to monitor or enforce bans over as it's not by law discriminatory behaviour which the club is responsible for.

The thing with Hillsborough related taunts is other fans know that's how to get to us. They go through all the poverty related stuff and it's turned back on them with Tory related retorts. Start with the "Shall we sing a song for you" and it's 'wow that really cuts deep'. Call us 'Murderers' and it doesn't really hit. Then it's add "the S*n was right" in front of murderers and they get what they want (i.e. the Mancs). This seemed to be the Leeds mantra the other day. Keep upping the ante until they got a reaction and some fans were stupid enough to give them it.

Fans who react to this with tat for tat, just play into their hands. They must have followed Liverpool long enough away from home (to have the credits to go the other day) to know that.

Plenty of our own are as bad as the horrible pricks in the Leeds or Mancs ends and they need dealing with.

Offline RainbowFlick

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9278 on: September 14, 2021, 10:06:57 am »
The thing with Hillsborough related taunts is other fans know that's how to get to us. They go through all the poverty related stuff and it's turned back on them with Tory related retorts. Start with the "Shall we sing a song for you" and it's 'wow that really cuts deep'. Call us 'Murderers' and it doesn't really hit. Then it's add "the S*n was right" in front of murderers and they get what they want (i.e. the Mancs). This seemed to be the Leeds mantra the other day. Keep upping the ante until they got a reaction and some fans were stupid enough to give them it.

Fans who react to this with tat for tat, just play into their hands. They must have followed Liverpool long enough away from home (to have the credits to go the other day) to know that.

Plenty of our own are as bad as the horrible pricks in the Leeds or Mancs ends and they need dealing with.

agree. it's totally natural it'd get people angry, but people need to find a way to reroute their anger to songs about the football.
YNWA.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #9279 on: September 14, 2021, 10:12:04 am »
exactly the type of defensive response i expected. he should've reported it but oddly has chosen not to it seems. he's one of our own fans.

it's our club, our fanbase and we should be responsible for any individual being racist, homophobic or generally a bellend regardless if it's 1 or 50,000.

some of you are happy to turn a blind eye when it's our own. go argue amongst yourselves now.  :wave

Turn a blind eye to what? There's absolutely nothing to go on from the tweet you posted. If it happened then quite obviously it'd need dealing with and the bloke in question chucking out and not being allowed to a football match again, at least. But the time has literally already past for that to happen because a bloke on twitter decided he'd do nothing about it at the time, but just randomly drop it on twitter a little bit later.

I genuinely don't get the motivation to post a single tweet from someone with no evidence whatsoever and no possibility to ever find out anything about an 'incident' and hasn't been reported by anyone else whatsoever. But the only person who has turned a blind eye to it is the one person who could have actually done something about it (if it even happened). Its nothing but Chinese whispers, someone thinks they heard something at a raucous football ground, tweeted about it, someone posted it on RAWK and all of a sudden 'people are turning a blind eye to racism'. Its ridiculous.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.