Author Topic: Anyone driving from Trieste to Ljubljana?  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Olly

• Sees greatness from his sofa
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Anyone driving from Trieste to Ljubljana?
« on: September 4, 2003, 01:20:34 pm »
Is anyone driving from Trieste to Ljubljana? I'm flying to Trieste on the Tuesday before the game, and flying back the day after the game.

Is anyone doing the same thing and thinking of hiring a car? I'm looking for one space as I can't afford to get the train.

Anyone?

ta

Olly!
If you keep one eye on the past, you are blind in one eye. Yet if you forget the past, you are blind in both.

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
Re:Anyone driving from Trieste to Ljubljana?
« Reply #1 on: September 4, 2003, 01:33:23 pm »
I'm sure you'll be able to grab a lift with someone, but are you aware that there are buses from Trieste to Ljubljana as well?  Seem to remember the bus and rail station are the same place in Trieste.  The bus from the airport leaves you off at the main station.  Also think I remember someone telling me that the buses are much more frequent than the trains.

Offline Kemlyn 28

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 4, 2003, 01:45:41 pm »
Any idea on where I can get info on this bus route,as a mate who is travelling by himself is trying to sort that way.Ta.

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 4, 2003, 02:13:50 pm »
Having trouble finding a site that lists a bus timetable but, found a report by a backpacker which says that buses from Trieste to Ljubljana run every hour.

Bus is the major public transport in this part of the world and from my own experience there, I would agree.

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: September 4, 2003, 02:20:41 pm »
For anyone thats driving, I recomend www.theaa.co.uk route planner.

It's idiot proof and free! Just type in where your leaving from and where you're going.

:wave

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 4, 2003, 02:54:16 pm »
Train from Trieste isnt too bad

17 quid eachway - £30 odd for the return

good Europen train timetable site.

www.raileurope.com/us/rail/fares_schedules/index.htm

Gives prices in US dollars - 63p to $1

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 4, 2003, 09:35:14 pm »
Checked my old Lonely Planet guide to Slovenia, bearing in mind it is 2 years old.

Doesn't mention buses between Trieste and Ljubljana directly but does state that there are about 20 buses per day from Trieste, south to Koper about 10-15 km away.  From there, there are about 10-13 buses per day to Ljubljana.

Offline js

• Main Stander
« Reply #7 on: September 5, 2003, 04:42:23 pm »
and if anyone is interested we've got a coach - 7 seats left. about 40 euros a head ...

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=17246