Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3122900 times)

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD
« Reply #35200 on: August 7, 2022, 06:37:17 pm »

he was highly rated before he went to Brighton.

Still got him for £4.5m

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #35201 on: August 7, 2022, 06:40:20 pm »
We have but it feels like we now need to get Konate/Gomez, Elliott/Jones and Nunez/Jota in there as first choice with the likes of Matip, Henderson and Firmino being the supporting acts. We looked pretty stale yesterday.

I thought this was the case a fair bit in the first half of last season, although we did very well to keep pace with City. Diaz was massive in terms of freshening things up, Konate as well for that and now Nunez and Carvalho, plus Elliott back fit. Obviously out of all those only Diaz started yesterday, so it made things appear a bit more stale than they are in reality. The midfield needs evolution though and more legs, fresh legs.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35202 on: August 7, 2022, 06:43:58 pm »

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #35203 on: August 7, 2022, 07:07:44 pm »
We have but it feels like we now need to get Konate/Gomez, Elliott/Jones and Nunez/Jota in there as first choice with the likes of Matip, Henderson and Firmino being the supporting acts. We looked pretty stale yesterday.
I mean that's fine?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35204 on: August 7, 2022, 07:10:24 pm »
We looked pretty stale yesterday.
Did it being first game of the season and hot contribute to that?

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #35205 on: August 7, 2022, 07:28:34 pm »

Possibly.

Very rare the whole starting 11 are that bad too as a whole.

I would still strengthen the midfield. Too many players that aren't good enough / durable enough (Keita, Ox, Thiago).
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35206 on: August 7, 2022, 08:22:31 pm »

Didnt bother Fulham.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #35207 on: August 7, 2022, 08:27:04 pm »
Possibly.

Very rare the whole starting 11 are that bad too as a whole.

I would still strengthen the midfield. Too many players that aren't good enough / durable enough (Keita, Ox, Thiago).
Ox isn’t going anywhere at this point. His injury (and Jones’ for the matter) ended the slight possibility of either happening.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35208 on: August 7, 2022, 08:43:04 pm »

And then in winter it's too windy.

It was roasting in Austria for two weeks and in Asia so they should have been more used to it. It was just a bad day at the office. Unfortunate that it was on the opening day and away from home because you'll be lucky to get away with 3 points. If we were at home yesterday we'd have likely still won even in 2nd gear.

We probably had two performances like that last season and they were the two we lost. Brighton from when they scored onwards as well and Spurs away but with the mitigation of players missing. Seasons before and you can point to performances like the Watford 3-0 and Villa 7-2, so you can see why Klopp references accepting the point as the positive of not losing.
« Last Edit: August 7, 2022, 08:47:06 pm by Fromola »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35209 on: August 7, 2022, 08:49:06 pm »

It was roasting in Austria for two weeks and in Asia so they should have been more used to it. It was just a bad day at the office. Unfortunate that it was on the opening day and away from home because you'll be lucky to get away with 3 points. If we were at home yesterday we'd have likely still won even in 2nd gear.

We probably had two performances like that last season and they were the two we lost. Brighton from when they scored onwards as well and Spurs away but with the mitigation of players missing. Seasons before and you can point to performances like the Watford 3-0 and Villa 7-2, so you can see why Klopp references accepting the point as the positive of not losing.
Missing players had nothing to do with it, it was the gutless Tierney not sending off Englands brave Harry Kane for a horror challenge, then inexplicably not awarding a penalty for a blatant shove.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35210 on: August 7, 2022, 08:54:17 pm »
Missing players had nothing to do with it, it was the gutless Tierney not sending off Englands brave Harry Kane for a horror challenge, then inexplicably not awarding a penalty for a blatant shove.

For sure, but Spurs missed a lot of good chances and we were a bit all over the place. It was a miracle we came away with a draw given the referee, VAR, how well Conte set them up and the players we had missing. Their XG was 2.40 to our 1.65. As I say, plenty of mitigation for that performance.

Yesterday was more like the two we lost last season, so hopefully it's getting it out the way early because we can't repeat it. It's more frustrating because of how well we've started the season in recent years. City have had poor results early and recovered though.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35211 on: August 7, 2022, 09:03:32 pm »
Didnt bother Fulham.
Fulham were at home and had return to the premier league enthusiasm. I do think we are slightly over egging yesterday's performance and the doom and gloom. We drew. It happens.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35212 on: August 7, 2022, 09:04:47 pm »

It was a bad day in the office. Let's see what happens against Palace first.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35213 on: August 7, 2022, 09:07:16 pm »
Fulham were at home and had return to the premier league enthusiasm. I do think we are slightly over egging yesterday's performance and the doom and gloom. We drew. It happens.

Same was said about Brentford, we shrugged it off but it contributed to us giving City the lead which we had to be perfect for to claw back and we were not perfect and we never got it back.

We cant have a situation whereby if you are a shit side that you know Liverpool will give you the points early in the season because the attitude isnt right.

I dont think we are over egging it, it was a terrible display collectively and individually by most of the players. They now have to compensate by going on a long winning run and that includes beating Palace and United in 2 weeks time away.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35214 on: August 7, 2022, 09:14:28 pm »
Same was said about Brentford, we shrugged it off but it contributed to us giving City the lead which we had to be perfect for to claw back and we were not perfect and we never got it back.

We cant have a situation whereby if you are a shit side that you know Liverpool will give you the points early in the season because the attitude isnt right.

I dont think we are over egging it, it was a terrible display collectively and individually by most of the players. They now have to compensate by going on a long winning run and that includes beating Palace and United in 2 weeks time away.
We won how many games at the start of the season before Brentford game you refer to?

What's the solution? We aren't going to get a stop gap measure. It *doesn't seem* like (have no idea) that we are bringing any one in, which doesn't surprise me.

We have Ox & Naby here (if Naby doesn't extend contract) and they can't be kept around whilst we pursue target's.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35215 on: August 7, 2022, 09:18:41 pm »
We won how many games at the start of the season before Brentford game you refer to?

What's the solution? We aren't going to get a stop gap measure. It *doesn't seem* like (have no idea) that we are bringing any one in, which doesn't surprise me.

We have Ox & Naby here (if Naby doesn't extend contract) and they can't be kept around whilst we pursue target's.

We might need a stop gap though. Ox and Thiago could be out for months and the ones that remain, bar Elliott and Jones, are good for an injury or two. That could cost us.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35216 on: August 7, 2022, 09:30:41 pm »
We might need a stop gap though. Ox and Thiago could be out for months and the ones that remain, bar Elliott and Jones, are good for an injury or two. That could cost us.
It could. It depends on how much faith the club has in the youngsters & if we can manage their minutes until Thiago returns.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #35217 on: August 7, 2022, 09:32:01 pm »
It could. It depends on how much faith the club has in the youngsters & if we can manage their minutes until Thiago returns.

It seems very risky to rely on injury prone experienced players and three youngsters.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35218 on: August 7, 2022, 09:33:39 pm »

I dont mind us putting faith in Elliott and Jones. But Jones is injured and his last 12 months has had quite a few injuries. But the concern really is Keita, Henderson and Fabinho. They will have to play the majority of games and all three have a bad injury history.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #35219 on: August 7, 2022, 09:42:28 pm »
I dont mind us putting faith in Elliott and Jones. But Jones is injured and his last 12 months has had quite a few injuries. But the concern really is Keita, Henderson and Fabinho. They will have to play the majority of games and all three have a bad injury history.

Then we need to sign someone

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35220 on: August 7, 2022, 09:46:08 pm »

Whether we do or not we will see. But if we dont then we are taking a huge risk and we have to hope that risk pays off.

I think everything will come down to how serious Thiago’s injury is. A month to 6 weeks then we may not. If we are talking 2-3 months then we will.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35221 on: August 7, 2022, 09:48:05 pm »
It seems very risky to rely on injury prone experienced players and three youngsters.
It looks as though that's what we planned to do (for whatever reason though)?

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #35222 on: August 7, 2022, 09:49:01 pm »
If we're being honest we've needed to sign someone since Gini left. We have not been able to replace his athleticism and it shows in how one paced our midfield is.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35223 on: August 7, 2022, 09:49:38 pm »
Said it earlier haven't we tried Carvalho at LCM this pre season or could we go 4-2-3-1 until our injured players return?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35224 on: August 7, 2022, 09:52:45 pm »
It looks as though that's what we planned to do (for whatever reason though)?

Yes but I dont think we planned for us to lose three midfielders from game 1, with potentially serious ones for 2 of them. Maybe injuries throughout the season but from the start?

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35225 on: August 7, 2022, 09:59:14 pm »
Yes but I dont think we planned for us to lose three midfielders from game 1, with potentially serious ones for 2 of them. Maybe injuries throughout the season but from the start?
We can't buy a top level understudy for every player, though. A lot of it is trusting to luck. We did OK injury-wise last season (Elliott and Jones aside) so that probably gave them some confidence.

And there's no guarantee that a new purchase will remain injury free. These are among the things they have to think about.

Having said that we're probably more likely to bring a midfielder in now than at any time since Tchouameni said no. If it had to happen be glad it happened with three weeks of the window left
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35226 on: August 7, 2022, 10:10:44 pm »
I think also that I wouldnt give Keita a new deal. I really like him but we need to get back to having a normal amount of midfielders who are more robust. Henderson and  Thiago will be here so thats two already we are carrying.

We have 9 at the moment but thats a bit mad and at least 2 too many or possibly 3.

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35227 on: August 7, 2022, 10:12:48 pm »

One issue, with his eye last autumn, so unlikely to be at risk of chronic injury issues.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35228 on: August 7, 2022, 10:17:02 pm »
One issue, with his eye last autumn, so unlikely to be at risk of chronic injury issues.

Yes that true. But i am more worried with Keita, Fabinho and Henderson. Bit crazy how Fabinho is our more robust midfielder from our 4 first choices.

« Reply #35229 on: August 7, 2022, 10:46:40 pm »
Ox isn’t going anywhere at this point. His injury (and Jones’ for the matter) ended the slight possibility of either happening.
Why can't we sell an injured player? It's not like it's a career-ending injury it's just a hamstring. If the price was good you'd find teams willing to buy him.

I hope we try to reduce the number of midfielders we have and improve overall quality and durability. Sell Ox and let Jones go get first-team football somewhere else then bring a solid midfielder this window. Next year we can also bring in Bellingham to replace Keita with Jones coming back to replace Milner.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35230 on: August 7, 2022, 10:49:09 pm »
Why can't we sell an injured player? It's not like it's a career-ending injury it's just a hamstring. If the price was good you'd find teams willing to buy him.
They might want to put in a bid, but why would he leave when that transfer fee could end up in his pocket next summer? He's going nowhere.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35231 on: August 7, 2022, 11:01:21 pm »
Yes that true. But i am more worried with Keita, Fabinho and Henderson. Bit crazy how Fabinho is our more robust midfielder from our 4 first choices.
Fabinho very robust but with the amount of games would be good to make Henderson his Deputy to help rotate more but need Thiago/Jones/Keita/Elliott all Fit too do that.  Would add Carvalho to that list also

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35232 on: August 7, 2022, 11:03:44 pm »

I hope we try to reduce the number of midfielders we have and improve overall quality and durability. Sell Ox and let Jones go get first-team football somewhere else then bring a solid midfielder this window. Next year we can also bring in Bellingham to replace Keita with Jones coming back to replace Milner.

Why sign a player who is unlikely to be back until shortly before the break for the World Cup?

If a club is interested, they'd wait until January rather than take on his wages now and pay him to not play for the next 2/3 months.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35233 on: August 7, 2022, 11:04:44 pm »
I think we all know we could do with a midfielder but I think Klopp is set on saving up for Bellingham. I don't think we'll be able to afford two.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35234 on: August 7, 2022, 11:09:33 pm »
I think we all know we could do with a midfielder but I think Klopp is set on saving up for Bellingham. I don't think we'll be able to afford two.

Even if we sign them a year apart? We can't sign anyone until next summer, and then all our money will go on Bellingham? If that's true we're going to be in trouble, because we'll need several players next summer, including 2 or 3 midfielders.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35235 on: August 7, 2022, 11:24:47 pm »
Even if we sign them a year apart? We can't sign anyone until next summer, and then all our money will go on Bellingham? If that's true we're going to be in trouble, because we'll need several players next summer, including 2 or 3 midfielders.

He's going to cost near £100m.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35236 on: August 7, 2022, 11:33:28 pm »
Not got much faith in Harvey or Curtis or Carvalho or Bajcetic have you?

I see this a lot. For all our feigned interest and approval of youth development, only expensive purchases really count. Right?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35237 on: August 7, 2022, 11:34:15 pm »
He's going to cost near £100m.

If that's true, and if that's the whole of our transfer budget for this season and next season, we should be looking at signing someone else. Because we can't just sign one midfielder in all that time and expect everything to be fine.

Offline Rob Dylan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35238 on: August 7, 2022, 11:43:20 pm »
Not got much faith in Harvey or Curtis or Carvalho or Bajcetic have you?

I see this a lot. For all our feigned interest and approval of youth development, only expensive purchases really count. Right?

Not at all. Elliott is great, we don't know about Carvalho yet but he looks promising, Jones is OK but I don't think he's going to hit the standard we need, Bajcetic is promising but is only 17. So three of those players are teenagers, and two of them have played just one game between them. We can't seriously expect them all to be ready to start taking over from the likes of Henderson, Thiago, Milner and Ox by this time next year. There has to be at least one player brought in who's in-between those two extremes in terms of experience.

Anyway my point wasn't really about that. It was questioning whether we were saving our whole transfer budget for the next two years just to buy Bellingham. Because that would be a mistake if it leaves us unable to buy anyone else.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #35239 on: August 8, 2022, 12:06:05 am »
Not at all. Elliott is great, we don't know about Carvalho yet but he looks promising, Jones is OK but I don't think he's going to hit the standard we need, Bajcetic is promising but is only 17. So three of those players are teenagers, and two of them have played just one game between them. We can't seriously expect them all to be ready to start taking over from the likes of Henderson, Thiago, Milner and Ox by this time next year. There has to be at least one player brought in who's in-between those two extremes in terms of experience.
I was only using those players as handy current examples, because there may well be other young players on the scene here in a year or two's time.

But the point is that young players and players bought for virtual peanuts could end up being the principals of the next iteration of the team, leaving no need to buy anyone else for big money other than, say Bellingham (I'm using him only as an example because so many feel he's The One; I myself have never even seen him play, lol) over the next few years.

I'm not just speculating, I'm suggesting that that might be the plan, and thus the explanation for why no-one else is being purchased for a big fee this season.

Anyway my point wasn't really about that. It was questioning whether we were saving our whole transfer budget for the next two years just to buy Bellingham. Because that would be a mistake if it leaves us unable to buy anyone else.
If we don't need to buy anyone else for biggish money in the next two years because the right players are already here then it won't be a mistake.

What I'm saying is that there are other ways to build a squad and a team other than just biggish money purchases. Even at this moment, for example, if we leave aside Konate, then our first and second choice defences were built for relative peanuts + Virgil.

Even if we can only afford Bellingham as a big purchase over the next two seasons, we will still be able to buy at the Robertson/Gomez/Tsimikas level. We're not going to be THAT cash strapped whatever anyone might claim.