Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2013045 times)

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #10680 on: February 11, 2020, 03:49:15 pm »
Oh fuck, the 'who's a Big Club?' debates have started. Please, please, bring the football back now! Please!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10681 on: February 11, 2020, 03:49:54 pm »
For example, you have Juve with 30 plus League Titles, but only 3 European Cups/CLs, whereas Milan has 18 League Titles but 7 European Cups/CLs. Forget 'right now'. Who is the bigger club overall? I don't think it's as straight forward as you say in terms of dismissing Milan, even though they have been failures recently.

Overall Milan are, but since we're talking about players moving and going, their current status in most players eyes is more important than overall stature.

Yes, that's more than what Milan did, but frankly, before we won the CL last season, we had won 1 League Cup in 8 years, so would you have had us as a smaller club than United and Juve at that time? I wouldn't have, overall, even if we had blips at that time. Were Leicester a bigger club than Liverpool before we won CL last season, because they won the League/a major trophy more recently than us?

I wouldn't have us lower than the Mancs, but most players would [not including Klopps time], given their dominance, given what they've achieved [despite our triumphs in Europe,etc.]

No Leicester of course aren't a bigger club, we've still had success in the last decade [when Leicester won it in 2015, the last ten years of that saw us win a European Cup, and get to another final, and challenge for the league multiple times in that period despite being a mess in between that].

I'm purely talking from a players perspective.

Top top players aren't going to Milan. There's nothing that would lure them that way. No world class players, no world class manager, nothing positive what so ever in recent years.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10682 on: February 11, 2020, 03:53:48 pm »
Overall Milan are, but since we're talking about players moving and going, their current status in most players eyes is more important than overall stature.

I wouldn't have us lower than the Mancs, but most players would [not including Klopps time], given their dominance, given what they've achieved [despite our triumphs in Europe,etc.]

No Leicester of course aren't a bigger club, we've still had success in the last decade [when Leicester won it in 2015, the last ten years of that saw us win a European Cup, and get to another final, and challenge for the league multiple times in that period despite being a mess in between that].

I'm purely talking from a players perspective.

Top top players aren't going to Milan. There's nothing that would lure them that way. No world class players, no world class manager, nothing positive what so ever in recent years.

Oh from players' perspective as a proposition, I completely agree with you. I was just bringing a bit of bigger picture into it  ;)

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10683 on: February 11, 2020, 04:00:09 pm »
Oh from players' perspective as a proposition, I completely agree with you. I was just bringing a bit of bigger picture into it  ;)

In terms of overall and how you've described it in general I agree entirely. I really want us to equal Milan's EC's.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #10684 on: February 11, 2020, 04:02:54 pm »
Correct. Edwards has a history of selling our players, so it's just a matter of whether the story is plausible or not given our past record. If the story is about selling Firmino for 200m, there's a real danger that it might be true. Especially if there's another 50m of add ons based on whether or not Bayern win the Bundesliga. If Edwards decides to push for it, we may even claim the soul of Kimmich's firstborn.

That's a strange statement. He has a history of buying players the players we need and renewing their contracts to keep them here long term. He's been doing this to give Klopp a tight, coordinated squad with high camaraderie and morale. He's also built up a history of selling players we don't need for really good fees.

The idea that he's sitting there just waiting for a decent bid to offload our best players is ridiculous.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10685 on: February 11, 2020, 05:18:12 pm »
That's a strange statement. He has a history of buying players the players we need and renewing their contracts to keep them here long term. He's been doing this to give Klopp a tight, coordinated squad with high camaraderie and morale. He's also built up a history of selling players we don't need for really good fees.

The idea that he's sitting there just waiting for a decent bid to offload our best players is ridiculous.

I'd have thought that anyone reading the post through to the end would have got the point that my post wasn't serious (the soul of Kimmich's firstborn?). If the story had any legs whatsoever, the fee would be something in the region of ridiculous, as I'm alluding to.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10686 on: February 11, 2020, 05:22:05 pm »
I'd have thought that anyone reading the post through to the end would have got the point that my post wasn't serious (the soul of Kimmich's firstborn?). If the story had any legs whatsoever, the fee would be something in the region of ridiculous, as I'm alluding to.

You should include /sarcasm tags. Sometimes its difficult to discern :)

Offline aussie_ox

• Main Stander
  • LFC Blood Red all the way
« Reply #10687 on: February 11, 2020, 10:53:49 pm »
Who has Edwards sold?

The rest is just bullshit, even entertaining the rumour. The price is bullshit, the idea we'd sell one of our key players is bullshit, the idea the s*n would be privy to anything we're doing is bullshit. The idea that Bobby is anywhere other than at his peak is bullshit. The idea he'd be valued at a meagre 75m is bullshit.

It's laughable because Bayern aren't going to spend 200m on anyone.   And there is zero percent chance we'd even consider 75m at this stage of Firmino's career.

Bayern are welcome to try in 2024 after Bobby has won 3 leagues and 3 CLs.    75m seems a fair price then.
Klopp that!

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #10688 on: February 11, 2020, 11:32:02 pm »
I just don't worry about loosing players to other clubs anymore.

If heads are being turned, it's in Anfield's direction.

P. S.

75m for Bobby  :lmao

Why was my post deleted?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10689 on: February 11, 2020, 11:49:36 pm »
Over my dead fucking body.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10690 on: February 12, 2020, 12:13:26 am »
75m gets you a want-away Lukaku.  It does not get you a unique attacking player in his prime from arguably the best side in the world.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #10691 on: February 12, 2020, 12:35:14 am »
One of my favorite players. Do you reckon they will try and find a Bobby lite or /adapt someone to his type of role in the future? (people talking how Taka has bobby attributes etc)

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10692 on: February 12, 2020, 03:30:24 am »
Players come, players go.

Having said that, love Bobby.  Can't see the Club selling him on this season unless there's a better or younger player to purchase, otherwise it's not worth  -  not the right time really -- breaking up the front three when the current squad is peaking.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10693 on: February 12, 2020, 03:34:29 am »
He can play for many years to come at a high level if he stays clear of injuries which he has for the entirety of his career. His game isn't dependent on bursts,pace, so even as he gets in age, I see no reason to move him on unless his performance levels drop dramatically. But that doesn't necessarily happen just because you age.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #10694 on: February 12, 2020, 11:24:03 am »
I'd sell him for, ooh, £756bn

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10695 on: February 12, 2020, 11:34:51 am »
He can play for many years to come at a high level if he stays clear of injuries which he has for the entirety of his career.

Bobby is very resilient. I don't recall him being injured for us?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #10696 on: February 12, 2020, 11:42:34 am »
Its. The. Fucking. Rag.

Stop giving this shit any credence, FFS!
We are Liverpool!

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10697 on: February 12, 2020, 11:47:26 am »
Bobby is very resilient. I don't recall him being injured for us?

Missed a few games at the end of last season, including both games against Barcelona. Probably shouldn't have played in the final.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10698 on: February 12, 2020, 12:21:19 pm »
Missed a few games at the end of last season, including both games against Barcelona. Probably shouldn't have played in the final.

How can I forget the Barce game :)

Overall though his injury record is fantastic.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #10699 on: February 12, 2020, 12:29:00 pm »
£75M doesn't even buy his first touch.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #10700 on: February 13, 2020, 07:29:00 am »
Its. The. Fucking. Rag.

Stop giving this shit any credence, FFS!

If I was you, I would stop expecting any better.

It looks like it really effects you.

Why was my post deleted?

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10701 on: February 13, 2020, 08:44:55 am »
I'd sell him for, ooh, £756bn
£756bn + £1, to be exact.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10702 on: February 13, 2020, 09:47:55 am »

WTF? It's not unreasonable for a Liverpool forum to expect its members to NOT discuss shite from that fucking rag
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10703 on: February 13, 2020, 12:59:35 pm »
Are people still discussing a story from the s*n newspaper?  ::)

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10704 on: February 13, 2020, 01:24:21 pm »

You're new here, aren't you?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #10705 on: February 13, 2020, 06:47:52 pm »
WTF? It's not unreasonable for a Liverpool forum to expect its members to NOT discuss shite from that fucking rag

Didn't know that it came from the s*n.

My hands are up, sorry.
Why was my post deleted?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10706 on: February 13, 2020, 06:51:49 pm »
Didn't know that it came from the s*n.

My hands are up, sorry.

we kept saying, the scum, the rag,etc.. over and over again mate, but no worries.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #10707 on: February 13, 2020, 09:37:45 pm »
Not to get too crazy but the Danny Murphy shite really pissed me off... It made me think what game is he watching where he thinks of our front, that Bobby is the most replaceable.

Then, I wondered if this wasn't a pisstake.  Either it was or he just does not get it.

However, I do wonder if FSG could use this kind of stupidity to secretly increase his wages and change his role within the team (by pretending to put him on the market as a forward)
And we go and get an Mbappe or Sancho or #9 --- but then play Firmino right in behind the trident and change up the entire dynamic a bit.

Bobby can play just about anywhere --- and it would change his role, but its something in his wheelhouse, plus we could get another big time, younger player up front (if Coutinho had stayed; Bobby takes on this forward role while pressing in different spaces)

Just a thought as the red came to face in seeing an article by Murphy suggest the one who is expendable of our front three is the my favorite field player on the team

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #10708 on: February 13, 2020, 11:01:32 pm »
75m gets you a want-away Lukaku.  It does not get you a unique attacking player in his prime from arguably the best side in the world.

It could but it could also be a hit and miss.

There are no ready made Bobby out there. If we do not have Bobby, we would have to play differently or we would need to mould some players into one.

Online jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #10709 on: February 13, 2020, 11:19:44 pm »
Can we forget about the transfer talk of Bobby and just dwell on how good a player this guy is.  When Bobby, Mane and Salah are all on fire, then there's no better front 3 in the world.

What this guy does is truly amazing, so hard working, unselfish and his no look finishes are something else.

Why would he want to leave this great club?  He's playing for the best team in Europe/World right now and he's going to achieve even greater things with this club.  His family seem settled here and it must help immensely having the other Brazilians here as well.  If you're playing well, winning trophies and have a settled and happy family you ain't gonna want to move.

I'm sure people have taken note of what happened to Phil and Emre when they left for what they thought were pastures new.  Players can become legends here and be adored, or they can go elsewhere and be a nobody.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10710 on: February 14, 2020, 03:49:10 am »
Not to get too crazy but the Danny Murphy shite really pissed me off... It made me think what game is he watching where he thinks of our front, that Bobby is the most replaceable.

Then, I wondered if this wasn't a pisstake.  Either it was or he just does not get it.

However, I do wonder if FSG could use this kind of stupidity to secretly increase his wages and change his role within the team (by pretending to put him on the market as a forward)
And we go and get an Mbappe or Sancho or #9 --- but then play Firmino right in behind the trident and change up the entire dynamic a bit.

Bobby can play just about anywhere --- and it would change his role, but its something in his wheelhouse, plus we could get another big time, younger player up front (if Coutinho had stayed; Bobby takes on this forward role while pressing in different spaces)

Just a thought as the red came to face in seeing an article by Murphy suggest the one who is expendable of our front three is the my favorite field player on the team

If we get a goalscoring forward like Werner, the most obvious and correct thing to do (which is what I believe we will do) is play Bobby behind Werner. Salah is our 'striker' and Bobby is the playmaker/support striker hybrid - this is for all the ignorant pundits who compare other strikers with him or talk about his scoring record. If we get Werner, there will simply be a formation change with a slight tweak to Salah's role, Bobby will still play the same way and if any ignorant pundit thinks we are replacing Bobby, they are just that, ignorant, clueless and deluded.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10711 on: February 14, 2020, 04:15:25 am »
If we get a goalscoring forward like Werner, the most obvious and correct thing to do (which is what I believe we will do) is play Bobby behind Werner. Salah is our 'striker' and Bobby is the playmaker/support striker hybrid - this is for all the ignorant pundits who compare other strikers with him or talk about his scoring record. If we get Werner, there will simply be a formation change with a slight tweak to Salah's role, Bobby will still play the same way and if any ignorant pundit thinks we are replacing Bobby, they are just that, ignorant, clueless and deluded.

Yes, but not for all games, because that would mean dropping one of the midfielders consistently

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10712 on: February 14, 2020, 10:47:33 am »
Yes, but not for all games, because that would mean dropping one of the midfielders consistently

Yeah, we're flexible enough to make adjustments within games, let alone different games. More options, more possibilities.

My point is there is no way we're replacing Bobby as he plays behind the striker now and he will play behind the striker even if we sign another forward. It was for those pundits & opposition fans who think he is a No. 9 (the only thing that is No. 9 is his shirt number) and should be scoring more. He is not a No. 9, striker, CF or any of those kinds, not sure why it is so hard for them to figure this out.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 10:51:37 am by PoetryInMotion »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10713 on: February 14, 2020, 02:45:57 pm »
Yeah, we're flexible enough to make adjustments within games, let alone different games. More options, more possibilities.

My point is there is no way we're replacing Bobby as he plays behind the striker now and he will play behind the striker even if we sign another forward. It was for those pundits & opposition fans who think he is a No. 9 (the only thing that is No. 9 is his shirt number) and should be scoring more. He is not a No. 9, striker, CF or any of those kinds, not sure why it is so hard for them to figure this out.

I agree entirely

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #10714 on: February 14, 2020, 03:58:20 pm »
Well out lads... Agree with both of you.  Werner would be the cheapest option, but there is something in me (not my most intelligent part) that wants to see this:

Salah                                                                                                      Werner
                   Mane                                      Mbappe                    or                    Mane                                                    Salah

Firmino                                                                                                     Firmino

Henderson       Fabinho

Robertson                                                         TAA

Van Dijk       Gomez

Alisson

*** great point about Firmino in the midfield DeFacto (you want versatility, rotation and consistency -- not easy throughout a season)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #10715 on: February 15, 2020, 07:29:46 pm »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10716 on: February 15, 2020, 07:33:13 pm »
Bobby nearly did a Bergkamp.  ;D

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #10717 on: February 15, 2020, 07:43:52 pm »
First half performance was filthy

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #10718 on: February 15, 2020, 07:46:35 pm »
Bobby, stop, those defenders have families!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10719 on: February 15, 2020, 07:46:38 pm »
Ref really fucked up his game today. He could have set up three goals if that bastard didn’t give Norwich a foul for every contact.