Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - Liverpool v Manchester City - 10 March 2024, 15:45 - Sky Sports  (Read 26936 times)

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Oh they're def. arsed, we may not be, but they are. Several of them have already had made comments ala Haaland and Dias "they dont know what it feels like to win the treble"

But it isn't anything they will take seriously in my opinion.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The final clash of the titans. All you going better eat your Wheaties. Need the most oppressive of oppressive atmospheres.

Massive match. No settling for a draw. We have to go for the jugular. A win and we are playing with house money and they are our bitch vs Arsenal. 
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 08:43:49 pm by OkieRedman »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Walker said their players have discussed Trents comments as a group
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline TheCunningScorpion

• Main Stander
We may as well not bother turning up, Gary Neville has spoken, he says we are getting beaten :(

Offline Larse

• Kopite
Questionmarks for me are:
Szobo or Harvey at RCM spot?
Gomez or Bradley at RB?
Is Konate fit to start?

Id go with this starting lineup:
diaz - nunez - salah
macca - endo - szobo
robbo - vvd - konate - gomez
kelleher

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound

I wonder if he was on the phone on loudspeaker hanging out the back of someone in a dead squeaky voice

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Gomez or Bradley at RB?
Is Konate fit to start?

diaz - nunez - salah
macca - endo - szobo
kelleher

A lot will depend on Konate fitness.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline BigCDump

• Kopite
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
Gomez or Bradley at RB?
Is Konate fit to start?

diaz - nunez - salah
macca - endo - szobo
kelleher

I'd prefer a fresher Tsimikas over Robbo. But yes, I would risk starting Salah and hope for the best. That front three is going to annoy the hell out of their defence, even if it's in glimpses and breakaways. Keep them guessing and not try to over commit in case they lose the ball then Boom.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Gomez or Bradley at RB?
Is Konate fit to start?
mine would be:
gomez vs robertson (vs quansah, if Konate misses out)
elliot vs endo
can Salah start

would be gomez(+quansah if needed) and eliot for me.

and if Salah can only do 45 minutes, i'd make them the first half. gakpo competes much better physically when playing more tired players (same applies to endo).
« Last Edit: March 8, 2024, 07:55:41 pm by classycarra »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
We may as well not bother turning up, Gary Neville has spoken, he says we are getting beaten :(

That’s a positive for us.

On the flip side I saw Merse has tipped us to win if Salah plays. Maybe he should sit this one out.

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan
I think it will be Endo to start so we can bring Eliot off the bench. The only real impact sub we have at the moment.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think it will be Endo to start so we can bring Eliot off the bench. The only real impact sub we have at the moment.
feel like I know what you mean but think we're past that acute stage of limited subs now - we've had a sub score or assist in each of our last seven games since we lost to arsenal at the start of February

Online Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Kostas started the game at the Eithad.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac

Offline OkieRedman

• Legacy Fan

Lol. That dyslexia strikes again. I legitimately thought I had spelled jugular. Makes people mad for some reason, but thinks for pointing it out. 

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan

Standard.

Now he is part of the Utd task force we might as well all give up there is nothing he doesn’t know top pundit, manager, businessman, now knows about building footy grounds, Middle Eastern culture.

He is a jack of all trades and master of ?

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
Oh they're def. arsed, we may not be, but they are. Several of them have already had made comments ala Haaland and Dias "they dont know what it feels like to win the treble"

Let me guess....it feels like a short bus ride spent listening to shite music whilst waving to a couple of dozen shoppers who are desperate to cross the road before the traffic gets going again.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
And what did his wife, mistress and two families conclude?
;D

What's funny is they feel somewhat slighted but deep down they know it's true, they are mercenaries who did the football version of selling your soul and noone gives a fuck about them.

No one gave a fuck on the Sunday morning they completed the Treble, when United won it I didn't buy a Paper for a week and just zoned out of Football for the whole summer.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan

Not often you get such a perfect use of a gif. Well played  :wellin

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Don’t see us dropping points
Sunday will show us fighting and winning for JURGEN
2-0 to the reds.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Id be very surprised if there arent more twists and turns after this. Not all 3 of us at the top are going to win out so its going to chop and change at the top. A win would be massive but also a defeat is not the end of the world.
If it had if been 3 or 4 games left then a different story but i still think anyone of the top 3 could end up 1st or 3rd, its going to be that close and as i said id be very surprised if any of us win all remaining games.
I do look at abu though and think if they do happen to beat us and arsenal then their remaining games look pretty easy compared to ours

It’s a must not lose game.  If city get their noses in front in the run-in it will stay that way.  That’s always been the case since Abu Dhabi and Pep came into town.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
It's obviously not mathematically a must win game given there are still 10 more games to go after this one. But it is must win.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
I really hope we fuck this cheating lot up badly.

They will come with a specific game plan to nullify us and it's up to us to take the game to them at home.

None of this nervy or edgy stuff that we normally start with in big games (City away, Arsenal away). Just need to get into them right from the off and throw them off any cohesion.

If we get an early goal I can really see us going on to win by maybe a couple. Remember any team this season that has actually given it a go against them has got something. And their defence ain't what everyone thinks it is. They will concede.
YWNA

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Gonna smash them. they have flattered to deceive all year. KDB's return lifted them for a bit but he's already sore and mortal again. Endo and mac will hound him into the ground and thatl be it for them. Virgil will take the Neanderthal to the cleaners as always. That defence cant handle the truth.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The final clash of the titans. All you going better eat your Wheaties. Need the most oppressive of oppressive atmospheres.

Massive match. No settling for a draw. We have to go for the jugular. A win and we are playing with house money and they are our bitch vs Arsenal. 

They're aren't titans,  they're cheats!

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
A lot of talk from the City fans and media that Trent's comments will fire the City players up.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
Thanks Raid. This is obviously going to be a very tough game and the result is going to be very important.

Starting with City. They move the ball about well and have a superb player in Rodri who tends to command midfield. Foden is playing as well as he ever has and we must keep him quiet. Haaland tends to convert any chances he gets and he’ll hang on the shoulder of whoever partners Virgil. I hope a Konate is fit but if not then either Gomez or Quansah will have to be on their best form.

Moving on to us. Wataru and Szoboszlai are well capable of running midfield and then we have Mac Allister who is just getting better and better. Bradley and Kelleher have stepped in and have played really well. Elliott will either start or come on at some stage and he has been in good form.

Salah may not start, which is fine, but he is very capable of creating and scoring. In one way he might be best coming on for the last 30 minutes when their defence is tiring.

Nunez is getting better and better and could destroy them.

My only concern is that we probably won’t have a strong defence and some of the players have played a lot of minutes. It’s going to be a very intense game and it would have been nice to bring on fresh legs.

I think it will be a close game and if we keep Foden and z Haaland out of the game then Salah and Nunez could be the difference. Keep concentration up and don’t give City time on the ball.
#JFT97

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
Trent's comments won't make a world of difference to this contest.

Does anyone think that Man City have been short of their best because of a lack of motivation?  Is that the reason they've struggled year after year when visiting Anfield?  Because they weren't motivated or angry enough.

It's an absurd notion that a comment could change the outcome of a game.  It won't.

We win and win well.

Offline Schmarn

• Legacy Fan

It’s the kind of game where we’ll get a big chance early and we need to take it. Falling behind to this lot would be real trouble. We shouldn’t be afraid to use the quick ball over the top to Darwin. City struggle when they are caught up field.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
A lot of talk from the City fans and media that Trent's comments will fire the City players up.
As if a team of mercenaries care what others say lol

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
I hate everything about the modern Man City. They are c*nts, twats, and bastards.
Let’s beat these fuckers. Send them back to Abu Dhabi and Stockport crying.

Offline Realgman

• Kopite
  • gerrup the yard
It’s the kind of game where we’ll get a big chance early and we need to take it. Falling behind to this lot would be real trouble. We shouldn’t be afraid to use the quick ball over the top to Darwin. City struggle when they are caught up field.

That's it in a nutshell for me... Nunez after his two, kept hungry by Klopp when taken off... he's champing at the bit...C'mon the Reds!!

This is it...
I am not a dreamer. I am a football romantic-Jurgen Klopp

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The bus welcome needs to set the tone..

F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
Was this while he had chopsticks up his nose impersonating an elephant?
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
A massive weekend and by Sunday evening we will either still have it in our own hands or we won't.

Offline Tokyoite

• Kopite
  • Biggest Endo fan
For a team of “champions” they sure get upset easily.

Can’t stand anything around this cheating c*nts. Hope we smash them on Sunday.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
That’s a positive for us.

On the flip side I saw Merse has tipped us to win if Salah plays. Maybe he should sit this one out.

He knows he gets everything wrong so he is trying to put the mockers on us.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan

The most important thing is to continue to be brave if they start to dominate the ball as they are more than capable of doing.

Offline spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
I think it's a bit rich City moaning about Trent's comments when their players sang about Liverpool fans getting beaten up.
They're so stupid, Trent said City have been more successful but for Liverpool, their title means more. What's wrong with what he said?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think it's a bit rich City moaning about Trent's comments when their players sang about Liverpool fans getting beaten up.
They're so stupid, Trent said City have been more successful but for Liverpool, their title means more. What's wrong with what he said?
what's wrong with it is it brought out their barely hidden insecurities again about being a little club not taken seriously by the 'elite'. Until everyone ceases to mention the cheating and just showers praise on them for their footballing fairytale story theyll forever lash out at anything that reminds them what they really are.