Author Topic: PRE MATCH THREAD: Sparta Prague vs Liverpool Thursday 7th March, 17.45 ko  (Read 14224 times)

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
Play the kids tomorrow & back ourselves to smash them in the 2nd leg if we come away with a loss.

We can't afford any more injuries/fatigue before Sunday.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Regardless of what I think, judging by Klopps past choices he will put up a strong team here. He usually doesnt rest players in important games, unless the opposition is very weak

He also knows much more about the status of the players obviously

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Toulouse and Union aren't hot shit either, but we lost to both of them.  shit happens.

yeah but if we lost tomorrow we'd still go through

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Play the kids tomorrow & back ourselves to smash them in the 2nd leg if we come away with a loss.

In this scenario, what do you do with the senior players ?

Fly them out to Prague, light training and don’t play them. Is that ideal?

Leave them at home and they do training at Kirkby. Who takes training if coaching staff are in Prague?

I think it’s really easy to say “just play the kids” but interested in how people think we balance the practicalities of this when we have an away game in another country.

That gets beyond the fact that playing all kids would almost certainly knock us out. Also what about the players returning from injury who may need game time? What happens with these players?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
Play a strong team ,win by couple of goals. Then put the kids for the home leg.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Achterberg

Kyrgiakos
Quansah
Danny Wilson

Danns (Neil)
Spearing
Clark (Lee)
McConnell
Koumas (Jason)

Morgan
Yesil

Should be enough.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Regardless of what I think, judging by Klopps past choices he will put up a strong team here. He usually doesnt rest players in important games, unless the opposition is very weak

He also knows much more about the status of the players obviously

Yep, spot on.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
I'd hope something like:

Kelleher, Bradley, Konate, Quansah, Tsimikas, Endo, Clark, Mac, Gordon, Danns, Diaz.

Adrian, Gomez, VVD, Robbo, McConnell, Szob, Salah, Nunez, Gakpo, Elliott, Koumas, Scanlon

Switch around Konate/VVD, Mac/Szob, Endo/McConnell maybe on the hour and then try and get twenty minutes for Mo and Darwin

I wonder if Rhys William is available, as I know he played for the U23s the other day but not sure if he's available for the first team if he's been registered for two other clubs this season

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan

Pretty much this. We need to hit City with all we got. Put everything in to that Sunday performance, all the hurt from those previous title run ins. This is Jurgen's last chance to get one on Guardiola.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
I'd be looking to rest as many as possible for this. If we can keep the scoreline tight, we will have enough in the second leg.

There might be a few first-team players who would benefit from 60 minutes here, like Dom, Nunez and Mo (if fit, didn't read about availability).

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
I get that the City game is key but throwing the kids into a European away vs a cup tie against lower league opposition at Anfield is a world of difference and I think we'll go a fair bit stronger than most would hope.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
I'd be looking to rest as many as possible for this. If we can keep the scoreline tight, we will have enough in the second leg.

There might be a few first-team players who would benefit from 60 minutes here, like Dom, Nunez and Mo (if fit, didn't read about availability).

Conversely, I hope players just back from injury get minutes for rhythm ahead of the City game. You don't want them coming into a game of that magnitude cold.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
With United away in the FA Cup next Sunday. I think both legs of this tie are going to played with an eye to the weekend. I know some will be meh to the FA Cup but we know Jurgen won’t.

I don’t think we can play weak in one leg then strong in the other because of the games that follow.

I’m expecting a mix of first teamers playing reduced minutes and our young stars in both legs
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
I think we'll go quite strong and look to rotate quite a few around the hour mark, depending on who's available. We could even see a half time substitution, maybe with van Dijk and Konate getting a half each so that we always have a senior option on the pitch.

Playing Nunez for an hour then taking him off for Salah gives both minutes without putting strain on them, perhaps MacAllister for an hour and ditto for Bradley.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
With United away in the FA Cup next Sunday. I think both legs of this tie are going to played with an eye to the weekend. I know some will be meh to the FA Cup but we know Jurgen won’t.

I don’t think we can play weak in one leg then strong in the other because of the games that follow.

I’m expecting a mix of first teamers playing reduced minutes and our young stars in both legs

I agree with this.

We’ll pick a team for tomorrow night and next Thursday based on number of factors:

1. We’ll pick a team we think can win
2. Balance that up with a bigger games 3 days later so no unnecessary risks
3. Give minutes, and hopefully rhythm, to players returning to 1st team squad
4. Balance the practicalities of training and game time for those players who have played more recently

It’ll be an approach akin to Southampton but with Endo, Nunez, Szoboszlai and Salah all hopefully available in addition.

It’s a delicate balance for Klopp due to a number of factors. Playing the kids or completely re-prioritising the game before City might not be in our best interests. Despite the perceived higher risk of playing games versus training.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Play a strong team ,win by couple of goals. Then put the kids for the home leg.
That would be more typical of Klopp for sure

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Is there a press conference today?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I get that the City game is key but throwing the kids into a European away vs a cup tie against lower league opposition at Anfield is a world of difference and I think we'll go a fair bit stronger than most would hope.

Yeah, we’ll be sensible I think. Won’t be full strength (or what passes for it) and won’t be really weak. We could lose 2-0, give ourselves work to do, not beat/lose to City regardless of what side we put out and lose to aunties in the cup.

That’s a worst case scenario, but it isn’t beyond the realms if we go really weak in cup ties to just concentrate on the league. It’s a really tricky decision for the management team.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, we’ll be sensible I think. Won’t be full strength (or what passes for it) and won’t be really weak. We could lose 2-0, give ourselves work to do, not beat/lose to City regardless of what side we put out and lose to aunties in the cup.

That’s a worst case scenario, but it isn’t beyond the realms if we go really weak in cup ties to just concentrate on the league. It’s a really tricky decision for the management team.
We shouldn’t be losing to our aunties in the cup. I wouldn’t be ok with that

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Is there a press conference today?

Yep it's 7pm.

Yeah I don't get the call for playing all the kids. I mean ultimately we're going to be required to play some of the kids anyway, we have too many injuries not to. If we lose on Sunday and City go on to beat Arsenal, we might find ourselves watching them go over the hill and into the distance, and our best chance of major silverware is suddenly the Europa League. It's a big trophy (physically ;D ) that would be fantastic for Jurgen to win in his last season. The FA Cup I don't care so much about, it would be great to win but it's the lowest priority of the three tournaments we have left by some way to me.

I'd be paying something like Kelleher, Bradley, Quansah, Konate, Tsimikas, Endo, Clark, Mac, Nunez, Gakpo and Diaz.

Rests VVD, Gomez, Robbo, Szobo, Elliot and Mo from the start. If all goes well we bring off Nunez, Diaz, Mac, Endo and Konate and give run outs to whoever we want.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Sexist pig.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
Rests VVD, Gomez, Robbo, Szobo, Elliot and Mo from the start. If all goes well we bring off Nunez, Diaz, Mac, Endo and Konate and give run outs to whoever we want.

I think we’ll go with something like that.

Annoying that city are getting an extra rest day, but we can’t afford to underestimate Sparta away from home.

These games never go to plan, but it would be nice to be able to make wholesale changes and bring some of the younger ones on after 50-60mins

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Kellerher

Gomez
Konate
Quansah
Tsimikas

Clark
McConnell
Szoboszlai

Elliott
Danns
Gakpo
Justice for the 96!

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Kellerher

Gomez
Konate
Quansah
Tsimikas

Clark
McConnell
Szoboszlai

Elliott
Danns
Gakpo
Danns didn't feature in training today.  I'd expect Darwin and Mo to get a half each.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Mo looked comfortable in training as did Endo and Szob. Was that Musialowski in the mix.....looked like him ? No Danns though ?

But the pitches looked in superb condition, so well done the groundswork team.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Very excited by the return of European football. I think ultimately it's a nice draw given the situation we're in with the squad, we probably can make changes in both games and go through, personally I'd like to see us go quite strong tomorrow and get part of the job done. Nunez/Endo/Szoboszlai/Salah should all play some portion of the game and while that's great for fitness going forward the main priority is to just win tomorrow. Do that and maybe you can bring a couple more younger players in for the return leg and just keep the bench strong. The only young ones I'd look at starting in Prague are Quansah and Clark, we can't give ourselves too much to do.

Get through this tie, get a few players back when the internationals are done, and then go full strength in every game possible. After this round they do the draw for both the quarters/semis so if we go through it should be interesting to see what the potential route to the final looks like.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks for that OP Nick. Good memories.

I think those of us (not too many) who expect us to win because we are who we are etc etc ... are gonna have a surprise coming. It is a club, management, squad and supporters very much on the same page. I saw the second leg against Gala for some bizarre reason and they ran them ragged. This is their World Cup final and it's gonna be loud and aggressive in that stadium tomorrow night. They will give it everything. As they should. We'll have to battle.
No way I would send out a youngster based team, not that I think Klopp will.

Weirdly the fact the squad has basically no time to train and has been pushed to the limit time and again of late makes this both a competitive match and a  training session. I think it pretty much opens the whole squad up to being available tomorrow night. It's the last "training session" before 115FC on Sunday.
If Mo is going to be used on Sunday then I expect he'll get minutes in Prague, Likewise everyone who'll start on Sunday.

So, Kelleher, Bradley, Virg and Konaté, Robbo. Endo, Macca, Szobo. Diaz, Nuñez, Mo will all play some role tonight. As will 5 from Quansah, Cody, Harvey, Tsimikas, Gomez, Mc Connell and Bobby Clarke either from the start or the bench.

If we can spare Harvey's legs I would, likewise Cody.

I think it's going to be a cracker of a game in a great atmosphere and hopefully we take an advantage to Anfield.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2024, 07:24:26 pm by Dougle »

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
Disagree. My Auntie Mary is a really tough opponent, hard in the tackle and full of running. Auntie Jane is very creative. Auntie Kath is shit though. Smells a bit too.

Offline Rusty

• loser mate whose french is a little.....Rusty.....n'est-ce pas?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
im thinking the line up will be
kelleher
Gomez VVD(Konate on ht) Quansah Tsimikas
        Endo
Eliott  Gravenberch (if fit)Clark

Gakpo    Danns   Diaz

we can hopefully bring on Mac,Nunez,Salah,Szono off the bech in the 2nd half

Love the old 4-1-3-3 formation. We should definitely play that against City.
He's made Kaizer wet himself with excitement then cry when he realises all in one post. Ban him? Knight him in the new year's honours!

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Play the kids' parents.

Online duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
Play the kids' parents.
What about their aunties?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jayden Danns is suffering from concussion after a heavy collision with the Nottingham Forest keeper on Saturday.

[@IanDoyleSport]

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So - he's out tomorrow and Sunday most likely.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Liverpool travelling squad: Gomez, Endo, Van Dijk, Konate, Diaz, Szoboszlai, Nunez, Mac Allister, Salah, Adrian, Gakpo, Elliott, Tsimikas, Robertson, Clark, Gordon, McConnell, Kelleher, Koumas, Quansah, Bradley, Musialowski, Mrozek.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/mohamed-salah-named-liverpool-squad-prague-trip

Musialowski in the squad the lastest youth player to be involved the 1st team squad.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Danns didn't feature in training today.  I'd expect Darwin and Mo to get a half each.
Is he injured? Not in the travelling squad.
JFT97

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
Was looking at Sparta's last 4 matches and they had a lot of bookings in those matches, even a red card in each of their last two matches. One match they had 7 bookings and in another 5 yellows and a red. We could be in for an assault tomorrow. The referee is going to have to be strong and competent, so not a PL one hopefully.
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
We never play great on a back of resting players. All first team players need some game time, it’ll just depend on when to use them.

I still think this is a more realistic chance for us of winning than the league. We’re riding our luck.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
We never play great on a back of resting players. All first team players need some game time, it’ll just depend on when to use them.

I still think this is a more realistic chance for us of winning than the league. We’re riding our luck.

I'll give you Nottingham as riding our luck, but where else in recent league games, with all the injuries have been riding our luck? We have some key players back anyway which helps greatly for the upcoming games.

We've just had 4 games in 11 days, with most of the players playing more than what they would otherwise if the injuries werent as big as they are. There were tired legs in the last game. We cant afford to go with the same all over again and then proceed the same way vs City.

Giving some minutes to the players coming back, but the rest should be recovering for the biggest game of the season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Go back to the deepest part of the ocean and stay there.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
I'll give you Nottingham as riding our luck, but where else in recent league games, with all the injuries have been riding our luck? We have some key players back anyway which helps greatly for the upcoming games.

We've just had 4 games in 11 days, with most of the players playing more than what they would otherwise if the injuries werent as big as they are. There were tired legs in the last game. We cant afford to go with the same all over again and then proceed the same way vs City.

Giving some minutes to the players coming back, but the rest should be recovering for the biggest game of the season

I wouldn't say riding our luck but we were fortunate to have Burnley and Luton at home when we did. Any away game, or a stronger team at home and it would have been a real struggle, but so it should be with all the players missing. Forest was always going to be tough away.

Even with a strong team out tomorrow will be a grind though. The 3 aways were in the group. Sparta will be well up for it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season