Author Topic: PRE MATCH THREAD: Sparta Prague vs Liverpool Thursday 7th March, 17.45 ko  (Read 14229 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
**NOTE THE EARLY KICK OFF TIME**

Our European knockout adventures begin on Thursday, with a rip to the Czech capital of Prague to face Sparta. We've met them before, in 2010/11 we played them in the last 32 of the Europa League under newly appointed Kenny Dalglish and won 1-0 over the 2 legs, courtesy of a late 2nd leg winner from Dirk Kuyt. Not really an occasion to dwell on for too long. Instead I wanted to talk abut Liverpool's connection with the Czechia Republic, and the city of Prague in particular.

If you're old like me, then cast your minds back to the glorious summer of 1996. Glorious until I got my A level results anyway...but still, an endless summer, lots of sunshine, Euro 96 and a lot of new names that were unfamiliar to our eyes suddenly becoming household names. The unfancied Czech Republic qualified out of a group containing Germany and Italy, took ut the dark horses of Portugal, dumped France out on penalties and improbably made the final, where they took the lead through a penalty from some long haired God by the name of Patrik Berger, before eventually falling to Germany in extra time.

A Premier League dominated by British and Irish players, where most foreign imports were Scandanvian suddenly became more cosmopolitan, and Liverpool played their part, sign the aforementioned Berger from Borussia Dortmund. In the pre-internet era he was still something of a mystery but he very quickly became a Cop favourite. He made his debut off the bench at Leicester, scoring twice, both with that hammer of a left foot, to turn the game for the Reds. A week later, his first start, and he scored another brace at home to Chelsea as we smashed them 5-1. It seemed like we had a true superstar on our hands. ver that first season Berger found himself in and out of the side a little, battling with Stan Collymore for a starting position alongside Fowler and McManaman. The goals inevitably died up a little but he still made a major impact.

It was under Gerard Houllier that Berger shone brightest for Liverpool though. From the 98/99 season, through to early 2000/01 he was a first choice, scoring plenty of trademark screamers from outside of the box, the pick of which being the free kick at Old Trafford. Sadly he picked up a bad knee injury in the 4-3 defeat at Leeds and although he recovered his place for the treble winning run in, including that match winning assist for Owen in the FA Cup Final, he was never quite the same player, and eventually left us at the end of 2002/03. He played for Portsmouth and Aston Villa before ending his career at Sparta.

https://youtu.be/iU4Gk_romNE?si=f_xgV5PNTUofUMtY

Berger wasn't the only Czech star though. In the summer of 1999, Houllier's rebuild saw him bring in Vladimir Smicer from Lens. A clever forward/attacking midfielder, Vladi at times found it difficult to make a sustained impact although had plenty of memorable cameos off the bench in his early seasons. It was his winning of the free kick that led to our golden goal winner in Dortmund. The following season he volleyed us to the top of the Premier League with a last minute winner against Chelsea. And obviously, who can forget his greatest and last appearance for us, coming off the bench in Istanbul to score the crucial second goal that really had Milan rocking, before scoring in the shootout, with his final kick for the club. Vladi was a Slavia man, starting and ending his career there.

https://youtu.be/261aPhdUebM?si=BI1AFJWZ5I7tKnnD
I should mention Milan Baros at this point. Bt he was a Banik Ostrava man (the Ostravan Maradona!), and I'm running out of time. :D

THE GAME

Let's be fair - there is a huge game coming on Sunday. While the Europa League remains a huge target, he only major trophy we haven't won under Jurgen, selection for this game will largely be dictated by who we want to start against City at the weekend. Minutes could be useful for some players on the fringes of returning to full fitness, but in reality it may be a game to start a few of the young lads who have served us so well this season, try and keep things tight and win the tie in the second leg. It feels a slight gamble, but everything is a balancing act at the moment.

Sparta drew 0-0 with big rivals Slavia at the weekend but they're having a great season domestically, winning 19 of their 23 games so far, losing only one.

PREDCTED LINE UP
Kelleher

Bradley   Gomez.   Quansah   Tsimikas

McConnell
Eliott    Clark

Gakpo.   Danns.   Koumas

I don't have much faith in that being the starting line up actually - feel like we may start one or two more senior players and manage minutes as best we can. It's a tricky one to balance.

Prediction: 1-1

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
im thinking the line up will be
kelleher
Gomez VVD(Konate on ht) Quansah Tsimikas
        Endo
Eliott  Gravenberch (if fit)Clark

Gakpo    Danns   Diaz

we can hopefully bring on Mac,Nunez,Salah,Szono off the bech in the 2nd half
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 03:53:55 pm by MD1990 »

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Hopefully go strong and get the tie won, perhaps a rest for Ibou and Mac but been way too much obsession with City on here for me, this is still important. Think the best thing we can do to help ourselves for the league in this tournament is get ties over with after the 1st leg, though easier said than done in Europe of course.

Be good to see Darwin and Dom get 60.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Think we will go strong here

Some players need minutes ahead of Sunday. Would love to see Mo involved.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Hoping it's a strong team. I'm glad the manager doesn't seem to be of the put all the eggs in one basket thinking. I think building a commanding lead with players missing/resting will be tough but hopefully we have enough to take a goal lead back, even a draw wouldn't be bad but if you want to eventually make changes in the 2nd leg best thing to do would be beating them at their place. These have just played two derbies in the past week against Slavia (0-0 in the league yesterday) so hopefully run out of steam themselves eventually.

Kelleher
Gomez   Quansah   VVD   Tsimikas
Endo   Clark   Szoboszlai
Gakpo   Nunez   Diaz

Bradley, Konate, Robbo, Mac Allister, Salah can all come off the bench hopefully, Danns even perhaps. Get this one done and take one step closer to Dublin.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Incredibly hard team to pick for our coaching staff.
The effective title decider takes place less than 72 hours after it .. plus if we lost 2-0 in sparta prague for example (which no team we put out will) we'd still be odds on to go through

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
No away goals does make life a bit easier in the second leg if we do end up losing.

On reflection I think the predicted team I put up is probably way off! We may see 45 mins of Virg and Ibou again. Maybe Endo will be ok to start and maybe play an hour. Same for Darwin and Dom.

I agree Jurgen will take it seriously and will want and expect us to progress.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
Incredibly hard team to pick for our coaching staff.
The effective title decider takes place less than 72 hours after it .. plus if we lost 2-0 in sparta prague for example (which no team we put out will) we'd still be odds on to go through

What Jack said

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly I'd rest every senior player. No one starting against City should play, unless they need some minutes for match fitness e.g., Salah.

Take a defeat if we need to (although we could feasibly rest everyone and win). We could turn anything around at Anfield regardless.

Pretty sure we will go quite strong though, with subs at half time.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
Expecting big changes with many of the kids featuring again.  Also expecting some of our first teamers to split the game 50/50 like VVD/Konate, Sozbo/Endo, Nunez/Salah etc.

This is only the "first half" of the overall game and there is a much bigger game 3 days later with a team waiting for us that will have an extra days rest.  Man City is easily the priority and this Sparta game should be managed to give us the best ability to have the starters 100% for Sunday.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline fiveways

• Anny Roader
Maybe should be Adrian in goal - if Kelleher got injured we are well and truly fucked against city

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly I'd rest every senior player. No one starting against City should play, unless they need some minutes for match fitness e.g., Salah.

Take a defeat if we need to (although we could feasibly rest everyone and win). We could turn anything around at Anfield regardless.

Pretty sure we will go quite strong though, with subs at half time.
It's a European away game at the end of the day. We can't play too many kids.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can forgive Jurgen and his coaches if they rotate heavily, we’ve just played 4 games in 12 days, have a bunch of injuries and then the small matter of City at the weekend.

My team would be along the lines of this;

Kelleher
Bradley
Vvd/Ibu
Quansah
Kostas
McConell
Dom
Clark
Gakpo
Danns
Elliot

Keep more than half an eye on Sunday and give the returning injured lads a few minutes off the bench. I would rather Gomez plays left back vs City so give him a bit of rest too.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
I know that an away game in Europe is always tricky and the opposition is stronger in the group stages, but we have to prioritise the City game on Sunday. That result could be the difference between winning the league or not. My aim would be for any of the outfield players who will start against City to ideally be limited to 45 minutes. Than go for the strongest possible 11 in the return leg next Thursday.

Working on the basis the following will start against City: Kelleher, Bradley, Robertson, Konate, van Djik, Endo, Mac Allister, Szoboszlai, Gakpo, Diaz, Nunez, I'd go for the below. van Djik and Endo to come off at half time and give Szoboszlai and Nunez whatever minutes the medical team have cleared them to play. We might even see Salah off the bench as Klopp said he should return to training this week.

Kelleher

Gomez               van Djik               Quansah               Tsimikas
                        (Konate)

Elliott               Endo               Clark
                                   (Mac Allister)

Gakpo               Danns               Koumas
            (Szoboszlai)         (Nunez)

Offline Bennett

• Legacy Fan
Maybe should be Adrian in goal - if Kelleher got injured we are well and truly fucked against city

Find this baffling to be honest. Kelleher is a number 2 goalkeeper who'd be our number 1 at any other point in my lifetime (save for a brief period with Reina maybe). He has a chance to play games, so take advantage of that fact. He's every bit as likely to get injured in training as he is in a game. Let's not be too precious.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Playing a bunch of kids away from home in Europe only makes sense if we want to throw the competition to "focus on the league ". Is that how much people fear the cheats? We need to drop that inferiority complex.

This is another realistic chance of winning something and focusing on one competition guarantees nothing even if we have a clean bill of health.

It just indicates fear. We're the most successful club in England and this club is all about trophies. This club should always be hungry to win everything.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 05:48:41 pm by MonsLibpool »

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
think its far more likely we see some senior players share mins.
Endo 45-60 then Mac Aliister
same with VVD  & Konate
Maybe similar with Nunez 60 then Salah 30 Gapko then thorugh the centre

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
The OP mentions Euro 96. I was on the Kop for a couple of games, one of which was the Czech Republic v Italy. From memory, the Czechs outnumbered and outsang the Italians. The Czechs had the Anny Road side of the Kemlyn and, I think, the Anny Road too. They made a hell of a noise.

Afterwards, I walked down Walton Breck Road and saw that there were loads of dilapidated old coaches in St Domingo Road ready to take them straight back across Europe.

I have had a soft spot for them since and, in fact, I was at that infamous game at Euro 2004 when they came back from 2-0 down to beat Netherlands 3-2. Milan Baros ran Jaap Stam ragged and scored an absolute cracker.

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
Maybe should be Adrian in goal .....

Good grief! ...... He hasn't played for two years and he was shite then !
They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
That 2004 game was a belter. Think Smicer got the winner as well! And Nedved hit the bar from about 35 yards. They could and should have won that tournament but got Greeced in the semis.

I think Smicer scored at Anfield in Euro 96 as well, against Russia, a goal which put them through ahead of Italy who were busy bore drawing with Germany at the same time.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!!
Thanks for the op Nick. Had no idea they were in that sort of form but had seen they knocked Galatersaray out.
I was at the Leicester A match where Berger scored two, great debut! Always liked Vlad too.
Am really hoping we find a way to add Mo to the mix. I wonder if him and Nunez do 45 each? Think similar for Endo and Macca and VVD and Konate and then build a team around these three planned subs. Gives strength but saves legs for Sunday.
Gakpo, Gomez, Quansah feel nailed in to start and do the whole match too.
Hope to go to the home leg next week and feel a draw or one goal loss on Thursday will be OK for us to overturn. Don’t need anything worse than that as a similar starting lineup next Thursday would leave us OK for the FA game after that.
Think we win 2-1 after all that 👍
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks Nick :)

Loved Berger, game us some memorable moments. Smicer was good as well although I was always willing for him to do more for us, if felt like he could have done but never quite managed to. Baros I liked as well although I'm probably alone in that.

We've not had a Czech player in the first team player since that period I think?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
Rest everyone starting on Sunday with possible exception of Kelleher. 115 FC already have an extra days rest and they play at home on Wednesday, not to mention the intense period we've had with games and injuries. Let's not give them any advantage there.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
Rest everyone starting on Sunday with possible exception of Kelleher. 115 FC already have an extra days rest and they play at home on Wednesday, not to mention the intense period we've had with games and injuries. Let's not give them any advantage there.

Dom and Salah (if he’s back) will need minutes to be match fit for Sunday.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Sensible mix for this and should still be good enough to get at least a draw.  Would like to see Mo and Szob getting some game time.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
No, no, no, no and just to reiterate my point, god no.

Single-handedly grasped defeat from the jaws of victory against Atletico. About the only thing he grasped that night.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
the aforementioned Berger from Borussia Dortmund. In the pre-internet era he was still something of a mystery but he very quickly became a Cop favourite.
Burglary? DUIs? An unfortunate typo there Nick ;D but otherwise A+. Appreciate the KO time heads up too.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
The worrying thing is the likes of Diaz, Elliott, and Gapko are badly in need of being rested prior to the city match, this is going to be a very interesting starting 11, hopefully the likes of Nunez and szoboszlai can get some minutes in their legs without overdoing it, you can guarantee klopp will use 5 subs to try and even players workloads

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
VVD needs a rest and I think he could get it here
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
The worrying thing is the likes of Diaz, Elliott, and Gapko are badly in need of being rested prior to the city match, this is going to be a very interesting starting 11, hopefully the likes of Nunez and szoboszlai can get some minutes in their legs without overdoing it, you can guarantee klopp will use 5 subs to try and even players workloads

I'd like to see those 3 start on the bench for Thursday's game with Mo (if fit), Nunez, & Slob, going off at around the 60/70 minute mark & being replaced by the other 3. Can't see the match being a classic & I'm not convinced we'll win the game. However, we still have Anfield for the 2nd leg so a victory against City on Sunday would justify everything.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Salah and Dom probably actually need to play a good 20 or so here to even think about starting the City game.

Personally, I'd be happy with an Endo, Mac and Elliot midfield against City as long as Salah/Nunez can start. If we can get Diaz, Nunez and Salah starting vs City that will really worry Pep and City fans IMO.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
Re the OP and Czech's, i named once a dog after Milan Baros  ;D

Milan was Dalmatian and i got him as a young puppy, and he was so small (and cute, so cute). i had him for a couple of days and was really struggling for a name. I ended up throwing him a ball for the first time and -nothing. He never even moved. Did it again, did it again, nothing . I was kinda wondering what on earth was wrong with this dog when i suddenly realized that he was so small he wasn't getting his head up, he probably never even saw the ball i was throwing. So i rolled the ball along the ground and he burst out of the blocks like a rocket ship on fire , totally overran his own legs trying to stop, tumbled to a crash landing, back to his feet in an instant and was running to me with the ball in his mouth and mad glee in his eyes.

'C'mon, Milan" I called. "Bring it".  ;D Named on the spot, (no pun intended)  he was Milan ever after, i had that dog for 17 years. He just passed away a few years ago now. Great dog. Unlike the real thing, he eventually got his head up.

Lets beat these 2-0 and rest everybody also. i'll let Klopp and the kids figure out how.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
Salah and Dom probably actually need to play a good 20 or so here to even think about starting the City game.

Personally, I'd be happy with an Endo, Mac and Elliot midfield against City as long as Salah/Nunez can start. If we can get Diaz, Nunez and Salah starting vs City that will really worry Pep and City fans IMO.
It's not ideal but we need to go stronger than we'd like. If you analyze our away games in an easy group:
i. Toulouse- we struggled after making some changes.
ii. LASK- Struggled after making some changes. Subbed the big boys on to secure the 3 points.
iii. St Gilloise- Lost after making many changes.

These games are not easy at all. If we undersestimate any team, we can find ourselves 2/3 goals down.

Regarding the XI, I think Virg will start because he's the captain and he'd love to lift more shiny things. We definitely need to rotate our fullbacks because we need them fresh for the City game. Clark and Quansah can come in as the kids in the XI. Ideally, we'd smash them there and rotate heavly at home.
« Last Edit: March 4, 2024, 07:40:58 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Burglary? DUIs? An unfortunate typo there Nick ;D but otherwise A+. Appreciate the KO time heads up too.

The Cop is the name of our stand behind the goal. Everyone knows that.

FFS - two match threads typed up on a shite old laptop, two lots of typos. Might as well have just done it on my phone for the same result. :D

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
I believe we can win the league but something tells me if a lot of the people on here got their way with team selections they'd bemoan a very disappointing end to the season. The idea that all these cup matches have to be thrown to the kids is bizarre. I actually want to see us go stronger in this leg to get something we can put to bed with the odd change at Anfield. As for resting the goalkeeper, I just don't get it. He's more likely to get a knock in training. Alisson has never got an injury because someone has ran in to him for example. Also, it's a European away ffs, not a League 1 side in the cup  ;D

Four matches until the internationals now, everyone has to give it all they have to ensure we're still top, in the last eight of the Europa League and FA Cup semi finalists. I think we can do all three.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Lovely stuff Nick. A proper homage to out two wonderful Czechs.

I would expect Jurgen to get some yards into Szobozlai's legs, and Mo Salah's too if poss.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Thanks for the OP Nick. Loved Berger, one of my favourite players from those years. I recall that Leeds game as I watched it in the Crown Casino in Melbourne, had forgotten he went off injured though.

I’m in the think we’ll go stronger camp. Expect Virgil will be Captain and maybe share 45 with Konate. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Szoboszlai start either as he may need minutes as his been missing a while. Be interesting to see whether Mo or Gravenberch are fit enough, would at least mean they’re ready to go for Sunday. Lots of ifs and buts for this one. They seem to have a very good domestic record but not sure how it transfers to this level, hopefully we can get the win or at least a draw, and please no injuries ahead of the weekend
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
City is meaningless after this Arsenal result so full team please. No need for any rest

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Thanks for the OP Nick. Loved Berger, one of my favourite players from those years. I recall that Leeds game as I watched it in the Crown Casino in Melbourne, had forgotten he went off injured though.

I’m in the think we’ll go stronger camp. Expect Virgil will be Captain and maybe share 45 with Konate. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Szoboszlai start either as he may need minutes as his been missing a while. Be interesting to see whether Mo or Gravenberch are fit enough, would at least mean they’re ready to go for Sunday. Lots of ifs and buts for this one. They seem to have a very good domestic record but not sure how it transfers to this level, hopefully we can get the win or at least a draw, and please no injuries ahead of the weekend

I think he made his comeback in the 2-0 win against United when Gerrard scored a screamer. I watched that game in the Crown Casino in Melbourne. :D

Offline nerdster4

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
They absolutely battered gala didn’t they ? Who beat United , no ?

So we need to be ready for a game

Kelleher (because Adrian is only a crisis option)
Bradley (because Gomez will need to mark doku)
Gomez (because centre back is less tiring , and he plays 45 minutes only before konate replaces him to compensate for endo going off)
Qansah
Tsimikas (Robertson starts against city )

Endo (needs minutes , Dom replaces him at half time )
Clark
Elliott

Gakpo
Danns (koumas at half time as not sure is ready for much more at this level)
Diaz (Salah comes on at half time and him and koumas play either side of Gakpo)

This gives everyone who needs minutes (endo, dom, salah)
Risks minimal to kelleher , konate , Gomez, diaz
Ensures that danns and Clark are surrounded by senior players at all times

And leaves our best 11 ready to start again city
No need for vvd , Mac and Nunez to travel

I am assuming grav won’t be ready