Author Topic: Jayden Danns  (Read 23140 times)

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: Jayden Danns
« Reply #160 on: February 29, 2024, 03:01:50 pm »
what very impressice with danns is the chances he has got on the end of & hit the target in his small amunt of mins
in regards to McConnell & Clark i dont see them as exceptional. Bajcetic looks a level above

Bajcetic being injured has placed him on an undeserved pedestal above Clark and McConnell. This is coming from one of his biggest advocates as well. McConnell & Clark have shown plenty in their first batch of minutes to say there isn't that much of a discrepancy in their levels.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: February 29, 2024, 03:06:33 pm »
The two finishes last night were different, but between them showed a lot of what you want from a striker. The first one was about timing of the run and having that picture in your head of the goal the keeper and knowing how to ensure it ends in the back of the net. Having the calmness under pressure to execute what he wanted to do.

The second was all about instinct and making sure you’re reacting quicker than defenders and being in the right place.

Is he 18? To show these skills at this level at his age is very very promising

He said in the post match interview that keepers always go to ground that close, so he knew he just had to lift it up to score. There's a huge amount of PL forwards who wouldn't have done that, they'd have hit it into the keeper.

Wonder if he was dreaming last night of smashing the winner in at the Stretford End and legging the length of the pitch?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #162 on: February 29, 2024, 03:18:44 pm »
Who are the last 4 academy players to make 100+ appearances, Jones Trent, Sterling, Kelly? Getting 4 from that group +Doak and Bajcetic to 100+ appearances would be an incredible achievement I'd argue just one getting to that figure would be really successful to be honest

I agree and my comments were in response to someone saying we have the potential backbone of the team coming through the Academy. It’d be unreal if that was the case. I think absolute best case is 4 of the current young players, who’ve had games this season, end up making over 100 appearances for Liverpool. Suspect it will be fewer than 4 unless we as a team fall off a cliff in the next few seasons.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #163 on: February 29, 2024, 03:23:32 pm »
I agree and my comments were in response to someone saying we have the potential backbone of the team coming through the Academy. It’d be unreal if that was the case. I think absolute best case is 4 of the current young players, who’ve had games this season, end up making over 100 appearances for Liverpool. Suspect it will be fewer than 4 unless we as a team fall off a cliff in the next few seasons.

Probably true, but who really gives a fuck, we're in the middle of a crazy situation and young fellas from the academy keep stepping up. Let people dream.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #164 on: February 29, 2024, 03:56:43 pm »
His off the ball movement was excellent last night. The highlight was his wonderful change of direction which helped open things up for Cody Gakpo's shot near the end. It really showcased his pace too. And he didn't stop there. He followed the shot just in case it rebounded off the keeper, as it was soon to do for his second goal.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #165 on: February 29, 2024, 04:09:35 pm »
The two finishes last night were different, but between them showed a lot of what you want from a striker. The first one was about timing of the run and having that picture in your head of the goal the keeper and knowing how to ensure it ends in the back of the net. Having the calmness under pressure to execute what he wanted to do.

The second was all about instinct and making sure you’re reacting quicker than defenders and being in the right place.

Is he 18? To show these skills at this level at his age is very very promising
Just turned 18 last month.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: February 29, 2024, 04:10:27 pm »
Great start to his Liverpool career, well done that lad! A League Cup trophy, a couple of FA Cup goals, and as a player he looks to move well, find space, and showed he can finish.

We have an excellent crop of youngsters, and I'm backing at least some of them to make it here longer term, and most of them to have very good careers in the game. It seems a bit churlish to go into that a bit too much at this stage, and sift them and try to predict who will do what as the truth is we just don't know what the future holds.

What we do know is that the kids are alright! They are doing their part to help the feel good factor around the club right now, and they are adding to our momentum while so many senior players are out injured. Love to see it.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: February 29, 2024, 04:11:20 pm »

I think we have a class of 92, La Masia situation on our hands. Bajcetic Bradley and Quansah are three players injuries permitting pretty much guaranteed to have 100 appearances for this club, then you have Danns, Beck, Koumas, Morton, Nyoni, Clark, Trent Kone Doherty, Doak, out of all his group I’ll be very optimistic that at least two out of those go on to do the same.

Won’t be the first time I’m overly optimistic about youth prospects but I think we have a situation here reminiscent of us and the Mancs in the 90’s.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 04:16:45 pm by Coolie High »

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 29, 2024, 04:15:51 pm »
Bajcetic being injured has placed him on an undeserved pedestal above Clark and McConnell. This is coming from one of his biggest advocates as well. McConnell & Clark have shown plenty in their first batch of minutes to say there isn't that much of a discrepancy in their levels.

No don’t agree Bajcetic is on a different level, and in my opinion that was apparent in the youth teams also. McConell as good as he’s been was never talked of the way Bajcetic was, and I also don’t think he’s put in the appearances comparable to Bajcetic last season who was literally our best player at times.

I would say Bajcetic is certain to make it here as a first team player, the other two aren’t as sure for me but they both have a good chance, Bajcetic for me is just different and a Trent Sterling Jones type talent.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #169 on: February 29, 2024, 04:25:55 pm »
Loving the look of this kid.
Our future with all these kids is looking very rosy.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 29, 2024, 04:26:00 pm »
Probably true, but who really gives a fuck, we're in the middle of a crazy situation and young fellas from the academy keep stepping up. Let people dream.

Players can make an impact without being a long term solution.

At this club and others we’ve seen young players contribute to trophy wins but ultimately never become an established player in the long run.

Offline Jookie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: February 29, 2024, 04:39:24 pm »

I think we have a class of 92, La Masia situation on our hands. Bajcetic Bradley and Quansah are three players injuries permitting pretty much guaranteed to have 100 appearances for this club, then you have Danns, Beck, Koumas, Morton, Nyoni, Clark, Trent Kone Doherty, Doak, out of all his group I’ll be very optimistic that at least two out of those go on to do the same.

Won’t be the first time I’m overly optimistic about youth prospects but I think we have a situation here reminiscent of us and the Mancs in the 90’s.

It’s really hard to predict. I suppose that’s my point.

People would have predicted at times during their Liverpool careers that Ibe, Flanagan, Suso would be nailed on to make 100 senior appearances. When during that period only Kelly and Sterling broke that type of appearance level.

I think the Academy is better now but also having consistency in style with the 1 manager in place for 8 years helps players transition through the ranks. That aids the chance of success on an individual and collective basis.

What’s harder is the current level of the 1st team. Youth players need to be unreal prospects to play instead of the current 1st team squad. For 5 or 6 to do so and start getting 20-30 games each over a 3-4 year period would be an unbelievable an achievement since it would generally mean they’ve superseded 5-6 players in the current 1st team squad and are getting their game time.

I’m really excited about this group of players. But also realistic that the path from a handful of very good appearances to being a consistent performer is a really difficult one. Asking 4-5 players to do that at the same time whilst the team competes for honours. Unprecedented in modern day Liverpool.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: February 29, 2024, 04:45:00 pm »

Online AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #173 on: February 29, 2024, 05:48:29 pm »
To be fair Suso was good enough to have been part of that team. Brendan just fell out with him.
Do agree that we need to calm the hype a bit. These kids have looked good but you have to understand that they are currently allowed much more freedom tactically. There is still a lot they have to learn. Amongst the ones that have played, Clark, Quansah, Bajcetic and Bradley have essentially made it in as proper squad options. Whether they can push themselves to get more minutes and up the pecking order depends on their determination and development. I would hope that we do not look for a replacement for Thiago in the market and give Clark and Baj a crack next season.
The remaining lads will probably still be moving a fair bit between the senior team and U-21s until they are properly there. Lots of good signs from each of them though, and I duly hope to see Doak, Mcconnell, Danns, Koumas and Nyoni all get loads of opportunities to be in and around that group because there's lots of talent there, and more importantly, a genuine work ethic and enthusiasm which isnt so common among young players.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #174 on: February 29, 2024, 06:04:37 pm »
Loving the look of this kid.
Our future with all these kids is looking very rosy.

It really is. Let’s hope they work out but even if they don’t work out here, these very promising and well publicised performances will drive up their price in the future helping with PSR. Academies are going to become hugely important to clubs going forward.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kloppage Time

• Anny Roader
  • ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠⊙⁠_⁠ʖ⁠⊙⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯
« Reply #175 on: February 29, 2024, 07:04:18 pm »
Anyone can have a good day, but you have to be able to perform on a bad day.

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: February 29, 2024, 09:00:31 pm »

Looking up at the master Senor. An up close lesson from the very best

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #177 on: March 1, 2024, 06:23:11 pm »
wouldnt surprise me if danns came on as sub and scored again against forest

we have been waiting for that option since bobby firmino  left

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: March 1, 2024, 06:28:25 pm »
Great pictures!

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: March 2, 2024, 01:00:36 am »

I'd fully agree with the three mentioned. They look and have produced huge performances that makes them first team players already. The other lads have great promise but it's too early to know if they will be liverpool players long term. Hopefully we get a few more of them but chances are not that likely. Even if none of them made it as Liverpool regulars it's a huge win getting 3 and adding value on the others that might not make it with us.

Its not the nicest way of thinking about it but if it were the three previously mentioned, centre back, right back, midfielder when stefan comes back.. that is a huge amount of money saved and then you have the other lads who have played really well and will command bigger fees if we need to sell.

Just to be clear, ideally they all make it because that's what we all want. It's just not realistic.

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: March 2, 2024, 05:11:23 pm »
He’s the real deal, isn’t he? So excited for the prospects for this lad.

Online Buster Gonad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #181 on: March 2, 2024, 05:12:19 pm »
Another really encouraging cameo. Really wanted the ball and his movement is class. We'll in Phil

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #182 on: March 2, 2024, 05:13:39 pm »
will be interesting to see how many mins he will get on thursday night

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #183 on: March 2, 2024, 05:13:57 pm »
Picking it up deep on the half turn, runs in behind, instinctive finishes. This could be another really good one.

Calm down on the 10/90 challenges though :lmao
AHA!

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #184 on: March 2, 2024, 05:14:07 pm »
He's really good. Sometimes young forwards coming into the first team can look like passengers but this lad is involved in everything.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #185 on: March 2, 2024, 05:14:56 pm »
Brilliant link up play again. Will definitely be coming on against city next week.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #186 on: March 2, 2024, 05:15:48 pm »
He's physically ready and bang up for it. Hopefully our Divock for the rest of the season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: March 2, 2024, 05:16:40 pm »
Superb impact.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: March 2, 2024, 05:16:55 pm »
Class again and we should have had a pen. Blatantly hauled to the ground by Danilo

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #189 on: March 2, 2024, 05:17:39 pm »
Put himself about well when he came on, always ready to receive the ball on the half turn and made the right decision on the few occasions he had the ball. Good cameo from the lad.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: March 2, 2024, 05:17:46 pm »
He has a touch of class about him doesn't he.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JovaJova

• Advises you to avoid premature Jovaculation.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: March 2, 2024, 05:18:56 pm »
Class again and we should have had a pen. Blatantly hauled to the ground by Danilo

Van Dijk was getting his shirt ripped off on every corner. The main reason we didn’t score from any of them was basically our players were all getting fouled repeatedly, the Danns rugby tackle obviously being the most blatant example.

This guy really looks the part, seems to just make the right decisions.
You said, I think I'm like Tennessee Williams, I wait for the click, I wait but it doesn't kick in

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: March 2, 2024, 05:19:39 pm »
legit 1st team option now

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: March 2, 2024, 05:21:18 pm »
Should've had a penalty before he'd even touched the ball. Always looks determined to make a nuisance of himself which is a nice trait to have.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: March 2, 2024, 05:30:09 pm »
Really don't see any reason why he can't be a long-term option for us.

He's got everything physically, he can finish, he's strong in the air, he knows instinctively where he needs to be in and around the box. Think he's an incredibly exciting player.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: March 2, 2024, 05:31:55 pm »
legit 1st team option now

100% he is.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: March 2, 2024, 05:35:36 pm »
I’d definitely start him Thursday. Wrap Nunez in cotton wool for the City game.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: March 2, 2024, 05:35:41 pm »
Plays his part in winning a cup final at Wembley, 2 goals at Anfield, on the pitch for a 99th min winner in the league away from home all in the space of 6 days.  ;D Welcome lad!!

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #198 on: March 2, 2024, 05:46:52 pm »
He's definitely in the mix now. Mo, Darwin, Jota, Diaz, Danns, Cody...don't ever remember us having this kind of attacking depth. Ridiculous.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #199 on: March 2, 2024, 05:49:55 pm »
Tall, lanky kid as well. Should fill out nicely over time.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.